Old 02-15-2017, 09:46 PM   #211  

Height: 5'7"

I have been reading and meaning to post but my mind is so tired when I get home from work. While the boss has been in Asia this week I have been trying to get a lot of things that I mean to get to but get put on the back burnner.

DH and I had a nice Valentines Day. We kept it simple, cards and dinner at The Big Boy.

Anne, congrats on the new way of eating and seeing results with a smaller tummy!

More reports to do..oh well, that is what happens when you do good work.

Shad: I am glad to hear you won't have to have as many chemo treatments. 5 hrs is a long time so yes, you will need something to read for sure.

I hope the treatments wont be to hard on you. Plan on it taking about 2 to 3 days to start feeling like you have energy again after a treatment and dont push yourself to hard. I remember my sister-in-law dealing with that with her breast cancer chemo.

Laura, I am glad to hear you are seeing improvement with the foot.

I saw you have logged in to MFP for a month now. Good job!

Ceejay: sorry you are feeling down. Hopefully you will have some sunny days soon. Also, I think working out can help with feeling down too.

Happy: you wear me out! You have so much going on. I dont know how you do it all. But I do beleive being busy is a good thing. Sitting around to much is not good.

It sounds like you and DH had a very nice Valentines day.

Tomorrow is TOPS for me. My food has been good and my exercise is still happening. I dont think it will be as big a loss as last week but there should be a loss.

Annie, you asked how much I havr lost. I think my TOPS count is 27 lbs as of last week.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 05:52 AM   #212  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Chemo no1 done and dusted. Not too bad but very long. Wonder how I will wake up in the morning.

Now for bed. I'll be back in the morning.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 08:14 AM   #213  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

HAPPY HEALTHY GRATEFUL BLESSED, I am, I am.

Came into work with yet another weekly report to do, no instructions or definition to all they need. Here we go trial and error and hate emails. lol. Go ahead bring it. WE can do this, yes WE cause I am taking you all with me on this adventure. You know it.

Last night was BLCEs-bacon, lettuce cheese and eggs with mayo. Me on a lettuce wrap and the rest of the clan on bread. All KETO plan and maybe 1 net carb. I made two and brought one for lunch today. Yeah me!

After work today I am taking my car for it's 15000 mile oil change check up. My friend from Humana, Jan (the one that lived with me for a short period), is meeting me there and we are going for coffee. So much to catch up on. Then she will take me back to pick up my car. Oh boy, since that is on the north side of Indy, I will be dealing with I465 traffic at 5 pm.

SUSIE...good luck at TOPS tonight. I know you will do great. 27 lbs down. Remarkable. All since the first of the year? Or when? More reports to do when you do good work, or there is no one else to do them? lol.

SHADDIE...one down, 3 to go. How are you feeling today/night? Michael didn't feel it til about Friday evening or Saturday morning, his chemo was on Monday,s also.

LAURA...awww pitbull puppies are so cute. Glad the party went well. Boss out of the office is an in-house vacation.

CEEG...You sure are movin' and groovin' lady. Maybe this nice warm sunny weather coming our way will perk you up. Are you taking vitamin D?

HAPPY...was was decided on DHs wrist/hand issue at the doc? Any help? Did the landscape project come in at or under budget? Your valentine's day dinner sounded most yummy.

Hello to all you lerkers.

Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 10:00 AM   #214  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning all,

About to hop in the shower and take off to my hair appointment. Was trying to grow it out but it's a disaster. I am too old for long hair anymore. The landscaping came in UNDER what either DH or I thought. So we signed a contract yesterday. Installation around mid June we think unless the weather warms up sooner. We're going to get socked with spring snows - at least once. We all know that. Yoga was good, it was tough but I powered through it. We have less people showing up at Tai Chi and yoga - don't know if they are travelling or what. I wish I could be down in Chicago or Indianapolis this weekend enjoying 65 degree temperatures. We will rejoice that it will be near 50. I might stop at the farmers market at the hospital. She has greens and vegetables but she's kinda pricy - even for me.

