Old 02-23-2017, 07:09 AM   #256  

Height: 5'7"

Hello Everyone. I have been MIA due to work this week. Once I get through next Tuesday (department meeting) it should settle down a bit.

Also, we had a big site event yesterday at work and it was a fun one. I had offered to work it for a couple of hours which turned into half a day but it couldn't be helped. The Admin (who is a very good friend of mine and we work closely together) who owned the offsite had a family emergency. Her mother has been very sick for a while and things turned for the worse on Tuesday. Her mother is now with in home hospice and most likely will leave this world within the next week. I feel so badly for my friend.

So, me and two other people stepped in to cover it for her. We had a lot of volunteers for the event, but there were still some things to do ahead of it and so we divided that work and the daily duties for yesterday and we got through it and it was very successful and well attended.

The event was called "Love the Job your In" and it was a day of "beauty" We had hair stylists, nail techs, facial techs, massage techs, barbers and makeup artists. Employees sighed up for "appointments". I hair styled, my nails painted and my makeup done. It was so much fun. We also had a fancy coffee bar, free lunch and dessert in the afternoon--we did those "Nothing Bunt Cakes"

We had a photo booth and we had a booth where people could write or record "why they loved their job". The purpose was for morale boost and I would say it was successful.

We work very hard at work, but we also do some very fun things.

Thanks everyone for the support with my exercise rant. I can say I have been back on track and not missed my exercise, nor have I eaten dinner that late again this week and DH has joined me for some workouts....I just do my thing and he shows up to do his.

Annie: I am so glad you didn't have a fender bender. I have gotten into the habit of "talking" to all the people on the road with me on my commute and I call them "idiots" a lot! lol I really need to get out of that habit and be a bit more positive!

It seems that your Keto diet is really working for you and I am so happy for you. Are you finding you have a lot more energy too? I know I have since I'm not putting crap in my body, and I'm eating well and not feeling hungry. Also the exercise helps me to feel good too!

Very nice that Samantha did that cleaning and sorting. I so need to do that in my garage. I just need some warm weather and a long weekend.

Happy: That shelter is a tough place! I am one who doesn't have cash on me a lot but I'm trying to break that habit and always have $10. The place where I get my shoes repaired as well as the alteration place I go to, won't take a debit card for anything under $15. I understand why because of credit card fees and so I plan for that when I go to those places.

I think it is cute that you and DH are "taking care of each other".

So, one more week to wait for the Nu Step......well...something to continue to look forward too!

Laura: I hate to hear that you are under the weather and also now have to go have a biopsy. It is all a lot of stress and you need to rest. Stress and colds just don't go well together. Not to mention have to lug all that stuff into work and talk with your boss about goals or performance. Ugh!

I know you will put your smile on and make the best of it. Hang in there.

I understand about putting the glass frames on hold until the insurance is in place to pay for them. I would do the same thing.

Shad: I'm so glad you were able to get "things" moving. I imagine the chemo is adding to the constipation issue but it seems that the nurse was able to give you the advice you needed to get things working.

What a darling picture of your neicelette and the dog!

Ceejay: I'm glad you got your post to post. I usually type mine and then I copy it all before I hit "submit reply" because I KNOW that it will tell me I'm not logged in..even though I am, so then I log back in and "paste" it back in.

It is a pain but it is what I have to do to post.

I'm working from home today and I need to go shower and be online at 8 a.m.

Have a good day ladies. It is TOPS for me tonight...I believe I will have a good loss.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 07:18 AM   #257  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

THe bathroom called.

Anyway, I made a delish chicken and spinach dish last night. So yummy.

