Old 04-22-2009, 12:21 PM   #16  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Tammy - thank you for that suggestion!!! could I get them from Rite-Aid, do you think? can they be Rite-Aids own brand, or choose something that seems better (more expensive ) I will definitely try it, because I am feeling that sensation right now after yard work, and also because of the anti-depression benefits. thanx again!

today I did Day 9 of Level 3 of The Shred, that leaves just one more day. And except for not being able to work out for 6 days because of too sick, I did it every day. Now what? because I did not limit my calories, I did not lose weight. But I know I have more strength. I NEEEEED a direct order from someone, to STRONGLY SUGGEST that I need to keep under a certain amount of calories or else I just will not lose. And I don't seem to be listening to myself

I didn't do much yesterday, it was cloudy and wet so I didn't do yard work. But today I did more raking, about an hour's worth.

Our friend Pickles is coming over this afternoon, she is a hair stylist and she is wonderful that she comes here to cut DH's hair - hair house calls!...but we don't tell anyone because she doesn't want others to bug her for that service also I use someone else as my stylist, but even after my two cuttings in a week, it STILL isn't how i want it. So I asked Pickles when I could make an appt. with her, and she said she'd do mine also here, isn't that nice? So I have to clean up the living room and we'll have her to supper here, and I will sneak some $ into her purse because she won't take money from us if we try to hand it to her
I just need my hair to be shorter on top, more layers on top and side, I dont' know why I couldn't communicate that to my regular stylist, twice.

Don't know if you recall, but our older son has a V-Strom, and he rides even when it's colder and wetter than I will - I am proud of him!! He also loves to mountain bike ride, and just bought a new one; now he wants to see if he can find a mount/bracket to put on his motorcycle, to carry his mountain bike around If he does, I will certainly post a pic. We're also really proud of him that he has lost weight, he's not sure because he didn't weigh himself in the beginning but it must be something like 30 or 40 pounds, he was getting too heavy for being so young (25) and Im' sooooo glad that he is adapting this very very healthy lifestyle now

well that's it for now, need to vacuum and such. Preparing for a guest is the best motive for me to clean

Hello to Mandy, ChopperChick, Gina and Jill!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 01:32 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

Holly, you should be able to get them at Rite Aide. The way you can tell if they are good is put them in the freezer..... if they freeze they are not all oil, there are additives in there. I forgot to tell you--- it maybe a 1-2 weeks before you see the difference, but like I said it will help with anti inflammatory--- and in the midst of all that stuff with my kids I started taking Lexapro--- but now I am off of it (only being on it about 6 weeks). I feel fine now.

That is so nice of Pickles! I am going to my hairdresser for a trim this Friday before Vegas. My hair is so long...... and DF does not ask much of me-- except that I keep it long (of sort). He knows that I am not going to keep it this long forever though. I am a natural blonde and it is turning white in places, so when it goes completely white.... it is getting cut. It has never been dyed, but I cannot handle seeing a blonde that has grey at the roots and the dull color on the ends. I will have to go one way or the other.

The key to me not eating a lot is I have to stay busy..... so I am cleaning like no ones business. I am trying to lose this one pound before Vegas so I will be at 70 (steady). Not sure what I am going to do about the trip exercise wise.... besides walking in Vegas.... but I know I don't want to have to post a gain when I get back! That would sooooo make me

I have to get back to work.

Mandy, Jill, Gina, Hope all is well. (CC- I know you are just busy as "all get out").
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:12 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Hi Ladies Well we got to ride this evening - YAY- so of course that is why I didn't get time to log on earlier..... Tomorrow DH is taking off work an hour early so we can go for a ride as well, it is going to be like 85 degrees tomorrow, but then Friday we are back down to 50-60 and rain on Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday so gotta get the rides in while we can

Hair well I was growing my out again but yesterday I decided I couldn't take it anymore and went and cut it off again- It was only about 3 inches this time but my hair grows super fast.

Holly great job on staying with your exercise program and all - I wish I had that motivation Hope you get the haircut that you want - I am sure Pickles will do an awesome job

Tammy you will be surprised at how much walking you actually do in Vegas - you are doing a great job with your weightloss one of these days I will get back on track but right now again I have no motivation - I have lots of reasons but no motivation..

Well my oldest (19) decided he wanted to get a new motocycle so we went to his bank where he has his checking and savings account but they told him that he didn't have enough credit with just having a pickup loan and then looked at both of us and said he really should get a credit card that would help- Of course I was like NO absolutely not he does not need a credit card if he can't pay for what he is buying then he doesn't need it (of course excluding major purchases) and then I looked at my son and said NO. So he really found a bike that he likes so today we went to the bank that he has his pickup loan through for the last year and they pulled his credit rating he is at 720 and never been late on his pickup payment and his debt ratio is 10% so they approved him and at a 6% interest rate- I don't ever remember being 19 and getting a 6% interest rate for a recreational vehicle so KUDOS to him. He is very excited but we can't go look at the bike that he really likes until tomorrow night so hopefully it looks as nice in person as picture
He is so excited -

Ok well it is after 10 and I have to be on the road early tomorrow so better be getting ready for bed-

Have a Good Night and a Good Thursday!!!
ChopperChick355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:54 AM   #19  
Biker Chick!

GOOD MORNING Chicks

Tammy, I went to Rite Aid yesterday with Fish Oil in mind but didn't jot down what you had said...so I spent time in front of all the fish oil capsules reading and debating..and decided to just come back here and write down what you said and then go get em!

Reda, congrats to your son! I know the plan of getting a credit card, making small purchases, paying them off promptly is a great idea for young people to build credit, but what a temptation! so I'm glad he got a great rate for a loan. And I also hopes the bike looks as good when he sees it .

I am happy with my haircut! it's alot shorter which is fine, and she did razor cutting which resulted in alot different lengths so lots of volume. Now if I just get it highlighted again I'll be set . I asked her , how do stylists feel when you switch to someone else? are there hurt feeings? and she thought that my stylist should be OK about it...or I could say that Pickles and I were doing shots one night and I 'dared' her to cut my hair, or something like that

Chicks today is the last day of the 30 Day Shred. Except for when I was sick, and missed 6 days (but made up the six days) I've done it every day. BUT I did not deny myself any food. I don't know why I just can't do better in that respect. But I know I have gained strength and endurance from doing the Shred, and I guess I will measure today and post the measurements. Maybe that will make me more accountable on the food end.

Or I need to make a countdown for our first road trip/biker party, the Harley Rendezvous in New York, it's in the middle of June. I've got to, at least, be comfortable in a tee shirt!! (I've always been self conscious of my arms)

I will come back and post after I exercise
Old 04-23-2009, 11:23 AM   #20  

Reda, Congrats on your ride and your son's new ride. It says a lot about him in this day and tie about his credit being able to pull an interest rate like that. Give him a big pat on the back from a biker chick in Arkansas that he (nor you for that matter) has ever met in person. Girl, don't beat yourself up over the "no motivation" you have done great with as busy as you are.

Holly, I can't wait for the measurements! I bet you did awesome. As I was riding my bike to work today, I was wondering if I told you to put the whole bottle or just a pill in the freezer----- it is just a pill if I told you wrong. I don't know what I was thinking.

I booked a room last night. I booked at the Stratosphere (even though it is far away) the walk does not bother me, but it will DF..... however it was just too cheap to pass up and he was okay with it. It was a $225 a night room for $48 a night..... I booked for 3 nights. It has my requirements of a King size bed and jetted jaccuzzi (spelling?). I chose it also b/c it is close to the marriage license place and the chapel. That will keep us and the bikes off the strip more (instead of us having to go back and forth). All 3 nights with all the fees they throw in are $188. I thought it was great.

Honestly, I would like to have my hair a little shorter, but DF does not ask for much and he gives me the world---- so I will keep it long I am going for a trim Friday though.

Holly, I have cheated on my hair stylist and I always tell her someone gave me a gift certificate for a package (which is normally true) and oddly enough after that--- she does my hair exactly like I want-- go figure.

I am truly getting excited about getting married now. A few weeks ago I think I was getting cold feet b/c of my age and the fact that this is #3 for me. (I married the first time at 15---- I was not pregnant but my mother was an alcoholic and not the mothering type). I married a pathological liar the 2nd time and raised his kids--- but I could not do it any longer). I swore off men and then this lovable biker cop showed up in my life..... the rest is history.
Old 04-23-2009, 11:24 AM   #21  
Biker Chick!

Okay, putting my measurements out for all to see

Starting stats, March 16 2009

Weight - 155
Bust (with sport bra) 35 1/2"
Under bust 31"
Waist 30 1/2 "
Lower waist (the fattest tummy part) 37"
Legs together, biggest visual part at thighs 41 1/2"
Left thigh 24 1/2"
Right thigh 25"
Left arm (extend arm; find fattest part) 13 1/2"
Right arm 13 1/2"
Left Calf 16 1/2"
Right calf 16 3/4"

Today April 23

Weight - 155
Bust - 35" (1/2" loss)(oh crap! I don't wanna lose here. Unless it was back fat!)
Waist 29 3/4 (3/4" loss)
Lower waist 36 3/4 (1/4" loss)
Legs together 41" (1/2" loss)
Left thigh 24 1/2"
Right thigh 25"
Left arm 14" (1/2 inch gain?? and it's not muscle...yet)
Right arm 13 1/2"
Left calf 16 1/4 " (1/4" loss)
Right calf 16 1/4" (1/2" loss)[/QUOTE]

Maybe I can do better with food now, seeing the above..that even with eating cookies, ice cream, a homemade dessert one night, big dinner portions and even seconds sometimes, a bowl of cereal before bed...I still lost a little space here and there I will try harder!!!
Old 04-23-2009, 12:29 PM   #22  

Holly, that is awesome!
Old 04-23-2009, 06:05 PM   #23  
Biker Chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyrider72472 View Post
Holly, that is awesome!
thank you Tammy! I guess it's not too bad. Okay, I'll give myself a dancing carrot

