Old 02-17-2010, 03:51 PM   #256  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

Talking Making it Happen

What's going on today Ladies???

Matilda - Day three YAY!! After today it gets easier. This will be easy breezy for you in no time.

Cake - Glad you feeling better so quickly. I got a stomach virus and was out for four days. Back on the grind today, YAY!! Be for sho that when I get in that dress it will be my avatar.

CawScorp - Welcome!!! Glad to have you hanging out with us.

Okay I'm making some serious progress. I make it a point of not having a scale at home but there is one in the gym. I only weigh myself when nobody else is around. I weighed about two weeks ago and then I got on the scale yesterday and had lost 15lbs. I worked hard for it though. No eating off plan always at 1300-1350 calories and working out at the the gym and with Jillian. It's paying off.

I don't do lent because I'm not Catholic. We do a a consecration fast every year at the beginning of the year with our church.
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 06:01 PM   #257  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

Soo Ladies. Feeling real good about myself right now. I ran 6.5 miles tonight and I am not over points so I don't even need my Activity Points. BOOM POW!

Jigglefree That is awesome progress! You are doing great. Oh yeah you will be in that dress in no time. My church does a consecration too. I didn't participate though. So I guess that is why I am honoring LENT.

Matilda You are doing the darn thing! Day 3 just about down and you are really sticking with the gym.
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:28 PM   #258  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Today is day four of my detox and the scale showed 243.4 today to hopefully come tomorrow ill be down a lb or so. Ive lost about 2lbs give or take. Im hoping that detox at least gets me in the 230's I know I really need to start drinking more water. For some reason during winter months its harder so I try to drink green tea as much as possible. I hope you all are doing great. Summer is coming and the gym is packed with ladies at the one I attend lol
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:39 PM   #259  
No more +sizes

Cake - 6.5 miles, really!!! Girl you are pounding it out...I'm trying to get there but that's the hardest workout for me. I max out at 1/2 mile, panting and whatnot. I guess since I just started I need to keep pushing myself.

Matilda - You are almost at your halfway point. You can do it. You will be where you want to be in no time. You know how it is, summer coming everyone wants to look better when they shed those winter clothes.

So I just got back from the gym and feeling good. I think I like the lunch time workout because I feel better and can burn off some of this energy before I get home. The evening workout keeps me hyped past my bed time and I don't get enough sleep. I feel like I've crossed a threshold today. No turning back and failure is not an option. Then again it could just be the endorphins since I just got back from the gym.

Make it happen today ladies!!
Old 02-19-2010, 07:32 AM   #260  
I luv my curves

Today the scale showed 240.8 !!!!!!!! Thats five lbs down since I started detox. I have five more days to go! I am hoping to lose five more lbs!
Old 02-19-2010, 09:37 AM   #261  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/165

Height: 5'5"

I see you ladies are gettin it!

Cake- You over there animal thuggin on the treadmill!

jigglefree- You dropping major lbs!

Matilda- You're sticking with the detox and seeing results!

Way to go, girls!

I'm definitely not an expert on Lent. It's a mostly a Catholic thing. It's a period of prayer, reflection, and abstinence for forty days leading up to Easter. People usually pick something they're gonna do or not do for those days. For a lot of people it may be food- like not eating meat. I think it comes from Jesus spending 40 days in the wilderness resisting temptation. Maybe someone else can give more insight. I think this is just a time for me to reflect on ways I can live to make my life better as a whole.

As for me, I did see the Whoosh! Back to 196.8 post-TOM!!! YAY! I'm gone be fine this summer!

Like, for real, I think I'm really processing that this will be the first summer where I'm actually gonna be happy to wear less clothes and show off my hard work. That's motivation to keep it going.
beaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 10:45 AM   #262  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

Okay Ladies I lost 3.0 Pounds this week I am doing the happy dance. I am running a 10 miler with a buddy of mine tomorrow. I know I can do 8 soooo I know I can do 10. I just may not be in one piece ...haha So we are having a pizza luncheon today but I planned for it. Just make sure I run today.

Matilda - That is awesome! Five more lbs to go!!! Yoou are doing great and Yes Ma'am water is very important. I'll drink to that

Beaka You should be wanting to wear less clothes with all the work you have been doing! I actually do my long runs outside. Anything over 4 or 5. I like it better that way so it doesn't get boring. So how is you lent challenge going

Jiggle OW OW lady! Just keep on going. try to increase your running by an 1/8 or a 1/4 mile each week or every other week. It will add up FAST. Believe me! You can do this. You already doing this!!
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 03:44 PM   #263  
No more +sizes

Matilda - The pounds are coming off. When you finish the detox you gonna be in the 230s. Proud of ya.

Beaka - YAY!!! You got that whoosh!! You can wear less because you can show more that's less.

Cake - I got to hand it to you, you are making it happen. When I get to your size I want to be running 10 miles. Heck if I can be running 2 I'll be happy. I think running is addictive.

Well ladies, I tried on several pairs of 18w jeans. I got my hips and butt in them and I was looking rather wonderful to myself. I'm going to get in the regular size 18 or I'm going to be upset.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:55 PM   #264  

I had Thai with a friend for lunch, so I'm full of oil and carbs. I'm going home and going to the gym. I'll probably make this my day to get back to the running since I'm inspired by Cake! I'll write more later!
Old 02-19-2010, 08:16 PM   #265  
your calories are showing

S/C/G: 286/healthy&fit

Height: 5'5ish

congrats everyone!

and yes beaka i feel u on the summer thing..i have a fam reunion in june.last time they seen me i was around 260..this summer when they see me i will be 180 or less
i cant wait to go shop for cute dresses and tanktops

Last edited by Brit; 02-19-2010 at 08:20 PM.
Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 08:24 PM   #266  
I luv my curves

I have a family reunion in June as well. I'd like to be 210 by then.......hoping to be
Old 02-19-2010, 08:58 PM   #267  

I'm so proud of me!!!! I got on the treadmill did a 5 min warmup, jogged 10 minutes at 4.3, walked for 4 minutes, and jogged another 7 minutes. THEN, I went to Zumba class! I had never jogged for that long at a time before! I'm super crunk about sticking with it now.

Brit: I think shopping is one of the best things about losing weight! Your family is gonna be amazed at your progress.

I see my family again at the end of May. I saw them ay Christmas, but I hope to be significanttly smaller.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:47 AM   #268  
I luv my curves

I made it out of the 240's Im 239 today!!!!!!!! Now I know that Im motivated to get the this started again.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:01 AM   #269  

Height: 5'10"

Hey Ladies,

Just checking in.

I see everyone is doing a great job and staying motivated. Let's keep up the good work.

Ladies, ya'll would be so proud of me. I went on a date yesterday and didn't go off my diet (like usual) and even went to the movies and was able to resist the movie snacks. Oh and by the way the date was awesome, he has me believing GOOD MEN DO STILL EXIST.

I am down 3# this week, I am so excited.

I can't wait until Aug. so I can really turn some heads at my brother's wedding.
mytime2Bsuccessful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 11:34 AM   #270  
MindBodySpirit Health

S/C/G: 246/216/186

Hello my WOC! I am new to this thread and am pretty excited that it exists!!

I'm Angie, 30yo, married with 2 kiddos (daughters ages 2 and 3) and I've been carrying the "baby weight" (ha!! can't really call it that anymore but oh well) since my first was born in 2006!! I did manage to get down to 186 before Thanksgiving...but then darn turkeys, mac & cheese, corn, dressing....you get the picture....REALLY set a sista back!! So I just fell off completely and went back up to 213.50. I started again this Monday and am trying a slight detox. I will weigh in again on this coming Monday to see how I'm doing. I've read a lot of the post and you ladies inspire me!!

I hope to be a frequent poster here.
angieaang is offline   Reply With Quote