I guess I will decide on flooring when I get back from the hair dresser. Run a load or two of laundry and then off to bingo for the evening. Tomorrow I fight with the washer repair guy again and there is something else I have to do that I can't remember at the moment. It's good to be busy, otherwise I'd blow the day away on the computer!

Anne - good luck with the new report. If they give you no direction, then you try and steer them to what's easiest for you Everything with DH was inconclusive - thanks for asking. He's going for an MRI next week - they are going to compare it to one from 4 years ago to see if neck disc degeneration is perhaps causing him the pain. It's looking like it's the neck now that they ruled out nerve and hand issues. I hope the traffic is not too horrible for you tonight. Good thinking on adding eggs to the BLT - more filling protein. You are fitting naturally into this new way of eating. I need you to poke me with the cattle prod.

Shad - one down. Give a few days to see how it affects you. Sending good vibes to you

Susie- 27 pounds is definitely noticeable and you should be proud. I would think that's really motivating to stay on course also. Are you checking out new spring shoes as a reward? I love the spring ones with flowers and such.

Ceejay - you should check out those blue light lamps they have for S.A.D. I'm sure you will feel much perkier when the sun decides to come out again. Gray days do have an effect.

Laura - I hope you can reschedule the meeting. Blech. Good going on splitting the entree. They sure give you a lot of food at Mexican restaurants. And.. there's that filling up on chips and salsa ahead of time too. I am sooooo envious of your weather this weekend. I hope you can get out and enjoy it a bit.

I gotta hop in the shower quickly so ta ta for now. Have a good one folks.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 11:17 AM   #215  
Annie - Indiana

HAPPY...I won't tell you that this next Wednesday's high is supposed to be 71.
Old 02-16-2017, 01:29 PM   #216  

Height: 5'7"

Checking in early today. From the scales this morning I believe I will have a 1.5 to 2 lb loss tonight at TOPS. When I started this new way of eating and living for me the day after Christmas I told myself that any loss I had for the week was ok with me.

I am working from home today. I really like doing this one day a week. I have my workout done. I have been exercising now 6 days a week for an hour. I sometimes do all treadmill or a combo of the bike and the treadmill.

Today I did 60 min on the treadmill and went 5.2 miles. I was feeling good and walking at a pace of 5.8 mph for the last 10 min (i start about 4.3 pace and I keep bumping it up when I feel like my body is telling me to move faster) So, I decided for that in the last 10 min I would jog for 2 min, rest and then jog another 2 min to see if I could do it....and I did!

Annie: I agree with Happy about the report. As what they are looking for in the report and then you define the way to get it there and what the report will look like. Have you worked in Excel a lot? I used to but I fear I have forgotten a lot of things. I can still do a simple spreadsheet though. I know I forgot how to do pivot tables....because I hated them! lol

I hope your commute home after the oil change and time with your friend won't be to much of a headache. I know what you are saying about traffic. There are narrow windows when we can hit the highway after work and avoid the slowdown and the accidents.

Happy: How nice the the landscaping was under budget. Something to look forward to in June for sure. It will be very nice this weekend in Ohio too. I wish we could send some of the weather to you and next weeks as well..we are looking at high 60's into 70.

I have been looking through the catalogs for new sandals and such. You know me well!

What did you get done with your hair?

Shad: for making it through the 1st chemo. I hope you aren't feeling too badly. What did you do with yourself for that 5 hours?

Laura: Did you end up working from home today? I missed that your boss was Out of Office. It is like a vacation when they aren't there!

Ceejay: Did you make it to the gym today?

I best get back to work. I'll see you all tomorrow.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 01:59 PM   #217  

Morning all.

Shad – How do you feel after your first chemo session? Hope you feel good and stay feeling good. == FYI, a German Shepherd dog named Rumor won Best in Show at the Westminster Kennel Club dog show in NY a couple days ago. First time in 20 years a GSD has won it. Such a great breed.

