Old 05-25-2009, 09:23 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

Good Morning and Happy Memorial Day to all! A special Thanks to ones who serve and who have served and have given the ultimate sacrafice. We had a local soldier killed in the last bombing. I did not know him, but he grew up 15 miles from here. He left behind a wife and EIGHT kids!

Good thing I have been on a bike for two weeks, no riding today-- or the rest of the week. It is fixing to storm here again..... for Pete's sake, I wish it would go away.

My son is better. I am taking him to get his ankle x-rayed but I think it is fine. Thanks for the well wishes.

Holly, you are so dedicated, I am trying to work my way back up into that dedication level. I know this sounds twisted, but in a way I am ready to get back to work (please don't remind me that I said this) so I can get back to some sense of normalcy. And, I think that the lady rider ratio is great in your group!

Girl, you can ask me just about anything...... I don't think it is rude. And, thanks for the comment on the hair and curves-- I appreciate it. The fingernails are different than acrylic. They are called Angel Love, but from what I gather they are comperable to gel nails. They are not as strong as the acrylic ones ( but they did make it to Vegas and back on a bike). The plus to them is they do not use that dremel tool to file your real nail down, they are all hand crafted to you. They are not glued on..... they are made just for your hand. The lady that did mine said the chemical in them is what they make eye glasses from. You can use acetone or anything else with them, they will not melt down like acrylic. BUT, they are not meant to be long and do housework. Mine real nails were breaking b/c I had pre wedding jitters and chewed them off..... once I grow my real nail out they will be stronger. I won't have them as long as the wedding pic b/c I use a computer for a living, but I will have them a little longer than what they are now. Btw, I am enjoying not having to be a professional--- my nails are hot pink today! So, I am going to keep the nails, just shorter. I am going to let my real nail grow out a little over the fingertip and keep them that length, until next vacation.

CC, I hope you can take a day or so off before you go to Sturgis, just to unwind.

DH (first time I have typed that for me) said that we should start taking our vacations every year (we never do) and go somewhere....... he asked where to go next year, I said how about Sturgis (he goes to Lil Sturgis, but not the "real" one), I thought it would be a cool thing to do.

Mandy, do you have a big Memorial Day planned?

When I was on my trip, we wore our ABATE shirts, that are flourescent yellow and say "Look Twice Save a Life" on the back with a motorcycle. They were made in honor of a guy that DH knows ( I was not around then) who was killed. His nickname was bear, so they have a teddybear on the sleve, but other than that they are not "marked up". You would not believe the comments we got on them when we stopped...... it was great! We had drivers say they saw us clearly with those on. I am thinking of trying to come up with a lady rider version of them....... just to get the ladies noticed too! Whatcha think?
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 08:48 PM   #152  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

good evening chicks!

Tammy, those shirts sound great! do you have a pic of your current one? and how nice that you can now type DH

Oh, I understand the wanting to get back to 'the usual schedule'. It is sooo easy to go off plan when you're not in the usual schedule, I know.

continued healing wishes to your son

thanks for the info on the nails, also. Geez, we female have so much to maintain! I just love the look of a french manicure on others. But I feel I already have my hands full maintaining highlighted hair, body color from tanning and self-tanners, twisting and beating this body into some kind of shape, whitening teeth with strips, keeping legs and other parts shaved, makeup, jewelry, hooboy the list goes on and on

my husband mounted a little camera to his handlebars and did a video of our ride through Smugglers Notch yesterday, and put some music to it (unfortunately the music is a little repetitive, he's usually much better at choosing music) It's not too exciting but kinda fun. Boy you're really worked up to see it now I bet, LOL! Just setting you up to not expect too much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODBK31y9SQ4
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 08:57 PM   #153  
Biker Chick!

This is very sad, as we were riding on Rt. 17 through what we call the App Gap (Appalachian Gap) we came upon an accident scene, we saw a crashed bike, and a body covered with a sheet. and later found this info -

An East Calais woman died today after the motorcycle on which she was a passenger crashed on Vermont 17 in Buels Gore (the Appalachian Gap)

Vermont State Police said Sharon Gall, 56, was pronounced dead at the scene and John Gall, 55, also of East Calais, was transported to Fletcher Allen Health Care in Burlington with “severe life-threatening injuries.”

Police said John Gall was operating a 2006 Harley Davidson westbound on Vermont 17 when he lost control of the motorcycle and left the roadway at about 11:30 a.m.

Police said the road conditions were clear and dry at the time of the crash.

