Old 02-18-2017, 10:05 AM   #226  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning all,

Should be a lovely day today which will make us feel happy, healthy, blessed and grateful if we aren't already.

We have to go pick up some corn for the deer then run into town and see if anyone bought DH's picture for the art show. Will stop by the shop and say hi to our friend and I will sign up to work an extra shift on Thursday afternoon to help out the person who's kind of nervous covering the big crowds next weekend for the big ski race that they said is still on despite the too warm weather.

The washer repair man came yesterday. I forgot until he walked up the steps, this is the guy who looks like Jesus ladies. He has ringlets in his hair - kinda like a baby's beautiful hair and the most gorgeous eyes and the kindest, most gentle disposition you could find. If Jesus came back down to earth and walked among us as a Sears appliance repair guy but now his name is Don. I told him about the other guy not wanting to do anything to fix the machine and Don took it apart. Turns out he (Don) replaced some rods back in October and because of the way the repairman before him left things, they got installed improperly. Don fixed the banging and cranking Oh happy day. I am going to file a complaint with Sears about the other guy though. Not right.

I did finish making my chili and DH took it into the Senior Center for me. We are going to stop by at lunch time where they are having the fundraiser and do some chili tasting and probably drop a few bucks for the fundraiser. IF we can get parking. It's at a restaurant next to a marina and there's only about parking for about 12 cars and even that's tight. There is water across the street and your turn into the restaurant off a bridge so there's no off road parking either. Then we will stop at the flooring store to drop off the samples we borrowed. They have a flooring that is no glue - you simply lay it on the floor and butt it piece to piece. I was VERY SKEPTICAL that this would hold up but the lady showed it in the showroom and it's in a high traffic area and they have a stool and counter next to it so the stool is always scraping the floor and it doesn't come up. After thinking about the flooring, I think (and so does DH) that this makes sense for the basement because 1) if we think we might ever get seepage again, it's really easy to pull a strip of flooring up and check and 2) if we do get water again - you just pull up the vinyl, rinse it and let it dry out and lay it back down again. There is no underlayment on the floor - seems too easy peasy. The only recommendation is that you have a fairly level floor which we do. We know putting it over concrete no matter what we do the floor will be chilly so we will just put areas rugs by the furniture. Also I pointed out to DH that I can't close 2 windows completely in the 3 season room - the window is closing on a crooked slant. DH got his level out and it turns out the northeast part of the NEW 3 season room has somehow raised up a bit and now it's not level any more. We have a hard time closing the entry door on the south end and now the windows won't close. DH was spitting nails. There is going to be some legal action as we paid far too much money to deal with this shoddy construction after only 8 months time. They KNEW what we were putting into that room - in fact he went to the building contractor and got plans but did not build it based on their recommendations. He took short cuts. And DH said when they first put up the platform everyting sits on, DH himself checked and everything was level. So that means the structure/support pillars/ something moved over the winter. And we have not had a bad winter at all!!!!! Ok, maybe we are still blessed and healthy but maybe a tad less happy and grateful.

I am still torn about my hair color. Under the right light and with the right clothes it's not too bad but I'm afraid it's going to fade and get ugly looking. We'll see what happens when I wash it today.

Yesterday we went down the road to a local place for fish fry Friday. We had not been there in a while. We both got the combo plate - 2 chicken wings, 3 fried shrimp and 2 pieces of fried cod with baked potato and cole slaw. I ate one wing, the shrimp and one piece of fish. Gave DH the extra chicken wing and I brought my one fillet back for the kitties. DH took the breading off and chopped up the fish and those 2 kitties went to town. Num num num. It's good that Meadow eats straight up protein like this - better for nutrition and her diabetes. DH said we will have to get cod and pot roast and cook her meals. Yeah, sure honey. But I am always up for bringing home leftovers since I never finish a meal completely. Meadow has recovered from the trauma of her tail surgery and seems to be doing well again which is great.

Anne - I'm SO HAPPY that you are liking the new boss - even if temporary. I hope this means that WF knows how to hire the right people in management and not just schmoozers looking to step on people's backs to advance themselves. I hope the goodness continues. Also a wonderful confidence boost (and peace of mind) that your job is secure. I'm sure they realize that you are a valuable employee and a top notch worker too.

