Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2003, 12:54 PM   #46  

Reina...where are you?? I just realized it's been several days since we heard from you. I miss ya!!!

Miki
Old 06-01-2003, 02:43 PM   #47  
Blooming Day by Day

Angry Hi, everyone!!

Isn't that bizarre? I just bought a badminton set too--on Friday! Actually, I bought it so my girls could play volleyball in our small city backyard, and a 20 ft. badminton net plus a separately purchased volleyball will fit better than a 30 ft. volleyball net, plus be more versatile, since now 2 games can be played! Also the lower badminton net will give them volleyball serves that go over. I'm sure I'll get into the act myself at some point. I played badminton when I was a girl, and I'm not too bad at volleyball either.

Anyway, my weekend has been so-so. I got a lot of grocery shopping done Saturday and went to church in the evening, but I had a really bad headache all day. What I didn't know was that the headache was PMS, since I got my period last night, a week early. Such is my experience with perimenopause--new surprises all the time. That does explain, however, the craving for the ice cream cone the other day, the feeling of sadness/needing extra time for myself, and general ickiness I'd been feeling for several days this week.

Today was a much more relaxing day--and positive too. I took my 12-year-old daughter to a Music Competition--she plays the flute, and she won 1st Place in her division. Now it's true that there were only 2 other people in her section, but she was definitely the best of the three. I nearly cried when she received her award. I was so proud. She had never competed before. It was also the first time I'd seen her play solo. She never lets me watch her practice. On the way home, she wanted McDonald's. I had only a small shake, and when I got home some animal crackers--not too good of a lunch, but I'll get back on at dinner.

Anyway, I'll keep plugging away at things. Hope to hear from everyone soon. Happy Sunday!
Old 06-01-2003, 07:21 PM   #48  

Things like that happen alot in here. Many times I'll be talking about something with my hubby and come here and find out that's the exact subject being discussed here also..very weird but I guess it shows we're all on the same 'wavelength'..lol

Congrats, newinspiration, to your daughter. How cool for her. I bet she was excited about getting an award, and,I can definitely relate to being proud of your child doing well. Nothing better in the world than the feeling you get seeing their accomplishments.

I made it thru the arm workout today. I wasnt too great with the pushups but I managed to get a few in using the 'lady' style on my knees rather than legs straight out. They were still challenging even that way. Wonder if I'll be able to get around tomorrow.

Better run for now...need to keep moving so I dont get stiff from the workout.

Miki
Old 06-01-2003, 08:39 PM   #49  

Talking I'm Baaaaackkk!!

Can you tell I didnt have a whole lot to do today? I've been online about 4 times I think. Anyway, just had a thought. Dont ya'll think we need a 4th of July goal?? Short term ones can seem a little more attainable. I'm setting a goal myself of a 5 lb loss by then. That's not even a lb a week. I'd love to lose more but as slow as mine has been going lately, I'd be thrilled to see 5 lbs gone. Anyone else have a 4th of July goal or wanna join me in mine??

Miki
Old 06-01-2003, 10:09 PM   #50  

Default Week end over time to get back on track!

Hi ladies,

It was a busy weekend... we went to the lake house and even though it rained all weekend it was fun. I love decorating and I am doing a "lodge" look in the house. The boys were fishing at the lake and made a wooden sailboat and tugboat. Foodwise, like most weekends it was not good! Instead of miki on my shoulder I had the pizza I also had blueberry and walnut pancakes!

I will try to lose a pound this week. I hope to take Miki July 4th challenge and be 5 pounds lighter.

Very tired...I'll post more on Monday.
Old 06-02-2003, 09:18 AM   #51  
I will make it!

Talking Good Morning Lades

My weekend was pretty uneventful! It rained and it was cold too...argh!

I am glad to hear that everyone is getting in on the badminton wagon! You will love it and you will be surprised how good a workout you will get from it

Anyway..on friday I went to sign for my new car! I am getting a new beetle...galactic blue..which is a navy blue with a metalic tint to it when its in the sun! Wooo hoooo I am so excited..I get it sometime this week.

I have a busy week ahead too..tonight I go back to the car dealers to finalize my lease, tuesday I play badminton, wednesday my boss is having a wine and cheese, thursday I play badminton and sometime during this week I go pick up my car!

So lots of moving around which is good!

Miki good on you for doing all of that exercising...I am sure you will reach your mini goal of 5 pounds gone by july 4th

Debbie...dito for you. Glad to hear that you have a nice weekend at your weekend getaway in the woods!

newinspiration...looks like you are coming up with fun ideas to stay active. I find that doing sports and varying my exercises works best for me..otherwise I get bored and dont feel like doing it.

Well ladies..its monday morning and as usual, I am at work.

So have a great rest of day and week and I will pop back in late

Cyan

I think Reina is going on vacation soon! lucky girl! new job, vacation! Looks like she is having lots of fun
Old 06-02-2003, 10:24 PM   #52  

Hi everyone

Today is the day that my exercise tape is just 30 min of stretching. Felt pretty good after the ab, thigh, and arm days. Kinda works the soreness out. I've got to find time to fit in walking still tho because I really miss it.

