Old 08-11-2007, 12:44 PM   #286  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Happy weekend all, it has been a lousy week. Actually I used a 4 letter word to describe it most of the week. My toe is healing fine but exercise has been difficult. Yesterday I decided that it was weekend and went swimming. I decided weekend was 4:00 on Friday afternoon - the dr. wasn't really clear about when "weekend" was so I did my interpretation. I walked the doggies for about a 1/2 mile this morning, but Blizzard is too sick to tak further. Her foot is so-so but she's still very sick from the binge eating. That damn bag of treats has cost me upwards of $300 in vet bills and she's still very sick. Keep her in your thoughts. I'm hoping there won't be any major setbacks over the weekend as the ER vet is too expensive. I need to go to the store and decided to bring both pups with as Bliz can't be left alone. Her stomach's so screwed up that she's eating grass to induce vomitting which is in turn dehydrating her. So she's under constant watch. She spent the day in my office yesterday. Funny story though, I took her remote control collar off so she can't go outside without me - but the little devil figured out how to get out with Kody. If she follows close enough she can sneak under the door before it closes. Eeeks, they're driving me nuts.

Carol, I think you made the right decision. IT was good you had bargaining power and that vacation is majorly important. Keep your guard up with the bad co-worker and don't give any ammunition. And when the atmosphere is bad, definitely vacate and/or let your director know why you are vacating for a few hours.

Nikki, I hope you start feeling better. I hate when my asthma gets riled and bronchitis only makes it worse.

Judy, I'd hate having a glue trap in my kitchen. Icky, yucky. I'd be spineless too. I did think of you at the vet on Wednesday. A young boy and his mom were there with their white mouse (who has an infection and is now on antibiotics). I thought, yeah Judy would be spendy $$$ to save the buggar.

Penny, the state secret - I told my hubby after I lost a bit what I'd started at. It is the state secret. I weight about 25 pounds less then DH and I'd better watch it or I won't for long. Eating on my part and dieting on his. So I need to buckle down but I'm just still struggling.

Time to walk on the treadmill a bit. 1/2 mile is nothing and I need more or I'll lose control over the exercising as well as the eating.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 04:50 PM   #287  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

Carol - I hope you're having a fun time on your camping trip. I'm sure it's much more relaxing now that your work situation has been resolved.

Judy - I think you'll soon get the "whoosh" you're looking for. You've been making some good food choices and eating lots of veggies. You've reminded me to get some cabbage. I enjoy cabbage but forget to buy it. I'm cutting out the refined carbs even further and now I'm eating dried apricots (unsulphured) and dry roasted unsalted peanuts (very small amount) for snacks. These seem to keep my hunger at bay a lot longer than refined carbs with the same amount of calories.

Marie - I'm sorry to hear that Blizzie is still not feeling well. I hope she gets over her 'overindulgence' soon. It's funny how she sneaks out with Kody - smart dog! I hope next week goes better for you.

Nikki - I hope you're feeling ok.

I think I'm due for a "whoosh" soon too. I've been doing more exercise and cutting out refined carbs. I think I sabbotaged myself by wanting to lose a lot before my trip next month. I've decided not to set any short-term goals for a while and just see if I can lose when I don't give myself ultimatums all the time. At least I can say I'm nearly 40 lbs. lighter than the last time I flew home!
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 06:15 PM   #288  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

Marie, I'm glad your feeling better, but I am sorry about poor Blizzie! You must be very worried. I hope she's feeling better soon. And that this coming week is a good one for both of you

Penny, I love cabbage. when I was a kid, I hated it, but that's because it was one of the many veggies that we cooked too long, until they were mushy and bitter. Wow, you will get some compliments, I'm sure, when you get home and show off your weight-loss progress .

