Old 09-21-2009, 04:44 PM   #91  
It's ME!

Thanks Ani. Yes, the gym does make me feel better when I'm depressed it's just really hard to get the motivation to go in the first place.

Went last night and walked for 10 minutes and then did run/walk intervals for 20 minutes and I felt pretty good after that.

I've been invited to visit a friend for dinner tonight so am looking forward to that.

Weighed in and by some miracle I'm stil exactly 85kg
LittleKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 08:34 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 209/201.8/155

Height: 163cm

Vonni I am jealous. Last night at work it was so cold I was rugged up like an eskimo. Throughout September it has rained every day in Perth (except one), and that hasn't happened here since 1927. Where is spring?

Julia it's great that you went to the gym, and that it helped. There is just something about exercise that seems to make a massive difference, in all sorts of ways.

Lindor how are those baby vegetables coming along?

I ran out of fruit yesterday and didn't organise myself well enough to buy any before I went to work. Bad mistake, good lesson! This morning I will make sure I get to the shop before work.

I think today is under control. I had a few moments of doubt this morning, wondering if I can really do this again - and then I gave myself a mental slap. It doesn't take long to remember that a significant part of this battle is what goes on in our heads!

So I have planned my meals, figured out what went wrong yesterday, and I am ready for a new - and better - day today!
PerthChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 04:13 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 109.6kg/104.6kg/67kg (15/8/10)

Height: 170cm

Spring missed us totally! One minute it is lovely cool 'winter' weather, next it is hot, humid and uncomfortable! But, apparently this part of the world doesn't get four seasons...just two, wet and dry!

I am a tad disappointed in my vegies, Ani! I had myself set up for a lovely home grown salad for dinner last night and tonight but, alas...nothing! Maybe tomorrow?

Diet was not the best yesterday, some stupid fool brought cake into work for morningtea! I won't do that again!

I weighed in this morning 300g more than last time...oops! But I know I have been out of control!

Today, so far, better. A little left over cake for morning tea, otherwise, to plan. My yoghurt maker works like a treat! I had perfect yoghurt for sweets last night! And I only had one 200ml serve.

Christened the pram today on my junkmail round...wow, what a difference it made! It took just the same amount of time to do the round, but I was far less exhausted by the end of it! No backache, and my knees are very happy!

I weighed my load on saturday (which I comfortably carried in the backpack) and that came in at 12kg! The weekday load is probably five times that weight! Half of it I used to carry on my back! And to think...I used to carry near that on my body a few years ago!

Julia, enjoy dinner!

Vonni...hmmm...I hate you! Glad you are enjoying yourself
Lindor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 05:55 AM   #94  
Am I a senior too?

S/C/G: 74/64.2/58

Height: 153cm

oh Lindor please dont hate me think sucked in cause i prob on a gain for next week. as i put on my facebook - beer, balcony, beach (still hate me? ) but you know what? I don't really care this week. this is MY holiday and dont want stress about nothing from my usual life. Havent really been eating or drinking anything out of the ordinary in fact peob eating less crao and more cold fresh fruits. but the sedentary lifestyle will be my devil. might grab a walk along beach in morning on my own so i can step up the pace.
7senuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 06:29 AM   #95  

Of course I don't hate you Vonni! Just enjoy yourself!
Old 09-23-2009, 04:12 PM   #96  

I got radishes spouting! I thought I saw one last night, but this morning the pot has erupted!

I had to plant radishes and carrots from seed.

All other plants are still alive and looking happy.

Minor mishap with my food yesterday...I got two Boost bars from the shell service station when I got fuel. My excuse is I wanted to spend the money to get the extra 2c a litre off the cost of my fuel! However, I think now the purchase exceeded the saving!

The office is going out for lunch today. Four out of the six of us ride motorbikes (I am not one), so they decided it is to be a bikie lunch where we all go into the city on bikes. I will be going pillion with one of the guys!!

Lunch will be at an Asian Cafe, nice food, not sure of the calorie/fat content, but usually when we have lunch there I come home not wanting to eat anything big in the evening. So I will eat and enjoy as I usually do.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:58 PM   #97  
Am I a senior too?

However, I think now the purchase exceeded the saving!