Susie - I hope you had a good weigh in this week. Can't remember if you are mid week or end of week. How is your hubby doing with the afib? Is the medicine keeping it in check?

Laura - I'm sorry to hear your asthma is acting up again. Is it in part a bit of the crazy weather you are having? That is really sad about BF's friend dropping dead. Especially so young. And you have to think that if it was the heart - she had some idea of what was going on when she dropped. I think the best way to go outside of just going to sleep and not waking up is a brain aneurysm - from what I understand you just drop. That's it - lights out. Done. I know my Mom is very paranoid about falling to the floor and her heart giving out. But she's not afraid enough to get one of those emergency call buttons (which WE WOULD PAY FOR) or to move in with either of us. I hope you are able to get out and enjoy the nice weather this weekend. Maybe take a walk in the yard and do a little spring planning. But no planting - still too early. Are you starting to feel a bit antsy missing exercising? How much longer on the foot?

Ceejay - enjoy your road trip this weekend.

Shad - how are you doing? Feeling the effects of the chemo? Did it cool off at all for you?

I guess I'd better get ready to head out. DH told me "the bus" is leaving on time today - with or without passengers.

Have a good weekend everyone...

Last edited by happy2bme; 02-18-2017 at 10:08 AM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 06:21 PM   #227  

Height: 5'7"

Ladies, thanks for all your support...I showed a 1.6 lb loss at TOPS on Thursday.

Saturday sure has gone by quickly! I got up this morning and did my 60 min treadmill workout. And guess what......the last 5 min I jogged!! On Thursday I was walking at a pretty good clip...5.8 mph and I thought, I wonder if I can jog. So I did. I did 2 min, then walked and recovered and then did 2 more. Today I told myself I was going to jog for 3 min straight..i felt good at the 3 min and only had 2 min left to go so I just finished it jogging. I am so surprised I could do it.

I am a endurance person. I do better with my workout the longer I go. I am not built for speed

We had Aidynne's baskerball game today. I have decluttered the house. Done two loads of laundry and cleaned the kitchen. I wil do the bathroom in a bit. DH grocery shopped and will vacuum for me. I will dust tomorrow.

I have Monday off and I plan in getting my office cleaned and sorted.

DH and I tried the new local Mexican restaurant last night. It was good. We also went and saw Fifty Shades Darker. I have read all the books and saw the first movie. This one stuck close to the story line on the book. The physical parts were there but not to grafic.

I am posting on my phone and it is dying. I will come back later when it is charged and do personals.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 07:57 AM   #228  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

My page froze and deleted my post when I restored it. I will see you guys on FB. I will be back as soon as they do something.

Last edited by ceejay52; 02-19-2017 at 08:08 AM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 10:25 AM   #229  

I never made it back yesterday. On our way to church and then nap for me this afternoon.

Ceejay, I know it is a pain to post here sometimes. I dont have trouble when I do it from my phone. I keep wondering why they dont fix it.

Shad, it is nice that you have had some energy to do daily things after the chemo. I hope you didnt vacuum. Annie is correct, too early after surgery to be doing that. Is it finally cooling down there?

Happy: while we are to be having warmer temps here it has been unsunny and doesnt feel warm to me.

At church now. Will post again later.
Old 02-19-2017, 01:11 PM   #230  

Morning all. Another lovely sunny day. 😊

My 3pm meeting on Friday was only 15 minutes long, so by 3:30 bf and I were out running a few errands. What a great day - there were a lot of kids out and about - probably ordered out of the house by their moms, lol.

Yesterday I didn't do all that much, but I did get some time outside. I did the short ab workout that follows one of my step workouts, cleaned the bathroom. I took a lawn chair from the garage and read my book out in the backyard for a bit. I went to one more eyeglass place to look at frames. Turns out the frames look different when I take a photo of myself wearing them pointing the camera at the mirror vs pointing the camera at my face - the camera is angled differently. But I still feel I know what I like - nothing too rounded and nothing too squared. Nothing too small either.

After Pearle Vision, I went to target for one thing. I skipped the huge grocery store nearby - it would have been too much walking. But I did go to the small walmart near home for a few groceries.

This morning I watched the movie The Girl On the Train. It was alright - the book is always better.