Spinach Mushroom Chicken –

6 chicken breasts thinly sliced
1 container chive n onion cream cheese
1 large container mushrooms sliced (I used 3 small cans instead)
1 small bag baby spinach (I would use more next time)
¼ cup olive oil
½ cup chicken broth
Garlic seasoning (I would use fresh garlic next time)
Pepper
8 oz mozzarella cheese

9x13 pan. Line chicken in single layer.
Top with spinach
Then mushrooms
Sprinkle garlic and pepper
Soften cream cheese and whisk with oil and broth
Pour over mixture
Lay foil over top but do not seal
Bake 375 for 20 minutes, remove foil and bake uncovered 25 minutes.
Add mozzarella on top, bake uncovered additional 10 minutes.
Let cool 10 minutes, enjoy

SO so good, the entire fam said they are loving my keto WOE too! lol

SHADDIE...good to hear you are sorta returning to normal. OMGosh the niecelet is sweet and ODDU is loving her too. Great picture. Want me to send Samantha over to help you clean? She is really great at it. I would like to take credit for her cleaning skills. haha. Yummy mangos, but no fruit for me.

CEEG...glad to see you back posting. This sight can frustrate the poo right out of you. You sound so happy now.

LAURA...wow that back pack you are carrying around sure sounds awful. Um, no wonder your feet are hurting. Yes the lady in the parking garage....filling that gap with grace for sure.

Hello to all ya'll.

Hugs.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 07:26 AM   #258  
Annie - Indiana

SUSIE...posting over my head. Rarely do I get that as I post so early. Goodluck at TOPS tonight. I know you will do great. Good for you on your exercise and eating whether DH joins in or not. Glad you are not using his joining in as an excuse not to exercise. Proud of you my sister. The site event sounds super fun. Right up my alley...pampering, can never get enough of that. You are so sweet to step in for your friend/fellow co-worker. I will send prayers up for healing peace. Fingers crossed for TOPS tonight! Love you my friend.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:32 AM   #259  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Mornin' Everyone,

I went to sleep with my wedding band on and now my hands are swollen just enough where I can't get it off so I guess I have to stay married all day long. I am headed to the thrift shop shortly - pulling an extra shift as today WAS supposed to be the start of the big ski race but that's not happening. I figured we'd get extra people in town and the Thursday afternoon person is like me - would prefer a bit of extra help if we got busy so I volunteered for today. Going to pick up lunch at the senior center before I head over there. Chicken tetrazini - I will pick around the noodles and eat the chicken and mushrooms and salad. After my shift I will walk across town (I HOPE) over to the senior center for bingo. I'm not sure if we will have extra people in town because they had to reschedule alot of the race events. We are still hoping for some snow tomorrow which will keep the ski race from turning into a runners event.

Anne - thank you for the recipe. That looks fantastic. I need to pick up some spinach on the way home, otherwise I have the other stuff. I'm glad your family is really loving the keto way of eating - it makes it MUCH easier when you don't have to make different things to address everyone's varied tastes. And it saves money and you are getting them to eat healthy. Win win. OUCH, ouch - so sorry to hear about C's money pit of a truck. I guess it takes a good beating everyday so it takes alot to keep it up and running. Still asking God to send the seeds for the money tree to you I guess this is a true testament of faith, isn't it? That's funny you mention volunteering at the library - I know some people there are they have their own brand of crazies too. and surprisingly people talk in the library nowadays. They use their "inside voices" but talking is allowed. One of the things that I thought was really cool is that they have a collection of baking pans that is available for check out. So if you want to make a bunny cake or a heart cake (although you can do just about anything with strategic cuts and a round cake pan). Still it's interesting. I should donate my collection of appliance gadgets to lend out

Susie - I hope you have a good weigh in tonight. You are putting so much effort into your plan, I'm glad it's paying off. At this point, some of your clothes must be hanging on you. Shopping trip soon??? Your corporate event sounded AMAZING!!! Wow - what a great idea and so nice of you to step in and help out. I'm sure that's the kind of thing that needed to be well co-ordinated. I have never heard of a company doing so many nice things for the regular employees. Laura's company sounds like they do alot of creative fund raising events also. Why couldn't I find those places when I was still working I'm glad you did not let DH deter you from your plans. You took the wise path - I'm leading, come and join me if you want but I need to focus right now. You will be fun and flirty by the summer season for sure!!!

