Old 02-20-2017, 09:10 PM   #241  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

Feeling a lot better today. Had a huge problem with constipation, in that I rung the hospital yesterday and got some advice. Today the nurse rang to see how I was going. The new stuff plus the other stuff must have worked because I have just been for the third time today. Nurse said that if it wasn't working tomorrow I would have to go in and get sorted.
Then the University that is doing a study on exercise rung and I have been speaking to her for a while. I start that next week. Then the hospital rang back to see if I was okay. Not bad for a free service is that?

Susie - I think your DH did this to you once before did he not? Better to do your own then join him if you feel like doing it again. You are doing so well on the workouts and the eating it would be a shame to miss just because the times and food got muddled up.

Annie - Well done on the weight loss. You'll be acing this challenge soon. So nice that you met up with your SIL and you were both able to talk about Michael. Healing thoughts.

Laura - get well soon. Just as the worst of the winter passes you get a cold or flu. We are currently enjoying some cooler temperatures which is very nice.

Happy - Chemo finishes - last one - on 20th April. Just in time to ruin my birthday. I have learned a lot with this one. I'm hoping I don't have to go through the pitfalls - or at least I will know enough to avoid the worst. I will start prepping well before the due dates. Next one is the 10th March. I had been hoping to go to Adelaide but I now start the study trial on 2nd March so that won't give me too many days before the 10th and DS1's birthday is 6th March.
Shame about the chili competition. Still you know for next time. Don't like the 'dump it all in one pan' business. Doesn't sound too great to me.
Hope the hair is still okay for you. Sounded interesting. Don't know if or when mine will fall out. Some do, some don't. I'll just wait and see.

Ceejay - sorry to hear you are a bit depressed. Are you spending too much time alone? Do you need to join an over 60's group or something. Hope it clears up soon.

So I had better go find some lunch now. Soup and sandwich sound pretty good. ODDU is sleeping in the bathroom, but at the sound of the fridge door opening he will appear with a big smile on his face. He loves food.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 07:40 AM   #242  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning, Gooood Mooo orrrr nnnning. Singing that for you.

Let's see...hmmm. Nothing really on the home front. Dinner was pork chops<--dipped in egg then in a parmesan cheese/pork rind breading, OMGosh, once again, KETO recipe did not let me down. All the family went on and on about it. Also served bacon wrapped asparagas. C and kids had mac n cheese too. We watched a couple more episodes of Longmire. It is getting really good right now.

SHADDIE...you sound a bit more perky today. Of course when you are full of poo it tends to bring you down. For me, it gives me a tremendous headache when I cannot go poo. Funny how ODDU can hear the fridge door open and amazing how they can hear the tiniest little wrapper paper sound too. Keep doing what you are supposed to do and just because you might have a really good feel good day, don't go over doing it. No vacuuming. Hugs

SUSIE...I agree with SHAD. Do what you have to do for you. Don't forego anything waiting on him. He may not show up. Stand your ground girl.

Hello to eveyone.

Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 09:18 AM   #243  
Annie - Indiana

LAURA...feel better my friend.

Dogs cannot run an MRI but CATSCAN!
Old 02-21-2017, 10:07 AM   #244  

Morning all.

Happy – Did anyone buy DH’s picture for the art show? I think he takes fantastic pictures! == I’m glad you got the good repair guy last week. Good for you filing a complaint re the jerky one. Someone needs to know!! == The flooring sounds like a good choice for an area that might experience dampness, flood, etc. But fingers nothing like that will happen now that you took care of that seepage issue. -- I’m so sorry you’re having issues with the 3-season room. It just seems like there’s no confidence in someone doing a good job these days – you have to look over their shoulder and even then, when it’s not right, you have to gird for battle with them. == Re my asthma – now I’m not sure if it was the problem. Now I’m thinking it was the beginning of what is now the flu or a cold or other bug of some sort. == Re those emergency call buttons – strange that your mom has that fear of collapsing, but doesn’t want that thing?! My mom has two of them that’s part of her monthly fee at her community. My sister told her to keep one in the bathroom, but mom wasn’t wearing one around her neck in the event something happened when she wasn’t in the bathroom. Duh. We were over there on Sunday and we had her put one around her neck right then and there. She might be weighed down by all the stuff she’s wearing on her neck – glasses, keys, emergency alert thingy… === Re the chili cookoff – too bad they weren’t clear on the instructions. My mom and dad participated in one of those and she was surprised (and disgusted) when they dumped all the different chilis into a big pot.

