Old 04-27-2009, 09:13 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

It is sooooo hard to stay OP during the weekends with rides and LIFE. I am glad I am in good company not being able to get that part done though. I am doing the SF damage control today.... my scales are screaming a 2.4 pound gain. I don't care much for salt but it seems that I am eating salt all weekend. I am hoping some of it is a water gain. I am going to work my butt off this week though to get those extra pounds off to get back to where I was. When I think about it on Monday's I think of how nuts my eating is on the weekend and it starts with 1 meal. How nuts is that?

I am going to get busy at work. Hope you all have a good day!
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 08:38 PM   #47  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

good evening chicks! first, Tammy, I at the flea/window episode!

Hi Mandy! whoa 260 miles is a long day!

And this morning's exercise was 30 Day Shred Level 3, and then some Cathe abs.

Today...we got to...88 degrees it was too hot!! I cannot believe I just said that! too warm for a jacket and gloves, but I kept them on anyway. And did over 100 miles by myself, just tooling all over central Vermont. What a way to while away the afternoon

I intentionally 'reviewed' three creemee places (up here, we call 'em creemees, the soft-serve ice cream that comes out of Taylor machine) It seemed to be the thing to do on such a warm day while biking around Yes, I had three small ones today. Well it was in the interest of public knowledge, letting folks know who has the best! Oh, and the House of Pizza in Hardwick has THE BEST. The texture and taste is just amazing for a $1.90 cone. And you may all remind me of this incident when I am complaining about not losing

Last edited by VermontMom; 04-27-2009 at 08:40 PM.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 08:52 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermontMom View Post
good evening chicks! first, Tammy, I at the flea/window episode!

Hi Mandy! whoa 260 miles is a long day!

And this morning's exercise was 30 Day Shred Level 3, and then some Cathe abs.

Today...we got to...88 degrees it was too hot!! I cannot believe I just said that! too warm for a jacket and gloves, but I kept them on anyway. And did over 100 miles by myself, just tooling all over central Vermont. What a way to while away the afternoon

I intentionally 'reviewed' three creemee places (up here, we call 'em creemees, the soft-serve ice cream that comes out of Taylor machine) It seemed to be the thing to do on such a warm day while biking around Yes, I had three small ones today. Well it was in the interest of public knowledge, letting folks know who has the best! Oh, and the House of Pizza in Hardwick has THE BEST. The texture and taste is just amazing for a $1.90 cone. And you may all remind me of this incident when I am complaining about not losing
yum, soft serve! I had 3 scoops of ice cream the other day when it was free cone day at Ben and Jerry's so I understand. Congrats on getting a ride in, I cant believe your temps, wasn't it just snowing there?

I tried to pick up 30day shred at the library, no luck though, anyone want to mail me a copy?...lol
willow650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 09:04 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Hello Ladies

Mandy that was quite the trip you had this past weekend

Holly 88 degrees all I can say is WOW!!! You got some riding in as well and some dessert- If we were getting 88 degree weather I would have been having ice cream as well

Well today was really busy at new store, met up with pop and beer vendors to get planograms done and all. Very exciting we will open on May 21st -- YAY

Tammy I have same problem with staying OP on the weekends we are so busy - I do pretty good during the week- I can say I am not losing but I also am NOT gaining but I just don't want to be maintaining very long at this weight -

Well girls talk to you later
ChopperChick355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 07:31 AM   #50  
Biker Chick!

good morning chicks! sunny and warm here, then rain this afternoon and back to more 'normal' temps.

Yes Mandy, it WAS just snowing here it seems! and there is still plenty of snow up on the higher peaks. I went for an hour ride last night at 7:00 pm and it was 70 degrees...incredible!

Aw, I wish I could mail you my 30 DS, hope it becomes available to you soon!

Reda, congrats on the new store!

Hi Tammy

I will check back in after I work out.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:11 AM   #51  

Good morning ladies.

You are so not going to believe this. We have a flash flood warning and I don't have flood insurance..... it is getting close to the houses, but I am hoping the weatherman is correct saying it is going to stop for a little bit around noon. DF got called out b/c people cannot drive on dry pavement-- much less wet or ice. There were 5 wrecks this AM at once waiting on a deputy. I hate it when he has to work like that. He normally gets sick--- which this is TOO close to Vegas to do that (not that anytime is a good time).

Mandy, that was a good ride you had this weekend. How far do you live from Disney?

CC- girl, you just keep getting busier! Whew. I guess it is good in these economic times.

Holly- When do you have to take your bike back? Do you think there are any job openings as ice cream tasters? That would be an awesome job!

Okay, we were talking about Vegas last night..... and DF is now proposing we try to ride 12 hours a day (my butt is drawn up just thinking about it). What is the longest period of time you have ridden? I know that we have to stop every 150 miles for fuel and stuff..... I am not sure if I can do 12 hours though. Getting there in 2 days would be great though..... It would not be worth it if I could not get married b/c I cannot sit on my bike for a month

I am going to get busy while it is quiet in the office...... Have a good one ladies.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:39 AM   #52  
Biker Chick!