Susie – I hope you have another good weigh-in at TOPS tonight. You’re working it well (great job with the exercise!), so you will. 27 pounds lost is awesome!! == I ended up not working from home today. I have to say there are some inconveniences to it that I need to adjust to – taking the right files back and forth along with the laptop and mouse. I have access to most of what I need via the laptop, but I do keep paper desk files on projects with marked up documents/handwritten notes, etc., and I do like to have those at hand for my reference.

Annie – Re the report responses - yeh, BRING IT! I know you can handle it girl, you’ve done it before. I agree with Happy & Susie – create it the easiest way you can working as best you can with the vague criteria they gave you. == Gonna have to start jotting down what your dinners are cuz they sound tasty – bacon, lettuce, cheese, eggs – it’s all good. == Enjoy catching up with your friend J. I hope the trip home afterward isn’t too bad. In Chicago, traffic is bad pretty much all the time.

Happy (aka Mrs. Busy) – Hope the bingo goes well tonight. == How long is your hair with this latest cut, now that you’ve decided long hair is no longer for you? == Great that the landscape quote is lower than you and dh thought! How often does that happen???!! == I'll definitely get out to enjoy some of the nice temps that are forecast for this weekend.

Hi Ceejay – Looks like your area is also getting the mild temps over the next several days. Hope that perks you up some!

==

Nothing much to report. I’m in the office today. For tomorrow, we still have the 3 pm meeting set, but it’s very unlikely it'll go for the scheduled 2 hours. I’m going to work from home and call into the meeting from there. That way I can still take advantage of our office’s pre-holiday 3 pm closing time after it's over.

That’s about it for me. Have a great rest of the day everyone.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 02:49 PM   #218  
Choose your hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie175 View Post
HAPPY...I won't tell you that this next Wednesday's high is supposed to be 71.
good golly Miss Molly - you're KILLING ME HERE!!!!!

It's turned damp and cold (as compared to our typical dry and cold which doesn't feel that cold). This time of year we feel the chill more and the snow goes from light powdery broom sweeping stuff to the heavy wet stuff. Ugh.

71 ... ah I can only dream what that feels like. AND the fresh spring air.
Old 02-16-2017, 06:11 PM   #219  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Woke up this morning - which is a blessing in itself. The kids are on rostered days off and so will be doing things on their house today probably. They still have a couple of permissions to get yet before the granny flat is started, but once done, it shouldn't take long to put together. At least the instructions (if there are any) will be in English or Australian rather since it was manufactured here.

Chemo went okay. Very long. Today I am feeling somewhat woozy. A bit light headed, but I guess I didn't eat much yesterday and that will not help. I've had toast with tomato and cheese and a black cherry yoghurt this morning so that should get rid of the lightheadedness. I need to make sure I eat properly today. Won't be doing too much for too long anyway. Maybe a laundry load, some clearing up on the patio and some vacuuming and that will be interspersed with resting and relaxation.

Annie - hope you can interpret the report requirements okay. Can't do much without adequate instructions. As for the chemo I feel okay. Nothing adverse as yet, but then the amount of drugs they pump into you to stop you from feeling sick is amazing. 2 Bags of the anti-nausea stuff, then the mix of chemicals - which apparently don't play nicely together so they add a bag of saline to keep everything in the neutral range. My head is reeling with instructions. Much of which I will probably ignore or forget. Keep having to read the labels so I don't get them mixed up. Speaking of which (press pause) I better go take this mornings lot now that I have had brekkie. There that is done, don't jump up and down or I might rattle.
Your new woe sounds quite good, although I couldn't do without fruit. I'm a fruit bat.
Hope you enjoyed the coffee with the ex co-worker.