I have the same problem with it refusing my posts after I have already logged in. I think it times you out after 10 minutes of non activity and it takes me longer than that to type up a post. So I do the copy and then paste and sometimes I have to go all the way back to the first page again because it gets stuck and tells me I can't submit from this page.

Ceejay - we have a few things that were starting to bloom TOO EARLY with this last week of warm springish weather. NO - it's too soon. We still have a couple of months of winter left. Are you getting used to a longer winter yet? By now spring would be in the air in Arkansas.

Shad - does the mango hold it's texture when frozen (ie the chutney) or does it mush up when thawed again? Still good for flavoring. Mango chutney with black beans is one of my favorite side dishes for fish or chicken. I love the sweet and savory blend of flavors. Absolutely ADORABLE picture of the niecelette and ODDU. Are you restricted on water at all or can she just have a bit of fun? Feel better

Hi Laura - I know you are around here.

I need to get packed up and ready here. Later chicks.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 01:35 PM   #260  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy
So far this year their has not been much difference in the weather, except being a bit colder. Yum on the chicken tetrazzini. My sister makes the best. I may have to try my hand at that. The cold front you mentioned is heading our way this week end.

Anne
I'm not sure whether I could go "cold turkey" on the no carbs thing. I have cut back a lot though on carbs and am feeling much better health wise. Think I may take advantage of my insurance and have a one on one with them.

Susie
sounds like you had a fun day yesterday. Anything to get out of work. How did your weigh in go?

Laura,
A member of our church was taken to the hospital last night and he has the flu. Hope you are feeling better.

--------
Still not much going on. Today is a schedule day for exercise. Walking is making my bunion hurt lie crazy. I actually have my big toe taped up with gauze today and it doesn't hut as much to walk on it. I'm trying to put this surgery off until June if I can because of the trip to Dallas and then one to Maryland in May. I'm getting excited about those trips.
Paid my Missouri taxes over the phone while a go. It was an ordeal.
I'm happy, health and blessed.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 02:20 PM   #261  

Afternoon all. My morning got eaten up by a couple meetings. The second one was frustrating because another department member - the mostly useless one - was being very vague about committing to anything. She’s like that a LOT – can speak in theories but can’t get down to specifics. Or perhaps she expected me to decide and do everything. Too bad this is a small department (4 people) and there’s no room for someone who only wants to throw out some vague ideas and expect another person to run off and execute it. We’re into year 2 of this particular topic and still haven’t gotten very far. And this is very similar to what's happening with a project the admin is working on with this person. We’ve said it many times, this person is someone to work around, not work with.

But enough of my grousing.

Happy – So the 8-12 inches of snow never happened? Race or no race, I hope you at least get some good business at the shop today and this weekend. == In our house it’s been mostly “take care of my woman” because bf has been helping out a lot while my foot is healing and while I’ve been feeling crummy these past few days. And that's on top of helping his mom with her shopping, and helping my mom here and there. == Oy, that under $10 cash only policy sure doesn't seem unreasonable, and certainly makes solid financial sense for the shop. Too bad the shop manager wouldn’t support its enforecment. Bf and I went to lunch at a very popular mom & pop place on Monday and they have the no debit/credit card policy. Neither of us had enough cash, so off we went to the nearest ATM. We only came back because we'd already had the smell of char-broiled burgers in our nose and couldn't NOT come back, LOL. I just hope we finally remember that for the next time we go there. == I usually don’t walk around with much cash on my person, but in the recent weeks, I need to have it to pay for my taxi rides. When I take the rides during the rush hour, they are so slow, I don’t want it to take even longer by paying with a credit card. Uber isn’t a good option at these times, otherwise that would work well from the payment standpoint. I used to try to have a ten or twenty dollar bill in a separate part of my wallet, just in case, but I wasn’t successful in maintaining that habit.

