Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 10:06 PM   #181  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Jo oh poor baby! I hope he will better soon!!!!
Old 04-18-2012, 07:18 AM   #182  

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Owner View Post
JO: Here's a poison ivy remedy DH swears by: "Grandma's Lye Soap" He purchases it at a local hardware shop in the city. I'm sure you could find some in your area. Lather it on the infected area and allow it to dry on the skin--DO NOT RINSE!
Going out looking for this today! Yesterday we used him as a human experiment. One ankle we used apple cider vinegar and the other hydrogen peroxide. Then on both we rubbed the inside of an aloe plant leaf. This morning the hydrogen peroxide side looks better, but still a little angry. So after his shower this morning, I am going to do both legs with rubbing alcohol and see how it looks tonight. Then, if I can find that lye soap, we will use that tonight after his shower.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:29 AM   #183  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
Yup, now I am size 4

I felt like a total tonight. We took our first self defense class...mirrors everywhere. -- There was this lady about my age who was probably 10 pounds lighter but carried her weight on her butt and thighs and she looked so pretty with her tiny waist and curvy hips. I looked like a barrel with skinny legs next to her, actually like Sponge Bob! I am no apple, I am Sponge Bob! I really need to start core training, otherwise I am always going to look funny.
Sponge Bob my @ss. I bet you looked hot, how many women were envying your lean muscular legs? IMO it is easier to hide a belly than the lower half anyways-I have to address both!
I hope you had fun despite the mirrors! How did DD like it?
Old 04-18-2012, 07:36 AM   #184  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Sum - I am betting you are being your own worst critic and looked awesome

Jo - Sorry, I am no help with poison ivy
Old 04-18-2012, 07:56 AM   #185  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Morning

I wore a yellow shirt last night, so I was dressed for my Sponge Bob part!! Hehe! But that will be my new way of describing my bodytype.

The class was good. He talked about how to scan your surroundings etc, the second half was more physical. DD liked it. She did karate some years back and now she says she misses it and once to start it again. I was impressed by her kicks. I think every young woman should take a class like that.

Hey Jo, did you take a shot of that hydrogen peroxide? -- Remember when that lady told me about it and giving us extra boost? I hope your DS gets more comfortable soon. What did he do? Just boy stuff through woods?

I am fasting till 1 pm today. I did well yesterday. I think I was done eating around 5 pm. My eating window was between noon and 5 pm. I am feeling much better now that I gave myself permission to take a calorie counting break. -- I will still log in my exercise. Yes Ma'am Krystal! This is my second week of doing upper body toning.

I am on a cleaning kind of mood. I cleaned the office yesterday. Now that taxes are done, I was able to file last year away. Today I will tackle our master bathroom. I am overdue to go through all drawers and cabinets.

Keeping myself busy!

Krystal Good luck today!!

Star!

Last edited by Sum38; 04-18-2012 at 07:58 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:42 AM   #186  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
I am on a cleaning kind of mood.
Hey Bob,
Need a Job?? Mine could be next!

(How could I resist NOT saying that?)
Old 04-18-2012, 10:57 AM   #187  
~Krystal~

ok, so I had a dream last night that the podiatrist came to my house and did this little toe operation in my bed! I asked him to do it as cost effectively as possible, b/c DH has been such a slacker with our insurance--basically, we have none! {{GREAT}}

So, as Dr. A was leaving, he said, "the best I can do is 1906."
I said, "Nineteen Hundred and Six Dollars!!!"
He replied, "No, Nineteen Dollars and six cents."

This had to be a dream, right??
What Dr makes housecalls to remove toenails--and if they did, please don't stop at my house!!!

My mom is coming down to take me--so sweet of her!!
I didn't know if I'd be able to drive or not.
I was supposed to work tomorrow night, but that is defo OUT!
I can't put a real shoe on for 2 days--at least.
I feel like I am doing something wrong by "calling in" to work, b/c I feel fine, just my toe doesn't feel fine & I know there is no way I can make it 13 hrs on my feet tomorrow.
I've only called in 1 time in the 8 yrs I've been at my job and it was b/c I wasn't in the city. I was literally 6 hours from home.
Any other time, people call in like mad, but my manager and I don't mesh well. Basically b/c I'm not her bish & won't allow them to treat me like a robot!