FIRST - prayers to your area, Tammy, for no floods!!
(((((no-flood mojo)))))

exercise check in - did Biggest Loser Cardio, 5 min. warmup; 25 minutes with Bob; 5 minutes my own ab work.

I decided not to take my bike back until mechanic calls and tell me that the parts are in! and Ice cream taster/ reviewer...LOL! but I"d probably have to spit as the wine tasters do

Tammy - that is a long day, I have done that ... but it is very fatigue-ing! Is your bike seat comfy on the length of rides you have already done? If it is, then it should be okay for the long runs.

The every 150 mile stops are imperative for us to 'shake it out' in between. Do some light stretches at every stop to release stress, tension and to keep blood going. Do some jumping up and down on your toes. Some arm swings/windmills.

I do use ear plugs when on the road for long distances. They help ALOT because of eliminating fatigue that is caused by the wind. If you don't have any, I could mail you some cheap disposable ones, husband can snag them from the shop workers.

I keep glove changes handy, even if it's not raining, just switching gloves can make things more comfy. On these long hauls, it's all about anything you can do to make the ride comfy and protect yourself from elements.

Eat lightly and often, so much better than having a big meal, that sits heavily and makes you feel sludgy.

Keep eye drops handy. Keep a water handy.

can't think of anything else right now..but i will add anything else I can think of.

I'm gonna shower now and head out on bike, to a second hand shop about 20 miles away, it's the home of the anything for $2 place - jeans, tops, whatever! It's definitely 'hit or miss' but some days are great (remember my black shiny high heeled boots )

ttyl!!

Last edited by VermontMom; 04-28-2009 at 09:41 AM.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:52 PM   #53  
Biker Chick!

I'm back from my ride to second-hand shop, and it was good! five t-shirts, a Tamilee Webb abs tape (looks like it's from the 80's , I don't mind) and two skirts. woohoo! My t shirts gets so trashed at summer work from butter, chocolate, whatever splashes around that I consider disposable. And for $2, I can.

It was almost too warm again in the strong sun, lol! a little cooler than yesterday, it's 76 now, but it has clouded over alot and the wind was trying to blow me all over, so I guess that rain is coming.

Tammy, what is the flash flood alert at this point? I sure hope it has subsided!

And I thought of another little tip that works for me. I will tie a bandanna on my face (bank robber/cowboy style) and even that diminishes the wind factor on your face. I for one feel tingles on my face when stopped, from the wind, and I don't get it as much when my face is covered.

You can use a girlie colored bandanna so you don't feel so criminal I love my light pink, deep pink,light purple, and turquoise bandannas for that. I have the bottom edge of my sunglasses resting about a 1/4" of the bandanna at the upper part, and I tuck the bottom point under my helmet strap and makes sure it's not gonna flutter (horribly annoying!)
Old 04-28-2009, 04:07 PM   #54  

That was a good ride for this AM with a good flea market find.

The raining has stopped for the moment, thank God. It is supposed to start up again. I was hoping to have a yard sale this weekend, but I guess not.

I just thought of it...... 14 days from now I will (hopefully) be in Vegas. Then 15 days from now my last name will no longer be "Lance" (Thank God) Woo Hoo!

I will be using a bandana. I don't want part of my face burned and the other part not.... .and for some reason I don't get ANY sun on the top part of my face at all, even where the helmet is not. I will probably go for a HOT PINK! That is my color--- since I am one step away from being an Albino (naturally). I have been going to the sunbed forever and I think I am just now out of the "fair skin" category.

I have done badly on my eating today (SF, strawberries, roast beef sandwhich, baked lays, CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE, and almonds). I was going to do another SF day but I decided I am not going to use them as a crutch.... and they have a lot of sugar in there so about 2 days into it---- I have this sugar aftertaste in my mouth no matter how hard I brush. I am just going to try to maintain and not gain--- while still being a little active until I get back from Vegas.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:40 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

a day on plan has paid off, i was down from 173 to 171.3 this is the lowest I have been ALL month. Tomorrow is my birthday and I am spending it at Disney with my husband and children(this is the first time the kids have ever been)so I may not see this number or anything lower for the rest of the week..lol I do have snacks like baked tortilla chips, sun chips, salsa, turkey burgers(to cook for lunch) some low fat string cheese and lots of water. I need at least 1 decadent meal though, after all it is my birthday. Disney is 2 1/2 hours away and we are getting there when the doors open till the doors close. Im so excited
willow650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:33 AM   #56  
Biker Chick!

good morning chicks! Mandy, it sounds like you will have a wonderful day tomorrow with dh and kids @ Disney! What a great day for a birthday

and congrats on being down!!, that is the proof isn't it, that if we do what we should, we get results.

this morning I did Level 3 of the Shred, and then an OLDIE but a GOODIE - Greg Smithey's Original Buns of Steel. This came out in 1987, ladies It is entertaining now with the total 80's workout clothes, girls with full makeup and mall hair but the workout is killer for legs! I used to do this tape years ago, and that was when I had actual definition in my legs.