Shad – Glad to hear you're feeling almost back to normal. Each day will be better now. Enjoy your mangos – you put a lot of work into them! Very cute pic of the niecelet and ODDU with the hose. I bet it was really cute watching her water the garden - and everything else!! I don’t know who enjoys the niecelet’s visits more – you or ODDU!

Ceejay – Cleaning is good. Probably felt like spring cleaning with all the very mild weather we’ve had recently. When you’re done, come on up to my house, there’s plenty of cleaning up here for you!

Annie – Yeh, I’d be avoiding C’s calls too if it always seemed it was going to be about the latest truck issue and the $$$ associated with it. Usually “only the battery” is a good thing, not very expensive. But no, it had to be 2 batteries, and one that’s “special”, code for expensive and hard to obtain. I take it you weren’t the Powerball winner in your state? …. Just remember, all these challenges are just making you stronger. When you look back, you’re gonna wonder how you dealt with all of this, and know it was because you’re a strong person!!! == I don’t usually carry around so much stuff (but still too much), but I do wonder if the excess weight I carry around on my own body has contributed to the stress fracture and plantar fasciaitis flare-ups. == P.S. Send Sam up here – we’ve got plenty of cleaning to do around the house.

Susie – Oh, the site event sounded like so much fun. Very nice of you to help out your friend, and I’m glad that didn’t prevent you from keeping your own appointment and getting primped and pampered. I’m glad you’re keeping in the groove with your exercise schedule, regardless of having dh join you or not. == Yeh, I’m just trying to go about my business, knowing that eventually the foot will heal, the cold will go away, and the biopsy will get done. == Wishing you another good TOPS WI tonight!

==

Yesterday afternoon’s goals meeting with the boss went okay. It didn’t start out so great when first thing he gave me was the last page of the 2016 performance review document to sign (no information, just the signature lines for the employee and supervisor), and I had to ask him how I was rated because that had never been discussed (in spite of meeting *twice* about it back in December). But I got a “solid” rating and got the same measly annual % increase that everyone else now gets. I also get the full amount of my annual incentive, and that gets paid out tomorrow, yay. I am happy, (mostly) healthy, blessed and grateful.

Yesterday the “Nyquil effect” lasted well into the afternoon. And the boss’s office was stuffy, so that didn’t help when we met. I finally felt a bit better late in the afternoon. Last night I took the Nyquil about an hour earlier than the previous evening and that helped. But I still hit the snooze several times and was running late and didn’t have time to eat anything today until lunch time. Maybe the third time will be a charm tomorrow and my energy levels will be better.

That’s about it for me. Off to post.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 08:19 AM   #262  
Annie - Indiana

TGIF for sure...Happy, Healthy, Grateful Blessed....

Warning TMI about to come. I put on my size smaller, never worn panties this morning. Oh, no doubt still a larger than life size, but smaller. Whoo hooo. I must heat up my BPC<---bullet proof coffee.

Last night was laundry. The fam ate leftovers. I had a couple oz of cheese, 10 pecans and a BCP. Just wasn't hungry. Watched a couple of episodes of Longmire, we are in season 4 and there are only 5 seasons.

I will say on this WOE my skin is not so dry and itchy as it used to be.

CEEG...I am convinced carbs make us sick. Or at least too many carbs. Once I gave them up, I have not craved them at all. Not one kernel of popcorn either.

HAPPY...ok, nix the library. Found a better place for you to volunteer, HOME. lol. Have a weekly or monthly tea or something. Invite a few friends over. Shoot I don't know however I do know I don't like the way other's are treating your kindness. Hugs. On the recipe, I would cut back on the oil and broth. THe pan of stuff gets real soupy, too much liquid. Yes, do stay married all day long. That is all we have...TODAY!

LAURA...slackers and what is worse is when the slackers take credit for doing absolutely nothing once the project is done. Yikes, signing off on a blank review page. Hmmm, makes me a little leary. Seems the raises these days are very minimal. Once a company starts it, it does not revert. Our raises can be 0-4%. Whoopie! Guess I should be grateful for anything. Ours do not hit till like April or May.

