Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2003, 09:18 AM   #166  
I will make it!

Angry Good Morning Ladies

I am doing well...lots of work at work ...but at least I'm employed!!

Anyway, I went to play badminton yesterday...and boy what a workout it is..I still cant believe it but you actually get your heart pumping...my the end of it, I had a pain in my lower back but it went away later on that evening. I hope that wont become a regular problem.

I also ate well within my means at 1550 cals and 20 grams of fat! But believe it or not I still havent lost one pound since christmas! But I feel good and now in the mornings when I walk up that hill to make it to work...I'm not out of breath like I used to be.

Debee thats a great top ten list!

Lisa sorry to hear about your recent weight gain but kudos for joining the ymca...it will melt off before you know it. Ouch colonoscopy! good luck

taiwan ...congrats on meeting your goal...wow 188...you are doing very well...just a few more to go.

Miki how are you doing?

Reina...our new workout queen! Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Lady...good to hear that you are keeping busy and found a new motivation with WW. Let us know how that goes.

Well I'm off to start my day...have a great day

Cyan
Old 05-07-2003, 07:41 PM   #167  

Hi everyone,

Today I was very motivated and got a lot done...I planted 30 ferns and hostas in the backyard shade garden, cleaned out the shed, threw out some stuff in the basement, washed clothes and cleaned up the back porch. I also did very good eating...for breakfast I had a fruit salad lunch was a turkey pita and dinner was corn on the cob, hummus on rye crisp and some strawberries.
I really hope to make 125 by friday...I am motivating myself to keep making my weekly goals.

This week is very busy, Thursday is t-ball and science night at jimmy's school, Friday Jim comes home from london and it is the Boy scout ice cream social, Saturday afternoon is t-ball and a communion lunch we have to go to, Sunday is mother's day and i want to go to the lake house. I hope that even though I am busy I will not binge.

Cyan, I love your attitude even though you haven't lost since xmas you are living a healthier lifestyle.

Miki, how is the eating and exercise..remember i am on your shoulder.

reina, 6:30 a.m. ....I tried getting up earlier to go for a walk and just can not...I give you alot of credit.

Deana, sounds like your house is quieter now that the other children are gone.

Lisa, so happy to hear from you..good luck on the finals

Lady, let me know how you like weight watchers...two years ago I joined and did the points ( I sort of try to count points now)

I need to go and give the kids a bath. Hope to post on Thursday.
Old 05-07-2003, 10:16 PM   #168  

Hi everybody! I didnt post yesterday because I hated to put anything else negative on here and I still did terrible with my eating altho I did walk 3 miles.

Today is much better tho! I told Phil tonite that finally I am back in the motivated mode and feel really good. I did not overeat at all and walked 3 miles again tonite. The first mile we always carry a 3 lb weight in each hand. It takes us 45 min to do the total 3 miles. That's not too bad I guess. My workout tapes still arent in. I'm really ready to try them out.

Sounds like we've all gotten a renewed spirit all of a sudden and everyone is on track and working hard. I guess that's the key to it all....if we have a setback occasionally, that's ok ONLY if we get right back on track! (Im mainly talking to myself there) I know it feels great to be able to come here and honestly say I've done well. Been several days since I could do that.

Well, my legs are tired and I think I'm going to take a long bubble bath. That's something I rarely take time to do.

Miki
Old 05-08-2003, 09:07 AM   #169  
I will make it!

Angry Good Morning Ladies

Just a quick post

Tonight is badminton but my friend might not make it cause he says his legs hurt...I called him a wimp...so I hope he will show up!

I did lower back exercises last night to try easing the stiffness. I felt good immediately after but the stiffness came back..although not as bad.

Well thats it for now...good to hear that everyone is feeling good about weight loss!

Talk to you later

Cyan
Old 05-08-2003, 06:22 PM   #170  

Hello ladies,

Well, I have to say, I am still doing good this week, I haven't eaten out and I am still waking up at 6:30 am to work out. I woke up on Tuesday and went to work out, and THEY WERE CLOSED. They are only open early on Mon, Wed, & Friday. So I came home a did taebo!!!

So I will be working out late tonight, and late tomorrow, and I weigh in on Saturday morning and work out again on Saturday.

Sounds like everyone is getting back on track,

Debee, love the 10 commandments.

Cyan, sounds like you are loving the badmington

Miki, good to hear you are going back on the healthy wagon!!!

Lisa, Hooray, you lost 5 lbs and are seeing a trainer. YOU ROCK!