Quote:
... and then this lovable biker cop showed up in my life..... the rest is history.
duh to me, I guess I blipped over somewhere knowing that he was a cop...and is he a motor cop? that would be doubly awesome. Please let him know that people appreciate the danger that LEO's put themselves in, for the public's good.

and my god, you are due for a good husband!!! and

what are you wearing for your wedding?
Old 04-23-2009, 06:24 PM   #24  

Holly,

Sorry for the misunderstanding. He is a cop. He is not a motor cop-- although when gas was getting high they were considering it. He is just a cop who is a biker as well. Thanks for his recognition of service. He has been in it for 18 years. He has a personality that treats like a human (b/c some don't). No matter what they did, he tries to talk with them and not be judgemental-- while keeping his guard up to do his job. We live in a meth infested part of the country..... and he has a lot of people that ASK to be arrested by him b/c of his demeanor. He is also the D.A.R.E. officer and the kids love him. Okay, enough of me bragging on him. Thanks.

We are wearing jeans and a t-shirt. I did the "white gown" and it made no bearing in the longevity of the marriage (ha ha), so we are going to be comfy! Neither of the other times I got married did I do so with the intention of getting a divorce, but it happened. This is both mine and his 3rd time, we were married to each of the other spouses for the same periods of time..... for the same length of time. BUT when we started dating and saw it was going to be serious, we both agreed that if we got married, it was not going to be undone by man---- it would have to be by God. I am ready for that and so is he.

We are planning on marrying first thing in the AM (never done that before), then just doing whatever the rest of the day-- which may entail a tat. Not sure on that....... we are having problems finding a place that we can look up the review to that is going to be close to us.

I am not sure that I posted he was a cop before. I don't say much about it-- although I am very proud of him and his reputation.

I think I read somewhere that you have been married for a long time--- hats off to you and CC! You are certainly people that will be role models for youth (including your kids) to look up to in the days of the dying marriages.

Off my soap box now....
Old 04-23-2009, 06:55 PM   #25  
Biker Chick!

you are allowed to brag about that man, he sounds wonderful! and for kids to like him...well we know what a big deal that is! and you should feel free to talk about your upcoming nuptials all you want, we want to hear and share your joy with finding such a great mate for life.

I've been married for ... a long time in November it will be 30 years we each just got lucky, I guess

my food so far for today -

1 cup yogurt
banana
can of tuna fish, 2T lite mayo, salad greens and raw veggies
1 cup yogurt
big chicken breast, with 2 Tbsp cream cheese inside
big green salad

This is sparse for me!!! but I feel okay. I made up some cups of sugar free jello and have those ready for 'have to eat something' attacks.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:45 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

Anyone but me think Holly looks some where around the age of 12??
willow650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:01 PM   #27  

Mandy, And I DO! No, I am not practicing for Vegas...... I have always though Holly looks MUCH younger than she is. And to be married almost 30 years that is phenomenal. Time has been good to her. We have a joke around here, there is a Pizza Inn (of course it has to be about food) commerical that says "thirty years ago-- he proposed to me at Pizza Inn" and the girl sounds about 12. Now I can put a name and face with it as Wayne is kidding about him picking her up in daycare. Holly, hope you don't mind us saying so--- but you do look good/young for your age.

How have you been Mandy? Boxing?

Y'all please say a doggie prayer for my female weenie dog. She hurt her leg somehow tonight before I got home and she is just laying around shaking. I hate that for animals when they are in pain. She is 9 years old and she and her male partner have been the best couch potatoe dogs a fat girl could ask for. They don't quite understand why mommy don't sit with them as much as she used to..... they are the best.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:24 AM   #28  
Biker Chick!

Quote:

Y'all please say a doggie prayer for my female weenie dog. She hurt her leg somehow tonight before I got home and she is just laying around shaking. I hate that for animals when they are in pain. She is 9 years old and she and her male partner have been the best couch potatoe dogs a fat girl could ask for. They don't quite understand why mommy don't sit with them as much as she used to..... they are the best.
oh I'm so sorry to hear that!! i HOPE it is maybe just a strain and that she will be okay!
Old 04-24-2009, 07:29 AM   #29  
Biker Chick!

You chicks are too nice!! you should see me without my contact lenses and no makeup but thank you!

I'll check back after I work out OH and ONE on-program day under my belt.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:18 AM   #30  

Thanks for the weenie dog prayers. I hope it is a strain too. She still won't get up. She is shaking--- so I know she is in pain.

Holly, every barn looks a little better with paint---- so don't go discounting you looking younger on contacts and make up. You really do look much younger than your age. Hey-- speaking of age--- has anyone done your "real age" on that .com website. It takes a little time to do it online (I don't suggest you doing it at work), but it is neat. With my weight like it is now--- my body thinks it is 6 months older than it is. BUT, I did it with my weight like it was when I started and there was 10 years difference! OUCH!

My "ex- step" daughter is in the hospital today having her 2nd baby. I will be going there after work.

Tammy