Height: 5'5ish

dreemz..i heard shea butter is good for those
Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 08:37 PM   #302  
Exercise is an addiction!

S/C/G: 208.8/ticker when allowed/155

Height: 5'6"

Good evening everyone!!

Well, tonight is my LAST night of Detox (fat smash) and I'm sooooo ready for a piece of turkey wing and Cheerios (I probably said that this morning but you just don't know..lol)

Cake~ I liked WW when I did it about 3.5 years ago. I lost about 25 pounds maybe a couple more over 5 months. I don't know why but my weight loss was just so slow while my sister lost 50 pounds in the same amount of time. I think I was eating TOO many of those 100 calorie snacks and not nearly enough fruits and veggies. To top it off, my morning leader was amazing but when I graduated I had to change to mornings and that leader put me to sleep! It's an awesome program because there is NO limit to the kinds of food you can eat, you just have to monitor portions. Losing 50 pounds is AWESOME. Are you thinking about becoming a leader when you reach your goal?? You will really have a story to tell and that's what the people starting out want to hear. People want to know that it can actually be done!!

Brit~ OMG honey, you have really transformed!! You are beautiful honey, you can definitely tell a MAJOR difference!!!!!!! What plan are you doing and how long have you been doing it?

Does anyone else use a body bugg?

Another question: what am I supposed to do with my hair??? It is dripping wet with sweat everyday that I exercise (6 days a week) and I don't know what to do with it. I made an appt to have it braided March 27th. Any other suggestions or thoughts on what I should do with it until then???

Hope EVERYONE is having a great week!!!
PrettyPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:14 PM   #303  

S/C/G: 285/247/172

Height: 5'7

Beautiful ladies...

Just joined and wanted to say hello.... After being obese my entire life, I am ready for something new... I decided 2010 was that year, not only have a made a commitment to reach my goal weight, I am also transitioning to natural hair (relaxer free since September woop! woop!) Anywho back on subject been browsing this site for a few days and I love it!

Proud to say I have lost 10lbs since January 8th and that's with NO exercise, I know I need to get back on my workout routine but my I'm in pharmacy school and my schedule is no joke Still that's no excuse...

My first goal is to get down to 230 by May 8th. Pray for me.

Also (How do I change my signature). Look forward to meeting everyone!

Last edited by Chunkymunky; 02-23-2010 at 10:15 PM.
Chunkymunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:11 AM   #304  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

Hey ya'll. I'm here. Last day before I get new flex points ...Thank tha Lawd! Hitting the gym this afternoon and that's about it for me.

Chunky - Welcome! You can edit your siggy by going to "UserCP" in the purple strip at the top. THen on the left click "Edit Signature". You can have a ticker though until after 20 days and 20 posts I think.

Pretty - It took me a year to lose 50 pounds. I was slow too. But I didn't really care how slow I lost as long as I lost because I knew I wasn't going back ya know. Took me a while to come to that realization. I would frustrated and envious of faster losers. But everyone is different and I am happy with my progress. BTW the i did Fat Smash on WW's for a spell. I just counted the points. I think I like that there is NO limit for two reasons: (1) I don't feel like I am on a diet but controlling how much and what and (2) if I am on diet and then come off, how do live without the diet. I would only be used to following a "meal plan" and I am scared I would not adjust or something. ANyway I am by no means trying to push you on way or the other its just my experience Glad you made it thru detox! That is definitely the hard part. Wait till you hit the scale!

Brit - Uhm girl you look awesome. What a transformation!
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 03:54 PM   #305  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Hello Chicks!

dreem- I dont really believe in all that stuff about strech marks lol Im fine with mine anyway I just want to shed some lbs.

Brit- Ive been doing what you do with the no carbs in the evening and so far its going great. Carbs always make me gain anyway so I need to eat them early on. Hopefully I see some good results come month end.

Ppearls- OMG hair something we have talked about so often lol I like braids or my wig. my natural hair is pretty long but Im a weave queen I love wearing fake hair.

Cake- keep up the great work, running is so cool I just have to be head strong to get going lol

Chunkymonkey-welcome and yes you have to be a member and post often to get a signature!!!!
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:42 PM   #306  
MindBodySpirit Health

S/C/G: 246/216/186

Height: 5'4"

PrettyPearls - I live in braids when I'm on my losing weight kick. I'm actually about to get some put in again very soon as well. It's very low maintenance and it's better at hiding my new growth when it comes in cause girl....I got some thick and kinky stuff on my head! LOL!

Brit - Girl you are rockin!!! You look sooooo good! I've never been able to wear the belts around my waist like that because my hips are always too chunky! It's all good though...that will change soon! Keep it up!

Chunkymunky - Welcome! This is a great thread. You'll love it here.

CakeBatter - I couldn't help but laugh when you called your 6 thin mints and 12 doritos a binge because girl that's a small snack for me! 30 and a large bag would have been a binge for me lol! I am just too greedy. I need to get it under control.

Today I did P90X Core Synergistics. It was about 58 minutes long and friggin tough! I'm stiff already, but it felt good. I had beef stir fry for dinner (no rice) and now I can relax for the rest of the evening. I'm trying to suppress my obsession of wanting to weigh everyday because I know seeing those weight fluctuations will drive me crazy.

Do you ladies weigh everyday? If so, how do you cope with the fluctuations (if you fluctuate at all)?
angieaang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:06 PM   #307  

Hi All!!

It's getting late and I don't have a lot of time to post but I wanted to give you guys an update.
I got on the scale this morning after finishing my 9 days of Detox and I'm down 8.8 pounds!! I was very shocked!! I've followed plan to a T and exercised my butt off for them! Today I took it light and only did 10 minutes on the eliptical and walked 32 minutes at lunch. I wanted to get on the eliptical again tonight but I'm kinda sleepy and think I'm just going to hit the sack and start fresh tomorrow.

Matilda, I just started wearing weave about 2 months ago but I find it's a little more maintenance than I want to deal with right now. I think I'm going to go for easy and do the braids. If I can tolerate them long enough maybe all this relaxer will grow out and I can go natural. How long does that process take?? Maybe Cake will have to educate me.

Angie, my son has the P90X and loves it. I'm waiting to get it when he is done. Maybe by then I will be ready for it.
I think its amazing that you were able to complete 58 minutes of it!!

Cake, any advice on going natural?? I love the pics of your natural hair. I have not relaxed mine in about 12 weeks or so and am going to try going without relaxing. What are those sistalocks?? and I don't have to cut all of my hair off to lock?? My hair is a little longer than shoulder length right now and I don't know if I can cut it all off to go natural. Oh, 50 pounds over a year is awesome!! That's the way to lose weight so you know it's gone for good! I'm not in a rush to lose it. It took me a couple years to gain it so I have time to get rid of it.

Welcome Chunky! You are going to love it here. I wish I knew about this site years ago when I was attempting to lose weight. I find the support here is amazing and I love this particular thread!!
Old 02-25-2010, 01:57 AM   #308  
Carpe Diem

S/C/G: 188/188/130

Height: 5'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit View Post
dreemz..i heard shea butter is good for those
Thankss!! I heard about shea butter too. but it takes sooo long =[ I guess I have to be patient. Anyways STILL awaiting my 30ds =/
dreemsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:08 AM   #309  

Ya;ll I must admit I love this site and yes, particularly this thread. It does help keep motivated and commited. I can look here for support when I going down or for enthusiam when I am up. Things people who are weight concious just don't give an eff about. So I have WI today and I am excited and a lil nervous even though I am pretty sure I am down. Wish me luck.

Pearls I read your post about losing almost 9 pounds and I am all excited. When I got the part about your WL I was like "yessss!". You did it. / Sisterlock are tiny dreadlocks. I have been reaelly thinking about them but now that my hair is getting length and what not I am not quite as anxious. When I braid my hair (which I do often) I totally miss my hair. I like messing with it. Sooooo needless to say I will be holding off. And I am changing my avi tonight cause I am really feeling my "wash-n-go" puff. / Okay I now this getting long...sowwy. I started with a short asymmetrical bob. Oh yeah and it was hot pink lol. I pretty much transitioned in braids. I too was not going for the TWA look. So I slowly clipped my relaxed ends off as my hair grew. I stayed at the same length for a while due to this. Then I finally go tired and cut the last two inches off. I followed the Crown and Glory method to take care of my braids ( I still do) and it really helped my hair to flourish. It simply gives you a guideline to keep your hair moisturized and manageable while in braids. Sometimes ppl neglect their hair in weaves in braids. And you can ask me anything as you can I see love hair, fitness oh and partying!!! I will talk to to death about those subjects

Angie Girl me too! I live in braids. I love the low maintanence! ANd uhm 58 minutes, daaaaaayum! That is tuff. I need to invest in the 30DS. ANd don'tbe laughing at me I was sad about those thin mints and doritos....LOL I shouldn't ate em!

Matilda How is everything coming along?

Dreemz I second Brit Shea is great for everything. Skin and Hair. You can also mix some vitamin E oil in with the Shea (100% raw). Vitamin E is also good.

Last edited by CakeBatter; 02-25-2010 at 07:19 AM.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:25 AM   #310  
No more +sizes

Good day everyone I've been MIA a couple of days but been on plan.

I tried on my "dress" today and it's starting to hang like I want it to. I was feeling pretty good. It should be fitting real good (no rolls showing) by my hubby's birthday!!! I didn't tell him I'm going to show him!!! I've been working out twice a day to get in it. Today I will be only doing 30 day shred. Still eating on plan and looking forward to my measuring day!!

Matilda - I love my fake hair too, I usually do lace fronts/no glue. I'm working on letting mine grow out so I can wear it every once in a while. Glad the no carb thing is working for you. I think I'm getting on that band wagon. Maybe the inches will come off faster.

Cake - You know you are my running hero. I'm getting better. Yesterday I got over a 1/2 mile. Only by a little but it was more nevertheless. How did the WI go??

Chunky - Welcome. Jump in and have some fun.

Brit - Keep doing it girl and before long the dreadhead cutie won't be ready for all the competition.
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:45 AM   #311  

Jiggle So proud Grasshopper....so proud! lol No seriously though that is awesome! ANd the dress! I can't wait to see the pics. WI tonite...
Old 02-25-2010, 10:21 AM   #312  
MindBodySpirit Health

S/C/G: 246/216/186

Cake - good luck on your WI tonight!! I'm sure you'll be down and you'll see that those treats will have had NO impact.

Pearls - WOW!! Congratulations!!! That is awesome!! Detox can be tough to stick to but you showed and proved. Good for you!

Jiggle - That is so great! I have a dress in my closet (a size 6) that I hang as my centerpiece to provide me with motivation to get back in it. Yes, I can't believe a size 6 dress actually fit me at one minute (literally lol) of my life. Make sure you take some pictures!!

Yes ladies that P90X was tough and I did stick with it for the full 58 minutes. I did, however, have to press the pause button a couple of times, but no fast forwarding lol. I am FEELING IT today too. My a** and everything else is SORE! Needless to say, today will be a total rest day in the exercise category.
angieaang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:10 AM   #313  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Hello everyone!

I actually think weave is very low maintenance especially wigs, for the most part I just put them on and go lol. When I do weaves I usually get a half sew in which basically means that you only get a few tracks sewed in since my hair is already long you can hardly tell. I love braids also as well and with summer coming it will probably be my next thing.

Im doing pretty well on my plan, eating on plan and working out!! I am hoping to see a ten lb loss come next month around this time!

I hope everyone is having an awesome week!!!!!!!

Question????????

What types of seasonings do you guys use?
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:02 PM   #314  

Cake girl you have me sitting here by the computer waiting and I know I need to get on that treadmill. I hate working out this late! It's almost 8pm here and I still have to do a 45min run/walk. I wanted to do an hour but not sure because of time. I'm praying for good WI numbers for you!!!

Jiggle work it girl! Your husband is going to love it. I wonder if my husband even notices I'm losing weight. You think he would notice a 20 pound difference!! I wear scrubs everyday so when I put on some normal clothes he may notice.

Angie a size 6?? Awesome!! Girl I'm hoping to get into a size 10 sundress by the end of May for a cruise I'm going on (wish I could take all of you with me, probably going to have to buy internet time so I can log on and check in). I'm not holding my breath to get into it but if I can even wear a size 12 Sundress and cute sandals it's going to be all she wrote! To get ready for my P90x workout that I want to start June 1st I'm going to start doing lundges and squats (I hate both of those exercises). Any other advice to get ready besides that??

Cake is a 5k run only 3.2 miles??

Matilda I know you're going to see that loss if you keep doing what you're doing. Speaking of.... off to the treadmill ladies.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:26 PM   #315  
No Limit Souljah!!

Hello Ladies

It is POPPIN' in here!! Guess I'm really missing out. Forgive my absence but i have to have all my sh*t out of my old apt by the 28th and this NY weather is saying "we're going to make this move as difficult as possible MUUAAAHHAHAHAHA" This snow is really rediculous,

Anywho, I missed my thick colored crew of ladies so i had to stop in for a quick hello

BRIT- Love the avatar, your hair is off the hook. Tilda, Cake, Jiggle, Beaka, And all the newbies I have yet to meet, Hope ya wether is better than mine (and matilda who probably got hit harder than me) Who lives in the south, i need to crash with you!
Dips'n'twists is offline   Reply With Quote