Susie – Congrats on another great weight loss!! == Good for you with the jogging, though be careful with it because don’t you have a knee issue?? I’m not a fan of running at all, but I kind of thought it would be cool to be able to run a mile without stopping. But nope, not gonna give the asthma a reason to flare up. == It looks like you and dh just need to do your own thing re the workouts. At this time, the workout buddy thing isn’t working for him…

Annie – Fantastic loss! YGG! Does this keto plan include counting calories, or just the protein/carbs/fat? == LOL re C not keeping up with the plots of Longmire. Good he screwed the shed panels in this time around. Why keep doing the same thing and getting the same result??=== LOL, too soon for a reunion/visit with the old boss. == Re the Friday meeting – I participated via phone, not in person, so all was good to be at home and be able to get right out after it ended. == Very interesting using crumbled pork rinds for “breading”. Bf loves pork rinds! == Heehee, loved the joke.

Shad – I’m glad you’ve had relief from the constipation. And nice that the medical people are following up. I’ve had to follow up with a couple of mine lately to make sure they’re doing what needs to be done. Pathetic. == Well, health comes first, so I guess you can just be blessed and grateful on your birthday that you are indeed celebrating another one!!!

Hi Ceejay!
==
I called in sick today. Running a fever, but chills and muscle aches have lessened. Congestion and coughing continue and I just feel yucky overall. Yes, I had a flu shot last fall. Huh. Fat lot of good it’s done for me.

Oh, and I went in for the extra mammo and ultrasound and now I have to have a biopsy. They suspect a cyst or fibroadenoma, both non-cancerous. Just need to be sure. That’s scheduled for next Friday.

After the mammo, I went to the eye doc and ordered the glasses with one of the frames he had on display. But he called later and said it hasn't been 2 years yet since ordering my previous frames. Sigh. Order is on hold 'til May - insurance thing. The frames aren't all that expensive, but I need all the help I can get because the lenses will be very expensive.

Kind of in self-pity mode at the moment, but I will get past that. I’ve got a yucky taste in my mouth from the chamomile tea I’m drinking. Gonna dump that and just stick with water. Eat something and think about taking some kind of med, dunno what.

TTFN.

Last edited by Laura705; 02-21-2017 at 10:08 AM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 12:23 PM   #245  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning chicks,

Happy, healthy, grateful and blessed checking in today.

It's supposed to get up to 57 degrees with the sun popping out. Too bad I will be stuck in the thrift shop during that time. We got a ton of rain yesterday. The ground is still frozen so that washed away what snow they needed for the ski race but on hard surfaces like our driveway it means we now have substantial water on top of packed down ice. VERY SLIPPERY. So slippery DH did not venture out to feed the deer yesterday which is highly unusual. I feel sorry for the deer also - these icy conditions are not good for their spindly little legs either. We have seen deer over the years slip on the ice and it breaks my heart when I see one come through the yard that fatally injured it's leg. There is nothing you can do when they get injured like that other than to end their suffering permanently. Deer when confined build up intense levels of lactic acid in their bodies from the stress which kills them. Painfully. So you have to let nature take it's course.

