Old 06-07-2009, 03:56 PM   #196  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

Hey CC: sorry it is raining. At least you are getting housework done.

I need to be working on the house, but my back is really stiff. I am trying to baby it so I can do bootcamp tomorrow. I don't think it is bootcamp making it sore-- I sat in a car all day yesteray and sitting is the kiss of death for my back. So, I am trying to be ready for boot camp tomorrow. We will see.

It is pretty here and I don't feel like riding---- that sucks.

I will yell at ya later.
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 09:15 PM   #197  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

good evening! this morning I did 30 Day Shred, level 3.

I guess I was tired out from yesterday's ride! today was a regular day at work, I got there at about 8:30 a.m., and made some squares for 32 ppl for lunch, a birthday cake for tonight, and 75 eclairs for tonight. and it took me like 6 hours and after riding home, I laid down and slept for almost 2 hours!

sorry you do not have riding weather, CChick hope that changes for you soon! and sorry about the pain in your back, Tammy.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 07:31 PM   #198  
Biker Chick!

good evening chicks! this morning I did a Cathe dvd, I haven't done one of them since I started 30 Day Shred-ding! It was 40 minutes and challenging (sweating buckets!)

Rain coming here tonight, and for tomorrow, so I'll be in the cage.

VERY sad, today a local motorcyclist was killed when a guy in a car, who was proven tested for drug / alcohol use, crossed the center line and slammed head on into the biker RIP.

have a great night chicks
Old 06-09-2009, 08:55 AM   #199  

Good Morning!

Holly, that is so sad about the motorcyclist. It is very sad that someone that had no business on the road!

I did day 4 of boot camp. I really like going...... but I had been playing with the pounds from Vegas (the same 4 pounds) for almost a month now.... and now I am up 1 from that. I am hovering over that 199-200 mark. It makes me SOOOO mad I know it is not true "fat" but my gosh it is frustrating.

I am trying to keep my head up and stay off the scales daily....... I am NOT quitting boot camp though, I really like it. I get that "runners" high when I get done. And the instructors are really great. The owner (man) is soooo funny! Monday and Thurs are arms, Tues and Fri are legs...... and he does legs. When we were stepping today he was yelling, "no more fried chicken- huh- no more fried chicken-huh" to the beat of the music and our steps. He is just funny!

Well, I was going to ride to work today but there is a chance of rain.... so I didn't.

Holly, I have to hand you a fist full of kudos! I would never be able to lose weight if I were a cook/pastry cook! NO WAY!

I am going to get busy!

Tammy
Old 06-09-2009, 03:08 PM   #200  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

hey yall

I got up this morning at 6:30, hopped on my bicycle and road 8 miles, last night took a long walk with hubby, night before that, I walked 3miles, ran up and down some stairs, some tricep dips, ab work and pushups(routine me and couple others have at night after church)

Dont' worry Tammy, just keep at it, the body will let go of those pesky pounds eventually, you tell them who's boss

oh wow holly, so sad about the biker, I hope the drugged driver is punished accordingly
willow650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 07:31 PM   #201  

Thanks Mandy. Boy, you have been kicking that exercise in the butt haven't you?

Holly, keep us posted on what they do to the dope head that killed the motorcyclist.

CC-- I know you are in the middle of a busy week.

Hey ladies, I am in a diet "funk"...... kicking around a few ideas. Do y'all journal or write your food down? I am trying to eat healthier, but once I find something decent I usually find out it is JUNK.... I soooo need Holly's cooking talent I can cook if I really put my mind to it, but I am about as creative as a brown paper bag.

I am going to get off here for now. No boot camp on Wednesday...... so I get to sleep in a little--- but I still need to take Jake for a walk.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:24 AM   #202  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning running a little behind today but wanted to jump on here quick because I don't believe I will have time again until maybe this weekend sometime.

Sounds like everyone is kicking some butt on exercising that is great

I will check back in later have a GREAT DAY!!!!
ChopperChick355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 03:46 PM   #203  
Biker Chick!

Hey chicks! Hi from rainy Vermont, it's been off and on since last Sunday I think!

