Old 05-07-2004, 12:40 PM   #121  

Height: 5 foot

The Email address is www.epharmacist.com. It's the cheapest price so far, but there may be more I dont know. A lot of people on here dont really approve of diet pills, but sometimes you just have to do what you gotta do.. and I couldnt do it alone. I know there is no magic pill etc etc, but I just need to get the weight down, because I notice that the smaller I am, the less I eat. Well anyway, hope that helps.
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 10:03 AM   #122  

Default Hi All,

Hi everybody, I haven't been around for a few days. Really busy in the yard and at work. Last couple of days have been rough with the eating. (damn Aunt Flow, tries to undo all the good I do all month)

Jaymi, I am glad the pills are working for you, just be careful. How can you order prescription drugs off the internet without a prescription. Are you sure your getting the right thing. Just be careful.

Vera, How wonderful that the pounds are coming off. Sometimes I think we focus too much on the diet. When I'm busy, I eat what ever is there and I have time for, and sometimes do better than when I'm following a specific program.

Well, I've got to keep in short and sweet today as I have to check a few other threads and then get outside while the weather is good. ttyl
DonnaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 04:22 PM   #123  

Default Arggghhh!!!

This is the third time my post got erased... Aol sucks!!!

But anyway Hi Everyone!

Donna-- I left you a long a reply... but I"m tired of typing now!!! So I'm gonna give you the short version!!! I dont know if this place is telling the truth or not, but you fill out a medical form online and so say a licensed physician says yea or nay and writes a prescription and a real pharmacy fills it. The pharmacy seems real, but the prices are still raised. I got my cousin to send pics of her pills and they look the same, i also looked up pics from walgreens online and etc. That's the best i can do honestly for right now...So basically I'm taking a risk, but I wouldnt recommend anyone else to do it. Ok, I think that's what i said last time Anyway thanks for even caring about me!!

I would say something to someone else.. but...no one's posted in a while really!!

Well so about me.... I've lost another 2 pounds!!! That makes my weight down to 158.. Yawl dont know how happy I am...even though I"m way too tired to show it!! I havent been that size since maybe my wedding 21/2 years ago or before. To think until I found this site... I was about to give up or I HAD gave up. I'm really tired though. I"ve been working out maybe a little too much... but I cant sleep that well. I wake up at 5 or 6 am like clockwork...Instead of sitting around looking dumb.. I exercise. Makes since to me

My husband just doesnt get it. He say's im doing too much or I'm taking this weight thing over board He wouldnt know what to do if he lived one day in my shoes. I've been so embarrassed to weigh more then my husband who I know has at least 8 or 9 inches on me in height.. But oh well, whatever.. I know he's noticed a little change, theres no way he hasnt noticed I lost 22 pounds, but he hasnt said nothing!!!!
I still wear all my big baggy clothes, like these pair of 18 kapris that I could just pull straight down So when I get to my goal, and wear something cute... he'll just be in shock!

Well thanks all of you for listening to me complain even though I shouldnt be!!
Have a great weekend!!
Old 05-09-2004, 01:04 PM   #124  
chocolate lover

Default congratulations Jaymi

congratulations on the 2 more pounds you got off Jaymi! i surely know how even just 2 pounds can make you feel i actually envy you for being able to wake up so early, i have a hard time getting up before 730 in the morning! that's why i do my walking in the evenings. but i used to wake up before 6am when i was training for tennis everyday. i still have not gone back to that habit though. maybe soon.

congratulations again on the weight loss! soon as you get new clothes, your hubby is bound to notice and appreciate. i'm sure he notices changes now, he just maybe doesn't know how to react to it.
verabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 06:35 AM   #125  
Maggi

Default dense husbands!

Jaymi_Dol_78

Men can be dense! Yes he will notice later and probably about the time you hit your goal, if you go to visit someone else for a week than come back it will jump out at him like a bullet.

How long have you been taking the pills now? How do you feel? Do you feel they are helping?

I am asking a lot of questions because I wan't to try them, not sure if now is the right time, but after I get my weight off and get settled in with maintenance I want to tackle quitting smoking but don't want to gain one once back. I thought they might help me then. Or if I hit some really bad slumps and need them during the diet.

You just keep up the good work, hubby will notice! If he doesn't believe me, many more men will and he will notice that!
magnoliamouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 09:23 AM   #126  

Default Thanks very much!!!

First off, I want to say thanks very much for your support and comments

VeraBear- Believe it or not... I hate waking up in the mornings, and it actually took me until this point to do so. The reason being there is just not enough time in the day for me to get all the exercise in. My daughter maybe takes a nap around 11:30 or noon (if i'm lucky) But I'm usually really tired by then for some reason!!! So I wouldnt do anything and all through out the day, she pretty much owns the TV. Trust me, it's getting harder, I'm starting to need caffeine !! But thanks hopefully I can keep this up! I bet youre right, he's gotta notice because my face is even smaller now than before, but oh well.. men!!!

