Old 02-11-2011, 09:34 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 270/ 261 /220

Height: 5'10"

My wife an I love WW, I started the on line program 1 week for free and my wife signed up for 3 months. We also ordered the book for the points for when we are off the 3 month program. I did lose 4+ lbs in the last week and a half, even after the superbowl, I will keep you gals posted weekly. I will try to fix my ticker later.

Last edited by LEATHERMAN; 02-12-2011 at 05:46 AM.
LEATHERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 01:58 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Well the band that our Eagle Riders group had tonight was great, we had a super turnout, started selling our raffle tickets for the 2011 Heritage Softtail and sold 200 of them tonight so that was a great start

Aaron that is great you are doing a super job on WW is your wife doing as good? Are you two motivating each other?

Well I suppose I should head to bed have alot of house cleaning to do tomorrow
ChopperChick355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 10:26 AM   #108  

Hi gals. Yes my wife has lost 2-3 lbs also.
Old 02-13-2011, 05:01 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 180/178/150

Height: 5'2

Sorry I have been gone awhile.

Our Super bowl Sunday Party was a success. Lotts of food & about 15 people in the house. At the last minute DH & I decided to buy a new TV. We put it in the dinning for the party & it will be moved into the spare bedroom after DH decides where & how he is going to hang it.

On Wed. we desided to go to Chicago for the weekend. DS stayed home by himself. It was a great weekend. My legs are very sore from all the walking we had done. We parked the jeep at the airport & took the L (train) everywhere. 2 nites in a row we spent $150 on dinner. The food & service was great but wow its expencive to eat there. Sat. morning we both a small caramel mocha, I got a fruit & yogurt & he just got fruit & it cost us $17. We crammed alot of stuff in yesterday- shoping downtown. I felt very under dressed. Most of the stores & shopping centers were high end. DH did say that I could buy something so I could didnt feel so out of place, he said that he knew whatever I bought I would use for work. I didnt buy anything. After shoping we went to the John Hancock building, it took the elevator 40 seconds to go from the bottem to the top. Our ears popped a few times going up & down it. I need to upload pictures of our trip then I will post a link to the pictures. We even hit the car show but by the time we got there we were pretty tired & only walked half of it before calling it quits. I did break down & bought $20 of fudge. DH knows that fudge is my downfall. He pointed it out to me but I walked past it cuz I didnt want to wait in line, then when we were walking out he saw another fudge stand without a line.

We left Chicago early this morning so we could make it to my daycare boys BDay party. At 1st he was being shy but that didnt last long. He sat next to me when we ate & had to give me all the wrapping paper from his gifts. I tried not to over eat too much this weekend, hopefuly I did not gain too much over the weekend.
tymaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:07 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 180/178/150

Height: 5'2

Link to the weekend pictures This is just a few of them. Hope you all had a great weekend
tymaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:38 AM   #111  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hello chicks, we are back from our weekend in OH and it sounds crazy but it was a party worth driving 1600 miles in a weekend tymaboy, Chicago must have been great, I will check out the pics tonight Reda, congrats on the step class but OMG you must have been working hard!! good for you for sticking thru it ! Aaron, congrats on being down!!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:26 PM   #112  

Hello Everyone

Sounds like your trip was fun and well worth the drive- glad to hear you made it home safe

Tymaboy I have tried to check your picutes out but not letting me???

We are having great weather again today it is like upper 40's and the next 2 days it is going to reach 60- so hopefully all the ice in our driveway will melt away ---- I am hoping by Wednesday that we can take the bike out if our driveway allows for it - it is gravel under the ice....
Old 02-16-2011, 12:12 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 310/ticker/150

Default I'm ba-ack!

My sleep study was done last night. I slept like a baby! The technician said that she wasn’t allowed to say if I would be getting a CPAP machine, because everything had to be evaluated. Then she said “but, when you get your machine—you will just love the results!” I slept for 2 hours without the mask and machine, and the rest of the time with the getup on. They had leads, and wires ran all over me! Goop on my head, sensors up my nose, wires wrapped around my waist, above by chest, on my face! I was a real “looker” I tell you! The goo on my head was like caulk! I didn’t think I would ever get it out in the shower! This morning I feel pretty good. I'm hoping for excellent news, and good results to follow!

DH is having a huge mental issue with driving the semi since his accident. Took himself out of service, and have an appiontment for counseling. Hope he gets somewhere! QUICK! He's pretty down in the dumps and has a history of self-destructive behaviors. Still having aches and pains might be wearing on him too! Starting to get garbage in the mail because of the medical bills. 100% the other guys fault, but no bills have been paid yet! We get the nasty notes that they will be turning us into collection! Just great!

Sounds like you all have been busy traveling and partying! That's great! Spring is on it's way soon--I've heard about a lot of Robin's (the bird) in the
area, but haven't seen one for myself yet! That is always a good sign in Wisconsin! Our camper still hasn't made it off the ice (too slippery!), to get cleaned out for the trade we were hoping was going to take place this weekend. DH is going to try getting the cycle put up for consignment. It's a beautiful bike, but I think I will be happy selling. I don't mind riding the Harley, and prefer riding on back when going with DH instead of taking my own. I ride for safety and do what I can do SAFE. DH is kind of an instigator, and has belittled me if I don't keep up in a group. The group ALWAYS sides with me!

Hope you are all doing well--
2times2much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:43 PM   #114  

Colleen happy to hear that your sleep study went well and hopefully it will all be good news- sorry to hear about DH - not only are bills rolling in for something not your fault but now DH is not working either. Hope you get to swap out your camper out this weekend - good luck with that and selling the bike.

Well I have been faithfully going to the gym every night after work and doing an hour long class everyday is something different but when I get back from Mardi Gras I will be doing a six week program with a trainer, so hope that all goes well. Class got done at 6:30 then off to bowling I went and won 2 of my 3 games even though my legs and arms felt like jello

Well I suppose off to work looking at another convience store to buy today- need to have my final assessment today ......
Old 02-17-2011, 05:02 PM   #115  
Biker Chick!

Hey chicks! and Aaron

Colleen, lol @ your description of the wires and gook! but I'm so happy for you if the machine helps. Real sorry to hear of DH's doubts, I guess its a form of Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome isn't it. Hopefully it will just take time for him to regain confidence. Sux about the bills coming to you, though, and the crappy "collections" threats!

Reda, WTG on an hour long class each day and best wishes on the store!!

I didn't work out on the three day weekend, but did the day before and the day I got back, and each day since then.

We had sun and 45 degrees today!! man it was nice. Just a tease but great.

Oh, this is sad, yesterday I learned the husband of one of our Fire Dept. ladies passed from cancer, it was known to be terminal but still sad. He was a very nice man. And i just read in the paper today that a guy I know, just from doing errands around town, passed from cancer. I barely knew his name but he was a polite, pleasant person. Life seems very unfair sometimes

and my good news, I *think* I might be feeling like myself again. Woo-hoo!!!! It's about dang time!! Joe's accident came at just the beginning of my usual fall/winter depression and it was just a doozy (as you know from me crying to you all ) I can just tell, from the longer days that the 'shift' has started. thank goodness!!!! Now I can get excited about bikes again.

AND more good news - DH said, regarding his stiff/painful shoulder, "when riding season comes, I don't know how I'm going to get in and out of my leather jacket'. Which sounds like a problem but **** I'm so glad he's talking like he is going to be riding! We'll work on his shoulder somehow.

Hi Aaron, tymaboy and Tammy!!!
Old 02-18-2011, 09:56 AM   #116  

S/C/G: 310/ticker/150

Holly, glad you are feeling a hint better, as it is getting close to Spring, rather than the normal winter downers. I don't spend much time outside, but the weather DOES have an effect on us all I'm pretty sure. There is no doubt in my mind that you are creative enough to manage to get a leather jacket on DH somehow! It might take some baby oil and scissors, but I'm sure you will get it on him if it means a motorcycle outing!!

