Old 04-24-2009, 09:22 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

By the way Holly----- CONGRATS on the one day on plan. (I just thought the bubbles were cute).

Tammy
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 09:45 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Good Friday Morning- finally

Tammy that is awesome that your DF is a cop- some don't really like cops but you know that is because they have done something wrong in their life so not the fault of the cops..... I couldn't imagine, I would be worried everyday that he left. Stratosphere that is an awesome price and like you said everything is close by there, that is good because sometimes the traffic is horrible in Vegas and trying to drive in it is even worse...
Not sure about a tattoo place there, we have been to a couple but not down by where you are staying, I am sure that there has to be something but not knowing what kind of work they do would make it a little scary but you may luck out and they could be doing some when you walk in that you could watch for a bit.....

Yes prayers out to the weenie dog- hope her leg is feeling better?

Holly great job at the end of your Shred - there were some inches lost and that is what it is about. 30 years that is awesome our best friends (scott and carol)will be married 30 years this summer, ya they are a little older than us but we met about 17 years ago and we are riding, racing and partying together
Actually we met at the race track my hubby was racing 2 tracks and he blew up saturday night but sunday night track was championship night and he had to race because he was only in first by like 5 points and that is how we met Scott, after he blew up Scott went over to him saturday night and offered him his motor out of his race car because we did not have time to rebuild a new motor since he raced on sunday so it was only like 18 hours away and we are about 17 years later, we got them into riding motocycle together then about 5 years ago she started riding her own as well
But anyways 30 years is along time and that is awesome because you just don't see that happening much anymore. We have been married for 20 years, yep the out of high school marriage that no one thought would last and then it was oh once kids leave house it won't last either but we have lots in common and do lots of stuff together, that is what makes it

Tammy take pictures so you can post a few when you get back-

Well late for work so better get my butt going- racing tonight so not sure I will be able to check back in till tomorrow
ChopperChick355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:23 AM   #33  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

back again - I did Level 1 of The Shred, because I wanted to see if it was "easy" now - not really! - and then I did Karen Voigt's step/strength tape, its about 40 minutes.

Hi Reda!! good to hear from you and congrats to you on your 20!
When you speak of husband 'blowing up' - that means blowing out the motor, and not the whole car, right? yikes!

continued good healing thoughts going out to little Missy Weiner dog...can dogs handle people aspirin for pain I wonder?

those bubbles are cute, we have so many smilies here to choose from.

I've seen that 'Real Age' thing, and was hesitant to click on it because I didn't want to open a flood of spam because of it, or find out that it costs something...is it free?

Beautiful sun here and warming up, it's almost 50 now, and s'posed to be 70 degrees today and tomorrow! woo hooo, now if I can only get my bike back from mechanics without a murder being committed...
me ------><-------mechanic
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 03:14 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

Hey ya'll remember that International Female Ride Day is May 1st
willow650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 10:12 AM   #35  
Biker Chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow650 View Post
Hey ya'll remember that International Female Ride Day is May 1st
I did NOT know about that! thanks for the word! May 1 is also Storm the Statehouse, it's really big in Mass. and we're trying to make it come alive here.

good morning chicks! parts STILL have not arrived for my bike, so I'm just going to pick it up and ride it for three days. Ive been assured that riding with the fork seals leaking is just messy at this point. And today is TOO beautiful to give up. I don't really mind riding behind husband, but I'd rather ride my own.

this morning I did The Biggest Loser Cardio; warmup, then 20 minutes with Bob, and THEN for the first time, 10 minutes with the blonde lady instructor; and then cooldown. Her moves were kickboxing style and I don't really love that, but I'll do it.

I did not do as good yesterday with calorie restriction yesterday. Two steps ahead and one step back will eventually get me more ahead

have a great day and BE SAFE!
Old 04-25-2009, 09:18 PM   #36  

Hey Holly, way to go on getting your bike..... I would have done the same thing.

And you are not doing to badly on your eating even if you are taking a step back. You kick butt on the exercise.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:53 AM   #37  
Biker Chick!

