Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2003, 11:02 PM   #16  

Ok, here's my update:

On May 9, I was at 200.5, the lowest I've reached at any point since we all started around October. On May 16, I had gained up to 202.5. Today.......drumroll please....I am officially under 200 at 199.5! Ok, I admit it's BARELY under but close counts in horseshoes and in weight..lol

Walked 3 miles today instead of 4. Just didnt have time for that last one. I did manage to stay out of the breakroom also since they all cooked and brought tons of yummy things today. I wish they'd stop doing that so often at work! I did have a hotdog for lunch at Luke's year end school party and had a hamburger tonite. Also ate a bowl of fruit salad I made to take to work but it wasnt too bad calorie-wise.

Well, I have to work tomorrow. Seems that always happens to me on the long weekends. Having a big family cookout Monday tho so I have to watch what I eat tomorrow and Sunday to save up room for a little cheating on Monday.

Happy Memorial Day Weekend Everyone!!

MIKI
Old 05-25-2003, 08:04 AM   #17  
Blooming Day by Day

Angry Hi, may I join you?

Hi, everyone, I just read this great thread, and it gave me such good feelings! Mind if I join in? I am pretty new--just found the site a week or so ago, but I have gotten into a number of threads and am feeling more motivated about getting back into the losing. I've weighed between 165 and 170 for a couple of years now--trying to eat sensibly and exercise--no more diets for me. I've had enough. I just want to find a relationship with food that I can live with, yet also lose the pounds that are haunting me. I'd like to weigh 140. This site has brought to my attention certain habits that are keeping me from my goal weight, and I think that this summer challenge thing I have read about on this thread just might be what will start me breaking those habits. My goals are small ones--I am trying to be realistic--and remember that I want to be able to LIVE with them--but I think they will help. Anyway, here goes!!

1. To allow myself a sweet three times a week only. (Now I have
one every day.)
2. To drink 4 glasses of water a day. (Now I drink 1 or 2.)
3. To walk outdoors 5 days a week and be up to 1 3/4 miles by
September 1. (Now I am inconsistent and walk 1 1/4 miles.)
4. To take a 20 minute nap when I am tired. (Now I eat.)
5. To buy the WATP-2 mile video and use it 2 times per week.
6. To weigh 163 lbs. by September 1. (Now I weigh 170.)
7. To not give up. (It's easy for me to be complacent when I'm
not gaining.)

Thanks, all, for the "newinspiration" that motivated me to finally set some goals for myself!!
Old 05-25-2003, 10:44 AM   #18  
I will make it!

Good Morning everyone..hope your weekend is goin well.

Welcome newinspiration...looks like we have about the same weight to lose. Your goals seem very reasonable and doable...so I am sure you will not have a problem meeting them. Tell us a little about yourself if you feel comfortable doing so.

Let me introduce myself...I am 33 years old, live in montreal and a web designer by trade. I weight fluctuates between 167 and 170...I have been on a plateau for a while now but I have not given up of reaching my goal of 140 pounds preferably 130..we will see how it goes

Anyway, I dont have much time today..its sunday...my chillaxin day. So welcome to out thread and good luck with our summer challenge.

Cyan
Old 05-25-2003, 01:30 PM   #19  

Welcome Newinspiration! We've "talked" a few times in other threads recently but glad you joined us here in my 'regular' thread. This is where I hang out most. You'll love it here. I've lost the 42 lbs Ive lost due largely to the support I've found here.

Cyan, hope your day is spent restin and relaxin today. I'm hoping to walk some today since I used yesterday as my lazy day. I worked but didnt get any exercise in.

Hope the rest of you are having a good weekend. Come post when ya can!

Miki
Old 05-25-2003, 03:25 PM   #20  
Blooming Day by Day

Angry

Hi, Cyan and MikiG--thanks for welcoming me to the thread. MikiG, I know you from the other threads I've joined. I've found your enthusiasm contagious, and what I am looking for these days.