SUSIE...curious. WL at TOPS and Total please?

Hello to all.

Hugs
Old 02-24-2017, 11:39 AM   #263  
Choose your hard

Good morning ladies,

Well the snow we were supposed to get did not materialize. It stayed just south of us. Right now we have a very fine sort of snow mist that won't help anything. There were 11,000 to 13,000 skiers that were supposed to descend on our little town for the race. That's alot of people considering our population is about 2,500. Spread out. I guess alot of people didn't even bother coming in. We had a good day at the shop yesterday afternoon - people were in good moods and we had a steady stream of customers, even if it was a bunch of small sales. We picked up 19 small dogs from a Texas rescue operation and they took videos on Facebook. They named all the dogs wild west / cowboy names like Jesse James and Wild Bill Hickok. It's really cute. They needed more blankets for the temporary kennels for the fellas so I bought a bunch of blankets from the thrift store and will pick them up today and drop them at the shelter. I tried to get lighter blankets that will wash well in the washing machine. They have some heavy afghans that just beat the helck - yes I said helck out of the poor washing machine. I also need to stop at Walgreens and pick up a few things. Going to try krill oil for the arthritis. Woke up today with my entire right side in pain - ankle, knee and hip so I skipped Tai Chi this morning as that aggravates it. I will try and do the DVD later today - small deliberate movements that are not as stressful on the joints.

Anne - yay for a NSV on the panties. Do acknowledge any and all items that help keep you motivated. Interesting about the lack of dry skin. Are you drinking more water too? DH wondered if you had won the Powerball too but I said no, that's too far from your place. Bummer for us...

Laura - bummer on the performance goals review. I think bonuses are the new raise because it doesn't increase your salary from one year to the next. DH got a $5 increase per month on his social security this year - that's his "raise" if it makes you feel any better. I got nuttin so he has to share his with me. I smiled at your mention of the smell of the burgers at the restaurant that doesn't take credit. I'm surprised you could identify WHAT smelled so good. Often we are outside and it's like "what smells so fantastic" and we can't identify either the place that smells good or what exactly it is that is so wonderful. Be careful with the Nyquil - I have found in the past after 3 consecutive nights, I often have a real hard time falling asleep for days once I stop taking it.

Ceejay - I had bunion surgery. You will be incapacitated for a few weeks recovering because of the bone surgery so best to plan around when you might want to be up and able to move around. And I saw your post on FB about not putting the winter clothes away - yet. Yes, don't let the unseasonable warm break get you too excited - yet.

Hello Shad and Susie

I'm going to ask DH to help me lug the blankets in to the shelter so I'd better get ready before he decides to do other things. Have a good weekend everyone.

I think they are going to cancel the ski race altogether.
Old 02-24-2017, 02:29 PM   #264  

Afternoon all. TGIF!!

Annie – Yay for the smaller panties! == Nice not to have the dry/itchy skin. Could also be a result of the milder weather lately – the furnace isn’t blasting out as much hot, dry air.

Happy – Too bad about the ski race, but I guess it makes getting around easier for everyone else without the influx of thousands. == Yay for a good thrift shop day. Do any donations to the thrift shop get diverted to the shelter? I imagine if you receive blankets and towels that aren’t in good enough condition to sell would go there. We have a number of both “dog towels” and human towels (that are now in ratty condition) that need to be culled from the linen cabinet. I’ll phone one or two local animal shelters to see if they want them. == I hope the krill oil works for your joints. I assume you’ve already tried glucosamine/chondroitin? == Last night was the last night of Nyquil for me, don’t like to take it much, but I do use it when I'm sick to ensure I’m not unable to sleep when I have to work the next day. But it’s the weekend, so if I’m up during the night it won’t matter, especially as I have no plans in the morning.

Hellos to the rest of you.