So happy to have another day off tomorrow, even if half of it will be taken up with my follow up mammo.

As for today, I think I'll bag up some donation items for the thrift shop. And we'll probably go to mom's to give her the cell phone replacement we got her last fall. We were debating - all this time- if she even still needed one but her phone was out for a dew days this week and we decided and she also agreed she should have it. I set it up this morning, entered some phone numbers for her, etc. Now to just show her how to use it. Well, just the phone part to begin with. That's all she'd really need. Sure, it would be nice if she could learn to use the camera, texting, and search engine apps, but one thing at a time.

Okay, time to get this posted and get dressed. Have a great day everyone. ☺ Be back for personals later or tomorrow. Typing this on the tablet and it's actually more of a PITA than typing it on my phone! Sigh.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 01:26 PM   #231  
Choose your hard

Just did a paste instead of a copy before I posted and lost it all...
And the thing is, I shouldn't have to copy if this place would let you do a proper post in the first place.

So I am (not) happy or grateful but still healthy and blessed. Let's try this again. I guess the good news is that I will save you from my blathering.

I was a bit miffed about the chili contest in that they didn't do a very good job of explaining how it worked. I wasn't entering it to actually win anything, it's just that they didn't have alot of entries and I was helping the cause more than anything. So I brought in huge pan of chili and all I really needed to send was a small container the size of a half gallon ice cream container - just enough for the judges to taste. Which meant that I could have KEPT a whole lot more for us than just 2 small bowls. And of course because I gave it away, it turned out tasty. We stopped at the bar where they were having the contest to find out what was going on. It turns out the bar sponsors this and anyone who wants to can enter their chili so they actually had alot of entries. I would have been better off saving myself the time and effort and instead just using the money I spend on supplies (about $30) buying raffle tickets instead. Live and learn but it went to a good cause. The man we talked to said they take all the leftover chili and dump it all into one big pan and then sell it for free will donations to the bar patrons.

We went out for lunch at a new place. That was good. I came home and did some laundry and took a nap. Then last night I got ambitious because I was not sleepy thanks to my mid afternoon latte and a long nap so I took everything out of the refrigerator and washed it all out. Gave me a chance to get rid of clutter like a jar of pickles with only 2 slices left in it, and an incredible collection of jams that sounded better on the label than on the tongue. Really when I try something that is not that good, I need to just pitch it instead of putting it back in the refrigerator. It's not a waste if I'm not going to eat it again. That took me almost 3 hours to do because I was very thorough and I had trouble getting the 2 crisper drawers out of the refrigerator. But it's done and it looks nice now. I finished up about 2:30am. Should have gone outside when I was done and went and looked for that comet that's coming near earth although it may have moved on by now.

Today it's lovely outside. Partly sunny and over 50 degrees so DH packed up the new camera and went out picture hunting. I stayed back as I have alot of laundry to do and more cleaning. I have been so busy during the week and away from home it's like working and I am getting behind on housework. Our NuStep is coming on Tuesday so I have to make sure there is room for it although DH did a bang up job of cleaning up the basement in that room already. We did settle on some flooring. He wants to build some cabinets in the center of the room, I think it's going to cut off space we don't need to cut off so I hope it's just talk on his part.

I'm feeling a bit better with the knees now that it warmed up some but they are still hurting. I need to put away my crying towel and jump on the keto diet. I'm not a sugary sweets person but I do like my carbs - especially when you take them away from me. A little bit of sugar in the one morning coffee - my fresh oranges, carby vegetables like carrots and peas and potatoes - who can live without potatoes and the occasional slice of bread? 20 net carbs for me is a serious committment. I did purchase what looks to be a good book on getting started on that plan. I have it on my Kindle since they didn't have it in our library system.

Now that DH is gone, Nina has turned her attention to me. She is laying all over my hand blocking me from typing and the more I push her away, the harder she fights me to stay where she is. One stubborn cat.

Susie -that is fantastic that you were able to jog and for 5 minutes too. I have heard that doing sprints is really, really good for weight loss and toning. And as you go along you can increase the endurance as you build strength. Keep up the good work! Sounds like you also had a most productive house cleaning session. Nice that you have a 3 day weekend - good luck on cleaning up the office tomorrow.