Happy - I quite get the 'over the long hair due to age'. Better let us have a look at it when done. I'll try a selfie sometime later today when mine is washed and dried. I tried growing mine but it ended up being much too curly for the sleek bob I was looking for. It got too hard with all the maintenance I had to do with it. So I went to the hairdresser on Wednesday and got it all chopped off. I know it will probably fall out with chemo but short swatches are better than long ones all over the place. It is quite grey now too. I'll just let it be until it grows back in and then decide what to do with it again.
Be a bit careful with the quote you got. I always thought a quote meant that that would be the final price. Not over here it doesn't. You need a contingency (which you don't tell them about) to ensure you have budgeted enough to get through. Hope it looks good at the end of all the work. You sure have put a lot of cash into the house this year. What flooring are you talking about. Must have missed that

Susie - waiting to see how you went on the scales! You are doing well this year. Keep it up. Love the treadmill exercise. You are nailing it.
Chemo was long, but I had my kindle and finished a Mary Higgins Clark thriller. Then I played on my phone on Facebook and talked to my friends and neighbours. They came looking to feed me around 3pm and then at 6 I had a cup of tea and some chippies (only choice at that time). It wasn't too bad and I only have 3 more to 'look forward to'.

Laura - I saw the winner of the dog show on facebook. Gorgeous girl. I was considering sending Ruger over there to mate with her, but is it really worth the expense. Probably not and I would have to go with him. Can't have him travelling as an unaccompanied minor could I?
As you would have read the above - I'm feeling okay after the chemo. Better than I thought after hearing all the adverse side effects everyone tells me about. Different strokes for different folks. I might get some symptoms after a few days or so they told me. I do feel somewhat light headed and droopy so I will retire back to bed for a while then get up and do something. Plenty of rest seems to be in future for a while.

So that is about it for today. I've taken the pills and had breakfast and posted here. That's taxed the brain for long enough.

Last edited by Shad; 02-16-2017 at 06:12 PM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 08:15 AM   #220  
Annie - Indiana

TGIF, oh yeah!! Happy, Healthy, Grateful, Blessed and the good Lord provides! Amen.

https://authoritynutrition.com/15-co...etogenic-diet/

I am lovin this woe. One of the benefits of Keto woe is it helps with so many things. One that I can VERY noticeably feel is arthritis and inflammation. Mostly the pain is gone to very little. Amazing! I am so jazzed about that and this woe. I am in a better mood. Not so whoa is me. More energy. My steps are up a bit on my fitbit. Not where they need to be but going up. It was nearly 6 pm before heading home from the dealership. Jan and I babbled A LOT. So I called the home crew and said I am not cooking tonight as it would of been 8 pm before dinner would of been ready and we all know that is my bedtime or shortly after. So what I am leading up to is, I stopped at Taco Bell, yes we all love that ratty place. I got the chicken bowl minus the rice and beans, so yummy. Grilled chicken, avocado, cheese, lettuce, pica, and wouldn't you know it, Sam says, that looks so good. Girl, back away from my plate or I will eat your hand. I am always full and satisfied. Then I went to bed. Tomorrow is my weigh in. Run on mouth here.

Tomorrow is meeting in the morning. Then I am meeting my SIL, Pia, Mike's wife for brunch. I miss our time together. She is such a wonderful person. Pia started a new job counseling for Community Health Network. <---major health network here. Loves it, closer to home. Good news bad news. Her daughter is getting a divorce, the good news is she moved in with Pia. I felt so sad that Pia lives in my childhood home without Mike by herself. Now her daughter is living with her. I just feel better about it all. THen onto grocery, home for laundry and cleaning, dinner. Maybe church, may save that for Sunday morning.

SUSIE...how did you do at TOPS last night. I am very excited to hear your good news! Nice you can work from home one day a week. Like a small break from officehood. I just made that word up. lol. Have you heard the song Good Good Father? I just love it. It has been out for a while. KLove is playing some great music lately.

SHADDIE...take her easy. Hey DO NOT run the vacuum. That is one thing you are not supposed to do after any belly or female surgery for 6 to 8 weeks. Do you hear me my sister friend. I will have to get MELLIE's rolling pin after you. Hope you have a feel good day/night. I too am a fruit bat. Don't you know my retired boss got an edible fruit basket last Friday and left it in the fridge. I texted him what to do with it? He said it is yours. Bah couldn't eat it but my family is enjoying. Strawberries, pineapple, cantaloupe, musk melon, grapes, OMGosh. Of course they are all screaming at me too. Really it has not been bad as I am not hungry or craving anything.