To introduce myself a little more--I'm 47, live in Chicago--a former high school English teacher--but now I work in a teacher/parent school supply store. I've been married nearly 14 years and have two girls, 12 and 8. I've done a lot of weight gaining and losing over the years--weight has been a problem all my life. The most weight I ever lost was on Overeaters Anonymous, but I found it too strict for me--not something I personally could do the rest of my life. I've been as high as 200 lbs.--while pregnant--and as low as 122 lbs--while on OA. That is too thin for me, though, because even though I am only 5'4" tall, I have a large, muscular frame. I think 140 would be a good weight for me, but I simply don't want to diet anymore. I walk and garden for exercise, and my job involves a lot of walking, bending, lifting--you name it--I do it. I want to have a healthy relationship with food and to be physically fit. That's why I haven't lost in a long time. I thought it would be important to stay the same for a while to see if I can live with regular eating. I've never done that before. I've gone up and down within an 8 lb. range within the last 3 years, but that is what I believe healthy eaters do. Now I am ready to get rid of the rest of the excess poundage, but I want to do it as a lifestyle, not a diet. I've gotten a lot of encouragement for exercise and habit changing since I joined the site, as well as motivation for not giving up. Anyway, that's me!!
Old 05-25-2003, 10:33 PM   #21  

Newinspiration...that is so cool you're from Chicago. One of our regulars is from there also...Reina-Mia. She's great and you'll meet her here soon also I'm sure.

I signed up into 3Fatchicks this past October because I was panicking about turning 40 this past March and had seen an article in a magazine about this site and the support it gives. I was desperate to make lifetime changes now. Everyone always says it gets harder after 40. So anyway, that was my original motivation. I would have never believed what a difference meeting these women could make in my life. I truly have them to thank for the success I've had so far. They encourage, support, and even give the occasional cyber kick when I need it.

I live in Arkansas, have been married for 19 yrs, and have 2 sons, 11 and 13. I am 5 ft 7 1/2 and weighed 242 when I started here. My goal weight is 160 lbs. My highest weight I think was 256 several yrs ago. I was 150 when I married and under that is a little too thin for me.

Anyway, feel welcome to jump right in and post anytime you'd like. The more the merrier.

Miki
Old 05-26-2003, 09:14 AM   #22  
Blooming Day by Day

Angry

Thanks, MikiG, for the info about yourself and the encouragement to me. You are right when you said it gets harder after 40. Metabolism starts slowing down, there are little aches and pains that weren't there before, and I find that I don't have as much energy as I did before. I'm also in perimenopause, and diet and exercise are very important at that time to avoid weight gain, help keep moods on an even keel, and prevent osteoporosis. I started walking a couple of years ago as stress relief and for the energy boost that I had read walking gave. I got both, and have slowly developed a better relationship with food during my maintenance time, but lately that hasn't been enough. I have seen a number of people around me losing weight, which made me feel very discouraged about myself, but I just didn't want to go on a drastic diet again. Going to the clothes store and putting on size 18-20 tops that made me look old and sloppy bothered me the most, as did pictures of myself that I've seen. I knew support would help, because that was the part of OA that helped me the most years ago. I found this site by accident while doing a "weight loss" search on the internet not too long ago. I am so-o-o glad I signed up because just in the last week I've made great strides in attitude, motivation, honesty, and habits. I know the method I am using to take off the 30 pounds I want to lose is going to be very slow, but I think I've found the place of support that won't let me give up when nothing seems to be happening. Thanks a million!!
Old 05-26-2003, 11:00 AM   #23  
I will make it!

Angry Good Morning Ladies

Its monday morning...gray and raining outside..and yes..I am at work..not a holiday for us canucks!

I can sincerely echo what Miki has said in her last post...these ladies are wonderful and a huge support to me too. I really enjoy coming here to find out whats new with the girls and being a part of their lives..albeit a cyber part

Anyway..this weekend for me was good...I kept active...I cycled, lifted weights and did my very fun ball exercises.

I plan on playing badminton tomorrow evening...time to wip some butt

Food wise..It has been good..I didnt get the chance to put it into fitday but I am sure it is not above 1500 cals and 50 grams of fat...so that is very exciting.

Well Ladies..have a great day and Iwill drop back in later

Cyan
Old 05-26-2003, 10:07 PM   #24  

Hi everyone,

Ok, it is the offical start of summer and I am motivated to look good in a bathing suit this year...even if I have to wait until Lisa' August 17 goal date to do so!

On my Friday weigh-in I was still 129. I really need to stop eating the junk food and start exercising again.