I haven't heard any updates on the status of the case against the impaired driver...

I skipped 2 days of exercising this week. Eh. I did level 3 of the Shred today and of course that kicked butt! MY butt.

Tammy, I wish I was creative at 'good' food cooking; my interest lies solely in the sweet stuff, unfortunately! lately we've been having chicken breast, and salad. It can get boring.

I don't journal my food, I should.

RIGHT NOW outside there is sun, and it's been out for about an hour, maybe the grass is dried enough to mow it...that is, if the @$%&*!*! mower will start for me

have a nice afternoon chicks
Old 06-13-2009, 10:15 AM   #204  

Good Morning all, had some friends call last night about a poker run today but not having much luck talking DH into going. We were out late last night had our State Eagles Convention this week and it has been super busy getting off work at 4 and going straight there till about 11 or so each night. Last night though we didn't get home till about 1am. I did deal blackjack last night and made about $100 in tips. Sold a $500 pull tab as well yesterday and that wonderful nice lady gave me $30 bucks. So yesterday was profitable even though it all went back to the auction but hey it was for a good cause (diabetes research)

Ok well going to try to talk DH into going on ride one more time then I guess I will start cleaning up the house

Have a Great Weekend
Old 06-14-2009, 12:32 PM   #205  

Ya I talked him into going on Poker Run yesterday it was so nice and the money raised was going to send care packaged to our Siouxland Soldiers

We finally had a great day for a ride- only had to wear t-shirt and jacket put about 200 miles which was a perfect distance for me yesterday with the long week I have had.

Of course after poker run we headed to the races and DS got 1st in Heat adn 2nd in Feature - they also sponsered Kids Night last night and gave away a boy and girl bike and also had candy toss the kids loved it

Well getting laundry and stuff done this morning so better get going- Have a Great Sunday
Old 06-15-2009, 10:53 AM   #206  

CC: I am glad you are getting to ride more. You stay so busy. And congrats on your son getting 1st.

sorry I have been MIA, been busy. I am guessing by the lack of posts from Holly and Mandy they are too. Summer is busy for us "hawt biker chicks".

I am loving boot camp, but hating this scale funk. I must be in some form of plateau. I knew it was coming, but hoping it would not be here for this long! I keep teetering no matter what I do! I keep thinking if I get mad that will burn more calories...... but it is not happening! I am not quitting boot camp though b/c I like the feeling I get after doing it. It is a sense of accomplishment.

CC: your trip is getting closer.... I wish mine was not behind me. I miss being out on the road and time alone with DH! I hope you have a great time!
Old 06-15-2009, 04:20 PM   #207  

Ya we are only like 2.5 weeks away from our mini bike trip to Algona (Freedom Rally) that is just that a weekend party getaway What a blast

But in the mean time yes Sturgis is getting closer and closer that is our main summer vacation we go for 9 days and just enjoy the riding, camping, and meeting new friends and seeing all of our old friends

Also now this week I got Vegas trip also planned out and we are going over Halloween that should be a blast.

Well my weight loss has not been happening one bit- I have been maintaining and my exercise has been on some days and off alot of days just haven't had alot of motivation - Summers well they are super busy for us we do not hardly ever get downtimem till after September 1st.

Well I think Holly should be getting ready for her rally this weekend, not real sure though?

Talk to you later
Old 06-15-2009, 09:36 PM   #208  
Biker Chick!

Hey friends! I love being busy, although it means I'm not here so very often! Lets see...last Saturday I did my regular baking at work, then stayed to work in the dining room. Which was only from 5 to 8:30, but it had been a long day, and it started raining so I decided to spend the night at the Club, up in Staff quarters.

It was cozy and nice to have no snoring going on next to me I don't mind sleeping anywhere else. I can sleep just about anywhere. I was a little worried about not waking up on time because of no alarm clock; no worries! at flippin' 4:45 a.m. the sun was coming up, the birds were yakkin, and I was awake

I showered, and padded downstairs in my t shirt, shorts and socks, to just start two pots of coffee, 1 reg. and 1 decaf. Then the early risers started coming in!! FIVE pots of coffee later I was able to get away, get dressed for real and start work. LOL, I never knew the guests started charging in so early and had their big thermoses to fill, to take out on the porch or out in the rowboats.