HAPPY...here is the final straw...60s and near 70s for the next 10 days. That would be a nice vacation for you to visit me. You can bet the windows are going to be open and airing out the stentch. I don't have a cattle prod but I do have a rolling pin. And here it comes. lol.

LAURA...did the 3 pm meeting get changed? I don't trust myself to work from home. I would find other things to do besides working.

Hi to the rest of ya's. Have a wonderful weekend. I may pop in with my WI or maybe make you wait till Monday. hahahaha.

Hugs
Old 02-17-2017, 09:10 AM   #221  
Choose your hard

Good morning girls,

Shaddie - I think the next few weeks you need to be extra gentle and mindful of yourself. You can go back to being the tough bird in a bit but for now, your system is being bombarded by a chemical cocktail and it's the effect of being put into one of those round cement mixers and turned up on high. Help your body fight the good fight. Oh my - sounds like you are pumped full of fluids much like a water balloon. I hope this will pass quickly and you will be chipper by your birthday and this a distant memory. "Fruit bat?" I will remember that. I love fruit too - can't imagine only 2 pieces a week which is what the low carb diet recommends. It's interesting that you mention the landscape "quote". In fact, L said she does not do estimates. This IS the cost of the job. The only thing that might change is if we decide to do some extra work in the back with irrigation. I am quite impressed with her. I have known her through volunteer work and she is VERY into what she's doing - in fact they want you to maintain your landscape after they leave. You can do it yourself or they will come out once a year to clean up. The stuff they plant is relatively low maintenance - especially the first few years as it will mature and fill in. Should be quite lovely I think. It's all colors with foliage. We can add pots of flowers here and there - mostly on the deck I think. Not planting a buffet for the deer. DH is planning on making some benches that have planters built into each end so we can put some flowers in and keep things off the deck boards so as not to discolor them. As for the hair, I do remember seeing a picture of you sporting a longer look than when I saw you last. It looked quite nice. Can't imagine either of us with long hair like Laura's though. I hope the shorter course of treatment means you get to keep yours. I have heard that people who lose their hair to chemo often have quite a wave in the new hair that grows in - if I remember correctly - you also have that now so more would not be better! Just rest up and let your family and friends pamper you a bit.

Anne - you certainly sound full of energy. I had to read your extra quickly to keep up with you It does sound like this keto thing is working well for you. Interesting that you say the pain is gone from inflammation. Sounds just like what I need. Ok then, not to focus on what I can't have (fruit, Coca Cola, sweetener in my coffee ) but instead focus on the benefits. I am not a big sweets person but when I can't have it, I want it and usually I use fruit as my sweet of choice. I guess I can cut back for now - I still have a box of oranges that I am not going to toss out or give away but I can reduce my sugar intake immediately. Thank you for your links and the positive review. Good to hear that Pia will not be rattling alone in the house by herself although as you say - it came about as a bummer of a reason (divorce). I guess better to move on than live in misery (the daughter). I hope this can be a time of rebirth for both of them helping each other on a new life's path. Well gee that is sort of a bummer that someone spent the money for the edible arrangement and the boss didn't want it. But boon to your household. I'll bet the kids enjoyed the cut outs. on Sissy giving you the hungry eyes for your chicken bowl I know what you mean - get away from my food when you can have ANYthing you see. Glad you had a good time catching up with your friend also. Nice to have those girl chats. It's funny that you say you would be distracted if you worked from home. You do have to be disciplined. DH had that issue when we moved to Memphis. I told him work from home was a privilege and he needed to be FOCUSED. When I worked from home I took care of the company's web pages so it was obvious to all if I was goofing off. The only time I ever got distracted was during the 911 World Trade Center attack and well, everyone was distracted then. I actually worked longer hours and got tons of stuff done. Loved it.