Felt good to drive yesterday. I went to Tai Chi - the further we get along and learn new moves, the more disoriented I (and many others) get. But admittedly, I am not practicing like I need to. I just have to make a POINT to remember to practice at least once a day extra. Need to build muscle memory. After Tai Chi I went to the store and stocked up on fresh produce and a bit of meat for a quick meal. As much as I like meat and vegetables, I am having difficulty with this low carb thing. I finished the chili with DH for supper last night - the little bit of beans I put in there as a filler bumped up the carb numbers. I was shocked to see carbs in the grape tomatoes I ate but those were only 3 net carbs after the fiber was subtracted. Still trying to dull my taste for some sweetness in my coffee. Yesterday I put a tsp of cream and used some toasted coconut flavored almond milk which was not bad. I can get used to bumping down the sugar but I have to have creamy coffee - not the thin stuff like you get with low fat creamer or using low fat milk, hence the 1 spoon of regular cream. Tonight is baked chicken with cauliflower (for me) and a salad. Please keep posting your meals Anne - it helps me with ideas. After the grocery store I headed over to the shelter for a bit. I didn't buy anything that wouldn't keep for an hour in the car trunk). The shelter was a zoo. It's like that. There are 18 dogs coming from a rescue operation so they were prepping for that. The phone was ringing off the hook. A few people came in to check out animals. It was a real hullaballoo in there. They need someone to volunteer man the reception desk on Wednesday and Saturdays (their busiest day). I was overwhelmed at the amount of information that one needs to know - a very intense 4 hour shift indeed. Pam who has been there for 17 years said I could do this - she said you have to have the ability to orchestrate all sorts of balls in the air and you pretty much run defense for the shelter workers as a buffer between them and the public. You relay the information. I don't want to give up my Saturdays over the summer. You work 11 to 3pm which tears up the day. Trying to get a friend to co-volunteer with me so we'd only have to work alternating Saturdays. She is the kind who is hard to get to commit though... Came home, did a couple of loads of laundry. Washer is behaving like brand new. Called my sister who had some cooking questions and then finished the night with a call with Mom who is making my sister insane. Mom has 90 year old teeth which are cracking due to age. She is INSISTENT that she needs to get her remaining teeth pulled because of the cracking. She refuses to get it in her head that 1) there is no sound reason to get her teeth taken out 2) she is a slow healer and answers you in a snotty way that she will just eat baby food for a year when she can't chew anything 3) she is a MAJOR healthy risk with congestive heart failure, her age and a most incredibly complicated oral surgery because the roots of her teeth are interlocked in her jaw so removing one tooth is like a zipper pulling all the rest out. She just wants to do this to get some attention for herself. And she is making my sister crazy because she insists she needs this surgery which she has not scheduled with anyone but she's going to take herself off her blood thinner medication in preparation for this. ON.HER.OWN. I guess she wants to have a stroke. And it's only getting WORSE. I was fighting with her about the cable company yesterday. She had Comcast for 20 years. Towards the end had nothing but problems with them. They contract out their technicians and many a time she said she was very uncomfortable with the seedy guys who came to the house, cased the house and didn't fix anything. There were also reports of robberies and attacks on old people and such. So my sister convinced her to change to AT&T for cable and phone service. Of course they gave her a good deal as they often do for new customers. That one honeymoon year is up and they raised her rate $15 a month. Still not bad for phone AND cable TV. But she's all up in arms and going to complain. They aren't going to change anything Mom. Then I'm going back to Comcast!!! Why so you can get spotty erratic service and have creepy service techs come to your house again? Is that what you want??? Well it would be cheaper she said. Oh go for it Mom.

The guy emailed DH back about the 3 season room - something must have shifted? Duh - do you think so? Actually they did not put the cement pylons in properly and the frost pushed them up which raised the building. DH tried to tell them this when they were installing them but they didn't listen to him. He told them because the contractors that did our deck were also installing pylons and were pointing out why the other stuff would not work. And indeed it DIDN'T. I asked DH if the NuStep was coming today like he said it was and he said he might have been off a bit - it's coming next week.

Laura - sorry to hear that you are feeling poorly. Think it's got to do with the crazy weather you are having? This is far too warm for this time of year. A lot of people are talking about 24 hour sniffles and such - like colds are trying to take hold. I never thought about it but you are right - Mom can get weighed down by all those things she needs to travel with - glasses, keys, etc. That's why it's nice to have one of those rollators. It has a nice small compartment in the seat where you can stow all that stuff! Bummer on waiting on the glass frames. I find that the frames are relatively cheap around $100 - it's the darn lenses that cost 4 to 5 times as much. Have you taken anything for your cold that might have given you the yukky taste in your mouth? I kind of shy away from cold medicine for that reason. Hope you feel better. And that things will be ok with the cyst they found. That's unsettling.