Magnoliamouth- This is going on week 2 of the pills. At first they made me feel kinda weird and I didnt get any sleep, but that was one of the side effects of them, but it goes away in about 3 days. You have to take them EARLY (reallly emphasizing early!) Because if you take them even after 8 am, you might have trouble sleeping....unless you are already a night owl anyway. The appetite suppressant part does work... maybe too much!! I'm way below on my calories but I do eat 3 times a day, But i have to make myself to that. It works up to a point though, since it's dealing with your brain, i guess you can fool yourself to a point, but lets say you walk into your favorite restaraunt and smell all of the great food, you might not be able to say no because your stomach starts talking then!! lol It's weird though. Sometimes I get restless too, so then I have to keep busy or exercise. It doesnt really give you energy, but it makes you want to keep busy or keep thinking of things to do. I guess it all depends on you and what part of dieting you need help with the most...If it's the eating part, It will help!

Where is everyone at? I know Vermont mom is riding her bike, but it sure seems quiet around here!!! Well Verabear and Magniliamouth... Let me know how the both of you are doing!!! Everyone have a great day!!
Old 05-12-2004, 06:48 PM   #127  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hello ladies!!!! we got back this afternoon...still unpacking, looking around and seeing what the kids did/didn't do

Had a GREAT time!!! and the only injuries were sunburn (I saw more sun in 5 days than we do here in a month) and I tore a nail riding the mechanical bull (yup - but I kept my shirt on, unlike the other ladies )

Will come back soon after other stuff, to catch up!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 07:55 PM   #128  

Hey Holly,

So glad you had a great time. Glad you got to bask in the too. So you rode the bull. You go girl putting all those muscles to use and show em what you've got. Not me, right now I'm poop, but get 50lbs off me and I'd give it a try.

Well, it's good to have you back and so glad you had a safe trip. I'll be sending you a pm in a few days (know you need to settle in) Need to get some advise on the exercise front. I'm heavy but ready. Figure I have to start somewhere. I've been walking outside 40-45 mins or inside on 20mins(the is so much harder) or doing a 45min WATP video. I'm averaging about 10x a week. So I think it's time to move on

How's everyone else doing? Maggie, I tackled the smoking already. Now I'm going after the weight. It was easier to quit smoking. I can't believe I said that, but it's true.

Jaymi, Glad everything is going so well. I know it's hard work with the little ones, but you are getting results and thats great. Still, be carefull with the pills. I have a tendency to worry. Part of getting older. When I was young, I would try anything.

Hey Vera, How's it going? Getting up early is hard, but once you do it for a couple of weeks it gets easier. The hardest part for me is trying to fall asleep earlier. And if I decide to sleep in on the weekends, I'm all screwed up on Monday morning. I find the morning exercise really important. It's gets me going the rest of the day.

Well, I have to figure out what I'm making for dinner. So I'm going to take a quick cruise around the board. ttyl.
Old 05-14-2004, 05:50 PM   #129  

Default Where is everybody?!?!?

Ok, did I scare everyone away or what?!?!? Did yaw'l move to another thread?!? But anyway, I tried to post on here the other day, but my internet completely cut off on me, so I just gave up...It happend twice while trying to do my journal so I just said forget it!!!

Ok everyone, since it's been so long..there's nothing to comment on!!!

Donna- I tried to ask you this last time before this stupid computer.... anyway Have you ever did Denise Austin? I like it because 1. I'ts free. It comes on lifetime and I tape it for later. 2. She does a big variety of exercises like step aerobics, pilates, kickboxing, yoga, workout with weights..
3. So far I havent had a rerun yet, so I have 3 6 hour tapes, too hard to get tired of that so far. She can be a little annoying at times, but when I got up and started doing them and saw how hard some of it was and that it actually made me sweat!! I was hooked. Now some of the exercises I couldnt do at all at first, I can actually do them. She has 2 30 minute shows. The other thing you might not like is working out through the comercials... I work out through "fast forwarding" the comercials So it pretty much comes out to 45 minutes for both. She just seems to pick the hardest exercise to do during the comercials.....I can't do them for that long, so I fast forward, but hopefully I will be able to be.

Well weigh-in is tomorroww..kinda nervous...ok REALLY nervous. Dont want to get disapointed or upset if I didnt lose. But I know that today, my sweats were totally too baggy and when I started they were tight, so even If I havent lost weight this week, I've lost...something!

Food, exercise and water was all good today. The jeans I ordered came in today... the butt part looks big and they look looong. But too scared to put them on. Maybe tomorrow. Havent wore jeans in forever.