Summer goals--
1. eat breakfast every morning.
2. have my turkey pita for lunch every afternoon.
3. Plan my dinners in advance--no eating out
4. No eating after 8.p.m. or at least I will really try.
5.exercise by walking, gardening, yoga.
6. incorporate new exercises like jumping rope, bicycle swimming, tennis, hula hoops, fun stuff I can do with the kids

Welcome Newinspiration! I am a 42 year old stay at home mom with a 4 and 7 year old boys. I am 5'3 and very petite with a pear figure. Every pound shows up with quickly on me. I started like most people on January 1st with a new year resolution to lose weight. I was 141 when I started and wore a size 12. The most I weighed was 160 after my first son was born. Before I had child I was always about 110 and a size 4/6. Age and babies made my body change and stress eating of junk food made the pounds pile up. Thanks to the support from these wonderful ladies here I was at a low of 127 for a loss of 14 pounds in six months. I still would like to lose about 10-15 more and weigh about 115. My original goal date was June 18 and I hoped to be 115 however I have revised that number to be 125...that means about a two pound loss for the next few weeks. I hope to stay under 125 until July 4 and then try for the next pounds over the summer.

Sorry I have to go now but I will try to post on Tuesday.
Old 05-27-2003, 09:25 AM   #25  
I will make it!

Angry good morning ladies

Today is badminton night..so I am looking forward to that. I didnt exercise last night..I took it easy...chillaxed...its good every once in awhile.

Not much to report ... as usual..i'm at work. Just wanted to drop in and say a quick hello.

Ladies stay strong and motivated...remember...we need to take care of ourselves...we are important....we deserve to be healthy, sexy and thin!!!!!!!!!!

Ok ..I'm back to work

later

Cyan
Old 05-27-2003, 12:53 PM   #26  

Default Happy Monday ALL!!!!!

Hello everyone,
I hope you all had a great Memorial Weekend! I did. I had a wedding to go to and I got to wear a dress that was actually a 14/16, and not an 18!!! Which felt really great.

Ok, I have to tell you all this little story of not giving up. By friday night, I was exhausted of thinking of food and what I was gonna eat. so he told me to go to my Weight Watchers meeting on Saturday and talk to somone! Well, we had someone who came to our meeting that doesn't normally attend that one! On Saturday, she lost a whopping 95lbs.

I talked to katie after the meeting and she gave me some good advice, of being patient and deal with the emotions as they come, don't try to hide behind food during them.!

So, I am hoping to stay on this bandwagon and really work at those goals that I posted last week.

Miki, Congrats on being under 200, that is my goal and I can't wait to get there! You are a workout and you keep motivated keep walking, I am gonna start walking with Alex while he rides his new bike, so now I have a reason to get out...

NewInspiration ~ Welcome! another Chicagoan in the house!!! Sounds like you have your goals in sight and are ready for the challenge. I think you will love this loop, I have gotten great support from these ladies!!! We have all had our good time and bad times and we have all come through them with flying colors!!!

I am a 31 year old mother of 1 boy. I love on the northside of Chicago. I started my weightloss journey back in October of 2002, and started at 207, I am tettering on the 190-192 scale for over 2 1/2 months and I am tired of it. I can't wait for my scale to read 199.5. Yes, Miki, that .5lbs means alot for me!

Cyan,
Keep up the good workouts, even if those muscles are killing the next days, you body will get used to it in no time.

Debee, I am right there with you, no more junk food, I have to stop seeking it out! It is like it is calling my name, Whispers from beyond, Reina, come and find me, you know you want a kit-kat!!!

Ok, so my weekly goal:
1. Drink my 2 bottles of water
2. Walk with Alex 3 times this week
3. NO EATING OUT.

Have a great week everyone!
Old 05-27-2003, 02:37 PM   #27  
I will make it!

Red face Corrections to Reina's last post

I just read Reina's post and was slighty confused so I spoke with her and she asked me to correct ...

I am a 31 year old mother of 1 boy. I love on the northside of Chicago. I started my weightloss journey back in October of 2002, and started at 207, I am tettering on the 190-192 scale for over 2 1/2 months and I am tired of it. I can't wait for my scale to read 199.5. Yes, Miki, that .5lbs means alot for me!

Yes she is 31 years old ..she did start at 207 and is teetering on 190-192 pounds for over 2 1/2 months. She does not however want her scale to read 199.5! Ever again in her natural life! She does however wish to reach 189.5 very soon and she does feel .5 pounds counts.

Okay Ladies..I hope this correction clarifies it. Apparently Reina is suffering from lack of food...so she is now eating something to rectify this lack of coherency.

