Old 04-07-2009, 03:07 PM   #121  
Success is a journey

S/C/G: 200/173/140

Height: 5'5

I honestly love plain old water... but on days when I am hungry and don't want to eat... crystal light ties me over to the next snack or meal. I will continue to have it from time to time regardless of what they say. I don't overdo it and if I am losing consistently then I think it is fine.

Honestly though... I would have thought they could have given me a real answer...
mememegogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:13 PM   #122  
Success is a journey

My meals for today so far:

1 oz rye toast
1/2 tbsp low sodium Peanut butter
1 sliced orange

Stuffed Pepper:
Lots of fresh garlic
4 oz lean ground beef
1 med tomato diced
1 med red pepper (sliced in half and seeded)
1/2 oz cheese (I had a Tbsp milk in my coffee this a.m.)
1/2 c rice
Spices (a dash of pepper, chili powder, paprika and 1/4 tsp worcestershire sauce)
bake at 450 for 20 - 30 minutes

Can you tell I am off work and bored?!? LOL!
Old 04-07-2009, 04:00 PM   #123  
trying to be the real me!

S/C/G: 289/281/270

yeah I was told no on the flavoured water because of the sodium..it showed when i was drinking that instead. I am waiting for an answer on crystal light. will post when I get a reply
2 dogs 1 lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 04:42 PM   #124  

I have an answer..
well full of aspertame so no..no good but a glass a day cannot hurt but it doesnt count as your water.

from me now...aspertame has been thought to add to cancer causing issues..
Old 04-07-2009, 05:45 PM   #125  
Success is a journey

That is pretty much what I discovered too. But I would rather have crystal light now and again than a diet pop. I don't like pop and the sodium is thru the roof. I have a hard time believing that 5 mg of sodium will make or break you though. And if you seriously dillute the crystal light then what harm could it cause... and why can't it count as water? Caffeine issues I understand... sodium I understand... diuretic drinks I understand... but Crystal light (other than the aspartame) is not the worst thing in the world. I drink water 99% of the time but by golly.. I won't feel bad about the occassional splurge on Crystal light.

My mother in law stopped by so I haven't even had lunch yet and it is almost 5 PM! YIKES!
Old 04-07-2009, 07:12 PM   #126  
banned

Height: 5'8

I too try to stay away from the aspartame...don't really like the taste anyways. I haven't drank much soda either... I think one on my first day and then I decided to simply drink my water.

I opened one tonight...and omg, the taste of it...and the feeling that I had in my stomach...no thanks. Fed it once again to hubby LOL

So I weighed myself at home tonight...usual time I got to HM.
Seems like I might have lost another 0.6 pounds.
WI & measurements tomorrow - exciting!!

To my surprise, I'm really enjoying this and I don't feel deprived AT ALL.
Mind over matter I guess... I feel happy, full of energy, and so motivated.
Of course...it's only the start of the 2nd week...but I feel like this is it.

Happy Happy!
Chantal0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:27 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Hey all!

I totally agree, I have no idea why CL can't count as water! Maybe just to try to limit the amount you have in order to get your water in for the day?

I've tried Crystal Light a few times but am not a huge fan, although it's not because of the aspartame cause I still like my coke 0.

Chantal: good job on the weight loss!

UFF: Great job on the wieght loss milestone!! You'll have to get yourself an awesome reward (although I'm sure the lost pounds are almost reward enough)

I have no idea what my body's problem is... go for my next wi Saturday and the scale is not showing a change. Took all of your advice and am resisting cutting out my FE in order to help with weight loss but I don't know what else to do. Worried that it had to do with having limited BM so took some Senoket (sp?) that they recommended to see if that helped but no change.

Any ideas/suggestions? I'm starting to get very frustrated. It's not like I lost a lot at the beginning to help me get through it either...

Last edited by MicheleR; 04-07-2009 at 07:31 PM.
MicheleR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:44 PM   #128  
Success is a journey

I had the elimination problem too. High fibre helps...
I bought the HM Soft Cleanse and at the same time used a laxative tea I got from the local health food store. I believe it is Senna Tea. It did the trick! You can go in and ask and they will know exactly what you are talking about.

Also, try sprinkling ground flax seed (ie. 1 tsp on oatmeal) or something like that. Drink more than ever before, steer clear of coffee, and increase the activity. All of these things combined should get things moving. I had a 4+ lb drop the week I did all of that. FELT GREAT!
My centre also told me to drop my Calcium down to 1/day until things 'got moving'. I hope this helps as I know exactly how terrible it feels to be bloated and heavy feeling. Hang in there... one of these days you will have a significant drop. Our bodies need time to adjust to all of the changes. I hope this helps.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:54 PM   #129  
Mistakes Don't Define Me

S/C/G: 328.6/272.0/160

Height: 5'7"

Well as far as a reward for the lost pounds, you're right the loss is almost enough...HOWEVER, i did put an offer in on a house...so maybe that will be my reward!!?? Will find out tomorrow, cross your fingers for me ladies!!
UglyFatFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 10:41 PM   #130  

UFF: Fingers are crossed! Hopefully you hear back soon as anticipation can be a killer!