Taiwan, Congrats on the 1lb...

Keep it up ladies!!!!
Old 05-08-2003, 07:44 PM   #171  
SW164 CW138 24lbs to Goal

Hi Everyone!

Debee – I’m sorry to hear your mom and dad aren’t doing well. I like your list of commandments, they’re good ones. You are a motivation to me, thanks! So, I don’t know anything about hummus but I notice you eat it a lot. How do you prepare it?

Miki - I’m so glad you are motivated again! That walking is really going to help you firm up and lose. Keep up the good work!

Taiwan – Congratulations!!! 183 is a good goal. Lets see – you’re walking, drinking (water!) and not eating after 8 – you’re gonna lose that weight for sure! Adding swimming would be a great ides. Variety is the spice of life.. er… exercise you know.

Nurse Lisa! It’s so good to hear from you! Well! Not only are you doing great in school (I’ve been there, remember? And a B is great!) but you’ve got a personal trainer! Way to Go Girl! You are not only going to get thinner, you will be toned and healthier too. I’m so proud of you! Jump in whenever you can and keep us posted, ok?

Cyan – Badminton sounds like fun as well as a great work out. Forget that darn scale, the pounds will come off eventually. Meanwhile you are eating better than ever, in better cardio shape and I know you have to be losing inches. You are getting healthier and that was your original goal, right? Congratulations! You are succeeding!! By the way, those lower back exercises are a very good idea.

Reina – You Rock, Girl! Curves was closed?? After you got up so darn early and drove all the way over there! So you went home and did some Taebo, huh? That’ll show ‘em. NOTHING keeps this girl off her plan! Seriously, you are a truly a great role model and I’m proud of you.

Well ladies, I’m really liking this WW plan. Once I got the hang of budgeting points and munching on the 0 point foods between meals, I can stay on plan and not be hungry. You can eat a lot of strawberries, raspberries, cherries, etc for 0 points. Combine them with a big dollop of no fat cool whip topping and you have a yummy filling snack for 0 points. That means it’s free and you don’t even have to count it! For supper tonight I had a huge baked potato smothered in no fat sour cream and topped with chopped broccoli. It was really filling and delicious. Tomorrow I’m meeting Nancy for lunch with a friend of hers who recently had gastric bypass surgery. Nance has met her goal weight, so she’s a great role model for both of us and will help us choose the right foods. I’m still running 2 miles 4-5 days a week, but I haven’t measured myself for quite a while. I will weigh in and measure on Monday.

Lets all keep up the good work – Together we can do this!

Lady
Old 05-08-2003, 08:16 PM   #172  

Well ladies, I will admit and say that I started having a few extr carbs here and there and it ruined me!!! seriously, I am a carb addict. Though I still am at 188lbs, I want to be down at least 1lb on Monday for weighin. Guess I better get my behind in gear. STill drinking lots of water--about 3L a day!!!! though last night before bed I had to have something, so I had decaf coffee with Equal while my feet were in the foot bath/massage. My dh's early Mother's day gift to me:-) smart man. Of course he waits until I am done to use it. I am going to try a modified Atkins. I did that before, and lost 10lbs but didn't really stick with it. well, can't write a whole lot. I have been getting up at 7:30am, before the kids do and now it's after 8, so they are probably going to get up any minute. May go to the veggie mart today, not sure.
Have a great one ladies

Deana
Old 05-08-2003, 10:37 PM   #173  

Hello everyone

Had another good day eating wise today altho I didnt get a chance to walk. Went shopping with my sis after work instead and just now got home. It's after 9 pm and my feet are killing me. I figure we burned something being on our feet that long.

I am in a great mood today. I had gotten really down lately because of those stupid scales either sitting still or gradually going Upwards. There have been some days where I was even up to 6 lbs higher than 4 weeks ago. Anyway, this morning I weighed and was down to one lb less than what I was 4 weeks ago! I couldnt believe it. Of course, I'm not going to actually count it until tomorrow cuz my regular weigh-in is at 6:30 am every Friday. I feel good about it tho.

Ya know what I think happened? I honestly think keeping my calories around 1300 or so was too low for me. I did lose for several months then came to a standstill. Started walking and the weight even went up several lbs. Well, remember the binge I had this past weekend?? My calories were up alot from that and now I'm losing again!!! Now I'm not saying binging is a good thing...it definitely isnt...but raising those calories up then getting them back down yesterday evidently got the metabolism going again. Maybe I had gotten into that "starvation mode" before and that's why I had stopped losing altho I was exercising more than ever. I know I should have raised those calories with healthy foods rather than pecan pie and steak fingers but at least the calories seem to be burning again. And I'm once again over the junk food binge...for 2 days now I've been right on track with my eating.