I've been eating on program, and feeling energized. Yesterday I did weights and cardio for 40 minutes, and today I did a round on the cardio machines for 45 minutes. I'm getting close to my "official" weight of 223--I want to be there in the next few days. I just committed to going to a friend's wedding in Chicago next month, and the long blue dress I think I'll wear will look so much better if I knock off another 5-6 pounds. Not to mention how much more comfortable I'd be in the blue shoes with stack heels I should wear with it. I am the queen of sensible shoes, but every now and again I have to break down and wear something that's not flat .

This has been a good weekend. A few chores and errands, but lots of time to read and catch up on movies. Come fall, I'll be working and traveling more weekends, so I'm trying to get the most out of this little lull.

Nikki and Carol, I hope you're doing well.

judy
judydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 10:45 PM   #289  
Lifelong Journey Member

Ah, the end of the weekend. So sad...

Blizzie is doing better again today. We're up to 50 hours without vomitting so that's major progress. She's drinking and eating (and pooping which made me quite happy - I know - gross). I'd say she's at about 75% recovered. I gave her her remote collar back so she can go in and out to her hearts content. She's no longer eating the grass to induce the vomitting so I can trust her. It's been a much better day since I'm not a doggie slave.

I decided on a new diet routine. I'm going to aim for a a goal of 1400-1500 calories and have unlimited lo-cal fruit and veges. Since I've been the munchie monster, since I started I've been munching on fruits (fresh strawberries from the garden and melons). I'm hoping that will get me on track. I once read a quote that said no one got fat on fruits and veges. At least I'm making better snacking choices.

I threw out the last day of the antibiotic. Got the dreaded yeast infection - at least the stuffs OTC now. I just couldn't handle taking another day of it. I'm so against antibiotics except when desparately needed. As this was preventative, I figured good enough - I'm taking great care of the toe and it looks very healthy (although it's turning black and blue now).

Judy, I'd like to lose 5-6 pounds by Oct. 20th. I made an end of the season hair appointment at the nicest spa in my dorky town. Hair cut and color weaving. I figure that by then swimming will be done and I'll be in the winter mode. So a full hair makeover. So my goal is to look a bit better with the hair. You go for the blue dress and we'll do this together.

Penny, you're going to wow your family. You are doing so great.

Cabbage - yuck. 'nuf said.

TTYtomorrow.
Marie
Old 08-13-2007, 06:57 AM   #290  
fIREFLY

S/C/G: 179/172.5/165

Height: 5'7''

Marie what is color weaving? THought I'd better ask that first before I forget I do foils it it the same??? Oh I must of lost that info. in my past! Hope Blizzie is doing better still. Bear and your doggie should get together last night I got home and then it was getting late and I couldn't find him anywhere! I started to really freak out as he is my buddy. I called him my SIL called him finally I thought if anything happens to him! Then the hubbie must of know I wouldn't go to bed without searching for him. So he got ready to go look and it was dark out after 9 well when I came home he must of jumped into my car when I got out and I didn't see him he was awaiting a ride in the front seat saying to me your not going again without me.Funny guy but he scared me so. He only did a little kayaking with me he climbed to the end of my boat and drank some lake water. We have pictures cute huh? Well at any rate I am with all of you on moving lbs off this body and journaling my foods is helping except not this weekend. Overall I didn't do bad and got on the scale this morning .5 gone. I kayaked quite a bit and the hubby also used a smaller one and felt comfortable and when he's up to it this is something we can enjoy together cool I thought. He's not comfortable in mine but we used a smaller rig and it worked out well needs a higher seat for his back is all. We are planning a trip up north to kayak with friends for Sept. color of the trees will be great. I need to purchase him one for christmas. Penny good for you nice to see a loss and a whoosh would even be a better sight send one my way too. Judy that blue dress is a must with the shoes aim high and you will do it I know it. Nikki hope your doing well as the rest of the bunch! Together we can be healthier and feel better. Marie you are right I think it was you that said leave the office for a few hrs. if it gets crazy and thats a good idea. Today I am off to battle for better drivers for my client she has so many transportation issues. So the red flags are up and a big meeting of the minds today at 1:30. Then off to another one at 3:00 a day of busyness. Good for staying out of other stuff. I had a good breakfast and have to go pack a healthy lunch with tuna, salad, croutons, grapes. I am up for trying to have 3 meatless meals a week. I want to try it and be creative.... Let yah know how it goes.
cacmsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 07:57 AM   #291  