Good morning! It was 83 here yesterday We hardly get that even in July, lol! DH, our friend Pickles and I rode for 100 miles. It was GREAT. It was so warm I wanted to ride without jacket and gloves, but Pickles reminded me that it's still early in the season, and cagers aren't really aware of us yet...so better to be safe than sorry.

Tammy, how is little Miss Weiner dog doing with her hurt leg?

Today is 20 degrees cooler, and it rained overnight. Our lawn is suddenly green!

Laundry needs to be done bigtime, and general household stuff.

Oh right, this morning I did The Biggest Loser Cardio, warm up and then 20 minutes with Bob. I wanted to get that out of the way before I went grocery shopping which I just got back from. Maybe I'll do an additional workout this afternoon.

have a great day!
Old 04-26-2009, 01:00 PM   #38  

Holly, I swear you are in Arkansas with that kind of weather, snow one day and 80 something the next! But, we will take it when we can get it.

Lil Miss Weenie dog is going great! Thanks for the prayers! She is up and running. I had been giving her baby aspirin when she was down. It took her a good 24 hours to get up and move around. I was worried. But, she is herself again. Thanks for asking.

I am not as dedicated as I was, and I am struggling to exercise and eat right on the weekends. I guess the man upstairs is pushing me to go back to eating right. I ate Krystal burgers yesterday and I have been paying for it every since then--- my tummy is NOT happy!

When I get back from Vegas (listen to me-- it is like the pre diet-- when Monday gets here I am going to diet), I am going to hit it hard like I had before.

Most of the deal is we don't stay home much on the weekends. It is hard to eat good when we are out. I know you girls understand. When we are riding, it is not likely we are going to stop at a Mc ToFu place, we are at the roadside stores or mom and pop places that have awesome food..... I am still trying to make an adaption to it. I am heading off the big weight gains with SF Monday...... but I am not sure that is a real life style. Anyone with suggestions?

Tammy
Old 04-26-2009, 05:19 PM   #39  
Biker Chick!

"Mc Tofu" And I have to ask ... what are Krystal burgers? we're so isolated here..it wasn't until being in Ohio that we had a White Castle burger, a friend got them for us when he learned we had never had them.

I don't think that having a specific day for SF is that bad...it IS hard when you're out riding and don't have that many choices. Yesterday I made myself eat lunch here before we left, because I knew that I'd get hungry out there. We still did stop for ice cream so I wasn't perfect either Just keep doing your best when you can!

OH this is funny. I use a Mac Apple laptop, and had NO idea that there are ver strong magnets in the upper right and left corners of the top 'lid' that aid in snapping the whole thing shut. Well just now I had the laptop on my lap, and leaned down to pick up something from the floor, and SNAP! my earring and the magnet connected, and I was slightly freaking out because I didn't know what was going on DH disconnected me, while laughing pretty hard

have a great evening!
Old 04-26-2009, 06:20 PM   #40  

Holly, thanks for the laugh! I work on a mac laptop at work when I am not on the treadmill desk and I did not know they had a magnet either, but thanks for the warning. Us blondes have to stick together! Now, I will fess up and tell you my blonde story. I was driving to work Friday after I brought the dogs in from playing in the yard. While going down the road I noticed a flea on my finger (our neighbors never treat their dog), and I went to roll down my window to get it out. Well, it was on my left hand, so I took my hand off the wheel and got the flea with my right hand and put it out the window. Well, like a genious I thought I would roll the window (electric) down further and shake my hand just to make sure the flea was not clinging..... and I hit the button the wrong way! Those freaking power windows HURT and work quickly. I was panicing so here I am driving with no hands on the wheel trying to gather my senses enough to get my hand out. I finally did, but when I did it was numb. Like a true biker chick all I could think of was can I use it to brake with (forget that I make a living typing) ...... anyway I felt like such a blonde b/c I hit the button the wrong way and was in a panic!

Krystal burgers are very much like White Castle.