Ceejay - I agree it's a pain dealing with this site at times. I have not tried posting from my phone - it looks too cumbersome. Don't stay away too long - we have lost enough people from here already.

Shad - hope you are recuperating and resting comfortably. Has the weather broken a bit and cooled off?

Hi to Anne and Laura - hope you are enjoying that lovely weather you're having.

I'm going to try and post this and tackle Mt. Washmore. Have a good day everyone.
Old 02-19-2017, 05:30 PM   #232  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy
I'm still going to post but this site is getting the best of my nerves. I did notice that they did maintenance on the 15th. Maybe that will help However, I'm still happy, healthy, despite a cough, and blessed.

---------
Bil told me this morning at church that he talked to his daughter who lives in Texas who will be on Spring break in March. I'm making plans to go with them and spend some time with my other Dallas sister.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 05:31 PM   #233  

Ok, back again to finish posting.

Annie,that was good news you heard from your interm boss on Friday. You are so right, when we just hand it over to Him and just do what we know is the right thing and be His example here, He will take care of the rest.

Laura: It is very nice that you got early release on Friday. Arent you glad you didnt go into the office for that meeting since it was over so quickly!

It sounds like you enjoyed your out and about time on Friday and yesterday. And I think I read you got i a core workout? Good for you! I am learning as I get older, that to go with the flow and just do what can be done and let the other sort itself out.

Happy, your heart was in the right place with the chili.

We finally have some sun this afternoon. It was shinning when I woke up from my nap. I am still doing laundry and I am going to clean the exercise room in a bit. It is getting dusty in there. I also need to get my workout in today. I dont think there will be jogging today. I plan to break it up and do the bike and the treadmill.
Old 02-19-2017, 05:40 PM   #234  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

Short post. Doing okay. Doing little, resting a lot. Can't say I feel great but it is getting better. Yesterday was awful, I ached and ached in every joint. But I am still here and still kicking, today will be a better day. Have to get fluids in today. Losing a lot of fluid with heat and the usual. So time to put some back again.

Back later. Posts will be short and sweet until I feel like sitting - its a painful process to sit too long.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 07:35 AM   #235  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

ah, Good Morning, Happy, Healthy, Grateful, Blessed! Yes indeed.

Week 1 WI... down 6.2 lbs. Oh Yeah! Still loving this WOE.

Oh shoot be back in a bit.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 08:44 AM   #236  
Choose your hard

Good morning ladies,

Happy, healthy, grateful and blessed checking in.

We have some rain on the way. I'm driving to tai chi today - haven't driven in probably a couple of months. Still have snow out but not that much and the rain should take care of the rest that's on the road. I also have to stop at the shelter after tai chi to find out what they need for data entry. I don't feel like doing it but I have to.

Shad - sounds like the chemo is beating you up a little. I hope the pains don't last for very long. I know you have 3 treatments left - when will you be over and done with it?

Rain is making me achey but at least I can still walk. Scale was not kind this morning - too many restaurant meals lately and too much soda. Beat me with a stick already, when will I get it through my thick head? This is crazy week - the tourists and skiers will hit town and I will hide at home as much as possible so I am recommitting to good eating.

Annie - congratulations on an awesome weigh in. That has to be tremendously encouraging!!!! Keep up the good work. Love your avatar!!!

Susie - did you get everything done that you had planned on?

Ceejay - how exciting that you can plan a trip to go and see your sister.

Hi Laura - will have to catch up with you later.

I'm off to get ready for the day. Be back later ladies.
Old 02-20-2017, 08:58 AM   #237  
Annie - Indiana

Ok, let's see....

SW 192.2
GW 165-169 (high end of chart for my height) 5'9"
CW 186

Friday night...a blurrrrrrr. Dinner was KETO Meatloaf. Instead of bread crumbs or crackers used crunched up pork rinds<--no carbs, fat, protein, nuttin in them. The recipe call for other things all weird to me but made it anyway. The family LOVED it. Had cauliflower/broccoli and something else I served the family that I cannot remember cause I didn't eat it. lol. Clean up and bed.