Later Ladies

Cyan
Old 05-27-2003, 08:54 PM   #28  

LOL@Reina and Cyan! Thanks for the laugh, girls. Have to admit I was a little confused also but I figured it was just me misunderstanding. I agree with one thing for sure, Reina...that .5 lb (or loss of) is sometimes worth its weight in gold. Half a pound definitely counts in my book. (except of course in the case of a GAIN..lol)

Ok ya'll...once again I'm trying a new plan. I read about this in "First" magazine. In a nutshell, you eat carbs and fiber for breakfast, and by noon and the rest of the day is when you eat the most protein. Vegetables are allowed anytime. The article states "Eating fiber-rich carbs in the morning and protein-rich meals in the afternoon and evening speeds metabolism, helping you lose 50 percent faster than you would otherwise". The article is by Edita Kaye author of "Cooking Skinny with Edita". She says the carbs control your cravings and reduce the stored fat in cells. What is left burns 15% faster thanks to the protein. It's a really informative article. I thought it was worth a try and the menus for once are all actually meals I would eat, every one of them.

My summer goals:

1) To drink LOTS more water
2) To exercise a minimum of 5 days a week, preferably 6
3) To tighten up the loose parts from what I've lost already
4) To stay motivated regardless of what the scales show
5) To lose at least 15 lbs by August 17
6) To spend more time with my kids
7) To cook more at home, less take-out
8) To realize feeling better is more important than a lower
number on the scale
Old 05-27-2003, 09:25 PM   #29  

Cyan and Reina you guys are very funny...the bad part is that I understood everything that Reina wrote???

Miki, I loved your summer goals. Shoulder buddy you need to be more forceful...even though I heard your voice saying "Deb do not eat those twisters and dark special chocolate nuggets" I flicked you off my shoulder and ate them. Afterwards I felt terrible and picked you back up and promised I would throw the rest away...which I did. I realize that the only way I can lose weight is if this junk food is out of the house..."out of sight, out of mind" I know I will not drive anywhere to buy the food when I get a craving so if it is not at home I will have to eat something healthy instead.

Ok today I realized I have to start writing a food journal again and try to figure out when I head for the food. I know I am good at breakfast and most of the time lunch. However, once I pick Jimmy up from the bus at 4 p.m. I start snacking and then I start making dinner and picking some more by the time its 7 p.m. I ate alot of junk and really am not hungry for a healthy dinner. Then an hour later I am craving snacks and sweets. I have to break the cycle.

Oh well, it's getting late so I better go. Wednesday is a new day to be better and I will try once again.
Old 05-27-2003, 10:03 PM   #30  
Blooming Day by Day

Angry Hi, Everyone!!

Wow!! What a group! I'm glad I decided to read this thread the other day and join in. There is a lot of hard work and love and laughter here, and I am glad to be a part of it. I think I will find myself enjoying some success now. It's great not to be alone with it all, and to even have a laugh about it. Thanks tons!!

Reina mia--I live on the southeast side of the city--near the lake (that phrase cooler near the lake applies to where I live) and practically in Indiana. I grew up in the suburbs and moved here when I married my husband. I love Chicago! There's so much everywhere, and you can walk to just about anything in your neighborhood, and if you can't walk to it, anything you could want isn't more than an hour away on wheels!!

Anyway, I am working on my goals, not expecting perfection, but not sloughing off either. I walked today, but I didn't get all my water in. If I drink it all now (8:45 p.m.), I should just sleep in the potty, so I'll try again tomorrow. When I am at work, I get so busy taking care of different things--special merchandise orders, inventory business, customers who need help--that I sometimes forget to drink--even though I have a big glass of ice water on my desk. Oops!! I'm not at my desk too much. I guess I have to figure out what to do about that. I'm walking with my weights in the morning--one pound per hand and doing some side arm raises with the hope of making my waist smaller. !! Now I know one pound per hand doesn't seem like much, but somehow it seems to make a difference in how my upper body feels. I've also been watching my sweets. I eat a sweet treat Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday. I think I have more energy when I am not eating so much sugar. Between those two changes alone, I feel lighter already--not so bloated and heavy. I lift all the time at work--books, paper, etc.--but today I lifted a box of 100 posterboards over my head and carried it, and it wasn't even hard!! Usually that is a very difficult thing for me to carry. I felt very strong and healthy!! Now that's how I always want to feel! I also ate a little in the late afternoon, so I didn't go nuts with the food at dinner because of hunger and fatigue. It was a good day today. Thanks, ladies, for all of your support!! Talk to you all soon. (P.S. MikiG--I forgot to mention this--You're from Arkansas? My mother is originally from northwestern Arkansas. I've been there a few times, but not since I was a teenager.) Bye, all, for now.
Closed Thread