Debee, sounds like a fun weekend! And the food sounds yummy too. Time to get back on track now tho. Remember, I'm watching you!! Glad you decided to join me in my trying to reach a 4th of July goal.

Cyan, your car sounds sooo cool!! You must be very excited. I loved bugs even back in the old days. One good thing about your busy week, probably wont have time to overeat. I'm off alot in the summer since my kids are out of school and it's really hard to be home all day and not eat.

Well ladies, hope the rest of you are doing well. Miss you all!!

Miki
Old 06-03-2003, 10:03 AM   #53  
I will make it!

Angry Good Morning Ladies

Not much to report..I cycled for 25 minutes last night so that was cool...I didnt want to really but I decided to drag my bum onto the bike and I am glad I did!

Tonight its badminton! I still cant get over how much of good workout it is...could be because I am playing against men..and they are pretty competitive...smashing that birdie at me and making me run to all ends of the court to return the shot! But thats ok...cause the more I move...the more fit I get and hopefully the more weight I will lose.

Oh...I tried on these shorts that I had bought a couple of summers ago...and they are slightly looser on me! So I am starting to see small changes...my clothes are starting to fit much better and I feel less uncomfortable in them too. You know how sometimes you feel like they are too tight or dont hang well...anyway...its all good! But the scale still hasnt moved...not really anyway! So that part is still very frustrating

Hey Miki...good to hear that you are keeping up with the exercising!

All you lovely ladies...have a great tuesday!

Cyan
Old 06-03-2003, 11:41 AM   #54  
Blooming Day by Day

Unhappy I'm having a rough day!!

Hi, everyone--I took the day off work today. Actually I am at home trying to prepare for a breakfast meeting with my boss tomorrow morning where I'll decide whether I'll stay at my job or quit. Yesterday at work a number of big frustrations that have been building came to a head, and I had words with the boss. I walked off the job about 45 minutes before quitting time, and called her to tell her I was quitting. She asked me to take today off to think about it and meet her for breakfast tomorrow. I am spending the day today alone, writing a few proposals to present to her which I want to enact to ease the job frustrations I have been experiencing if I am going to continue. I won't go into it anymore except to say that my position is that of being her assistant in the office, and she is a very difficult person to work for. I am very nervous about this breakfast meeting. I don't want to be talked into anything I don't want, yet I don't want to be disrespectful and overly demanding. I just want some resolution to certain issues that have made my job difficult to do efficiently. I really don't want to quit. I like my work. I'm not used to standing up for myself, though I have been doing it more as I get older, and especially with the mood swings I experience with perimenopause. Lately sometimes I just speak my mind very openly and directly if I believe in something, especially if I feel I am being taken advantage of, and I really don't care who hears or what others think. I think that my biggest character flaw has been that I am too nice, and I have allowed myself to be walked on a lot in my life. Lately, though, that has been changing, and I think this is a situation where this change is showing up.

Anyway, the whole thing didn't make me go off the deep end with food, though some cheetos and 11 malted milk balls accompanied my lean beef sandwich and glass of milk for dinner last night. They gave me a stomachache. Really I am not very hungry. Actually, I am kind of knotted up in the tummy.

Well, anything, thanks for being there to get this off my chest to. I'll let you know what happens.
Old 06-03-2003, 08:22 PM   #55  

Hello again all...

Cyan, I am thrilled for you about the changes you are starting to notice. You're an inspiration the way you have kept up the healthier eating and exercise even when the scales didnt show it. That's the goal we should all be working toward...to judge ourselves honestly depending on how well or badly we've done instead of letting the scales be the judge. In the end, the hard work will pay off even when it doesnt seem that way.

Newinspiration, good luck tomorrow! Just think, by this time tomorrow the breakfast will be over and your decision will be made so try not to let it make you sick. I'm sure you'll do the right thing. Good for you for not letting the situation cause you to sabotage your eating.

Everyone else...get in here and let us in on how you're all doing! I feel like I'm the board blabber mouth as much as I'm in here.

Hope to hear from the rest of you soon!

Miki
Old 06-04-2003, 09:26 AM   #56  
I will make it!

Angry Good morning Ladies

Hey Miki..thanks for your words of wisdom...that is true...I have kept plugging away at it and very slowly...its finally starting to pay off...but I have still a ways to go and will keep at it diligently!

good to hear that you are keeping up with your exercises and better eating too. Have you tried your badminton set? I played last night for an hour and 15 minutes and today...I have generalized soreness all over ...but I am happy cause that means that I got a good workout out of it.

hey newinspiration...hope your breakfast meeting went well for you...curious to find out how it all turned out. Stay strong, focused and motivated...we are all here to support you.

Lisa, LadyRider, Taiwan, Debee and Reina...who I think is on vacation...come back soon and post...I miss you guys!

