Old 03-24-2009, 01:08 PM   #16  
Success is a journey

S/C/G: 200/173/140

Height: 5'5

Some meds do contribute to water retention ie. Tylenol and some other pain meds. But that is minimal and easily counteracted with increased fluids... which you should be doing when you have an infection anyway. Overall though if you tell the staff at your centre about what you are one they would know best as far as what might affect your scale numbers.

Also, if you are lagging in energy you can try a multivitamin. Your centre will sell one but you can find one that you like at any grocery or drug store. Also, you can try picking more nutrient rich foods such as sliced almonds as your fat exchange. Any fruit or veggie that is a more vibrant color ie. butternut squash, yams/sweet potatoes, carrots, tomatoes, peaches, berries, etc... as opposed to salads (apart from spinach which is very good for you), apples and bananas. Be adventuresome! There are some delicious foods out there that are super for our bodies and taste good too!

I am overly verbose today ... sorry LOL
mememegogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 02:26 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Haha I tend to have pretty bad verbal diarrhea all the time. Must be from teaching... if I'm not talking I sometimes feel that they aren't learning as much

Weather bad here too... got sent home early from school!
MicheleR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 02:40 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 249/173/175

Height: 5'6

Schools were cancelled here today :?
I had a day off today.......but lol how is it a day off when the hubby and kids don't have to work or go to school?
Not fair!

Breakfast today was:
2 eggs
1/4 onion
1sice ham
1 toast
1/2 cup milk

snack was strawberries

Not sure whats for supper yet.
doughgirl192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 06:12 PM   #19  
trying to be the real me!

S/C/G: 289/281/270

dough, what are "smokies"?

Michele, yes those can have a huge effect regarding gaining weight...dont worry, keep working on the program..when you are done them it will show! Hope you are felling better too!

Meme how are you doing with the nibbly food we recommended the other day> Is it helping any? How is the back?

UFF, you know, I fully get what myou are going through..you know how I am staying away from that this week? THIS CHALLENGE! Literally you guys!!! i wanted some of the home made cookies a lady at work sells soooooooooo bad..but then i thought..i would have to tell you guys I flubbed the challenge I suggested!!!!!!

THANK YOU for being MY inspiration!
2 dogs 1 lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:14 PM   #20  
Mistakes Don't Define Me

S/C/G: 328.6/272.0/160

Height: 5'7"

Lady: ha ha too funny, This challenge helps too, i have found other excersise challenges on this forum too and they help with the motivation of going to the gym.

OOOOH and I got my income tax refund today, and bought a year long membership to the gym, man thats a comittment. Going to try and go tomorrow morning before work, we will see ha ha
UglyFatFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 10:12 PM   #21  
Success is a journey

It has been a rough day emotionally but I have managed to make it thru without overindulging in any foods that weren't on my menu for the day. Yay me.

2dogs lady: I have no appetite so I don't need snacky food on hand. That did tie me over for a time but now I am on to other hurdles. My back is still injured and I am unable to do much other than lay on my couch all day everyday. It sucks but I am super proud of myself for at least sticking to my eating plan and am losing weight in spite of being inactive. Thanks for asking.

My hubby has a costco size bag of chocolate covered almonds here. I love chocolate. But I won't eat even one. NOT ONE!
Old 03-25-2009, 07:29 AM   #22  

think of those almonds as sour and bad!!! with a horrid aftertaste...then dont think of them anymore!

I am heading in for my w.i this am and my scale has really been relfecting the difference in what I have been doing to what I wasnt doing *cough cough*. haha

So lets hope the measurements etc work for me!
Old 03-25-2009, 09:38 AM   #23  
Mistakes Don't Define Me

S/C/G: 328.6/272.0/160

Height: 5'7"

I have my wi and mesurements today after work! Im always nervous for them lately is seems i will go down then right up the next time, i seem to be fluctuating between 47 and 45 lbs lost, i just want to hit that damn 50 lol.
UglyFatFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 12:04 PM   #24  

YOU CAN DO IT UFF!! and when you do,,,,lets make a new name for you!

My w.i was good! I lost about 4" in total and........I have to change me weight ticker...and getting ready to add another willpower thingy~!!

Once again you guys and the challenge saved me from going and getting a treat...I had to do some running around after ther w.i and I thought "oh this will taste good" BAM the challenge hit me..and if i give in once, then I KNOW I will give in to more challenges without it bugging me....

Last edited by 2 dogs 1 lady; 03-25-2009 at 12:10 PM.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:17 PM   #25  

Good job on the loss of inches Lady!

I've behaved myself this week in hopes that I can have a great wi Saturday. Last time it was only 1 pound but 2.5 inches. I'd really like to see it on the scale too though. Not really seeing it on my one at home yet...