Meme: Thanks for the advice! I really hate tea but may have to grab some as a last resort! For now I'll up the water and ask about the calcium next time I'm in! Also need to try and sneak in some cardio this week somewhere...

P.S. My initial thought about drinking more was.. "Yay Brown Cows, here I come" haha. Still trying to cope with lack of beverages... don't like the hard liquor so no point wasting my FE on it!

Have an awesome Wednesday ladies!
Old 04-08-2009, 05:13 AM   #131  

if you have more questions that you arent getting answers..there is a site on facebook where 5 or more people there are owners or branches as well as counslelors that can give ideas.

my theory..if you arent or cant follow the program as they direct, you really cant complain about it "w.l" not happening.,.you pay the money to lose it, therefore follow a proven program. tweak it as you like..but you have to be responsible for the results or lack of.

friend..Best of luck on the offer!! I know how it was when I bought mine! I was on pins and needles for awhile!!!! let us know as soon as you can!!
Old 04-08-2009, 08:25 AM   #132  
banned

Default For Michele

Michele: Have you tried varying your menu?

Here's what I've been doing. I'll try it for a while and see what it does for me.

Breakfast:
I've been switching from a Smoothie (tofu, milk, fruit) one day to cereal the next.

Lunch:
Today, I'm having salad w chicken.
Tomorrow, I'll have a protein with a starch.
Fri, I'll have veggies w protein.

Dinner:
Same deal.
Today, I'll have a protein w starch.
Tomorrow, I'll have veggies w protein

Might be worth a try. And vary what you eat...cause your body gets used to eating the same thing... Anyhow, these are my thoughts!

And for the BM, you could take some Flexseed Oil Caplets...doesn't count as anything and helps! And is ok with HM too.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:28 AM   #133  
banned

Happy Wednesday Everyone!

I'm so full of energy!! It's a GREAT day...even with the snow.

WI tonight & measurements - EXCITING!
I think I've lost another pound...plus can't wait to see the inches.

Wishing everyone a great day!
Old 04-08-2009, 12:39 PM   #134  

Thanks for the info ladies! I'll try Meme's suggestions first and if that doesn't work then try to change things up a bit as per your info Chantal! Already on my third bottle of water today!

Meme: Do you remember how much the cleanse from HM was? Just want to know what to expect...

A bunch of the staff are going for pizza smorg lunch today...yummy. But, as Lady said, if you can't follow the program you won't see any changes. Besides, less money out of my pocket!

For lunch I'll stick with my chicken, peas and potato! And blueberry yogurt... yum
Old 04-08-2009, 01:51 PM   #135  
banned

Default Recipe!

Here's a recipe I'll be doing tonight

Pan-Fried Pasta Pancake with Vegetables
Serves 4
Try this tasty alternative to plain pasta. It's fun to make, it reheats well, and thanks to the egg substitute, it contains no cholesterol.

Ingredients
8 ounces dried pasta, such as linguine, vermicelli, or spaghetti
1 medium carrot, shredded
2 green onions (green and white parts), thinly sliced
1/2 cup fresh snow peas, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1 teaspoon canola or corn oil
Egg substitute equivalent to 4 eggs
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
Cooking Instructions
Prepare the pasta using the package directions, omitting the salt and oil. Drain in a colander and transfer to a large bowl. Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes.
Stir the carrot, green onions, snow peas, and sesame oil into the pasta.
Heat a 10-inch nonstick omelet pan over medium heat. Pour the oil into the pan and swirl to coat the bottom. Heat for 30 seconds. Carefully spread the pasta mixture evenly in the pan; cook for 1 minute without stirring.
In a small bowl, stir together the egg substitute and pepper and salt if desired. Pour over the pasta, tilting the pan to distribute the egg evenly (do not stir).
Cook, covered, over low heat for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the eggs are thoroughly cooked. To brown the other side, invert the pancake onto a plate, slide it back into the pan, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
Nutrition Analysis (per serving)
278Calories
3.5 gTotal Fat
0.5 gSaturated Fat
0.0 gTrans Fat
1.0 gPolyunsaturated Fat
1.0 gMonounsaturated Fat
0 mgCholestrol
290 mgSodium
47 gCarbohydrates
5 gFiber
3 gSugar