I wonder why people have been staring at me lately and I've figured it out...Not because they think I'm fat...but because they are wondering why in the H*** this chick is wearing sweats when it is 85 degrees out side...But I cant help it.. I sleep, eat, and every thing else in sweats...Comfortable. Not like Imma put on some shorts.... NO WAY!! Why try to be cooler when I'll feel so uncomfortable. Plus I dont have any so it doesnt matter.

Oh well I'll go now, hopefully someone will post and let me know everythings kool!!! Bye all, have a good day...
Old 05-16-2004, 10:08 AM   #130  

Hi Jaymi,
I still around. We've been busy working in the yard. Yanking hedges and bushes, replanting. Getting loads of dirt sand and gravel. Lots of digging. I am beat. My husband,who I must say is my best friend and a really great guy, is also an ex-marine and though he's by no means gung-ho, he still has a lot of the discipline. We went from 9am to 7pm. I am exhausted. Aunt Flow just got here friday. I am besides diabetic, also anemic, and when Flow is here
the first few days are really rough. I might have to have surgery. But anyway, I remember Denise Austin from yrs ago. I have satellite so I'm sure I can catch her. What station does she air on. I know the channels differ from city to city and state to state but the station is what I need. If you get a chance. Thanks, I'll check it out. I hope she's on early in the morning though. I'm not much for recording. I haven't been on the scale in a few days. I had just stopped losing, wasn't gaining, but pms week I didn't lose anything. But I usually gain so I'm not complaining.

You in the meantime sound like your doing excellent! I wouldn't get caught up the scale. You know good things are happening to your body by the way your clothes are fitting. With the working out your doing your obviously toning. Fat to muscle is a good thing. Makes for an even better fat burning matabolisum(sp?) the more muscle you have. The muscle weighs more than fat and as much as we all hate to hear that since we are so hung up on the numbers, it's true. I'm sure you'll be pleasantly suprised when you try those jeans on. And then people might be looking at you for a whole new reason, because you look great! So keep up the good work. (now for the mom in me, I must ask, are you still taking the pills? Do you feel ok? Do you have a plan to go off them slowly? As always, be careful.)

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. I don't know why I'm even up. Only slept less than 5hrs. So I threw in a load of laundry, grapped loaded the dishwasher, gathered some garbage and recycles for tomorrows pick up and landed here. I'm actually hoping to hop back in bed for a couple of hours. I must be over-tired, just can't sleep, and the body is aching from all the work yesterday. Achey, but good. Always feels good to know the old
chasis got a workout.

Maybe I'll catch up with some of you later. ttyl

Last edited by DonnaD; 05-16-2004 at 10:11 AM.
Old 05-16-2004, 02:04 PM   #131  

Hi Donna! I guess it's just you and me for the time being!! Wow seems like everybody's always in the yard planting the flowers and mowing the yards and what not... Unfortunately we don't even have a yard at this time, and if we did I wouldnt be doing either!!! I can barely keep a plastic plant alive!! Maybe one day, when the kids are older. Diabetes suck!! My parents and grandparents have it. I had it when I was pregnant for my son. I'm not good with medical words...anymore...but what kind of diabetes do you have...the one you can make go away or the one you have forever? Aunt Flow sucks too!! I don't usually get that bad, but I do get bad headaches!!! Denise Austin comes on Lifetime. I'm pretty sure on satillite you get that channel. It comes on at 7:00 eastern and 6:00 central. So that should be early enough for you.

I didnt even get a chance to get on the computer yesterday, but I did exercise my butt off. I was sooo upset. I found out that my Dad had to have heart surgery, and I was 1000 miles away and there was nothing I could do. I couldnt be there either, we had planned to go out there in 2 weeks, we don't have the money nor the transportation at the moment. My hubby asked but I know that it would have been almost impossible. I always though of my daddy as superman. Any thing I ever needed I asked him for, if i needed help moving or if my car broke-down. He came to take care of me when I had my daughter because of my C-section and my hubby was at work. It just made me think that he was there for me, and I wasnt there for him. I was just quietly walking on the treadmill then I felt the tears streaming down. I didnt want anyone to see me, so I just starting going faster and faster.Then I went into the room and did i dont know how many crunches and leg lifts until my legs were like rubber. But I felt a little better. Then my hubby took me to "attempt" to play tennis. We played for an hour or so. I'm not good, but I got a real workout.

Yes, Mother..... I am still taking them. I'm not sure if they even affect me that much anymore. I mean my appetite isnt all there, but it doesnt make me nervous or as fidgety either. I will probably taper off when I get to my goal weight, or when they stop working....which ever comes first.