Shad, I was flipping channels last night and found a documentary on the public tv station about NZ. Interesting program about how the country was about near economic/financial collapse in the mid/late 80’s when along came PM Douglas & the Labor Party in ’84 and its reforms, and then PM Richardson and more reforms. It focused on the agriculture and fishing industries, opening of trade, etc. Even if the maker of this program had his own slant (or that of his funders), it was interesting and informative. When did you leave NZ to live in Aus.?

==
Nothing much to report. Glad it’s Friday. No special plans for the weekend. Like I mentioned to Happy, I’ll probably dig around in the linen cabinet and pull out a bunch of old towels and donate them to an animal shelter. We need the room in there.

Have a good weekend everyone!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 12:38 PM   #265  

Height: 5'7"

I am happy, healthy and blessed!

I am feeling a bit overwhelmed right now with work. Department meeting is on Tuesday and I havent had what I needed to put the PowerPoint together until yesterday afternoon at 4. My Director needs to see the presentation on Monday to make any changed or additions, so I am working on it this afternoon. Also we havr a budget meeting on Monday morning and I need to update spreadsheets to share out. The Director gave me that yesterday at 4:30 and asked if I could get him that by Sunday evening. So I am working this weekend. I think each project will take me 2 to 3 hours each.

So, now you know why they do so many nice things for us, like the event they dis this week. Oh well, it is cold out and after getting my hair done, I dont have

I plans today other than my workout. I will clean house sometime. DH will help me.

I had a very good loss on Thursday. I was down 3.6 lbs. Tops totalloss since Christmas is 31.6 and My Fitness pal says 31.4 I must have keyed in something wrong on MFP. But they both are close enough.

Happy: did it snow and is the race happening? I am sure the town doesnt want to lose the revenue.

You asked if I have had to buy new clothes. I was trying to wait until spring but my work dress slacks are too baggy. I had to go down 2 sizes for my new ones. JC Penny was having a sale on their Worthington dress pants. So I got 2 grey, 2 black and a red pair...i wanted something a bit flashy. That should get me through for a bit and I perfer dresses in the summer.

Annie, congrats on the big panties!! Doesnt it feel good to have those things happen?

Laura: Good to hear that the reveiw goals went fairly well.

Ceejay: my friend had bunion surgery a few years ago. She did pretty well with it but it did take a bit to get back to normal.

Shad: when is the next treatment?
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 01:59 PM   #266  
Choose your hard

Hi ladies,

They did cancel the ski race totally. Said they could run the course with a few hundred skiers but not 11,000 of them. Supposed to be a big party in town - they are trying to turn it into a Woodstock festival of sorts. Make lemonade out of lemons. I give them lots of credit - a huge undertaking of love and volunteer support. They could not do it without volunteers.

Last night we opted to go to a spaghetti feed at the Catholic church. Yep, NOT low carb. However, we had heard that they needed to sell at least 150 plates to break even on their costs - they do it as a community thing. Town is kind of dead - many spectators decided not to drive up as conditions were iffy and also many skiers didn't drive in. Last year they had people lined up outside the door and down the street and were still serving way past the 8pm cut off. Not so much yesterday. Our friend said they had 40 huge baking trays filled with all sorts of desserts that the volunteers had made. There was spaghetti with meat or vegetarian sauce, garlic bread, tossed green salad with carrots, and every kind of dessert you could imagine. White and chocolate milk and coffee and water for drinks. We were one of the first ones to get there and we were sitting at a table by ourselves waiting on friends to show up (who never did or DH misunderstood the time to meet). I had to laugh as the pastor came and sat right next to DH. He is a wonderful guy - about 18 months with the parish and everyone just loves him. He's the kind of person who engages you into conversation. DH just flapped his gums the whole time, I barely got a word in edge wise. We didn't talk about religious things, more the state of the world today. It was a nice conversation. The dinner was nice - we were both starved as we had not eaten anything up to that point and that was our one meal for the day. Except DH came home and ate chocolate candies and had a strawberry frozen yogurt with chocolate sauce on it.