S/C/G: See tracker

Height: 5'5"

I hope you ladies don't mind if I join your group. I've been posting on the 199 race thread but it seems like no one is there anymore.
I've been diagnosed with PCOS about 6 yrs ago, been trying to loose the weight ever since - the usual ups and downs I'm sure we're all familiar with.
Got about 97lbs to go, still trying to get to my goal weight of 143lbs - or whenever I feel comfortable with my body.
I really need the support and checking in daily will help me stay on track
JigglyBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 01:04 PM   #292  
Brit Chick

Welcome JB! By the way, what is your name? You are more than welcome to join our thread. The support I've found here has really helped me on my weight loss journey. Yes, we've all had our ups and downs but we never give up. Wishing you every success!

Judy - I'm glad you had a relaxing weekend at home. It must be hard when you have to travel away from home and don't get to come back for the weekends. I haven't changed my ticker lately either as I had gained a few pounds. I'm hoping that by Friday it will be correct (or even a bit lower, with a bit of luck ). Good luck on your goal to wear those stacked heels!

Carol - That must have been a bit scary thinking you'd lost Bear. Sounds like he didn't want to let you go anywhere without him again! I'm glad your DH was able to go kayking with you. It sounds like you had a really fun time.

Marie - I'm glad Blizzie is doing better. I hope your toe is healing well too and that your yeast infection goes away quickly. I get that problem too whenever I go on antibiotics . I'm also eating more fruit for snacks and it seems to be working. I'm hoping that my ticker will be "true" on Friday or maybe even a bit lower. I'm really enjoying the dried apricots for snacks because they are so chewy. They don't have any added sugar, so they're not very sweet. They are full of vitamin A (beta carotene) and all sorts of other good stuff. The peanuts are also very filling (even just one tablespoon full). Your hair makeover sounds like fun - you'll have to post a picture when you get it done.

Nikki - I hope you feel better
Old 08-13-2007, 01:16 PM   #293  
Lifelong Journey Member

Jigglybits, we're a small group, but we definitely stay together. Please join us. Did the diagnosis and weight go hand in hand. I know nothing about it.

Carol, enjoy the big meeting at 1:30. I know what you mean about being scared when the doggies are missing. My dogs are my lifeline. I used to be very self-centered and they taught me not to be. One would think marriage or my kids would have done that, but it was my dogs. I love them so unconditionally and more important, they love me unconditionally. People have motives and doggies don't. They just want love. I wouldn't be who I am if it weren't for them. So I definitely get worrying about them.

Blizzard is definitely on the mend. We walked again this morning. Kody got spoiled by all the people food and now won't eat doggie food. I bet he's a bit hungry this morning as I didn't give in and give him whatever he wanted. Now that he's healed, I won't be such a pushover.

Yesterday's stats: 1500 cals plus the fruit and veges (which this maybe working as I have grapes on my desk instead of the biscotti that's in the office). I walked 1.5 miles and swam 1/2 mile yesterday.

My yellow jeep wouldn't start today. so I have the new Darth Jeep (the big black one). This afternoon I'll take the front roofs off so I can enjoy the 82 degree day.

Carol, hair weaving is the foil with multiples of colors. It should be cool - but I have to make it there first. As I have about 1" of roots, I don't know. The color isn't too off but I see it.