We came upon the scene less than an hour later. The poor husband, what he must be going through, if he is conscious. Our thoughts and prayers to him and his extended family.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:45 AM   #154  

Good morning ladies! I am back at work-- so I am going to make this one quick.

I am going to give it a go to get back on plan! I have to! Next week I start bootcamp and I don't want to be in complete body shock.

Holly, that was so sad about the lady dying, I bet that husband will have such a horrible time dealing with her death, if he makes it. It is such a tragedy. I hate that so badly. My prayers are with them all!

I watched the video your DH made...... that is awesome. I was thinking when I watched it how cool it would be as an education tool to go through town and film how many times a car pulls out in front of a bike or how close they get intentionally. If it saves one person it is worth it.

I will get a pic of the shirt, you know I am a bit computer challenged so it maybe a little while before I get it posted.

I am with you with the maintenance. I do not have to do much to the hair, as it is natural---- but I am getting scared b/c I have BIG white spots (gray)...... I hate to see a blonde with 1/2 blonde and then the roots growing..... my beautician assures me it will not happen to me, but if it does, I am heading for the dye! I have to tan or I look like and Albino, although I think after this year I am going to hand in my tanning goggles, I keep reading that blonde hair, blue eyed people have a significantally higher chance of skin cancer, and that is me! I love me some nails though.... I consider myself low maintenance, but I still have to maintain-- ha ha. Especially with weight!

My son's ankle is just sprained. I think it did scare him somewhat and give him a little more respect b/c he spent the day fixing his truck yesterday and it is now running.

I am going to quit gabbing for now. I have to get some work done.

Tammy
Old 05-26-2009, 06:00 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Hi Ladies I to have to make this a quick one....

First so sad about the lady and boy if the husband is conscious what he
is probably going through Same here thoughts and prayers are going
out to the family.

On a good note the movie looks awesome, that looks like a really nice ride We had 80 degree weather yesterday but DH wanted to go golfing instead so we went golfing, boo hoo

Not so good note I am 39 and headed to ER this morning, my heart was beating really fast and made me light headed and dizzy but it was not constant so I waited about 2 1/2 hours before going then when I get there they lay me on hospital bed and they quit, imagine that......
Well they put my on heart monitor till tomorrow then I go back, all tests came back ok so really were not concerned greatly except for my blood
pressure is really low like 90/60 (that is bp of a 1 year old) it did spike up right after getting there to 105/63 but came back down after I calmed down. My bp usually does run low but not normally low 90's and low 60's so of course they said we will talk more about that tomorrow as well....
I am however feeling pretty good this afternoon

Tammy glad to hear your son if ok and I bet that was an eye opener for him but so sorry it had to happen.

Ok better get going take care and talk to you later- I will let you know what doc says tomorrow
ChopperChick355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 07:48 PM   #156  
Biker Chick!

Reda - !!!! damn girl that is scary...you did right by going to ER though...can't even say how much I want to hear that everything is OK!!! my gosh that IS an extremely low BP..holy cow...well you listen to what the docs say, and then maybe get a second or third opinion, until you feel comfortable with what is being told to you. BIG HUGS and well wishes!!!
Old 05-26-2009, 07:49 PM   #157  
Biker Chick!

Tammy, I do like that idea about just filming a typical day on the road, and pointing out ALL the hazards that come our way.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:51 PM   #158  

CC- I agree with Holly! It is a good thing you went to the ER and you need to watch those abnormalities with your BP. And, again like she said, don't take a diagnosis from a doctor if it does not seem right to you. YOU are in your skin 24/7 and you know what is right and what is not. I am in the medical field and there are fantastic doctors out there, and there are not so fantastic doctors. Do you know what the definition of the diagnosis is? It is the doctors OPINION--- it is true most of them base this on the tests...... but it is their opinion and there is room for error. I cannot say it enough, if you feel something is not right with you keep on until you feel comfortable with what they are telling you. Even if you get in the office or ER a million times and it stops, if it scares you enough to go---- then there is a reason for it. Remember the squeeky wheel gets the grease. I am not telling you to be obnoctious b/c that is a turn off--- but be firm in what you believe is going on with your body. I have learned through this weight loss thing and when I went outside of my specialty of neurosurgery that heart attacks do happen more than you think to 30-40 year old somethings. You have been under a lot of stress and this is not good on the ticker at any age! I am praying for you. I know we have not met and I have not been chatting long with you but I feel like you girls are friends and I don't want to hear something has happened to you. Some of my former staff members still work for the cardiology doctors in the multi specialty group I worked for. I don't mind to start a chain and ask them to ask the doctor if what you are told matches what you are feeling if you are uneasy with what they tell you. It could be that they tell you something the first time and it correlates to what you feel and there is a simple fix for it. I just want you to have options. Okay, I know I stay on a soap box, I am off it now.

