Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 09:01 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 270/270/150

Height: 5'5"

Mindy - Don't fret too much over it. Back when I lost my first 20lbs, I would lose like crazy for three weeks in a row, then nothing for a week. It may just be your body adjusting to your new routine. So, even if you don't lose anything this week, don't think it is because you have done something wrong plan-wise. From all this success you've had, I think you're doing everything great so far. As for the jeans - I bought a pair of Ana jeans at JC Penny. They are wonderful because they have wide hips to fit a curvy figure. Go give 'em a try next time you're in there.

I'm in the midst of a mini-crisis, and I just wanted to post about it to make myself calm down. In short, my boyfriend went to a movie with his dad, and now I want to pig out on everything. About two years ago, I had this serious problem with anxiety. Whenever I was alone, I'd worry about crazy things. It would get so bad that I'd feel like I had to do something or the world was going to come crashing down on me. This little disorder came out of nowhere; I'd never felt like that before. For the most part, I've gotten over it, but I do have moments when it starts coming back. This is one of those moments. I'm alone, and I feel bad. Not lonely or sad - just anxious, worried, fearful. Not really of anything in particular. I can defend myself from attackers, and I have a gun and a concealed carry permit. So, I'm not afraid of home invaders or other people or even being alone in the apartment. I'm just afraid of everything. It's hard to explain. Anxiety, anxiety... Getting out of the house and occupying myself usually makes me feel better. However, if I leave the house, I'm going to end up at a store that sells food. And I'm going to buy that food. And eat that food. And it's going to be BAD food. I thought I'd go to the bookstore and get a book, then drop by the grocery store next to the bookstore. Then I realized I was just making an excuse to go to the grocery store. So, I'm still at home. I took a shower so my hair is wet. It's 20-something degrees outside, and I don't want to go out with wet hair. I don't know what to do with myself. I'm very good at entertaining myself any other time, but the anxiety is making it difficult for me to concentrate on one task.

Sorry - just needed to write this all out in hopes of making myself feel better. Maybe I'll call my mom. All of my family lives across the country from me, so that makes things even harder. I can't just go over and visit her or my dad. A phone call will have to do.

Thanks for listening (reading). I hope all of you have a fantastic Thursday. I'm going to try to stay away from the kitchen.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:37 AM   #167  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone,

Tonight is my weigh-in. I've been on plan but when I sneaked a look this morning it didn't look like there is a loss..it looks like it stayed steady. That could be because I had a lot of Sprite when I was ill (I just couldn't stomach water for a few days) and I don't usually drink any sort of soda and I only got in 2 workouts in the past 7 days. Now that I'm feeling better, I'll just keep plugging away and I should show a good loss the following week.

Focult: How did you do last night after you typed out your feelings? I sure hope it helped. That's a horrible feeling to want to comfort yourself with food...I think it's the same feeling that acholoicts and druggies deal with.
I'll try the Minestrone soup.

Mtiger: I am going to keep my journal more visible like you are doing with yours and then I will be more inclined to write it all down right away.
About the jeans, I have some of the Ana clothes and they are built for us "curvy" gals. Also, Lane Bryant has a new jean out, they measure you, and then tell you which label will fit the best. I can say that I did this and it was amazing. I love my new jeans and I've been told how nice I look in them. Also, remember that a darker "blue" jean looks better...more slimming. Hopefully those options will help you.

Wardhog: I'm not sure how to get out of that mind set, but I imagine it's a "learned" one so I should be able to learn a new one right? How are you doing today?

Ok..back to work. I'll see you all tomorrow.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:38 AM   #168  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

foucault, I am sorry about the anxiety. I hope it didn't get too bad. Good thinking to come here and post - I hope it helped.

Today I did 35 min on the stair climber, a Group Ride class, and 17 min on the elliptical. I am still stuffy but I took a Sudafed. I stayed on my eating plan yesterday and I am on track for today. Weigh-in is tomorrow - I am hoping for a good result.

Have a great day!
Old 01-31-2008, 03:16 PM   #169  

Susie - Maintaining after Sprite indulgences and inability to work out is a great accomplishment. Whenever I get a cold, I stuff my mouth with as much food I can can grab. I'm sure you'll get that scale back in gear and on the way down during your next weigh in.

WardHog - Good luck with tomorrow's weigh in!

Despite my angsty entry last night, I'm fine today. Thank you gals for being so supportive. I needed someone to "talk" to and I immediately went here. What frustrates me so much is that I know my fear is irrational. I've been told by a couple people I should talk to my doctor about it, but I've yet to actually admit to many people that my problem *is* a problem sometimes. Instead of eating, I ended up calling my mom. I didn't tell her I was upset or anxious, but she and I had a long 2 1/2 hour conversation about everything and nothing. It was nice, and by the time I hung up, the SO was home. Sometimes I'm okay, and sometimes I'm not.

So, needless to say, I didn't eat anything last night except for my planned snack, a 100 calorie ice cream bar from Skinny Cow. Yay! I'm on track with my eating today. I even walked my usual 1.5 miles at lunch, which I almost decided not to do since the wind chill is about 23 degrees. Brrr... I'm definitely looking forward to the spring when we can get outside and exercise.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:52 PM   #170  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink Lots to say today

Okay, so the weigh-in at work sucked and I knew it would. I was up 1.5 pounds. Now, even though I am quite frustrated I am trying to work this out. The only difference this week was, I started working at the intermediate level of the DVD. That added 10 min. of butt kickin cardio. I did not change calories and maye I should have. Today I am eaing at least 1500 no matter what. Let's see what that does for a couple of days.

About the jeans, Lane bryant jeans couldn't even come close. Even the sales girl was shocked. I will try out these Ana jeans and see what happens. Thanks for the tip.

Foucault- let me share. A few years ago things were happening in my life that caused me to have panic attacks. I have always been claustrophobic and that will bring on a panic attack. Mine were so severe that I would literally panic and have to get up and remove myself from the situation, go outside, get some air, pace for 10 min. whatever it took to calm me down. I would get hot flashes and I felt like I would pass out if I didn't escape the situation. It is a terrible feeling and I felt like I was going crazy. I did talk to my doctor, who reassured me I wasn't crazy and prescribed meds. I was so glad I did that because I felt normal again. I am off them now and have only had a few minor incidents since. Absolutely talk to your doctor and see what they suggest. It really helped me. I am glad you worked through it, I know how scary it is.

Wardhog- good luck with the weigh-in.

Mychoice- Good luck with your weigh-in.

Tom. is my "official' weigh-in. We'll see what happens then. Thanks for all the encouragement everyone. I need it.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:01 AM   #171  

Good morning,

Well..it was as I expected. The scales stayed the same. I will admit I'm a little upset over it but I can't go back and change it, I can only go forward and change it. You can bet that I plan on being at the Y on Sunday to workout. My plan is to workout Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Thursday next week. I won't be able to on Wednesday due to an appointment.

I'm feeling in a bit of a funk this morning. Maybe because of the weigh-in, maybe because I'm tired, maybe because I'm so tired of winter weather, maybe because I feel like shopping and I can't...I told myself no more credit card purchases..I about have it paid off and I'm not going to let myself "overdo" in that department eithier. I sort of feel like I'm in one of those "kick the cat" moods...but I love my kitty so I wouldn't do that! I'm sure I will get out of it. I just need to quiet my mind (there is some bad self-talk going on in my head---saying...you will never do this---it will take to long)--I won't believe it but right now I want to yell at it to "shut up!".

I love it that we can come and share our true feelings here. I'm not usually good at that. For the most part, I am a happy person but I am human and I can be down and frustrated at times too.

Ok..I'm going to go get some water, put on my headphones and plow through some things this morning on my desk.

Focult: you did GREAT to stay on plan with that issue going on. Just think how much stronger you are by exercising your will power.

Mtiger: I hope the scales are down for you today

Wardhog: I hope that all your exercise shows up in a good way at the scales.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:59 AM   #172  
Maintainer Wannabe

mtiger and Mychoice - just keep at it. Maybe you didn't have a loss this week, but with every workout you are getting stronger. Every day you stay on your eating plan you are getting healthier. I know it's frustrating but if you continue on this path, you will reach your destination.

I am frustrated today, too. We are having our water heater replaced today. I had arranged to have it done yesterday but then my husband had to make changes at the last minute. So a different company is doing it, and the guy showed up earlier than he said so I couldn't get to Group Power class. Then he says there is this extra stuff he has to do ... how do I know if I'm getting ripped off or not?

Anyway ... early this morning I went to the gym and did 30 min on the elliptical and 15 min on the treadmill (1 mi) before the guy called. I need to do some resistance work today or do a Group Power class tomorrow. Power is always really crowded on Saturdays, though. I stayed on my eating plan yesterday and I am on track for today. I am feeling rather snacky because I am annoyed. The gas is turned off so we have no heat and the water is off, too. Grrr. This, too, shall pass.

I weighed in at 153.0 this morning, down 3.6 from last Friday. I am quite pleased with that!

Have a great day, everyone.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:50 AM   #173  

Mindy - Don't be too hard on yourself. Sometimes the scales just don't cooperate, even if you've been super good about sticking to your plan. Have you eaten anything with a good deal of sodium? I find that a bit more sodium than usual can throw my weight off considerably (2 or 3 pounds) since it makes your body retain more water. That may account for your temporary gain at the BL weigh in at school. Upping your calories might not be a bad idea, though. I hit a plateau right around where you are (low 230s). I started eating more, and I started losing again. Our bodies can be so weird sometimes. I wish they would work with the plan ALL the time. As for the anxiety issue - thank you for the advice. The next time I go to the doctor, I may mention it. I'm in a doctor crisis right now, actually. I didn't really like my previous doctor because he wasn't the type to sit down and talk with you. He mentioned wanting me to lose weight, but he added that he knew I had "probably already tried to do so." It was just annoying that he discounted my ability to lose weight simply because I was overweight. He never offered to help or made any suggestions. So, the clinic I was going to closed, and my health insurance company says I have to find another doctor or move to another clinic with my current doctor. I think I'm going to find a new one who is a bit more approachable.

Susie - I hope your day gets better. I know how much the same number on the scale can disappoint, but like WardHog said, you're getting healthier by the day and you'll eventually reach your goal. You just have to have faith in yourself. Plus, you were sick this past week, and I'm sure that had an effect on your ability to get up and exercise. I'm sure you'll make up for a disappointing week scale-wise when you weigh in next week.

WardHog - Woo! 3.6 is awesome! All that work has been paying off. I hope the repairman gets the water heater fixed soon so you can unwind during the remainder of your Friday. Here's hoping he isn't trying to rip you off, too. I'm always paranoid about things like that because I know so little when it comes to mechanical stuff.

I'm on track today. It's Friday, so that's at least something. I had some vegetarian hot dogs last night. If any of you like hot dogs, but don't want to deal with the fat and calories in the regular kind, try the Morningstar vegetarian ones. They have 80 calories and half a gram of fat in each weiner. No saturated fat! Yay! I had two of them on a couple Sarah Lee Wheat Hot Dog Buns with a bit of ketsup and mustard. They were really good with a salad.

I usually peek at my scale every other day. I was down to 221 this morning. This gives me hope that I will be at 220 by Tuesday. My fingers are crossed.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:37 PM   #174  
mtiger

Wink Learning to relax

Okay, since the weigh-in yesterday sucked, I started to analyze the situation. Kelly and I both had been doing well and last week decided that we should kick up the cardio. And we did. We did not change our calories at all and I believe that is the problem. We have decided we are going to go back to the workout schedule we had been following and leave calories the same. We have not lost enough weight yet that we need to pump it up so much yet. I also decided that I am going to get between 1400 and 1500 no matter what. So I did that yesterday and today I am down 1.5 pounds. Now that means I stayed the same as last week, but I think I have a handle on this now. We'll see how it goes this week.

Foucault- hope you are down at your weigh-in.
Wardhog- that is so awesome. That is a great loss and I knew your working out would pay off. Great job.
Mychoice- I'm with you this week by maintaining the same weight. Don't give up or get too discouraged. I know it's hard. Just keep it up, I know it will pay off.

Have a great weekend everyone. We got a ton of snow today, actually had a snow day at school. Haven't done much today except some shoveling and my curcuit training. Catch ya tom.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:59 PM   #175  
Maintainer Wannabe

mtiger, I am glad that 1.5 pounds is gone again. I am sure it was just a water fluctuation.

Today I did a Group Ride class, then ran 5 mi (55 min). I am pretty wiped. I stayed on my eating plan yesterday and I am on track for today. I had Progresso hearty tomato soup for lunch and it was so good.

What's everyone doing for the Super Bowl? I am not a football fan at all, so my husband is going to watch the game while I stay home with the kids. It'll keep me away from tempting snacks (and alcohol) so it's all good.

Have a great week-end! Stay strong!
Old 02-02-2008, 05:41 PM   #176  
mtiger

Wink Snowy in Michigan

So we got a ton of snow yesterday. Today is better so I got out and went to the mall. I walked 2.5 miles and that was a pretty good workout. I went to try those Ana jeans at Penney's. Ha!!! That was a joke. The waist was so huge it was ridiculous. I went to C.J. Banks and tried some jeans that have a bit of elastic on both sides of the waist. Guess what. I found a pair that fit really pretty good. And they were on clearance and a size 20. That is great for me. I am very excited. I just hope they don't fit for too long and I have to go back for a smaller size.

While there, Auntie Annes's was giving away free pretzels. Oh my God. I actually got in the line and was just going to split one with my friend. It would have been 175 calories. I talked myself out of it and walked away. Man that was hard, I love those pretzels, and they were free. AHH!!!!