I have 8 weeks until our first rally, Harley Rendezvous, and I'm making that my challenge/goal.

Tammy, what is the rain situation?

Today I'm going out to lunch with the girls, Sweet Stacy, Pickles, and Dumplin. We all ride our own except for Sweet Stacy, and as us riders have not had much if any practice with passengers, we decided to all go in one car, instead of 3 bikes and one car and having Stacy feel left out. We can have fun gabbing in the car

have a great day
Old 04-30-2009, 10:00 AM   #57  
Biker Chick!

first, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MANDY! I know you're long gone, to have your birthday day at Disney.

I am late in posting today because...I have had an irritation above a tooth (a root canal tooth) and sometimes this happens, and I just baby it for a day or two (don't chew on that side) and a few Advils, and it's fine...but not this time.

During the night the pain got BAD and this morning (woke up at 1:00, then 4:00, then finally 5:30) my right side of face is swollen terribly, I've never had anything like that, horrible! At 7:15 I left here and drove to doctor's office, and just sat outside til the receptionist came at 7:45, and nicely begged for an emergency visit.

bless her, she said of course and within 20 minutes I was with the doctor, and he called in a 5 day Z-pack prescription for me.

to give you an idea how swollen my face was...if my boobs were even close to being that tight and round and firm, I'd be a happy camper

so I am gonna take it easy today, it is a beautiful sunny cool day but i am just going to chill and thank the Powers That Be for medicine, and every day after this I am going to offer up a prayer for feeling good!!!
Old 04-30-2009, 10:25 AM   #58  

Mandy, Happy belated bday! Girl, I hope you cut loose on your Bday! It only comes around once a year (Thank God it only comes once a year after 30)! Do tell how it went.

Holly, I am so sorry to hear about your tooth. Girl, be careful with that--- those are not anything to mess with. And, you don't want to be exercising a lot with it b/c of the potential of spreading an infection.

CC- are you still keeping the roads hot with work?

Can you believe it is 10 days (depending on how you count the days) until I leave for Vegas? It is getting close..... Now I have a story to tell you about a chiropractor friend I have. He pretty much hit on me yesterday and told me I did not belong with a "fat" guy now. That bothered me--- I don't mind that attention from losing weight (the sunbed guy told me he had never seen a weight transformation like mine), and that is okay---- but for him to say that it bothered me. We have been friends for 6 years...... I thought. He then went on to say that he wanted a tall blonde haired, blue eyed, girl........ It was odd.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:25 PM   #59  
Biker Chick!

Tammy - that was pretty inappropriate of him, wasn't it! If he says anything like that again, I hope you can resolve it in a way that lets you feel good and in-control. But that was nice, what the tanning person said to you.

thanks for the warning about infection and exercise. I didn't do anything today...I wanted to but no way, my head pounds when it goes below heart level and my cheek/face is still puffed out. I hope hope hope the swelling goes down tonight! Since I have 2 of the Z pack pills in me, do you think it would be okay if I worked out tomorrow, if I feel better?

Our big Storm the Statehouse ride is tomorrow, and wouldn't you know it, the first day in four, that it won't be sunny. In fact it will be rainy but not too cold, mid 50's. It will cut down on attendance SO much, even though we told people to come in cars, that is fine. We'll see. We have lots of bullet point info that we've memorized to back up our cause.

Mandy, hope your birthday outing was great! Hi ChopperChick!
Old 04-30-2009, 09:47 PM   #60  

Holly, I really hope the Storm the Statehouse turns out good, in spite of the rain. It sux that it will be raining!

Truthfully, I think you need one more day of the Z-pack to knock the stuff out of you (do you have antibiotics for the infection too?). I know you want to get back to it and I understand...... I feel bad and I make worse food choices when I don't move, but you don't want to mess with an infection..... especially if you feel weird when you start exercising. Do 2 work outs when you get better if that is what you want, but I really would take one more day off.

I have been thinking about the chiropractor and I guess I will have to get another one (I don't use one a lot anymore-- about once every 4-6 months). I hate that he feels that way. You know if someone has not been FAT, not just minimally overweight but when the charts say "obese" or "overweight" they have no clue. You know...... I have really cold feet, and I am stressing and stress eating , but one thing I know is I want to be on the front porch or on the riding trail for the rest of my life with this man....... bottom line. I want him to be healthy, but if he does not lose another pound, I love him and I am soooo attracted to him. He is really a hottie, whether overweight or not.

I just got back from the sauna.... but it makes my skin feel so darn good..... and I hope it takes some of my stress "poundage" off!

I am turning in for the night Talk to you tomorrow