I am going to get off here. It is storming outside (again). CC, let us know when you find out. Best wishes!
Old 05-27-2009, 09:29 AM   #159  

Good Morning ladies.

CC- I hope things turn out good for you today.

I want you girls to know that I am crawling back on the bandwagon today. I have been playing a numbers game with my weight and just "messing around" for about the past month. It is time to get serious and get this done and MAINTAIN! So, I am limiting carbs starting today. I am not going to do Slim Fast unless I am dying for chocolate-- b/c it is loaded with sugar. Since I have been eating junk the past 2.5 weeks, I feel like someone has put a "downer" in my body and I am moving in slow motion. I know it is the food choices. We have been eating out A LOT--- and that has to stop not only for health but finances. I am trying to get all of our CC paid off by the end of the year. So, this is a big year for me, married, at my goal weight, and out of CC debt--- ( I needed those cheerleaders to motivate me).

I have to get busy...... can you believe I have been married for 2 weeks today? It is going by fast...... but you have NO clue how much better I feel since I am an "honest woman" and I don't have to deal with cold feet anymore..... it was rough!

I hope everyone has a great day!

Oh, please say a prayer that my son gets the military job he wants. I don't know all of the dynamics of it, but I know it is FT (meaning he won't go to college right now) and it is what he does when he goes to drill. He is a helicopter mechanic and a crew chief-- which is rare since he just got out of AIT but b/c he scored so high on his ASFAB he got that job. I just want him to get the job FT so he can get his life in order..... and I don't think he can do it living under mommy's roof!
Old 05-27-2009, 06:27 PM   #160  

Tammy sending those good vibes to you and your son that he gets the job he is wanting

Thanks for all your support and yes I did go back to doc today and turned in heart monitor but it will take a couple days for results to come back. However I do feel much better today and haven't had any other episodes since yesterday morning. However my blood pressure did come up some today it was 104/63 so we will watch that and I will have to go get it taken daily to see what happens over the next week. I really think that it is stress/anxiety related even though I really don't feel stressed, I know I have alot of it going on right now between work and my youngest son. Oh and to top it off AC is not working so we have to get a new one so there goes a couple thousand dollars, darn....

Well I suppose I better get going, I hired DH and my managers DH to come help us out at the old store getting stuff moved to new store and getting alot of it boxed up to donate to food pantry (they will actually take the candy, jerky, and bag snacks that we didn't sell). I will try to log back in later
Old 05-27-2009, 08:46 PM   #161  
Biker Chick!

Prayers to your son, Tammy, on getting the job he wants!

and hugs to ChopperChick
Old 05-28-2009, 08:37 AM   #162  

Good Morning - off to work but at least tonight we get to ride, it is our Eagles Supper Ride and it is suppose to be 80 degrees and sunshine today, couldn't ask for more today.

Hope Everyone's day goes good
Old 05-28-2009, 10:58 AM   #163  

Good morning ladies.

Believe it or not..... not much going on here in my neck of the woods. Except I am having a major problem getting back on the diet bandwagon! I start boot camp on Monday, maybe that will help!

CC- I think a ride would do you and your health good!

Tammy
Old 05-28-2009, 11:36 AM   #164  
Biker Chick!

good late morning ladies! I delayed logging on here until I worked out and made myself accountable. I did the 30 DS, level 3, and then some Gilad abs.

I'm so glad someone is having nice weather! our last nice day was Monday, it's been rainy ever since.

not much to say...I'm glad I have today off, but I don't like it when my day off is rainy and gloomy. I need to learn to ignore what's going on outside, so it doesn't affect my insides so much

I realized that our Harley Rendezvous trip is in four weeks! I am not rally-ready yet need to tighten up/lose some more, tan more, get hair highlighted again, maybe do the teeth whitening strips again..geez so much work
Old 05-29-2009, 07:08 AM   #165  
Biker Chick!

good morning chicks - how was your ride yesterday Cchick? it is STILL raining here

I just finished doing The Biggest Loser Cardio workout with Bob, so that's 25 minutes, and then Cathe abs, about 10 minutes.

gotta shower and get ready for work. On Wednesday, I made two big pans of rhubarb crisp at work, for last nights dinner dessert. It was the first time I tried that recipe, and it looked awfully gloopy when I poured it in the pan. But I know the brownsugar oat crunch topping is good, so hopefully it wasn't a disaster. I'll find out when I get to work

have a great day and stay on plan!!!