Haha to dunny Lindor. Yr right though. Now did u also ever stop and think that yr 2 cent saving per litre ends up only about $1.20 on a FULL tank. haha. (depending on tank size of cause)
Thats why i laugh at people who drive all over town looking for cheap fuel and they end up saving 2 - 4 cents a litre but spend more doing the driving.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:59 PM   #98  
Am I a senior too?

and that was meant to be to FUNNY not dunny.

We are off to wet and wild today. Will post pictures on my face book this evening.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:24 PM   #99  

Where is everyone?? Julia? Gen? Barb?

What happened to Danni/Madison?

Vonni, I am well aware that these (fuel) offers are designed to encourage impulsive purchases. I just used it as an excuse to get my Boost bars (which I'd have got anyway as I WANTED CHOC!). For me the Shell service station is on my way home from work and I often take in my regular Coles shopping receipt for the 4c a litre off. Rarely do I purchase anything at the service station for the extra 2c a litre. My father was a bad one for driving miles to get cheap fuel! In fact he cracked me up with when the 50km/hr speed limit came in in the suburbs...he refused to drive in those zones claiming they made the trip too long. Instead he'd drive a longer distance just to catch as many 60km/hr zones as he could!!

Ani, you have got me into a bad habit! I an hour at Bunnings last night buying a heap of herbs and pots etc to plant them in! I only went there with the intent to get some trellis work for my beans to climb! I am enjoying this grow your own thing! And I can't wait to reap the rewards!

It is still dark outside, but I think I glimpsed a sprout from my carrots (also planted from seed) this morning! My beans are thriving - hence the need to find trellis work!

Lunch yesterday turn out to be a bit of a flop. One of the guys pulled out saying he had too much work to do. This upset the other guy who then said he wasn't interested in going. This left us with four girls and one bike. So it was suggested we go to the cafe on site. Two of the girls settled with that, two of us knew the food there was sh!t! So I said I don't care, I am going where we originally planned...to which another girl agreed to join me...which then led to a thrid coming to and the three of us went by car! But what a drama to get there - and they say us females are stubborn and indecisive!

It was a nice lunch anyway!

Today, I am back on track!!
Old 09-24-2009, 06:31 PM   #100  
~jus' being me~

Just lurking

And am wanting to start growing plants on my balcony now too!!!!!!
Madison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 09:41 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 209/201.8/155

Height: 163cm

Weigh-in this morning - DOWN 0.6kg . Even though I wasn't quite as disciplined this week as last, I still managed to do alright.

Lindor I'm loving your enthusiasm for your vegetable garden . I'm going to do a bit of pottering in mine tomorrow, but today I need to put some serious hours into finishing my book. One more week and it will be at the publisher - I have had my very last deadline extension

I only have about 7000 words left to write and I will knock that over (or most of it) by Sunday night.

In terms of weight loss my plans this week are pretty simple. I want to average 1750 calories/day, drink 2L water and get plenty of exercise. If I drop some more weight, that will be a bonus.

I'm happy to go slow, and I am aiming to lose, on average, around 0.3kg a week from now until the end of the year. If I achieve that I will be fairly satisfied.

OK - must go and seriously do some writing.
PerthChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 10:06 PM   #102  
It's ME!

I've been out of the office for the past 2 days attending a first aid course. I'm now qualified to mend people!

I'm at a stage where I really need to re-evaluate what I want to achieve and just how much effort I'm willing to put in. I've been suffering a bit from depression despite taking my medication religiously. I'm a bit overworked at the moment and in need of some rest time. Thank goodness I've got a 10 day holiday coming up at the end of October.

I'm not doing anything to help myself to lose weight at the moment and I just don't have the "oomph" required. It doesn't help that the weather has totally packed in here - for the past 3 days it's been cold, grey, wet and miserable.

The bloke is moving in with me and my flatmate this weekend so that's an interesting development. It'll be nice to have him around and will also help cut down on the bills
LittleKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 04:28 PM   #103  
Am I a senior too?

OMG Julia.... the bloke moving in? Thats awesome
Old 09-25-2009, 10:39 PM   #104  

When did 'the boy' become 'the bloke'? Ummm...maybe I don't need to know that!
Old 09-26-2009, 06:06 AM   #105  
Am I a senior too?

heheeehaaahaa @ Lindor