Well hope everything is going good for you and you're feeling better! Hope everybody else is doing well too! Bye all, have a good day!!!
Old 05-17-2004, 07:17 AM   #132  
Maggi

Jaymi_Dol_78

Sorry to hear about your Dad, what is the news from out there today. How is he. I know how that feels, I lived in wichita KS when I found out my mom was going to die. I couldn't get to visit her for 6 weeks later. But by the time I did, I was able to get transferred to an area closer so I could spend weekends with her. She only lived 4 months after that, but I'm glad I got that time.

Where we live now is only about 1.5 hours from my family so that has made a big difference in my life with my family and I appreciate them more now that I'm older.

Sounds like you took your furstrations out on the exercise equipment in a good way. Good use of all of that. Your dad would want you to continue taking care of yourself! Let me know how he is doing.
magnoliamouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 11:58 PM   #133  

Hi Jaymi,

So sorry you weren't able to be with your dad, but he sounds like the kind of man who understands your a young family with limited resources. He knows you love him. My best to you all.

Yes, diabetes does suck. I started with gestational diabetes during my first pregnancy when I was 17. It went away when the baby was born and didn't surface again until I was in my 30's and my weight was up. It can be controlled with diet and exercise and the doc said if I lose enough I might be able to go off meds. I've been fighting that battle unsuccessfully for 10 yrs. but I'm still trying.

How's everyone else doing? Hey Maggie!

Well, just a quick stop in. It's late. ttyl
Old 05-18-2004, 10:36 AM   #134  

Hi everyone! My daughter eats all of my food!!! Eating breakfast a little late this morning. My dad is doing much better. Hopefully he will be put in a regular room today so that I can talk with him. I miss him, thanks all of you for caring!! Well, so far so good with everything. But really have you all ever really sat and thought about the fact that you have to burn 3500 calories to lose 1 pound. What If I want to lose 2? That's like exercising burning 1000 calories for 7 days!!! I hate to see trying to lose 3!!! 10500 calories!!!!!!!!! Man I dont even think that's possible!!!

Well Donna, glad to see I'm not the only "teen" mom around here. I had my son when I was 18. At least you've been fighting for 10 years!!! You're still going and you're not giving up...You can do it! Have you watched Denise Austin yet? How much more do you have to lose to get to your goal weight? Is Watp comparible to the treadmill? I wanna try it, but seems like walking in place won't have the same affect I know it's a little more than that...but what is your opinion? Treadmill or WATP?

Maggie- sorry to hear about your mom!! I just dont know what I'll do if I have to lose one more person I love. My grandparents are old, but I want them to live to break a record or something be 130 years old!!! I cant wait to move closer to my family, even if it's only temporary!

Well, sorry so short chickies, but I swear I've been messing around with this computer since 8:30. Dial up sucks!!!! It takes forever! Then it freezes up and I have to close it and start it again...GRRRR!! Gotta go do some Mommy stuff now. Maybe my daughter will watch Blues Clues for me to wash clothes? Doubt it!! Well hope everyone has a beautiful day!!!
Old 05-18-2004, 07:33 PM   #135  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hello everyone!!

First, Jayme, I sincerely hope that your Dad's surgery goes well. Of course you're concerned about him...but I'm sure he knows that you would be with him if you could.

About the calories thing...yes, you need to burn 3500 calories to lose a pound of fat - BUT - there's something called your "basal metabolic rate". That is the amount of calories you burn just to be alive each day. It differs for everyone, of course, but for me it's about 1800 calories. That means, if I ate exactly 1800 calories each day, I would stay the same weight. For me to lose, I would pare that down to say, 1500, to create a "deficit". So, take heart! it's not as horrible as it seems at first

congrats to everyone who is exercising, and losing!!! Donna, wow, your husband is...driven I wish mine had the "home improvement" bug

Donna, your exercise commitments are great! Now that I'm settled back here, I'm free and happy to talk exercise

Here's a link to some pics from our trip. For those who don't know me, I'm the one with the shorter brown hair, and the lady with the longer reddish hair is whom we met up with in Chesapeake, and she continued on with us.

http://www.hellscupcakes.com/mb-phot...%20photos.html

The pic of the ambulance is not us, thank goodness! An accident occured SECONDS before we came upon it; the vapor from the air bag was just dissipating as we approached. An elderly man fell asleep and went off the road. The airbag saved his life; however, the impact really hurt him; older folks have so much less elasticity in the skin, and it might have bruised his aorta. Anyway, my husband is a volunteer EMT, and if he comes upon an accident, he just goes and helps. He's a good guy

Even with not exercising for a week, I think I stayed the same weight...riding that bike for up to 500 miles a day does burn calories! I indulged in some yummy things, but everything in moderation. That's what I'm aiming for, for life. 'Cause this IS for life!

Have a great night!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote