Old 01-31-2010, 08:55 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/165

Height: 5'5"

Hey, ya'll!

to all of the new people!!!

Kinda fell off on my posting, TMI ALERT- there was a horrible experience with constipation. . I had stomach cramps and everything. But everything's good here now. I think it was too much protien (started doing more lifting) and cutting too much fat. About to go hard in February though!!! I got some trips planned for summer, and I wanna look and feel good. I had this Amazing Grass I bought this morning. It's a green drink mix. A scoop equals is equivalent to several servings of veggies. I got more probiotics too, so all my supplements are back on point. I been super crunk all day! I think it really makes a huge difference. The taste isn't bad, but I don't like the texture. You can feel some of the graininess. I got the berry flavor and mixed it with apple juice and water. It's cool, but the chocolate flavor has a lot of good reviews. I plan to keep using it- especially in summer when I make more smoothies.

Brit- You have been killing it! Congrats on all of your progress!!!

Itz Mo- We're the same height and weight and Southern, so I'm right here with you!!!

mytime: just get right back on track, and don't worry about it

Brie: Yay for sticing with it!
beaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 09:35 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

Okay so I worked out Thursday and then skipped Friday. I had plans on working out Saturday and Sunday then a foot of snow poured on us! Yeah effin Great but on the bright I stayed within POINTS with the help of my flex points I am very proud of this since i trapped in the Dungeon of Diet Death (aka my mama's house). I will be at the gym after work. My workout thursday was great. It is a little lonely in here (don't have a tv) but it does help me to get my arse to the gym

Brit- You are so determined. You remind me of me before I had the stress the size of an elephant. You are awesome you all of your success

beaka-What exactly is Amazing Grass? It sounds like something I want to try but can you explain a little more...its like powdered veggies??

Dips _ congrats on another pound gone.... Whose Awesome....Youre Awesome

Okay Brie _ witcho Bad A$$! Get get get iiiiit

Hey Shay - I am going to kickboxing at the Lasalle Y on wed!!! As for my hair, I am not feeling all this work I am still having to do, to look decent. Tired of twisting, blowdrying, CAREFULLY detangling and whatnot. Those dreds are sounding better and better! I guess I am still a little on the fence. But my hair is growing so well

WELCOME NEWBIES

So now I am sitting sipping my Remy and chillaxing! POW
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 10:21 PM   #168  
No Limit Souljah!!

hey ladies

Quick shout to all my gurls

Cake- you do wonders for my ego...thank u

Brit: you got it baby! keep it going

shay- yes shorties have it soooo hard. i wasn't happy at 150. I was happiest between 126-130 All my weight goes to my hips and but (which bf loves) But I'll see how i feel as this process goes along

Hello new newbies...I will get to know all of you very well

Beaka- I hear u about the summer plans I sure have some too. We gotta stay focused

Lets do this!!
Dips'n'twists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 11:52 AM   #169  

Height: 5'10"

Hey ladies,

Just want to say thank u for the encouragement, I am back on track.

I have chosen Feb. as my month to really go hard. I am going hard on dieting, no binging. Exercise, no slacking. I have until March 15th to be measure for my bridemaid's dress so I am going hard for the next 6 weeks. Wedding is in Aug. so by the time it comes. I am going to be so fine.

Congrats to everyone and keep up the good work.

We can do it.

By the way ladies I'm officiallly transitioning to natural hair. I haven't relaxed my hair since Nov. So far so good.

? for my natural sisters. How often do I need to trim my hair while transitioning.
mytime2Bsuccessful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 02:05 PM   #170  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

To all the new ladies, Im getting excited lol its so good to see some new folks for a while its just been the same ol same ol! I encourage you all to hang in here with us because posting is what keeps me going. I have a way to go but I feel confident when I come to the boards about making it to goal!!!!

Congrats to all of you whom are making some great progress, thanks for inspiring me to get back op after aweek of no gym lol
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 05:02 PM   #171  

Hey er'body!!!

I changed my avatar so ya'll can see all of my nappiness.

Been eating well today and I have pole class tonight, so all is good here! One of my best guy friends is going hard on his lifting and doing extreme low carb this month. Even though our plans are way off, we're gonna keep each other on track this month.

Cake: First off... Remy? Really now... As for amazing grass, yeah it is kinda like ground up veggie powder. You can put it in drinks, smoothies, or food. It has lots of green veggie/antioxidant/probiotic power. I had it for a while. I used it a couple of times, and didn't touch it. Decided to pull it out this week, and I'm gonna try to be consistent with it. I think I just didn't mix it well at first, so I was turned off by it. I tried it with just water and mixed into yogurt. It's better in drinks that get shaken up a lot. Gonna make a smoothie in the morning!
http://www.amazinggrass.com/about-be...superfood.html

My time: I would say the same rate that you trim it now. Ever 6 weeks or so. More if you're ready to get closer to your nappiness.

Matilda and Dips :

Last edited by beaka; 02-01-2010 at 05:03 PM.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:05 PM   #172  

S/C/G: 230/219/150

Height: 5'6

hello all. i was reading the posts and had the hardest time trying to locate u guys again. anywho...i am a newbie and am trying to jumpstart my weight loss with a little support. looks like i may have found the right place. i look forward to getting to know u all thru my transfermation.

CDE
mrsemery03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:57 PM   #173  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

Hey Ladies I had a great on track day! I stayed within my POINTS w/out the use of FLEX POINTS and I worked out pretty hard as well. Got my hair all blowdried and ready for my braids tomorrow and ready for bed. I found this new 6PT meal at a local restaraunt. Skinless chicken breast, garden salad wiht Pico deGallo and beans for only 5.79. I can't cook that cheaper and perfect for after the gym.

BEAKA _ Uhm YESSSS, anytime is a good time for Remy. I love your hair it is goy-jus! Pole class is fun. I am ordering a portable pole for my apartment.....can't wait to get it.

Mrsemery - You have to bookmark us

Mytime - With focus and determination you will defintely make your goal. And I LOVE natural hair, it gets on my nerves sometimes but so did straight hair....hehehe
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 03:08 PM   #174  

S/C/G: 200/200/150

Height: 5'5

Hey ladies!

I hope that your week is off to a great start! Well, I started Chalean Extreme on yesterday. Pretty good workout! Today, was my cardio day so instead of heading to the gym and stayed in and did an oldie, but goodie...Taebo! lol

Beaka - Did you purchase that Amazing Grass from the site or from your local health food store?
Itz Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 04:10 PM   #175  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

I'm not sure how long it should take to get from a 20 to a 16 but that is my next goal. I figure I will make the goal for May. It only took a three weeks to get from squeezing in a girdle to squeeze in a size 22 to comfortably wearing a size 20. So I'm hoping I get to that size 18 by my husband's birthday in March. Then be in a size 16 by my baby's birthday in May. As long as I stay on task it should make it.

By the time we get to New Orleans for the family reunion in July, I'm gonna be killin' it.

Last edited by jigglefree; 02-02-2010 at 04:12 PM.
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:54 PM   #176  

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigglefree View Post
I'm not sure how long it should take to get from a 20 to a 16 but that is my next goal. I figure I will make the goal for May. It only took a three weeks to get from squeezing in a girdle to squeeze in a size 22 to comfortably wearing a size 20. So I'm hoping I get to that size 18 by my husband's birthday in March. Then be in a size 16 by my baby's birthday in May. As long as I stay on task it should make it.

By the time we get to New Orleans for the family reunion in July, I'm gonna be killin' it.
Way to go jigglefree.
mytime2Bsuccessful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 11:23 PM   #177  

mrsemery03: So glad you found us again! Jump on in and let us know what your plan is!

Cake: I want a pole. The ones they sell where I go are crazy expensive. I'll have to find one somewhere else.

Itz Mo: got it at a health food store, but I'm ordering from amazon next time. It's a little cheaper.

Jigglefree: You will definitely be killin it at that rate!

As for me, today went ok. I went to an Indian buffet with a co-worker today and was actually able to exercise some self-control. I haven't eaten anything else today either. Plus, to help balance it out I did the 30 Day Shred as soon as I got home from that job and then went to my part-time. I'm really amazed at my level of energy. I'm seriously thinking its the Amazing Grass. Ok... after this I'm not talking about it anymore. I'm starting to sound like I work for the company. But ain't no way I would have been able to work, workout, work again, and still have energy to come in and do stuff around the house without the lifestyle changes I've made. I guess that counts as a NSV.

Oh, and I plan to do the Shred in the morning. I'm hoping for a snow day tommorrow!!
Old 02-03-2010, 08:52 AM   #178  

@ beaka Congrats on all that energy. My son has been home sick since Friday adding snow to the mix...I've been home TOO much! I hit the eliptical downstairs but can't wait to get back into the gym. Never thought that I would say those words. LOL Just curious what is this 30 Shred?

Have a great day ladies!!!
Old 02-03-2010, 09:20 AM   #179  

Hi ladies I would like to join, Women of color#2 .I'm a newbe and I am looking for friends on this long journey. I need to lose around about 80 pounds but I'm ready .Thinking about doing low carb diet, but for now I'm just cutting back and starting to exercise.
jumphigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:27 AM   #180  

At this point I really don't have a plan other than trying to workout at least 5 days a week with an occassional evening workout. I am eating healthier...wheat bread in moderation, lean meats and tons of veggies. That being sad if I crave something sweet I turn to 100 calorie packs of something. More water had been added to my day. I have almost totally cut out juices except for the occasssional OJ. My temptation usually comes from eating out. I had my first small fry in WEEKS! last night. So, I hit the eliptical for 23. I still lost 6 ounces. I weigh myself daily to keep myself focused. I started at 230 a little over a month ago and fell off. This time around I am focused!!!!!! Putting this weight on was easy. I never had to worry about what I ate before. Of course I was much younger. LOL My eating habits didn't change but my metabolism DID!!!! I have never been skinny but average and curvy. I hope to get my sexy back. I've been doing this solo but have been surprisingly comitted. My ultimate goal is to get down to a size 10, but I will take a 12 anyday! Currently I am a size 18.

BTW, I love natural hair and have been natural for 4 yrs. About a month ago I got bored and pressed my hair. It is past my shoulders. So I had the Angela Davis afro going on, but I loved it. I probably will wash my hair and see how it looks then. I've heard that once you press your hair the curls don't come back. We will see this weekend b/c I am sick worrying about these edges while working out. LOL

First goal: 200 lbs by April 1st.