I was reading an article and decided to pick up some joint health pills - they have krill oil (a good source of Omega 6 I think - better than fish oil), this ingredient called hyalauric acid which like calcium and Vitamin D helps the body to absorb the fish oil better. Had a hard time finding the stuff - they had one box and it was $36 for 30 pills. I got the box home, it was completely sealed but when I counted the pills, there were only 28 in the bottle, not 30. I did take one last night and this morning I swear I felt a little bit better - it's supposed to take 7 days of continuous use before you notice a difference. Today is sunny but cold - no different than the last few days so I don't think my improvement is weather related. We'll see. I'm game to try most anything at this point.

Susie - geez Louise at this point in my life I'd be so upset with the director and bumping up the wall to the last minute with the changes. But you know what you are dealing with. I guess it bothers me because that's how my last manager was. She was an incredibly selfish individual and liked to wield her "power" by making us all run like scattered ants. No respect for any of us - it was truly all about her. But you have to deal with it, not me so thank goodness you will do this to support them. I hope you don't spend the entire weekend working and have some time to catch up on personal things. Yay for the red pants - so sharp with a black sweater or blazer and a crisp white blouse. You will look fantastic lady!!!! And super congrats on 30 pounds down. That is AWESOME I love JC Penney Worthington pants. They were a staple of my work wardrobe as well as Coldwater Creek - WHEN they were making better quality clothing. Are you physically feeling better too with that much weight gone? More energy to run around the office chasing people to give you the stuff you need for last minute changes Good job Susie!!!

Laura - yes, we do divert things to the shelter at times. Particularly worn blankets and towels and sometimes when we get a load of puppies (although they never last long once ready to adopt) we will take some puppy friendly stuffed animals as comfort pals too. We do try to divert anything donated that we can utilize between the two organizations in an effort to save money. It's still supporting the shelter no matter what and we appreciate it greatly. I feel bad as I took in some book donations on Thursday that I should have refused - they were old economic and sales strategy books - we need to make a policy (that people will IGNORE) that says we want fiction books only. We get inundated sometimes with cookbooks, self help stuff and old textbooks that are hard to get rid of and they don't sell. No one wants to lug them to the Salvation Army. I hope you are able to get through your closets and purge the unwanted items. Will be nice to check off one to-do item and then you can spend tomorrow relaxing and enjoying the newspaper with a nice cup of tea.

Time for me to get off the computer and get some laundry and cleaning done. I slept in today - had a cup of coffee at dinner last night which was stupid. I could not fall asleep until almost 4am so I slept the morning away. Dumb, dumb, dumb. DH went out to see if he could get some eagle pictures so I have the house to myself and should take advantage of it. Have a good weekend chicks.
Old 02-25-2017, 02:32 PM   #267  
Annie - Indiana

Hey ladies. Burrrrrrr. 34 and snow flurries today. Yeeegad. Was 74 and sunny just yesterday. You get all the seasons in Indiana.

Down 3.6 today. My two week total is 9.8. Whew whooo
Old 02-25-2017, 04:01 PM   #268  
Choose your hard

EXCELLENT job Anne - you deserve a bow

Our weather is quite chilly also. The water in the driveway froze over and when the turkeys started running to get the seed DH was tossing out, they started slipping and sliding on the ice. None of them fell on their turkey butts but it was funny to watch. This time of year we transition from the dry part of winter to the more wet part - humidity goes up. That means we go from Ivory snowflakes - light, broom sweepable snow to the heavy, wet stuff and the cold goes right through you no matter what you are wearing. Brrrrrr. Spring can't come fast enough but we are at least more than half way through the season.

stay warm. light a fire. and if you can, have a glass of wine. I will.
Old 02-26-2017, 06:11 AM   #269  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

I'm having a glass of wine with you. First for months. Then I had a second one just for Annie.