Now I have a question and confession at once. I feel soooo bad on the weekends. If we are not out and moving on the bikes I am soooo sleepy and lethargic. I wonder if you all think (this is probably a no brainer) that it is from my not exercising near as much and the food choices? Do you experience it too? I am thinking that it what it is and I am going to have to do better b/c it is almost like my "fat" days when I feel like this..... I just want to sleep!

Reda, how was your weekend besides BUSY?

Mandy, how about you?

Tammy
Old 04-26-2009, 06:53 PM   #41  
Biker Chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyrider72472 View Post
Now I have a question and confession at once. I feel soooo bad on the weekends. If we are not out and moving on the bikes I am soooo sleepy and lethargic. I wonder if you all think (this is probably a no brainer) that it is from my not exercising near as much and the food choices? Do you experience it too? I am thinking that it what it is and I am going to have to do better b/c it is almost like my "fat" days when I feel like this..... I just want to sleep! Tammy
I know for one that if I eat too many simple carbs (breakfast cereal as a 'snack', more than 1 piece of bread a day, second helpings, or at the worst really no-no stuff) I absolutely feel so lethargic; I can feel my heartbeat and it feels like sludge is moving through my system; if I park myself on the couch I do NOT want to move.

And I definitely should not eat until full; that gives me the same feeling as above.

Not working out doesn't affect me the same way, but I beat myself up mentally and that's almost as bad.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:48 PM   #42  

well the simple carbs have been part of the weekend diet. I am sooooo going to do SF for at least tomorrow and get my body back in sync and then try once again to not do this to myself next weekend. It is odd---- even though the SF has a lot of sugar (compared to other shakes and things) I am okay with it and it seems to work for me--- and that is how I have lost weight this time-- not sticking to one plan and doing what works for me. I am going to hit a solid 70 pounds before I leave for Vegas if it--- well you know.

I am hitting the hay early.

Night y'all.

Tammy
Old 04-26-2009, 10:18 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Well Hello Ladies

Geez summers are so busy I feel like I am missing out on so much here. But racing with great Friday he got 5th could have been way worse. He did get to lead one lap as well. I downloaded a 4 minute clip on youtube so I will post link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZdA4t_1Koo

I did get my 3 miles in everyday but Friday, today was busy catching up on everything before work week starts back up. Just sat down and logged on computer to download race and thought I haven't logged on yet all weekend so thought I had better drop in and say Hi

Glad to hear that you got to ride Holly, our weather has been all over the place Friday we were in the 70's then Saturday back down in the 40's and nothing but rain today Rain on Monday and Tuesday as well.

You know I have not been eating right or exercising the greatest and I am feeling just so tired and lethargic and I know it is my food choices.

Well I suppose I should get off here and finish up dishes and all. I will try to log on tomorrow.
Have a Great Monday
ChopperChick355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 07:19 AM   #44  
Biker Chick!

good morning chicks Reda, that was great to watch!! I caught my breath also at 1:56 when his car got sooo close to the other one. thanks for sharing!

cloudy here, but forecasters insist it's gonna clear up by noon and be 80 again! I will do my household 'have-to's" this morning, then go riding this afternoon. I actually have more flyers about Storm the Statehouse to post anywhere, so that gives me a wonderful reason to ride

I'll check back in after I work out.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:42 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

morning everyone! Its Monday and I am still so tired from Saturday. We rode 260 mile round trip, and lots of walking. Did I mention we went to Leesburg Bikefest? We first stopped at breakfast Golden Corral then rode down, parked on main street, walked a bit, saw some vendors, ect, got back on the bikes, rode to a barbecue place and ate dinner, then rode back home. left at 7am, got home at 9:30. I can't seem to muster up any will power when it comes to dinning out, why is that?? I will be weighing myself in a little bit and I am not looking forward to it. I seriously want to commit to 1 day on plan with diet AND exercise. I haven't managed that in weeks. actually, I really wish for 2 days on plan since Wednesday is a trip to Disney and no chance of op that day.
willow650 is offline   Reply With Quote