So.My.Hair. Well I talked about going back to blond on top (we changed the color a bit darker last time). And going shorter. My hairdresser S is so cute. She is popping with the new baby and loved the gifts I gave her. They sure do make alot of unique things for babies and new Moms today. Anyway... she encouraged me to try to keep growing the hair out. She cut the top in layers to give more fullness. Made the bottom really dark which is always is at first but fades out after a few weeks to a more tolerable color for me. But then there was the top. I guess she decided to get adventurous and put some sort of rinse on top that made my hair a blue gray instead of blond. Her station is right next to 2 big outside windows so there was a lot of light in the shop and I didn't notice much different with my hair until I got home. I would say that right now it's super trendy - in the way that young girls are dyeing their hair gray. The front where I am all gray has this sort of light gray bluish tone to it - she said it pops my blue eyes. The back to me looks like it has a sort of greenish cast to it. It's growing on me but I'm not sure I like it much. One things for sure, I was thinking of going naturally gray but for sure this has convinced me that I don't want that at all! She said as always if I didn't like the color to let her know and she will change it. I will give it 2 weeks to see if it lightens up and what I think about it. DH said nothing at all - not sure if he didn't notice or was just avoiding saying something. I think it was that he didn't notice because otherwise he would have said - "is that what you wanted???". Oh well - I certainly don't like to look like everyone else.

They are having a chili cookoff tomorrow to raise money for Alzheimer's caregivers and support from the senior center. Not many people signed up so I decided after staring at the sign up sheet all last night at bingo that I'd enter a pot. Which meant I had to start it last night when I got home from bingo. I put it in the slow cooker - nothing like the smell of chili at 6am when you get up. I put some chipotle and ancho chile seasonings in it among other stuff. It has a bit of a bite of heat at the end - not overpowering. Might be too mild for DH who likes it just hot enough to make his forehead sweat but not so hot it gives a tummy ache. Maybe we will taste it shortly and re-season to adjust but I know we won't agree. Bingo went alright. We had a nice crowd and made some money. I am getting to know the regulars and we laugh and kid around. We are also getting some new people creeping in. My friend D who is the bingo man who runs the show said he was talking to the director about the low attendance. She told him it's up to him to stir things up and get more people in. I said we could have topless bingo. Most of the attendees are 70 or older. They are thinking of getting a beer license - I don't know about that... I was thinking if I knew anyone famous to draw in the crowds but sadly I'm the most famous person I know from appearing in the local newspapers besides my friend D. DH and I are featured on the Senior Center FB page because we happened to be seated next to the Ukel Ladies when they performed at the Valentine's Day lunch. *no I don't want this fame people*. Really the one thing that would draw people in is bigger cash prizes and that's the one thing we don't have the money for.

Waiting on the Sears washer guy. I hope the other guy comes - not the goof who was here last week and insisted nothing was wrong. DH has to go to get his MRI shortly. I had to skip Tai Chi this morning because someone has to be home when they call to say they are on the way. I hope he comes early. I have to get the chili to the senior center and it would be nice to have the day to myself. I need to find a good brisket recipe to cook up the meat I bought last week at the farm vendor. I kind of ruined my beef oxtail soup by adding the pasta right into the soup - it took away alot of the flavor and the pasta expanded too much

Nothing else going on. We are supposed to be sunny and near 50 degrees this weekend so I will enjoy that. It's actually more dangerous out there because things are melting and refreezing overnight to black ice. I hope we get rid of the snow this weekend. As for the big ski race next Thursday through the weekend, they are good to go they say. The trail is well groomed and they are ready to race despite the warm temps and rain on Monday. Hope so.

Better go get out of my PJs - Sears man may not appreciate me not being dressed.

Catch up with the rest of you later.
Old 02-17-2017, 10:39 AM   #222  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Morning
You girls are busy.
I'm going to Branson this afternoon so I can do some shopping.
I'm disgusted with myself or this sight. I'll come back later.

Last edited by ceejay52; 02-17-2017 at 11:00 AM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 11:44 AM   #223  

Morning all.

Shad – Glad to hear you felt alright after the chemo session. What a lot of fluids and what an assortment! I’m thinking your body isn’t quite sure what hit it yet. Agree with what Happy says – lay low and let the family take care of you. And dig out those instructions from the dr!! == Re Rumor the Best in Show doggie – yup, ODDU could be a suitor for her. I thought it was cute that in the post-show interview with her handler that Rumor’s next big thing was looking for a husband and having some babies. Cute, but it’s really about the breeding fees right? But who can resist the thought of some cute GSD puppies??