Not much to report here. We were expecting rain but it hasn't arrived yet. Probably go round us again. I've had to water again. It's just about time to start planting the garden again, but I want some decent rain to penetrate the dust first. Tap water just doesn't do it.

Feeling back to normal again now. Taken a week but I've got there although there were times that I didn't really want to live through. I do however realise how lucky I am to have caught this insidious disease in time and the trouble a lot of people have gone to to allow me to live. I'll not complain about paying extra tax to cover my medical care again.

Weekend is over again. Where does the time go. Well last week it probably passed by on the couch. I've made a start on catching up with the housework and garden. This week will see some more of the same. My kitchen certainly needs a good top to bottom clean. Feel free to come on over and lend a hand if you want.

Laura - Hate it when there are people in the office who do nothing or next to it, and then roll up for the glory bits. Grrrrrrrr.
Not sure where your program came from, but yes in the early 80's there was great financial reform - called Rogernomics after Roger Douglas who was the Finance minister at the time (not PM). We were led by a bit of a rogue called Rob Muldoon who was for the most part a bit of a tyrant. To a certain extent the reform worked but not for that long. We then had a female PM who changed a bit of the legislation so the ordinary kiwi could survive without being in poverty. That's not to say there wasn't poverty. PM Jenny Shipley and her finance minister Ruth Richardson (not PM - I suspect your program researchers can't work out the difference between Prime Minister and Minister of (whatever portfolio) added a bit more to the mix and NZ is now among the 'wealthy countries' of the world. It hasn't been an easy ride. We are too far away from the rest of the world to be able to compete really, and our population is small and spread across the globe, but we do punch above our weight in a lot of aspects. There was a saying in the 80's - if anyone can, the kiwi can - and it meant that we had to be innovative to be competitive on the world stage.
We came here in '88. Since then NZ has continued to diversify and thrive and Aus has depending on the mining boom which has now bust and is stagnating because it has all been about money and feeding the rich and now we have failing infrastructure, failing roads and rail, failing businesses, the highest taxes in the world (unless you are rich) and being over run by the rest of the world. Even Pres Trump doesn't like us Correction, he doesn't seem to like anyone except himself.
Enough ranting - and I shouldn't dabble in politics.

Happy - Sorry to hear you had to stay married all day. Seems like you might be having a fluid problem. Are you watching sodium levels? I always know when I have that problem. My weight will fluctuate up to 2kg in a 24 hour period. Flush it out and down it goes again. Still suggest you might get shares in a toilet paper enterprise.
Sad about the big race being cancelled because Mother Nature is having a huge hissy fit around the globe. Not global warming you understand - phhhhhhhstttt.
28 pills in a 30 pill bottle. How to make a profit. Free bottle every 15th fill in the factory. How to make friends and influence people.

Congratulations to both Susie and Annie with the weight losses overall. Seems like you both have found the thing that gets it off.

Think it might be time for bed. Beginning to wear out somewhat and it is not that I have been overly active during the day. I'm just getting old I think.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 08:58 PM   #270  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Default trying again

Lost another post even tried to copy and paste. ugh

Susie
That's a great weight loss since December. Makes you feel good when you have to buy new and smaller clothes.

Happy
Sad that the snow didn't materialize. The town probably need the revenue.
My doctor told me to take Krill oil. Supposed to be good for inflammation.

Annie
Yeah on the smaller size undies. I realize that carbs nor sugar are good for the body especially the older one gets. I just don't have the will power to cut this out of my diet. I have very low self discipline. My motto is all things in moderation.

Laura
Hope you feeling better and glad that the bf is helping more around the house. Get well soon.

--------------
Went to church and book club today. It snowed most of the morning but didn't stick.
Called and talked to a couple of my former co-workers. Was good to hear what was going on in their world.
Going into Springfield tomorrow for a mammogram. I need to call the doctor to schedule a blood test for the b12 level. I've ben taking a b12 vitamin.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote