Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 09:53 AM   #151  
Janice

Gayle - I know what you mean. I have learned to just go along with whatever they say. Its what they believe and if it makes them happy I'm all for it.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:42 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Good morning everyone.

My grandmother died from complications of Alzheimer's when I was in high school. I personally can't see how a complication caused her death--she basically got so bad we had to move her to a nursing home where she was almost immediately placed in diapers and had to be tied to a wheel chair so she wouldn't fall out (or stay in bed which can cause bed sores). Anyway, she was there only a couple of weeks when she got pneumonia. It was a blessing in a way--she'd had the disease for so many years that no one really remembered the way she had been before. I vividly remember one night that my parents were out to dinner and she called every 3-4 minutes looking for my Dad. I dutifully recorded each call which ended just before my parents came back home and quit for the night. Dad had no intention of calling her back--he knew she wouldn't remember the call and it would probably have woken her up which would mean several more hours of her calling us.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:14 PM   #153  

Shelley I am glad to hear that Mike is working again. Is he a good salesperson? I a sure that he is good at fixing the AC.
I hardly think that your booty and thighs are huge again. It is all in your perspective. If you weigh 130 you don’t have much to you. Give the pool a try. It really is a good workout.
I haven’t driven much since 2000 when I had heart surgery. I have been on so many different meds that affect me that it wasn’t always safe for me to drive. I have been out and about a bit in the last few days. Not far but at least I am driving.

Suzy it sure makes us accountable when we journal what we eat. This week would have been better for me had I completed my journal. It is either feast or famine when Larry is gone, and it sure wasn’t famine.
I am glad that Travis is working his dream. You must be happy for him even though he does dangerous work.
Guess we have to be happy when there is work. Do you have to hire more employees when you get busy?
I am sorry to hear about Tim’s brother. He is young to have such a serious problem. I am sure that it is a wake up call to him and the whole family. I am glad that he is starting to recover. That is sad about his mom not knowing but in one way you don’t have to be concerned about how the stress of this will affect her.

Gayle you should have told me earlier that Steve was out of town all week. The two of us could have gotten in some trouble together while our hubbies were away! Wink, wink!
Where is Steve, up in the North Pole? When you say it is cold what temp is it? This week we consider it warm, it is in the low 50”s.

Janice it sounds like the big loser plan is working for you. Keep doing it. I think that the menu’s you posted are awesome. Good and healthy and plenty of food.
You ask me how I can be so active with my back pain…….good drugs! Funny as it is, that is really true. If it wasn’t for oxycontin I would be in bed most of the days. When I get up in the morning I use a cane to come down stairs and to walk around. After a bit I don’t need it so I walk to the gym. Would you believe I even jog? People at the gym would never believe that I walk with a cane. I use the cane through out the day when I do the stairs. I feel my leg is weak and it gives me the support to get up the stairs without falling.

Allison Alzheimer's is a horrible disease as many of the girls have witnessed. I wonder what the stats are for one of us developing it when we get older.
Do you have any exciting plans for the weekend?

Let’s see what kind of trouble I got in this week without Gayle’s help….I hauled out the patio furniture, washed windows, washed floors, shopped at the green house (that was the most fun I had) spent hours in the gym, oh yeah and after yoga and aqua fit last night I felt hungry so I got Dez out of bed to come and have a burger with me….lol

Larry called and said that he is at the airport. He will be home by 5:00 tonight. He wants to take me out for supper but I think that I will surprise him with a nice beef roast and mashed potatoes and salad. I made a few apple crisps this week that I popped in the freezer so I will pull one of them out too.
I want to jump on my exercise bike for awhile and head out to the park for a walk so I better get my booty into gear. As you all know I will be busy cooking dinner this afternoon.

Enjoy your weekend everyone. Glad we are all back together.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:17 AM   #154  

Good morning everyone! I am off for a bike ride, but just wanted to get into the habit of checking in here again!
Old 04-12-2008, 08:51 AM   #155  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning! It looks like it's going to be a beautiful day to get outside here today too. We had some bad thunder/lightning storms last night, but this morning we have all blue skies and sunshine and boy, did the grass ever turn green after that storm! I have the grandgirls today, so I think I'll see about finding everyone a rake and we'll tackle some yardwork! Have a good day everyone!
Old 04-12-2008, 10:21 AM   #156  

Just checking in this morning too. It is a nice sunny day here.

Shelley enjoy your bike ride.

Suzy have fun with the grandgirls.

We will be working outdoors too. It is still pretty wet here and a bit of snow but I am going to enjoy the outdoors.

Well I smell the bacon cooking I better go help Larry.

Have a good one!
Old 04-12-2008, 07:24 PM   #157  
Janice

working all weekend but trying to be a Good Girl!
Old 04-13-2008, 07:40 AM   #158  

Yesterday, I had a great OP Core day! The only thing I had that wasn't Core was a few raisins in my yogurt. Not sure on how many points that would be, I'm thinking maybe 2 or 3. Now I am off for more biking.
Old 04-13-2008, 01:06 PM   #159  

Shelley how far do you bike? I think that a it is about 2 points for a table spoon of raisons. Not positive but it is close. Good for you for being on program. Come monday I am going to be more careful. With Larry away I didn't watch and I ate a lot of sweets.

Janice I know that you are one of the good girls.........now stay on program. You deserve it for yourself!

Suzy how did you do with the yard work? Did those grandgirls do most of the work for you? I bet you enjoy your day with them.

Yesterday we went for a nice long walk at the park along ponds and in fields. It was still wet and mud in places so when we got home Amigo needed a bath.
My brothers birthday was yesterday. He and his wife came over for drinks in the evening. We had a really nice time. They haven't been down to our place in years. We got out to their place because they have two very active young boys!
This afternoon we are going over to Jay's to give him some advice on pouring a pad for his new hot tub. He loved our hot tub so much that he bought a soft one a couple of years ago and now decided to go with a big hard tub. They will enjoy that.
After that we will probably take a country drive to go and visit my mom and dad. When we went to see them last weekend (first time since New Year's) I was surprised to see mom quit smoking. She hadn't smoked in 9 weeks. She is struggling but holding her own. She says she is not weezing or coughing. She knows it is so much better but is having a tough time. It is just so much nicer visiting her and coming home still smelling fresh. Even our underware stunk......don't ask why I am smelling my underware.....lol

Enjoy your day!
Old 04-13-2008, 01:07 PM   #160  

Shelley you still get up to early for the weekend! Don't you know how to sleep in? I got up at 9:30 this morning.
Old 04-13-2008, 03:42 PM   #161  
Losing it!

Sounds like a busy weekend for everyone. We are moving into our new office today, compliments of the oldest kid moving out! She removed the last of her things yesterday so today we moved the office desk and some other stuff in there. I'm thinking I will move my painting station and supplies in there too. It is bright and I'm thinking it would make a nice, cheerful painting room too. Now, if I ever have time to paint again!

Janice, sending good vibes your way that you stay OP even if you are working all weekend.

Dee, I am a past smoker and now smoke really bothers me. I can't believe I ever smelled as bad as some of the smokers I'm around. I also can't believe how many of the nurses at work smoke, considering all the people they see with respitory issues because of smoking.
Old 04-14-2008, 05:18 AM   #162  

Dee-I bike between 10 and 15 miles on weekdays, and 20-25 miles on Sat and Sun. Good for your mom on the smoking.

Gayle-I love your new picture! Hope your office move went well.

Today will be nice at work. Everyone is on Spring Break. I will be there Mon, Tues, Wed. and take off Thurs and Fri. I had another OP Core day yesterday.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:55 AM   #163  
Janice

Shelley - you are a maniac on that bike. That is a lot of miles I can't imagine biking for one mile let alone ten. How long does it take you to bike ten miles?
The sun is shining and things are warming up. So nice to be able to get outside.
I hope we don't need to worry about Alzheimers, they have come a long way with new drugs and research. The sad thing is that people that already have it can't be reversed just slowed down a bit.
The lake is finally thawing out can just see ice floating out from shore.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:38 PM   #164  

Gayle isn't it great when the kids move out and you get more space? Remember when Jay moved out we changed his sunny south room to a garden room. Bow out the walls and put in garden doors and a large picture window. Larry and I eat every meal in there. It is so bright and cheery.
I hope that you have everything set up the way you want it. Where was your desk set up before?
I am painting my mom a picture for her birthday which is at the end of the month. As I have been painting it I often think of you and wonder if you will take some time for yourself and paint. I know that you enjoy it.
I never thought that my mom would have wanted a painting from me. She is not sentimental at all. She told her sister that she would love me to paint her a picture. I am painting a lake scene with spruce in the back ground.
I sure am glad that you don't smoke any more. It is such a hard habit to break.

Shelley you are putting the miles on that new bike of yours. I guess it isn't that new any more. When I jump on the bike the most that I do is 10 miles and that is far enough for me.
Are you journaling now that you are back on core? You are doing a great job of sticking to it.
Enjoy your quiet time at school. What have you got planned for your extra long weekend?

Janice how did you make out at work this weekend? It sure is windy here today. It is warm but all the sand and salt is blowing around. How close to the lake are you?
That is good to know that there are new drugs out t treat alzheimers. It is a very hard disease on the family.

Larry is busy this week on a course so he won't be coming home monday to wednesday. It will give me a bit more time to get some spring cleanning done. Once it is really nice out I hate being indoors. Yesterday we got the pool house set up and the yard cleaned up. We won't use the pool house yet because the floor is too cold. We like to sit on the deck til the bugs come. We have a bit a snow in the flowers beds yet so we will have to do those next weekend. That is a big job to do because I have a lot of perennials to cut down.
Anybody have any flowers blooming yet?
Old 04-15-2008, 06:52 AM   #165  
Janice

Work was fine this past weekend. We are about a block from the lake. I weighed in this morning and am exactly the same as last week. I need to drink more water. The snow is finally all gone. We have crocus and some early flowers in bloom. It is supposed to be warm all week, I need to get some yard work done and start cleaning up the yard.
Here is my menu for today
Coffee and Cream
Special K
Yogurt and blueberries
L- Peanut Butter and Jam on WW Bread
Baby Carrots
Snack - Celery and cream cheese
Dinner - Turkey Chili
WW bread - toasted
2 Cups Salad
Light Ranch dressing
Snack - Strawberries with Low Fat Vanilla ICe Cream