Let's see if I can remember my workouts lately. Friday - 30 day shred, level 3. and then grass cutting. Saturday, 30 day shred again, level 3 again. Sunday, nada. Today, a Cathe dvd, the long one, 45 minutes, its cardio and strength.

But the scale has not budged. I'm not gaining, so that's something to be thankful for, right. IF I kept to 1200 calories I know I'd lose. It's just so hard. Okay, enough whining

Tammy, I'm so glad you're still enjoying bootcamp! and ChopperChick, I'm so glad you had a nice long ride, with warm weather!

My rally is in two weeks, well a little over two weeks, I'm leaving Friday the 26th (husband is leaving a day early) and we get back on Sunday afternoon. This is the Harley Rendezvous, it's outside of Amsterdam, NY. I've been tanning, though I'm so fair I don't really show much color, so I will be relying on bronzers. Got my hair cut and lightened yesterday, and I know I did say 'short on top' and 'lots of blonde' and now I am a very short-haired, very light-headed person I hope I adapt to it

I had off today, and it was forecast to be potentially very rainy. It was sunny for a while in the morning, but I was very focused on stuff to do here. I worked out first, then cleaned!!! Don't give me too many accolades because I let it go for so long, that I couldn't stand it anymore! Looks better in here, more comfortable. Can't stand sitting and looking at the mess

When out today, I did buy a few more flowers/plants for the deck. I got some vivid pink petunias, white ones; pink and white impatience; a vinca; and some more pansies. Then after dinner even though I wanted to veg out, I went out and potted everything up, then tidied up the deck, and then attacked some ferns that have gotten out of control. WHY do I have so much energy some days, and I'm a lump many other days???

Well I have to make up our bed with the nice clean sheets I laundered today, and tomorrow is my early day to cook breakfast for the masses have a great night friends!
Old 06-16-2009, 08:51 AM   #209  

Wow Holly you have been busy.

I am like you...... I tanned for 2 months before Vegas faithfully and as you can see by my pictures, I am still fair skinned. I am really thinking this is going to be my last year tanning. I just don't want the cancer or the wrinkles or the leathered look when I get older. I hate to see an attractive woman and when you see her face you are like "dang" what happened. That happened to me on Saturday. I won't say who it was, but from a distance she is really good looking, but her face is like a 60+ year old on a 20 year old body---- and that is not for me.

I applaud you for sticking to your work out! That is awesome. And, I bet the guests at work really like you. You sound like a hoot to be around.

CC: I dig the picture of you and the pizza! I think it is on facebook? It is a good pic of you.

Mandy: Hope the summer is going good for you.

I don't have any rides planned, but I am planning to begin riding to work. I have not been b/c of the freaking rain! I am hoping we are doing with that spell now.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:08 AM   #210  

Good Morning Chickies

Well I agree weather is the pits- we are under thunderstorm/tornado warnings with hail today- but this weekend is looking Great in the 80's and sunshine - that would just be great since we are on another poker run for
Awesome Biker Nights -

Pizza Pete ya that was from Grand Opening, picture not so good after working that many hours but I thought I would get them posted a few have asked about them. And ya I finally got them posted last night on facebook

Holly you have been busy and at least for the most part you are still working out and you are maintaining that is important. 2 weeks till your rally are you getting excited? Dh leaves before you so do you ride out with friends?

Well I started tanning last week one day then haven't been back since- I really do need to get back there, just a few times will do, but then again I probably don't have to worry to much because we haven't had warm enough weather to go riding without jacket or leather coat.....Hopefully this weekend though

Well got my heart monitor report back and made doc appt for this morning at 9am to go over it the letter said it was normal except for the over 3 hours of tachycardia where my heart rate was as high as 150 beats per minute but then also that I had over 6 hours of bradycardia of which my heart rate was as low as 44 beats per minute- I guess I am not sure if this
is normal or not so made doc appt to talk about it.

I will check back in later, Have a great day