Anne - I looked up pork rinds and that's crackling. I got some of that when I rendered lard from the pork fat I bought from the farm. The stuff is surprisingly not so bad on the healthy meter. That's interesting using it as an alternative to breading for the crunch factor. Thanks for sharing that. Do you bake the bacon asparagus? Spring is coming - all those wonderful spring veggies are soon to appear. Yum. Glad you had a good visit with your SIL and that she is finding it within her to continue on with life. I know it must be hard. Good that you can lean on each other. To your question about the shelter software - it should / will be up to me to understand it the best and show other people how to use it for what they need it to do. I need to be more involved with it - keeps my brain active, I just need to control my enthusiasm because they often don't have the time or interest to use it as well as it can be and I need to accept that which can be frustrating at times. I think your family loves your cooking because you a a GOOD cook You always serve nice, balanced meals. Don't know how you work and get a good supper on the table in a timely manner.

Speaking of which Susie - you sound like me and DH. He is regimented like you, likes to keep a routine and I am more like your DH - sort of free flowing. BUT it is far better to follow your method - especially with eating and exercising. I don't like to exercise after I have eaten and I agree that I'd be really upset if I was eating dinner at 8pm - if we haven't eating by 6:30, might as well skip it. So he has got to accept and work with your plan if he wants to participate with you. If not, don't let him get you off track because you are doing so well right now and doing the right things for you. Sometimes people like your DH and me just need to be "led around"

Shad - sounds like the chemo is having it's way with you. Enough to distrupt things. That is unfortunate with the med induced constipation - bad enough with all the chemicals floating around in there - much less the heavy feeling of the plumbing being stuck. I hope they can remedy that. Mangos won't help any??? That's crummy that it's going to ruin your birthday. I suppose after round one, you can be more prepared for the next treatments but still. I guess you need to focus on this will be over in a few weeks. Temporary set back and you can set to getting back to normal again. AND it will probably be cooler so you will have better weather to be ambitious and put in the fall garden and such. Are you still going to look for work or are you going to cut back more. The travelling has got to be hard on you. I hope you don't lose your hair - too hot to wear a wig where you are. Still sending you good healing thoughts

Hi Ceejay

I have just enough time for a quick salad and shower before I am off for the day. DH is happy - I can drive so he has a lovely day for himself. I think he's taking a drive to go get the rest of the lights for the decking. THere are some nice picturesque spots on the way to that town and it's a great day for a drive.

Have a good Tuesday everyone.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 01:25 PM   #246  
Annie - Indiana

Yes HAPPY the asparagas and bacon are baked. You bake them for 20 mins on 400 then broil for 5 or so minutes to brown up the bacon. Today our high is 68. By Friday 71. Then 40s on the weekend. Back up to 50 on Monday, of course when we go back to work it gets warmer.
Old 02-22-2017, 07:32 AM   #247  
Annie - Indiana

Last out, first in....HAPPY HEALTHY GRATEFUL BLESSED!!

Fill the gap with grace. Example....when someone cuts you off in traffic, bless them and try to think they are on the way to the hospital for an ailing momma. Now why do I mention filling the gap with grace? This morning in the parking garage a lady was going way too fast around the corners and up the ramps. Came within inches of hitting me. And so when you don't know what to say, just say Jesus. SOoooooooooo I said and she heard me, Jesus. I am sure that is not the context I am supposed to be using Jesus's name. Pretty sure she was NOT on her way to the hospital. Bless her soul.

For some reason I was beat last night, could hardly keep going. KETO flu? Maybe. It is one of the side effects. Last night was Keto stuffed green peppers, no rice in them. I did make broccoli cheddar rice for the rest of the fam. The peppers were awesome! So yummy, I made an extra one and told the fam paws off as it is for my lunch tomorrow. Can hardly wait for lunch. Drinking my bullet proof coffee now to get some energy.

Sam had cleaned house and was putting the kitchen back together when I got home. It look marvelous. I am enjoying this part of them living with me. She also cleaned and rearranged the toy room and got a bookoo of stuff for the AmVets pick up today. Much better in that room. The house smelled like cleaning stuff and bleach. I LOVE that smell. Someone should make a candle of that smell. lol.

HAPPY...do NOT volunteer to answer the phones. Girl you are in too deep now and don't have enough "down" time for you. You need to schedule some YOU time and stick to it. Just sayin' Enter MELLIE's rolling pin.

LAURA...Oh for Pete's sake I hope you get to feeling better. No calorie counting. I do try to watch that tho. Too much of anything can stall us out on WL. Mostly count net carbs. I am not a stickler. I really don't track, YET. May have to if I ever get a stall. The crumbled pork rinds are a wonderful breading. Can't tell they are pork rinds. My DH and DD don't like to eat them out of the bag at all but love them in the recipes. I am not a fan of the plain pork rinds but kinda like the BBQ rinds.

Hello to all.

Hugs.
Old 02-22-2017, 12:40 PM   #248  

Morning all.

Happy – Gosh, you’re having warm weather and rain, not sure how they plan to have a big ski race this weekend. I hope it all works out, for the sake of revenue generation in your town. == Oh boy, now you’re taking on shifts at the shelter! I sure hope you opt out of the thrift shop work if you’re going to do that. And that Saturday shift falling smack dab in the middle of the day... I guess Saturdays are different when you’re retired. Hope you don’t commit to it until/unless you get someone to share the duties. = So sorry to hear that your mom is driving you and your sister nuts. You both must feel so helpless when she’s making these irrational decisions, and it’s scary that she’s intending to go off her medication. Prayers to the three of you! == As for my mom, she currently doesn’t use a cane or walker or any other device to assist her with mobility, so for carrying around all her “stuff” around, she downsized to a small fanny-pack many years ago, but the problem is that not everything fits in there! And that means stuff sometimes gets left behind. So I kind of feel better that she carries some of her important stuff around her neck. Especially the emergency call button that she should really be wearing all the time.

Annie – I’m glad you didn’t get run down by the lady in the parking lot! She might have two strikes against her at work and being late might have been strike 3 for her. But still not a reason to put other’s lives in danger! == Nice you’re losing without tracking (can be sooo tedious!), but if you keep your portions reasonable, I guess you may not need to. Yum, stuffed peppers. Wishing you a good WL week!

Hellos to the rest of you.

==

Back to work today with my backpack heavy with my laptop, mouse, and some files. Bleh. Had a meeting first thing that went alright. This afternoon is a meeting with the boss that I thought was to discuss our 2016 annual increase and incentive payment, but I noticed the invitation says 2017 goals. I submitted those two weeks ago and haven’t heard anything. Not thrilled to have to discuss them today when I’m not feeling my best (and could care less about them), but I’ll muddle through. I’ll have to review them again before the meeting to refresh my memory.

I took Nyquil last night and I slept soundly. Unfortunately, I still feel sort of sluggish from it. And it doesn’t help that I also didn’t eat enough yesterday – I’m sure that’s contributing to the sluggishness.

Nothing else to report, so I’ll stop typing and get this posted.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 12:49 PM   #249  
Choose your hard

Good morning kids,

Happy, Healthy, Blessed and Grateful on this fine stormy day.

We are under a winter storm watch for tomorrow. Potential of 8 to 12 inches of snow. Or maybe 2 or 3. They can't decide. The town is going bonkers regarding the big ski race starting tomorrow. Since they don't know for sure IF it's going to snow - they are making a bunch of contingency plans which seem to change every few hours. I would not want to be in their shoes. What a headache.

Today is still warm but rain is moving in so it's actually feeling much more chilly and cold than it should be feeling. I will drive to yoga today but that's it for me driving for a while again I think. It was very nice to be on non icy pavement again.

