3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Old 01-13-2011, 12:37 PM   #46

S/C/G: 270/ 261 /220

Height: 5'10"

Hi everyone. Holly. I wish that there was something we could do for you and your family. Things have a way of working out. You can vent on us, we can take it. Holly the sun came out and warmed up to about 50, the leather warmed up in the sun, but it was still cold.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:18 PM   #47
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/149/145

Height: 5' 6"

Thanks, Aaron. I wish you could have known me before this stuff happened, I sure wasn't such a sad sack then.

My program - Watching portions and trying to avoid empty carbs; at-home workouts
My motorcycle - '04 Honda VTX 1300C. Candy Apple Red!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:48 PM   #48

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Oh Holly you are not a Sad Sack you are just going through a rough patch right now and understandibly (?) and besides thats what we are here for each other to vent when your significant other is the problem or just doesn't understand the problem ..... Again maybe your event coming up hanging with all your biker friends will make him really think about things- could be a possiblility Don't take this wrong Aaron but most guys when they are sick or hurt it seems to be twice as bad as when we are sick or hurt - that is in most cases anyways but I do know some women that are real big babies as well but usually it is the guys

Wow Aaron 50 degrees I thought we had a heat wave today with 15 degrees and NO wind

Well I am going to go get on treadmil right now so have a Great TGIF
Oh and thanks goodness it is Friday
ChopperChick355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:34 PM   #49

Reda I have the same temps you have, the ride was back in November. Yes we hurt more than you gals, hahaha
Old 01-15-2011, 11:14 PM   #50

Well pretty uneventful day today- we went shopping at the Harley shop today and found a Denim White Street Glide that I like and they also had a Black Denim Street Glide that DH is thinking that he likes so maybe when we get back from our trip we may have 2 new bikes instead of 1........
Stopped by the consignment shop that sells our bikes for us and he said to bring mine in right away but now we won't be able to have it there until we get back but hopefully since he is wanting it right away that it will sell quickly

On a bright side I did find some shorts today for a $1 a pair and they are even brand new - whoooo hooo what a buy before the trip as well

Well I suppose should get started on laundry since we messed around all day - Hope everyone is having a great weekend
Old 01-16-2011, 10:13 AM   #51
Biker Chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEATHERMAN View Post
Reda I have the same temps you have, the ride was back in November. Yes we hurt more than you gals, hahaha

Reda, woohoo on bike shopping!!!

I'm in a better mood thank goodness. However I've been having pain in my left knee...2 friends from our biker site have been trying to help; one is giving advice because he's had ortho problems; the other is a registered nurse so I think I"m listening to him..comes down to I have to stop the Step routines..I've been modifying my workouts so there is little or NO impact, but it's hard for me to keep the cardio aspect without much foot movement - anyone have any suggestions? I've been trying to keep heart rate up by holding one pound weights and doing lots of arm movement.

well thanks AGAIN my friends for being here for me!!!

My program - Watching portions and trying to avoid empty carbs; at-home workouts
Old 01-16-2011, 04:59 PM   #52

Glad to hear you are in a better mood it sure does make your day go by much better

Ya giving up some of that impact on your knee will help out but ya what to do to get and keep your heart rate up- Using weights as you already do - I know when I do the hoola hoop on the Wii (advanced) it gets and keeps the heart rate up and is blunt impact on the knee- Hoola Hoop is on the Wii Fitness disc- do you have a Wii? I have started added step aerobics into my routine this last week - going good so far
Oh just came to me how about bicycle rows without the bike -sit on a chair or the floor - just another thought

Ok well I do have tomorrow off but I am working for a couple of hours today so off I go - hope everyone is having a great weekend

Hi Tammy, Colleen, Aaron, Tymaboy
Old 01-17-2011, 11:18 AM   #53

S/C/G: 310/ticker/150

What is all this I read of being in a bad mood, and feeling icky...? I thought that was just reserved for our house! I've been doctoring with a pinched nerve in my back/shoulder that has radiated down my arm and hand. Chiropractor can usually put me back in good shape. This time it's worse. I've got an appointment with a surgeon next week. I was hoping it would get better by then. Next month I have a sleep study scheduled. 2011 will be the year of the doctor! DH is still having head aches and back aches from his accident, but is insistant on staying on full time at work. Stubborn man!

Aaron, where in WI are you located? I am in SW WI. Snowing like crazy right now! Looking at temps around ZERO this week. Brrrr!

DH turns 50 this week! Future DDIL planned a surprise party for him. It was great! Packers won the football game (we had a TV there too), good Friends, Family and Fun! He was very surprised! A good friend made an awesome German Chocolate cake from scratch for him with a hill, where we put a replica of his semi-truck on a crushed Oreo cookie road, with lots of signs. One saying "Over the hill, and picking up speed!". Very cute.

Hope you are all hanging in there, jobs going okay, and diets not weighing you down too bad (pun intended!). Take care.

to get back to where I was when I gave up... then it's a new goal... 10 pounds a month.
2times2much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:25 AM   #54

Hi gals. I live in NW WI. Holly I am glad you are in a better mood, I would walk. I think if you walk up hills or with weights you could get a good work out and save the knees. I think sore/bad knees hurt more then any other body part. I used an old exercise bike a few years ago, I turned the resistance down to 0 and went as fast as I could and boy did I sweat. Reda 10 days to cancun, sun and sand, and I hope a few good drinks. Well I was going to change my ticker, but I want to hold of and go 5 lbs, and I am not there yet.

Last edited by LEATHERMAN; 01-17-2011 at 11:28 AM.
LEATHERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:57 PM   #55

S/C/G: 180/178/150

Height: 5'2

Hello everyone. Sorry I haven't been around much. I can't believe how tired I am after work. I didn't think I would be since it is a desk job & I was used to do childcare before which was more active. All I have been doing is online training with test afterwards. That makes for a long day when that is all your doing for 8 hours everyday. Tomorrow we go to nicc (the college) for additional training. I am hoping that it is more exciting then what we have been doing. It sounds like when we get back into the office then we will shadow someone for a few weeks before being able to do any work ourselves. I have been doing well eating while I am at work. On Friday I had to munch threw out the day cuz my blood levels got off & munching was the only way I could keep from having the shakes all day. I knew that it was coming since I had not ate the best the last few months due to the holidays. Before I changed the way I ate every 1-3 months I would get shaky like that. I did the test where I had to drink the syrup but it said I was fine, the dr told me to keep checking my numbers when I feel like that.

I went shopping with dh the other day. I was looking for a few more pairs of pants for work. I bought another pair of size 6! I tried on a few different brands & all the size 8s that I tried were too big. I tried a size 4 in one, I got them closed & they did not feel tight but they looked tight. I think I maybe officially in a 6 now! I hope I can keep it up & not revert back to old ways.
tymaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:07 AM   #56

Hello All

Well making it quick just got home but hey I won all 3 of my bowling games tonight

Tymaboy what kind of work will you be doing again that you have to go through this many weeks of training? Just curious......

Colleen I hope you can talk you DH into seeing a DR just to make sure it isnt something serious- hope that you can get your stuff figured out as well I know when you are not feeling a 100% it sure does affect the weight loss as well

Well only 3 days left before we leave but I will think of everyone
Old 01-19-2011, 09:32 AM   #57
Biker Chick!

Good morning everyone

Colleen sorry about the pinched nerve! and good luck with the surgeon appt. That was a real nice party for your DH and cute cake idea.

tymaboy - congrats on being an official size 6!!

Aaron - thanks for the advice...unfortunately too snowy/icy now to walk outside. Hope you get to move your ticker soon

Reda - tell me, what would you say a bicycle row is? either on the floor or chair. We do have a Wii, DH bought it way back in summer and it is still sitting on the floor in the exact same place . Hula hooping sounds fun, lol. And yay for you, almost time for sun and sand

Hi Tammy!

Old 01-19-2011, 12:10 PM   #58

S/C/G: 310/ticker/150

Wednesday...Half way through the week! Seems like FOREVER! Slow days make time drag out even longer!

I need a project to keep my mind busy. Nothing going on in the near future. I love to fiddle, tinker, and plan stuff. Anyone got anything going on that they need help with? I don't really want to get another job, or to volunteer somewhere. I just want to keep my MIND busy! If I don't have something going I eat.

Reda, I hope you have a great vacation! Soak up some sun, and relax! That sounds wonderful! Temps around here are to be near 0 this week. ICK!

DH is willing to back to the doctor on Friday when he gets home. The accident is causing him more aches and pains now than what it did to begin with! I would have stayed off work for a bit. He's stubborn though! (I'm not--nope--not me!)

With aches and pains I don't feel like my normal self. I just can't come up with anything fun or entertaining for you guys! Something has got to liven up around me soon. If not--I'm gonna take the afternoon off and crawl right back into bed!

to get back to where I was when I gave up... then it's a new goal... 10 pounds a month.
2times2much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:42 PM   #59
Biker Chick!

Colleen you are always entertaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2times2much View Post
Anyone got anything going on that they need help with? I don't really want to get another job, or to volunteer somewhere. I just want to keep my MIND busy!
Colleen, do you like to decorate, plan rooms? What if I gave you the dimensions of our tiny living room.. I have absolutely positively NO sense of decorating. And DH is worse because he buys junk from Big Lots, like pressed-board lamp tables that look like crap! I would gladly ditch everything in this room, except we have to keep the direct vent heater, and the wooden console the boys just bought us. But if i gave you the dimensions and doorways and where windows were, would you come up with some thoughts?

Today I tackled a horrible area here....it was the eating area (can't call it a 'dining room', too small) table, both on top AND underneath, it was shameful the thick dust and dog hair that was covering the assorted 'everything' underneath (all DH's stuff) and all the piles of stuff he had on top, along with the computer, all the stupid wires..I started refusing to vacuum under there a couple years ago when I knew he made no move to pick up his stuff..I found empty envelopes dated 2009 and grocery store receipts from 2006..WTF?!

There are still MANY areas but at least I got one done. Two huge garbage bags. Hey last week I also got two big garbage bags of clutter out, but I forget from where?!

Plus I straightened up some bookcases that, from where I sit here, always looked awful. I did throw out a bunch of stuff that hopefully my brain-damaged husband won't ever miss Oh and just to relieve any anxiety, I also had boxes of stuff to donate, instead of throwing out.

I don't expect these areas to stay good, just because I have three influences (husband and 2 sons) working against me but for now it is a good feeling!!

I had only today off this week because Boss let me take off last Saturday for the Harley Raffle? so I have to 'make it up'.

Oh and I found out that 'he payed us for Christmas Day' - yet I didn't get paid for coming in on my day off that week! He is so effed-up.

well I didn't mean to get negative, I actually had a good day off, even though it was filled with cleaning, trashing, dumping.

Last edited by VermontMom; 01-19-2011 at 08:44 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:14 AM   #60
Biker Chick!

me again I spent a couple days emailing with someone in VT on Craig's list about a bike...got to the point last night when i emailed and asked if i could arrange to come sit on it, because it sounded very very good to me? not even 6 minutes later, he emailed and said someone contacted him, and its sold.

I cant tell you how disappointed I was!!! well yes I will tell you I bawled like a stupid baby.

maybe I should have said i;d buy it too but how can you buy a bike witout at least sitting on it????