Penny, I got rid of my tracker and apparently everyone elses as none show anymore. I figure I know what's going on with my weight and that's good enough. I can't do the peanuts as they're killers although I just read an article this morning that a professor in North Carolina has found an enzyme that neutralizes the allergen 100%. How cool would that be??? AT&T is applying for the patent, then human testing will begin. for now they've used the enzyme with human serums and had 100% success.
Hope everyone else has a great Monday.
Marie

Last edited by Marie; 08-13-2007 at 01:32 PM.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:48 PM   #294  
Lifelong Journey Member

Okay, I hope that 3FC leaves this link here. This humor column was just so funny. It starts with "The first day of any health regimen is always the hardest for me, because by the second day I've given up." I couldn't resist reading the rest of it.

http://www.creators.com/lifestylefea...althy-day.html

I really hope it will stay it's too funny.
Marie
Old 08-13-2007, 11:00 PM   #295  
Brit Chick

That was so funny Marie - thanks for sharing! I especially liked this bit:

Stomach: We've got lots of room down here for bacon, but we cannot take any more oatmeal at this time.

Sometimes I think my body is plotting against me too!
Old 08-14-2007, 03:11 AM   #296  

S/C/G: See tracker

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for the welcome Penny & Marie, I'm Emma
The weight has been piling on since I got my period back in 6th grade. I've always been big ever since, hormones going crazy etc and then PCOS.
It’s my 3rd day back on track and I'm already getting compliments, the receptionist said that my face looks a lot thinner this morning

Marie, thanks for the link that’s really funny! I can relate, especially later in the day when I come home from work, that’s when I usually get my exercise done. My body wants to lay down on the couch and watch TV and that conversation starts when I decide to get up and get on the treadmill.

Hope everyone has a great day
JigglyBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 06:43 AM   #297  
fIREFLY

S/C/G: 179/172.5/165

Height: 5'7''

Emma well welcome and hope you will continue here its small but we are supportive in all areas of each others needs. I am not familiar with what you haveher so thanks for explaining. Eat healthy and keep moving!
Marie and Penny oh little bear sure did scare me the little brat. The grandkids will help wear him out today he still has so much energy. Yesterday I heard the guy whom hired me for the other job was pretty disappointed I felt bad. But that company isn't quite as solid as mine right now in our area it could of meant lots of extra hrs. and mind boggling info. to get used to. Well not to bad on cals 1500 and that was due to a BLT for dinner. I cook the bacon on paper towels in the mic. l ittle healthier.. So much for meatless last night.
At least I was careful and counted. I read an article that said people whom track their intakes in some manner tend to keep off their wt. Well I agree with that as long as you don't stop doing it then it puts it back on rather quickly. I am working on my intakes and counting again if nothing else I feel more in control of changes and knowing whats up. GOTTA HAVE BREAKFAST AND MAKE LUNCH.
cacmsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 07:35 AM   #298  

S/C/G: 198/170/130

Height: 5'3

Hi everyone-

Welcome JB

Sorry I have not been around the last week. I had a straight out pity party this week. Ate whatever I wanted not good I know. I still dont have my breathing under control. I finished taking the antibiotics for the bronchitis and dont feel like I'm sick. Yet, I still cant breath right. My doctor is away until next week. If I dont wind up in the ER before I will go see him next week. I can feel I need an inhaler or something. This is all new I never had asthma before. Anyway for the rest of the month I decided to eat healthy and reasonable but not do Atkins. In september I will reevaluate f I think I need to go back on Atkins or not.
Nikki128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 12:21 PM   #299  

Hi friends!

I'm Jennelle and also used to be on the Chicks racing to 199 group but hadn't been there in over a month.

Just went back to it today and see that it's not really active anymore so thought I'd see if I can join you all.

A little about me, I'm 51 [and it still hurts to admit that! ] ...

I'm soon to be divorced and have 2 kids who are grown and on their own and also have 6 grandkids and one very spoiled kitty.

I basically started losing around the first part of the year and so far I've done pretty good though I have had my ups and downs.

Today I weighed 208 which I have gotten to before but then had gained about 7 pounds back [ugh!]

This time at 208 I am bound and determined to get past this weight and realized that I really "need" a support group in order to do it.

Love,

Jennelle
Lady Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 12:22 PM   #300  

S/C/G: 198/170/130

Height: 5'3

Welcome to the group Jenelle
Nikki128 is offline   Reply With Quote