DH and I have been joking about "gotta take care of my man / woman" lately. I bought him some treats at the store and said "gotta take care of my man.." and it just found a life of it's own. He went to the store when I was at the shop yesterday and bought one of those over the counter TENS units with the IcyHot medication in them for my sore knees. Said "I gotta take care of my woman..." which made me giggle. I tried it last night after the hot tub on my new knee which doesn't seem as sore as the arthritic one today but that's hard to pinpoint a reason. It is new so the sticky stuff on the back of the pad is REALLY strong stuff. For some reason it was very irritating to get off on the side of my knee that is still partially numb from the surgery. Why would it be painful if the skin is still numb? I don't know but it was. Enough so that I would not be wanting to go rip it off again too soon. It was a nice thought on his part - I will try the other part tonight when I am watching TV.

Anne you are right that I don't need to volunteer at the shelter too. We recently decided to put a $10 minimum sale on credit card transactions at the shop in order to try and reduce our costs. To use a credit or debit card for a 3 dollar sale - we might as well just hand the person the stuff for free. So it was approved, I made signs all over the store and for a week heard nothing. Yesterday I was looking in a book we have for sharing news and comments and the Monday ladies were complaining they lost a "good" sale because it was less than $10. Another customer complained LOUDLY that we always took cards before so they took her credit card for a $4.22 sale. I responded back in the book that we were trying to cut unnecessary costs so we had more money for the animals and this was a story policy and not up to each individual to decide to ignore or follow the rules. So this morning I got a call from one of the other volunteers who was confused. Can we accept less than a $10 sale??? OMG. What's so hard about if it's less than $10 we want cash or check???? The thing is that so many people have no cash any more. I really don't understand that. I always have some cash on me. DH often leaves the house with no money - I told him what would you do if you got stuck somewhere? Case in point, the man he helped last week who got his car stuck in the side road. The guy who came to help pull him out - he would not have taken a debit card So I called the store manager and he doesn't feel we should refuse a sale for any reason. I said well if no one will follow the policy, then there's no reason to have any policy at all. Finally I told myself to shut up, said I would go along with whatever he decided and just reminded myself that this is why I need to back off of this organization. It's not that I NEED to be right as much as the principle of why we are doing things. Less money to take care of the animals. Not my problem any more. I'm going to change my name to Whatever

I was planning on chicken last night but it was a fairly mild night so I asked DH if he wanted to grill instead. He said ok so I pulled out some steaks I had - his choice - steak or chicken. Steaks cooked faster. We went down the road to vote in a primary to ensure that Ms. DeVos does not ruin our school system - the incumbent (an educator by trade and degree) is trying hard to maintain a certain quality that needs to be preserved. Came back and DH made the steaks while I cooked up some broccoli lightly sauteed with garlic olive oil and some salt, pepper and parmesan cheese. DH had mashed potatoes and I sliced up some tomatoes with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar on it. A really tasty dinner if I must say so. Will do the chicken tonight - can't decide on baked, tacos or cacciatore - something to ponder while I am lying on the floor doing yoga this afternoon.

Anne - how nice that Sam is pulling her weight and helping by deep cleaning things. It's such a pleasant thing when stuff is tidy and put away and the place smells fresh like soap and cleaning products. Maybe not so much bleach but the floor stuff smells good. I use a homemade cleaner from a recipe my sister gave me that uses orange scented essential oil and it always smells fresh and clean. I smiled at your use of Jesus. That's the phrase of surprise that often rolls off my lips. I try to tell myself that I'm saying Jeezusssss or Geez. A bad habit but better than using the F bomb. When I would get stuck behind some pokey person driving I would try and think that maybe them slowing me down saved me from an accident or something. More often than not, we get the aggravating tailgaters, speeders, people not paying attention (often old folks who should not be driving) or the h*llcats who are bent on killing someone by going too fast for conditions. I have a hard time not shouting at them, but I will try and take your lead. I guess I'm going to have to pick me up some pork rinds. I wonder if you mix them with a bit of parmesan cheese and salt and pepper they might be more flavorful in breading???

Hope you are feeling better today Laura.

I guess I'll go make a small low carb wrap for lunch before I head out to yoga.