Food/weight wise:
I've GOT to get out of this house! Yesterday I ate over 2K cals worth of food!! WHY?? Boredom! Sheer boredom. Snacks--not really junky food, well if you consider popcorn and 3 small squares of chocolate "junk"--ok I did.
But, the rest of it was PB and apples, yogurt & cottage cheese--stuff like this.
Healthy food, just too much of it!!
And all I did was watch movies and do laundry--YUCK!!
I hate tv!
I miss my workouts. I miss lifting. I miss running.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:01 PM   #188  
~Krystal~

Surgery went well
No complications so far.
It is still numb, so I feel nothing.
The procedure I had done was identical to the one seen here in the Nashville YouTube vid!
I only felt 2 stings, which were not bad at all.
I didn't even feel when he initiated the needlestick, only the med when it was infusing
Old 04-18-2012, 04:24 PM   #189  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

so glad you had it taken care of and that it doesnt hurt for now hope the recovery is easy and painless

i spent an hour last night raking up the back yard with my teenager and we got it all done...still debating planting grass seed...people in the "know" here say to do a moss killer first although others say not to...and then fertilize with lime and then spray grass seed...they say not to till it up but the ground is so hard that i DO think i need to break it up a little bit..and they said no weed killer at the moment

also need to haul several large containers of dirt....that should be fun LOL *sarcasm* but i'm enjoying trying these new hobbies of mine

another morning here of running errands and going to the gym...another morning of a 5K walking on high incline at various fast speeds (fast for me anyhow)...

its 54 here today and sunny, which means its WARM for alaska LOL
Old 04-18-2012, 06:15 PM   #190  
Fat to Fab and Fit

I am so happy to hear that all went well Krystal!

I sponged off my master bath, master bedroom and hall incl. closet

I guess I am happy to be a sponge bob instead of an apple...making progress maybe the hourglass is just around the corner!
Old 04-18-2012, 06:32 PM   #191  

Quote:
I sponged off my master bath, master bedroom and hall incl. closet
Was this an intentional pun?
Old 04-18-2012, 06:46 PM   #192  

Krystal, glad all is well with you and your toe Glad it wasn't painful!!!

So I made the best of the day I could today. I gleaned a lot from everyone's posts yesterday: Sum was making the most of her situation and staying super positive, Krystal had to sit on her butt when all she really wanted was to workout, Alaskan and Star were getting a lot done,
soooooo I had a very productive day today, thinking about all of you!

I did my 70 min. walk and then got on the treadmill for a 3 mile run and THEN, I even did about 5 minutes of rowing!!! The rowing doesn't sound like much, but my arms were on fire, and I had to take about half the weight off from before I hurt my tailbone-boo hoo. Going to have to work back up with that. On a good note, it did not bother my tailbone, yay! Will have to try biking next to see how that feels.
Then I did laundry, vacuuming, cooking (stuffed mushrooms, cheesy broccoli soup, salad dressing, greek yogurt, frozen yogurt), ran a couple errands and am just now sitting down, phew!
So thank you to all of you for motivating me to be the best me I could be today!
I am going to try to get in double workouts the rest of this week, meaning doing at least 2 things like a walk and run or walk and elliptical or run and rowing, etc.
Gotta get the scale moving again!!! And my attitude is so much better with exercise. Pending TOM can kiss it.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:04 PM   #193  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomatho View Post
Was this an intentional pun?
Absolutely!!
Old 04-18-2012, 08:59 PM   #194  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Jo proud of you we are in this together
Old 04-18-2012, 09:01 PM   #195  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Bikinis expose 90% of the woman's body, but men are classy enough to look at only 10% that is covered!
Closed Thread