Reda, you sound like you are doing great on the excercise deal! Good for you!

Dawn, How is the job going? Ever get out of the snow?

Tammy, You must be working like crazy--haven't heard much from you! Thanks for asking about my job--still waiting. Boss is going in for questioning next week.

Aaron, Glad WW is working good for you and your wife. I think it's great that you are both on the same program. That has to make it a little easier to follow!

Hi to the newcomers. What's on your mind?

Here is some great medical information that I live by. Enjoy.

I LOVE THIS DOCTOR (Asian)

Q: Doctor, I've heard that cardiovascular exercise can prolong life. Is this true?
A: Your heart only good for so many beats, and that it... Don't waste on exercise. Everything wear out eventually. Speeding up heart not make you live longer; it like saying you extend life of car by driving faster. Want to live longer? Take nap.

Q: Should I reduce my alcohol intake?
A: No, not at all. Wine made from fruit. Brandy is distilled wine, that mean they take water out of fruity bit so you get even more of goodness that way. Beer also made of grain. Bottom up!

Q: How can I calculate my body/fat ratio?
A: Well, if you have body and you have fat, your ratio one to one. If you have two bodies, your ratio two to one, etc.

Q: What are some of the advantages of participating in a regular exercise program?
A: Can't think of single one, sorry. My philosophy is: No pain...good!

Q: Aren't fried foods bad for you?
A: YOU NOT LISTENING! Food are fried these day in vegetable oil. In fact, they permeated by it. How could getting more vegetable be bad for you?!?

Q: Will sit-ups help prevent me from getting a little soft around the middle?
A: Definitely not! When you exercise muscle, it get bigger. You should only be doing sit-up if you want bigger stomach.

Q: Is chocolate bad for me?
A: Are you crazy?!? HEL-LO-O!! Cocoa bean! Another vegetable! It best feel-good food around!

Q: Is swimming good for your figure?
A: If swimming good for your figure, explain whale to me..

Q: Is getting in shape important for my lifestyle?
A: Hey! 'Round' is shape!
Well... I hope this has cleared up any misconceptions you may have had about food and diets.

And remember:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"

AND.....

For those of you who watch what you eat, here's the final word on nutrition and health. It's a relief to know the truth after all those conflicting nutritional studies.

1. The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

3. The Chinese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

4. The Italians drink a lot of red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans..

5. The Germans drink a lot of beer and eat lots of sausages and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
CONCLUSION: Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is apparently what kills you.
2times2much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 05:59 PM   #117  

Hi Gals. It is weigh in #2, I have a new scale, old scale read 258-259, and new scale read 262.2. I have lost 5-7lbs in the last 2 weeks. I will go by my new scale from now on. I wish it was more but I don't want to lose it to fast and gain it all back. The diet is going good and I think I can stay on it, and I will be able to eat like this after the weight is lost. My new goal is to have a loss of 20lbs by april 1. This next week will be hard I will be out of town for 3 days, but I am planing to stay on it all but 1 day.

Last edited by LEATHERMAN; 02-18-2011 at 08:29 PM.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:11 PM   #118  
Biker Chick!

congrats Aaron! finding a way to eat sensibly for life is great!!

Colleen -

oh and hey, Wisconsin is rockin the news lately!
Old 02-20-2011, 09:02 AM   #119  
Biker Chick!

hey everyone My eating has been stink-o but I keep up with the workouts.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:59 AM   #120  

Hi gals. Holly yes Wisconsin is on the news. I lost 3.8lbs from friday. I weighed in today and I was down to 257.6 WOW. I hope it stays off. I will weigh again tomarrow, and thursday after I get back in town. Talk later.