Later chicks.
Old 02-22-2017, 12:56 PM   #250  
Choose your hard

There you are Laura - we are typing over each other again. Ugh - I feel the trudge of slugging back to work feeling weighed down like a pack horse. The thing with Nyquil/Zquill or the PM types of pain relievers is that while they do knock you out, they also make you fuzzy headed for a long time. Well beyond the initial morning coffee. You almost have to allocate 10 hours for sleep and slow to wake time. This is why my Mom's doctor was giving her a very hard time when my Dr. Mom was self medicating and taking a mild tranquilizer because she can't sleep through the night. Something she refuses to accept will not happen anymore because of her age. But he said the morning fogginess can't really increase the chances of her stumbling and breaking something which would be devastating. I hope your nose is at least not so stuffy today. Blech on talking about goals. I always hated that as it's such a smoke and mirrors kind of thing. Especially when you've gotten to a certain point in your career where your path is pretty set. I hope you can fake your way through the conversation and be enthusiastic about it
Old 02-22-2017, 01:27 PM   #251  
Annie - Indiana

HAPPY...YES, yes, yes, add parmesan to the crunched up pork rinds for breading. That is what I breaded my pork chops with the other night. Yummy! A lot of restaurants will only do sales on CC if the amount is more than 10 bucks. Makes sense to me. I have resolve for your volunteer work. The Library. Everyone has to be quiet. No back talk from the other volunteers. If you feel a need to gab, get a CB radio. bahahahah!!
Old 02-22-2017, 10:05 PM   #252  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Afternoon all,

Almost feeling back to normal. Still have the odd digestive problem - indigestion, flatulence - but not anywhere near the fifth day after chemo. I shall survive this after all but I'd love to have a good nights solid sleep.

Other than that, not much happening here. My get up and go seems to have got up and went apart from small bursts of activity. This morning I processed four huge mangoes and they are ready to go in the freezer. I have four more to do. Some will become a mango chutney and others will be frozen or pulped. That's tomorrows job. I had to clean down all the benches and wash the floor and no doubt will have to do it again tomorrow when I process the others.

Eating seems to have returned to normal and I am drinking plenty of juices and water. Seem to have gone off coffee, although I did have one this morning. Yesterday I had lunch with the niece and niecelette. The niecelette loves being in my garden and yesterday I asked her to water the pots. Such a tiny little thing - off she went and watered everything including her mother, the dog and his pool, the car (fortunately the windows were up), herself and anywhere else she could aim the hose nozzle. The ODDU loved it. Someone on eye level with him. And he loves the water. Photo attached.

Can't think of much else at the moment. I'll be back with personals after the bathroom and loo are cleaned and tidied.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Elena and Ruger (2).jpg (38.9 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by Shad; 02-22-2017 at 10:09 PM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 11:09 PM   #253  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Hello to all.
Going to try again. Not much going on here but cleaning.

Annie
So glad the other person didn't hit your car. And that Sam is well enough to help with the cleaning again.

Happy
I agree with the others don't take on any more shifts. You are not getting enough down time. Don't mention snow please. Things here are blooming.

Shad
Keep pacing yourself and resting .

Laura
I had some allergy symptoms that were as bad as a sinus infection. I felt terrible last week. Hope you are feeling better.

Susie
Hi

Last edited by ceejay52; 02-22-2017 at 11:11 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 11:10 PM   #254  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Yeah it posted.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 06:58 AM   #255  
Annie - Indiana

Good Morning, Good Morning....need my mantra today more than ever! HAPPY, HEALTHY, GRATEFUL and BLESSED.

I am laughing at life right now. Yeppers! So C calls me yesterday, remind me not to answer phone calls from him on Wednesday's. Seems to be the day the box truck pukes. Uh, the truck doesn't seem to want to start, sluggish. Plus he hears a bit of a squeeching sound. OMGosh. How much money do we have? I have to take it in. Like zero $$ man. But ok. Turns out it was only the battery. Guess what. This box truck takes 2 batteries. One normal one and one "special order" expensive one for this Isuzu truck, don't buy Isuzu's. Got it from Interstate directly but had to wait 4 hours on delivery. Total cost on truck this week? $350.00. Not too bad I told C might as well not call me next week, I am not answering the phone.

BRB