I was actualy down 1/2 pound this morning. Let's see what happens for the rest of the week. Have a great weekend everyone and keep working hard.
Old 02-03-2008, 03:07 AM   #177  

It's early on Sunday morning (Saturday night). I'm such a night owl, and I have to fend off the munchies whenever I stay up this late. It's a good thing I threw those shortbread cookies out.

Mindy - At least you're breaking even this week. That just means there is a greater chance of you losing next week. I think upping your calories might be a good idea. There was actually a thread about calorie intake I read earlier on one of the sections here. So many people said they started at 1200, stalled out, and then upped their calories to 1400 or 1500 before they saw some weight loss again. After a few weeks of too few calories, your body thinks you are starving it, even if you aren't. It begins to shut down and save all the evil fat for bad times to come. If you were eating really low, that may be what is happening. I've been able to lose fairly consistently at 1700 to 1800 a day. Although, once I get to below 200 pounds, I'm sure that will have to drop to 1500 to 1600 in order for me to maintain loses of 1 to 2 pounds a week. At any rate, good luck with the modified plan!

WardHog - I'm in the boat with you in regards to the Superbowl. I'm staying home and not doing anything in particular. I've never been a sports person, so Superbowl Sunday is just another day for me. I think that will work in my favor since I won't be attending any parties with snacks.

I went out to eat for the first time since Christmas. It was Mexican - tortilla chips, sopaipillas, and a bean/cheese burrito with rice. I'm sure it was terribly unhealthy and at least 1,000 calories, but I managed to keep my only other meal of the day at around 600 calories, which left me just enough calories for a fruit snack this evening. I hope my dinner won't reflect badly on the scale come Tuesday.

I hope everyone has a fantastic Sunday and is able to avoid the lure of beer and bad snacks at any parties they might be attending.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:31 AM   #178  

S/C/G: 235/171/150

Hi everyone--it's been a while since I've posted. Although I read everyone's posts every day. I have been frustrated for a few days, not seeing that number on the scale drop, but it has gone down little by little this weekend. I am finally at a flat 230. I am excited to see the 220's this week. I think it has been about 8 years (since my first daughter was born) that I've seen them.

Somehow, the superbowl party has been arranged for my house this year. While I don't plan on watching much of the game, I know that food will be on the counter calling my name. I am trying to make some dips and such with lo-cal versions, so hopefully that will help, since I know counting calories today is going to be impossible. Yesterday was just as bad, my daughter had a hockey tournament. When you're there, the concession stand is a huge draw. I managed to limit myself to a small slurpee and some pizza hut pizza for lunch. When I looked up the pizza in my calorie guide, though, I found it wasn't too bad. I kept the toppings pretty healthy, so I guess that was good. All that eating between games and on the run really stinks! Ok, gotta go clean my house for the festivities!
Old 02-03-2008, 01:01 PM   #179  
Maintainer Wannabe

mtiger - great job resisting that *free* pretzel! Way to go!

foucault - Mmmm, Mexican. It's great to indulge and still stay on plan. Good job!

Kelly - good to "see" you! I hope you get into the 220's this week.

Today I did 30 min on the elliptical, 30 min on the stair climber, and 30 min on the bike. I stayed on my eating plan yesterday and I am on track for today. My husband is going out of town tomorrow for a couple of days. I hope I can stay on plan while he's gone. For some reason I get off track when I get out of my routine.

Have a great day, everyone - enjoy the game. he he
Old 02-04-2008, 11:11 AM   #180  

How is everyone this Monday morning? It's rainy/snowy here, but the roads aren't bad, so I'm okay. I just hate driving in bad weather conditions.

Kelly - I'm excited for you to see the 220's! I was stalled out in the low 230's for a bit, but I've managed to blaze through most of the 220's this past month. I'm looking ahead to the teens! Yay! Before you know it, we'll both be dancing around when we see 199 on our scales. :-) I hope you managed to avoid most of the bad food at the Superbowl party. That's definitely a weakness of mine, too - snacking at food that has been sat out on the counter.

WardHog - I know what you mean about going off track when you are out of your routine. I'm the same way. I'm sure with your commitment to the gym, you'll be able to stay on plan.

I'm doing well today. I need to go back and log my food intake for Sunday before I forget, but other than that, I'm good. I had my usual breakfast this morning and avoided cappuccinos and lattes from the coffee places this morning. Whenever the weather is cold and wet, I want to buy something fattening and hot to drink. I should just stick to plain old water. I was down to 220 yesterday, so I hope I can maintain that loss for my weigh-in tomorrow. It will mean that the teens are not far away. And that makes me sooooo happy.
Closed Thread