UFF: Almost 50 pounds!! WOW! Sooo close! Have a good wi! Income tax refund?! What is that!! I'd like to get one instead of having to pay!! Good way to put the money to use!

Last edited by MicheleR; 03-25-2009 at 12:19 PM.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:44 PM   #26  

so..lets make this interesting..go and find something that weighs 1lb...then 5lbs..then 10kbs..walk around the house for 5 or 10 minutes holding it...then realize how heavy a single pound actually is!!!!

I am going to look for something and weight it now *grin*
Old 03-25-2009, 01:01 PM   #27  

What's for lunch?
I am going to have a salad mixed with some lean ground hamburger (with musrooms & onions) and a bit of salsa...like a taco salad.
add some legal spices and off and running! i also have my dairy saved so i will use some of it as cheese for my topping! YUM!!!!

also I am making enough to save for other meals....so it would make a nice sloppy joe etc later!
Old 03-25-2009, 02:16 PM   #28  

Hello!

Lunch for me was a sandwich loaded with meat and lettuce, just shy of a serving of celery (to account for the lettuce), an orange, and a small yogurt (1/2 Dairy).

Breakfast was two scrambled eggs and a serving of cheerios. And I had a mid-morning carrot snack!

So far that's:

2 pro
2 veg
2 starch
1 fruit
1/2 dairy

I'll probably also eat my fresh strawberry snack on the drive home!! Yummy!

Before supper I'll half a fruit shake (1/2 dairy, 1 fruit)

Supper is looking like sweet potato, peas, fish

Then for my favourite.... Free Exchange!!

Guess I also gotta get my fats in there since I cooked everything with Pam, which doesn't count as one!!

Look out Peanut Butter and sunflower seeds... here I come!!

Hope everyone is having an awesome day! It;'s "Nerd Day" at school today... felt like people were staring at me on my drive, probably thought I was weird!
Old 03-25-2009, 07:11 PM   #29  

i found this interersting..

Questions and answers
Are all breakfasts created equal?

Dr. Sanjay Gupta, chief medical correspondent: No, all breakfasts are definitely not created equal. We talked to an expert at the American Dietetic Association to help us "grade" a few popular breakfast options. Let's start at the bottom with a breakfast that would get a "C" average grade: Fast food breakfast sandwich, pastry or sugary cereal.

These foods get a "C" for a number of reasons. The types of fat in these foods are the bad fats, and it certainly is not balanced. These foods are going to be high in sugar and carbohydrates and low in fiber and protein, which are essential for a balanced breakfast.

Let's flip to the foods that get a "B" average grade: bagel, breakfast bar, breakfast shake or pancakes with syrup.

These foods are a good start but aren't quite there. Take, for example, the breakfast shake: Many people blend up some milk and fruit. Although it's healthy for you, to make it a complete meal, you should add a peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat bread.

OK, now for the winner, the "A+" breakfast: oatmeal with skim milk, a half-ounce nuts, berries and orange juice.

This is the ultimate breakfast because you've got a whole grain in the oatmeal, a protein in the skim milk, heart-healthy fats in your nuts, and the berries are a great source of antioxidants. You can wash the meal down with a nice glass of orange juice, which is loaded with vitamin C and potassium. Remember that you should be consuming a significant amount of calories at breakfast -- around 500, depending on the person. Eating a hearty breakfast will keep you full for several hours and prevent you from snacking at that morning meeting. And important to remember: If you wake up and are not hungry in the morning, it is a big indicator that you are overeating at night
Old 03-26-2009, 10:55 AM   #30  
Success is a journey

Thanks for the food writeup lady. That is good stuff. I have found that one of my favorite brekkies is the following:

1/4 c rolled oats sprinkled with flax seed and wheat germ
1 yogurt cup
1 c berries with a tsp of splenda
3 - 6 unsalted almonds (sliced)
Mix it all together and YUM!

So that is what I shall endeavor to have today.

Yesterday was a rough one for eating. We had no electricity so virtually all of my usual choices were unavailable... not to mention we had no heat either... :P Finally we ended up going out and the closest and easiest was Applebees. Talk about a nightmare for choosing food that we can actually have on plan! I ended up eating off program.. not brutally but enough that I feel gross today. UGH! It was that darn spinach and artichoke dip! But when it is 8 PM at night and you are only sitting down to eat and you are starved it is reallly really hard to stay on track. So I guess it isn't the end of the world that I had like 6 tortilla chips and about 2 Tbsp of the dip... but it isn't the best either. I am kind of mad about it. And then the dinner ... a chicken breast had sauce I had to scrape off and everything else on my plate was a no-no. UGH!

I am glad some of the rest of you did better than I did. I will do my darndest to be 100% disciplined today. I like the way that feels. Knowing that every bite I put into my mouth is exactly what my body needs and will bring me that much closer to achieving my goal. Thanks for the inspiration ladies!