I'll post tomorrow nite and give ya'll the real verdict of this week's weigh-in. I am so motivated again. Cant wait to get those workout tapes in!

Talk to ya'll later...

Miki
Old 05-09-2003, 11:21 AM   #174  

Hi ladies,

I am so happy to see everyone so motivated...I think it really helps when we are all so positive!

Today is my weigh-in and I am down to 126. I lost a pound from last week and although I did not make my goal of 125 I did lose!

What I did right this week.

1. I did a lot of chores that reaped a double reward - calories burned and things cleaned up.
2. Did not buy any junk food.
3. Ate breakfast almost every morning.
4. Started eating my turkey pita for lunch again.
5. Tried not to eat after 8.p.m.
6. Limited eating out.
7. Walked more
8. Drank alot of diet ice tea
9. Made my mind up that was going to get back to healthy eating and losing weight!
10. Planned meals ahead.

What I did not do well this week.

1. Once again no yoga.
2. Thursday night went out to dinner with the kids and ate alot of bread and butter but did take half of my meal home (broiled chicken, broccoli)
3. Get up eariler I am going to try to get up at 6:30 a.m. like reina (I usually wake up at 7 a.m.)

What I plan to do next week.

1. Yoga..no excuses
2. After walking to the bus stop, walk around the neighborhood once.
3. Start posting agian in Fitday food journal.
4. eat out only twice a week
5. No junk food when food shopping
6. Plan my meals ahead
7. no snacking after 8p.m.
8. Garden more..digging holes burns calories
9. Try to get a few moms at jake's pre-scool to walk once a week around a high school track.
10. Make my goal of 124 --two pounds lose--for the week and by June 18 make my goal of 115.

Lady, hummus is ground up chickpeas with spices, you can buy it already pre made and it is high in protien, low fat good as a dip or sandwich spread...try the roasted pepper one...yummy!

Miki, Reina, Cyan, Lady, Deana, Lisa, thank you for all motivating me this week. I love all of your positive attutides and it really helps me to achieve my goals. I know that in the next few weeks the popunds will be melting off!!!!
Old 05-09-2003, 11:24 PM   #175  

Hello everyone

Well, today was my official weigh-in day and finally I am actually excited to report the verdict. I am now at 200.5!! I got off and on again 6 times just to be sure. Since I started last October, the lowest I have been is 204. I am soooooooo close to finally getting into the ONES!!!! I just cant believe it.

Last nite after everyone else went to bed, I stayed up and cleaned house. Went to bed at 2 a.m. and got up at 7 a.m. I was off today but didnt want to spend it doing housework so got it done that way. At 7:30 am my sis and I walked our 3 miles and carried our weights with us for 2 of them. After that we swam in her pool for an hour or so. I just got home from my neice's 14th bday party and it's 10:20 pm. Needless to say, I am exhausted and I have to work tomorrow so I've got to head to bed now.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Miki
Old 05-10-2003, 06:34 AM   #176  

Default haven't weighed in but getting better...

I just painted my nails and am trying to type. Luke and Joshua are out, Josiah is sleeping (went to the beach this morning and his schedule is out of whack, should be an interesting night!!! )

Well, my "official" weigh in is Monday, but today I was still at 188lbs. Meaning if I dont' get my butt in gear I won't be 187lbs on Monday. I was bad and had a green bean shake (a Chinese thing, it's good really, very good). Walked 30min today and I may do some toning, or at least watch the dvd and then do some before bed.

Miki--YEAH!!!!!! it's a great feeling to get to that point isn't it? I remember how it felt when I hit 200lbs. It get even better. You go girl. Really, excercising like you are you don't need to watch alot of food (ok, not an excuse to go overboard, just eat healthy). Keep going!!!!

Debee--I like your lists. I will challenge you this week to not eat anything after 8pm--in? congrats on your 1lb, hey better than 1lb more right?