Happy – I do think fruit bat is an actual species, not just something Shad made up, LOL. ==Sounds like a good plan for the landscape since you have the deer and other critters wanting to go after the flower - just use stuff they won’t eat. Duh, I'm sure that landscape lady specializes in what's best suited for your area. The bench/flower box plan sounds like a pretty thing for your new deck. == I too am a sweets person, so I would also have a rough time cutting back - cutting OUT – the sweets. But I’ve also heard once you stop eating them, the craving for them decreases… == Well, your hair certainly sounds different as to the color. Make that colors. I just can’t picture it in my head, though I do see women with the dark to light or light to dark look fairly frequently now and that’s cool... Except when our former department admin had it done. She’s Hispanic with very dark hair, but the part that was supposed to be blond turned this awful brassy color. And it fried her hair to boot. Oops. I hope you like the layering on top. == Gonna have to check out the senior center fb page to spy you and dh - and the ukel-ladies. == Hope dh’s mri goes well, and that you get the other sears repair guy and not the goof! == Good luck with the chili cookoff!!!

Annie – Glad to hear that the keto woe is reducing your inflammation and thus your arthritis pain. I’ve heard that before – maybe it was from Happy? It's cutting out the sugar. == Not a happy thing that Pia’s daughter is getting a divorce, but a good thing for the two of them to be living together and supporting each other in their new lives. == Not a Taco Bell fan, but I do recall many years ago having their bowls, didn’t even know they still had them... I make something every once in a great while that’s sort of like that, but with the rice and beans. It's not a fave of bf’s so that’s why it’s not made very often. Maybe if it had ground or shredded beef instead of chicken… Anyway, good for you to get a break from being the dinner cook, and good for you to be able to modify your food order to fit your woe!! Whoohoo!! --- Do you get the day off on Monday for Presidents’ Day?

Ceejay – Enjoy your shopping trip to Branson today. Hope you have a nice day for the drive.

Susie – Hope the TOPS WI went well! Enjoy your weekend. Do you get a day off on Monday for Presidents’ Day?

==

Again, nothing much to report here. I skipped the monthly health lecture at the recplex last night. It was about heart health, this being February and all. Heart health month. Anyway, it started at 6:30 and I just didn’t feel like going after I’d already plopped myself on the sofa. And my asthma was acting up too. Bleh.

Working from home today. The 3 pm meeting is still a go, but confirmed it’s not 2 hours, it’ll probably be less than 30 min. Also a pre-meeting at 2 pm with just a few of us to confirm the topic(s) for discussion.

Nice and sunny here and it’s already 48 degrees. Nice to be looking out the window, even if it’s just to see all the leaves from fall and not-so-green grass.

No plans this weekend for me. Bf will be going to a wake on Saturday afternoon. He just found out yesterday that one of the group of his friends from his teen years (I recall seeing her in the occasional gatherings) passed away. It was a woman who was only 46 years old – from a heart attack. She was found in her yard a couple days ago when a neighbor – who was a friend - was leaving the house that morning for work. No details yet about how long she may have been out there. Sad that she died alone. Hope it wasn’t slow/painful.

Since I can’t end the post on such a sad note, I will say that I’m glad it’s Friday. I’m glad the weather is mild and sunny. I’m going to pop out at lunch time to run an errand to get a taste of spring.

I'm happy, healthy, blessed and grateful!

Have a good weekend everyone.
Old 02-17-2017, 11:58 AM   #224  
Annie - Indiana

I know it is only the end of the first week however I am kinda liking my "temp" boss and his way of doing things even if it is more work for me. Very approachable. We just had our first 1x1. Explained that we WILL fill my old boss's position. He is posting it in our WF sites in DesMoines, IA; Chicago, IL; Milwaukee, WI; and Indy. Four of my regions cities. My job is secure. Funny when we quit worrying and let God it is always better. Amen.
Old 02-17-2017, 12:05 PM   #225  

Great news Annie! What a relief for you!