Saturday was meeting then met with my SIL. It was great catching up with her. I love her so much. She is so inspiring. She thinks she is going to like her new job as a counselor/therapist for Community Health. Her degree is paying off. We spoke about Michael and to OUR surprise neither of us teared up or cried. Baby steps. One thing she said Michael used to say to her all the time was "Everything will be OK". Yes it will, God will provide. Then ran errands home again to get dinner ready for C and I and the rest of the bunch. I made Philly steak and cheese sandwiches, mine just on a plate with no bread. Something else too but cannot remember that either. Yikes Old TImer's. Did a sh*t ton of laundry, Sam cleaned up the kitchen, C and I watched a few episodes of Longmire. C is struggling with Longmire, I am loving it. He said there are too many plots going on and he cannot keep them straight. Obviously his brain does NOT multi-task. I just chuckled.

Sunday was church, brunch with my church family and home again. C working. I decided that it would be leftover night for everyone. C ate leftover chicken he had brought home from his lunch. Sam and group (BF and kids) ate leftover Crack Chicken and I was still full from brunch so I had a few cubes of cheese and a few BBQ pork rinds. Finished folding towels and C and I watched Longmire and went to bed by 8. Yes, C is still confused and it is really frustrating him when we watch it. OMGosh I really laughed at him then. C also had to put the panels back in the shed that got blown out with the last wind storm we had about a week ago. I helped him with that a tiny bit. He screwed the panels in this time, everywhere. Should NOT happen again. Was about the 3rd or 4th time it happened. Well duh C, put some screws in it. Hard headed he is sometimes. lol.

Now I am at work. A lovely sunny, warm day of a high of 70. I will take it and be sure to get out at lunch for a stroll. Paul (retired boss and lifesaver) is here this morning down in the exercise room training one of our employees. I didn't go say Hi cause it has not been long enough yet. hahahaha. Today is leftover meatloaf for lunch and a couple of cubes of cheese. One slice is all I can muster to eat as it is so filling. I brought enough for 3 days of lunch. Probably M W F.

SHADDIE...you poor thing, I hope you have a much better day today. Hugs my sweet sister.

SUSIE...wow, you keep up the good work! I am so proud of you. Another loss!! YEAH!! It has been plenty long enough that you have created a habit. A good one at that! Isn't it fun watching the littles do sports? Sometimes comical.

HAPPY....glad the "good" repair guy came this time and did the work on the washer. Now is he really the good repair guy or you just like looking at hotties work? haha We haven't had any hotties work on anything of ours. Is it now completely fixed for a minute? Boo on the chili cook off. You will know better next year. A lot of work for nuttin? Did you win? If you do the Keto WOE, you will not crave the bad things after several days. I did get the Keto flu you get when you first start. Headache and a little weezy. Only last for a few days. All good now.

I am posting and will finish next.
Old 02-20-2017, 09:14 AM   #238  
Annie - Indiana

Ok back, wanted to post before I lost it...the post that is...haha

CEEG..you sure are having a time with posting lately. So frustrating. Have you planned any trips back to see the Uncles?

LAURA...short meeting. What a waste of time and gas for a 15 minute meeting. ON THE BRIGHT SIDE....you could leave and get on with your day. I would like to see A Girl on the Train also would like to see Hidden Figures. I bagged up another trash bag of clothes from my closet. AmVets is coming Wednesday to pick them up along with many other things.

Need to get really busy, HAPPY posting over my head. Are you showing someone how to do all the data stuff to relieve you of that? How did it feel to get behind the wheel?

Have a wonderful feel good day/night all.

Hugs
Old 02-20-2017, 05:55 PM   #239  

Popping in for a quick hello. Not feeling great - congestion, sinus pressure, post-nasal drip and coughing. Oh, chills too. Back tomorrow.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 08:09 PM   #240  

Hi Ladies,
I am heading back to the workout room to get my workout in for the day.

I waited on DH to come home as he wanted to eat dinner together and workout together.

He called me at 5 and said he was working until 6 and to wait on him to eat and workout. He worked until 6:30, then messed around looking at a magazine, then his shower and now cutting up celery, strawberries and peppers.

I am starved and ticked that it is 8 pm and I havent had dinner nor is my workout finished.

I told him going forward I will have eaten by 7 and doing my workout at 7:30.

I want him to workout again but I will not neglect doing what I need to do for me.

Thanks for letting me vent. I needed to!!