Old 03-31-2009, 10:34 AM   #46  
banned

Height: 5'8

I started my pills this am... (Chromium & W2000)... Is it normal that I feel weird...kind of dizzy?
I didn't need to modify my breakfast at all...so I know it's not that I'm not eating enough...just wondering.
Chantal0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:39 PM   #47  
banned

Any good links for recipes??
Old 03-31-2009, 01:46 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Hi Chantal! Welcome to the group! I'm also fairly new so I can't tell you a whole lot about the program except that planning is definitely the key and I survive mostly on leftovers so that I can limit my cooking (no time or patience... really not my forte)

As far as recipes... you probably have the first recipe book to get you started. There are also a few additional recipes on the HM website. I'm not really creative and don't mind being repetitive in my eating (for a while anyways) so I haven't done a whole lot of research into extra recipes yet.

No major problems witht the pills for me... just seem to be in a funk since I started the program. No major increase in energy and my mood has been in the gutter (not sure if this is due to the pills or the lack of eating whatever I want whenever I want... which I will have to get over )

Hope your first few days on the program are good! You'll have to keep us updated with your progress along the way!
MicheleR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 01:53 PM   #49  
banned

About those supplements... I saw (on the Herbal Magic #2) that 2 dog was telling someone else about the GNC...how you can get the same supplements we take at Herbal Magic at a lesser cost...

Is that what some of you are doing???
Old 03-31-2009, 01:56 PM   #50  
banned

Thanks Michele! Can't wait to get a ticker too...how stupid is it that you need to wait 20 days...when that's when you need the motivation!
Ah well...

I'll surely post everyday or so! I was hoping it was busier.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:03 PM   #51  

I'm on the HM supplements although I have been looking around for replacements for the protein bars. Found one that is almost a perfect match at Zellers - Slim down... more of a granola bar than a choc. bar. Didn't like the texture or cost of the ones there. I was told to bring it in so they can compare them. Very interested to see what they say.

Have heard about using other supplements but not how my clinic feels about it and if it would change the 2 pounds a week projection they gave to me.

Last edited by MicheleR; 03-31-2009 at 02:03 PM.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:28 PM   #52  
trying to be the real me!

S/C/G: 289/281/270

hi all! you NEED to try the peanut butter replacement bars. OH MY WORD they are freaking awesome!

Yes it is not uncommon for you to feel a bit dizzy or icky..your body is detoxing! it should be ok!

I had me w.i yesterdat. UP 1 LB!!!! I was wearing jeans and had a non legal dinner sunday so....but everything is under control!

CLA is what I have been taking as well..
2 dogs 1 lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 05:45 PM   #53  
trying to be the real me!

S/C/G: 289/281/270

recipes.
http://www.herbalmagic.ca/community/recipes.asp
2 dogs 1 lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:06 AM   #54  
banned

I talked to my councellor last night and I asked her about CLA's...she said that if she was me, she would wait. She said people jump on it too quickly.
She says I would lose inches mostly around the belly...but for me, it's hips & thighs. Anyhow, not saying I won't try it, but I'll probably get the one from a pharmacy to save a few bucks.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:08 AM   #55  
banned

Default About Exercise

Exercise question:

I used to follow a program called Mincavi.
Since I would workout 4x per week, I had more food.
With Herbal Magic, no matter what you do or don't do...you get the same food...correct?
I'm feeling a bit iffy of doing too many exercises...and then getting so hungry that I'd want to die!

Any advice?
Old 04-01-2009, 09:11 AM   #56  
banned

Default Questions

Questions:

Here are some of my questions.

- Cooking: can we use Corn Starch, Flour, Baking Power, Baking Soda, Cocoa?

- In the book it states "Hamburger Buns - low cal"... so if I would take the Weight Watchers ones... do I eat just one of the 2 buns or are we allowed both buns for 1 starch?

-Bagel Mini - are those the ones from Weight Watchers or the really really mini ones? Cause the calories from a WW bagel is the almost the same a regular piece of bread...

-Cheese - are we allowed any Ricotta/Feta cheese?

-Egg - can I put hard boiled eggs in vinegar?

-Chili Sauce - can we use this?

Thanks!!!
Old 04-01-2009, 09:12 AM   #57  
banned

Default Skinny Cow

Someone in an earlier post was talking about Skinny Cow and how she wasn't sure if we could eat them... My councellor said yes last night.

Just thought I'd share.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:13 AM   #58  
banned

Default Chromium

Could it be that I saw a bottle of Chromium for $9.99 instead of the thirty something we pay?!?! Same amount of mg in them too.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:43 AM   #59  

Hello!

Lady: Shame about the small addition to the scale, but at least you know why it's there and you aren't letting it get you down!

Chantal: They started me on CLA with the WM and the Chrom and didn't say anything about the weight only coming off my waist. So far, the most inches have come off my thighs...

As for exercise... mostly I just don't have a lot of time but I feel that it's a lot of food to go through in a day so I can probably afford to burn some of the calories off! I'd say try it out one day and see how it goes, but be sure to save some of your food allowances in case you crash afterwards.

As for food, I just make notes in the back of my diary and ask the HM staff the next time I'm in. When I have a hamburger bun I choose the WW one and eat both sides.

Small accidental cheat: Was going fo a taco idea and made hamburger with small pieces of tomato and green onion. Wanted to give it a bit of kick so used some chili powder, then consulted the list. Not there... oops!
Old 04-01-2009, 12:45 PM   #60  
banned

Michele: Thanks for the info!!! I have so MANY questions! That's why they'll see me OFTEN this week

And yes, that chili powder isn't on there... I have a Mrs Dash Southwest Chipotle (i tried posting their link but I can't... do a search on google I guess)

A good alternative as Mrs Dash products are ok (No salt).
You should check it out.

And I forget to tell you guys that I lost 1.4 pounds yesterday...in one DAY!!
I know it's water...but still...feels good.

Chantal