Hope the rest of you are having a great day. Happy Mother's Day to all.
Josiah is waking up. Motherhood calls

WILL BE 183lb by May 31st!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Old 05-10-2003, 10:24 PM   #177  

Hi Taiwan...thanks and yes it does feel great! I'm going to work extra hard this week to make it under that 200 mark. Havent exercised any today yet but hopefully I will get some in shortly. I rarely skip a day anymore but I probably should take a day off here and there to keep from burning out. Or at least change up what I'm doing occasionally. My tapes are still not in! When I get those, I may alternate between them and walking. Not sure tho..I may continue both because my sister and I really really enjoy our walks. That's our best visiting time.lol ( no kids, hubbys...just us) It's really nice.

Debee, your lists are a good idea. I bet they help keep you focused.

Lady, I got hooked on hummus too after Debee mentioning it several times. I got the roasted red pepper variety and ate it on crackers, fat free pringles, or on a flour tortilla with some grilled chicken and salsa..YUMMMY. Tastes a lot like bean dip to me. I'm aggravated tho...I found it at Walmart and bought it several times and all of a sudden, they dont carry it there anymore. I hate when they discontinue stuff I like! Gotta try to locate somewhere else to get it around here.

Reina, I've never tried taebo. Is it difficult to do? How was your weigh-in today?

Cyan, did your friend show up for badminton or did he prove he's really a wimp? I hope your back is feeling better today.

Lisa- staying at a hotel to study sounds like a good idea. Good luck Monday on those finals! And congrats on the B!! That's great. We all knew you'd do well. How cool to be working with a trainer...keep up the good work. I'll be thinking about ya Tues..let us know what you find out from the colonoscopy.(sp?)

Hope everyone has a happy Mother's Day (whether or not you're a mom..lol ) Looking forward to hearing from everyone soon.

Miki
Old 05-11-2003, 04:26 PM   #178  
I will make it!

Talking Happy Mothers Day

Happy Mothers Days to all you lovely Ladies.

You know...I'm the only one that is not a mother in this group...although I have furchildren! Hope that counts

Anyway, enjoying the remainder of my weekend.

Miki..my friend wimped out on thursday but we did play saturday! Hummus rocks...love that stuff...I also a big fan of tzatzkiki and babaganouch...spelling is probably wrong but the taste is right on!!

I am planning on cycling later on this evening and I have alreay finished with my upper body and lower back work out....yes..I'm still trying...gonna die trying...oh....get this...I still weigh the same but capri pants that were too tight last summer ...fit me! I can wear them without looking illegal in them So somthing is working.

Okay..I am off to get on that bike before it gets too late...later ladies and once again..Happy Mother's Day

cyan
Old 05-12-2003, 01:07 AM   #179  

Just a note as I am tired b/c Josiah started getting a stuffy nose last night and so we brought him to our room to sleep. Bad mistake. He is used to sleeping in his bed and tried to play in our bed til midnite. Finally put him in his room and said good night. Should've done that sooner.

Anyway, weighed in today, down one more pound--now at 187lbs. Though today and tomorrow will not be good eating days and had to have caffine at that. We have all day foster parent classes. Oh fun of sitting through lessons in Chinese (good thing I understand 85% of it). Only blonde hair/ blue eyed person in the building. Had to have temp take going in. Yesterday going to restaurant had to have antibacterial stuff sprayed on our hands and going to the movies we had to have temp taken. Never a dull moment!!!!
Old 05-12-2003, 10:54 AM   #180  

Happy Mother's Day!!!!!

I hope you all had a beautiful day yesterday!!!

I had a blast, I walked the Y-ME Breast Cancer Walk with my sister, 2 neices and of course, my boy!!!!
It was a beautiful event, and the spirit was so high, even though the winds were blowing at 35mph, and it was like 47 degrees out. I walked a total of about 5 miles in a little less than 2 hours!!!

We also raised as a team over $1500 to donate to such a worthy cause!!!!

I also weighed in on Saturday and was down 1.2 lbs!!!
I was happy at that. Waking up at 6:30 does really help!!!!

I am glad to hear about all the weightloss in this group this past week. I think motivation is kicking our butts....

Debee, sorry to hear that your parents aren't doing so good! I send you warm wishes that they feel better!! Also, keep up the good work!

Taiwan, Congrats on more weightloss!

Miki, I love Taebo, it was had at first, but you feel it in every muscle you have....

Lady, I am glad to hear that WW is working for you. Yes those 0 point foods are great for you! Keep up the good work!

Cyan, Sounds like you are really enjoying the badmington, and yoga, keep it up woman!!

Well, it is gonna be a busy week, so stay strong and motivated. Hope you all have a great week!
Closed Thread