Ok...as usual I am at work...so I best get back to it

later ladies

Cyan
Old 06-04-2003, 04:48 PM   #57  

Hi,

Sorry I didn't post for a few days...feeling overwhemled by kid stuff, house stuff, just lots of stuff! Well, it is raining again and I just can not get motivated to get bacjk to healthy eating and exercise. Miki that low carb high protein thing is not working for me...I think I am going to try the 90/10 diet my girlfriend was on and just try to move more during the day.

Today it was raining and iIfelt like cooking so I made a turkey, apple aNd cranberry sauce, cornbread stuffing, popovers and brownies for dinner tonight. I am also making a 16 bean soup that is low cal and healthy...must admit I had 3 popovers with butter today but sometimes it is worth the calories. This cold and rainy weather makes me so tired I just want to take a nap for all the afternoon. Maybe starting tommorow I will do some of my walking tapes or yoga tapes to get some exercise.

Newinspiration, hope all went well with your boss today.

Cyan, I am so happy you are seeing results! keep up the good work.

Miki, I'm glad you are the talker of the group I love reading your posts! What is your 4th of July goal?

Lady, lisa, deena, hope to hear from you soon. I think Reina is in San Deigo.
Old 06-04-2003, 08:05 PM   #58  

Hello everyone! Just a quick post for once. I am just too pooped to type much. Today was the "Bun Shaper" tape. My sis and I got up at 7 a.m. to do it. Tonite my hubby decides to do it also so I did it again with him. I also did my Ab Toner" tape twice yesterday. I'm really into this exercise. Just hope it lasts! I did give in tho and have a piece of my nephew's bday cake AND a vanilla ice cream cone today. Good thing I did the extra exercise huh? Tomorrow is the day you're supposed to just rest..Yesssssss!!

I havent tried out the badminton set yet but plan to this weekend. Debee, that diet didnt work for me either. I hated trying to remember what kind of food I could eat when. Oh and my 4th of July goal is to lose at least 5 lbs by then.

Hope you're all having a nice day!!

Miki
Old 06-05-2003, 07:56 AM   #59  
Blooming Day by Day

Angry Thanks, all!! It went well!

Hi, everyone, and thanks for your support!! The breakfast meeting went well, and I am still working for the company. My boss was very receptive to all that I had to say. We came to agreement on several issues which have been bothering me a great deal, and I basically received all of my requests. (They weren't unreasonable and actually will be very cost effective for her in the long run--I made sure to point that out to her.) There is an interesting irony that came from our discussion. One of the things I asked for was to have more marketing influence in the store where I work in order to improve business. I will have that, though it will require more time and work on my part in order to do the thing I want to do. The good thing is going to be that the structure of my work schedule and way I am paid is going to be changed so that I can do some of the paper work required of my job at home, which adds to flexibility for me. That is something I really need with 2 kids at home. It also relieves some of my stress on the job when I am in the store/office because I know that I don't have to get it all done there in a limited time period. I hated that pressure. Of course, I will have to add to my home schedule time to work on certain projects and keep a healthy balance between home and work, but I have no doubt I can do that. Plus, I have to make sure that I follow through on all the things I have told her I want to do in my job, but I know I can do that too. In the long run of it all, I also will be making more money, which is very nice. Actually, if this all works out, both she and I win!!

To relate this whole thing to food and such, I found it very scary to get angry (which I did at work the day I walked off the job), to stand up for myself, and to ask for something I wanted, and I even felt guilty afterward--though I think I'll get over that part. I know that I am an emotional eater, and I think that in the past I have often used food to fill me up when I felt empty over frustrations, unexpressed feelings, etc. As I've gotten older, I've learned that sometimes feelings have to be expressed and anger is okay. Like I said before, I didn't go nuts over food in this situation, though I had a few malted milk balls again last night. Again, they gave me this rich, yukky feeling in my tummy that I didn't like. I guess I'm making headway.

Well, during the last few days, I haven't walked at all, so I am getting back to that today. It's my kids' last day of school, so I am not going into work till they get out at 10:30, so there'll be plenty of time for me this morning. I've got to go now. Hubby's lunch has to be made in the next 20 minutes. I'll be back after my walk to post my July 4 goal. It will be related to exercise!

Thanks, everyone, for your good wishes to me. You all helped me get through several difficult days!!

Old 06-05-2003, 09:25 AM   #60  
I will make it!

Angry Good Morning Ladies

Well last night I had my corporate party..it was fun meeting all of our clients!But it made for a very long day.

I didnt get a chance to exercise yesterday because of back to back events. but I am sure with all that running around it all worked out well calorie wise

I am supposed to go play badminton tonight but I may have to cancel...just to get caught up...too much activity in one week for me.

Miki...you are the exercise queen Keep going...it keeps me motivated to see everybody here doing their thang!

Debee....put those popovers and brownies down...you dont want me to get on your shoulders about it...I weigh a lot

NewInspiration could to hear that it all worked out for you with your boss. Its nice to hear when hard working employees are heard my their bosses.

well you guys know it..I am at work...so have a great day ladies and stay on program

Cyan
Closed Thread