Old 02-19-2007, 08:05 AM   #106  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

SHAD WE DO TRY AND AMUSE YOU! I LIKE THE JAZZY TITLE AND THE JAZZY $$$ WOULD BE NICE TOO. GO FOR IT!!! MAYBE I SHOULD THINK UP A TITLE OTHER THAN CHIEFTESS OF THE A$$HOLES

CEEJAY~ HOME!!! LOL NICE VISIT BY THE SOUNDS OF IT. SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE MEDICAL BILL! THESE INSURANCE COMPANIES WILL THINK OF ANYTHING TO GET OUT OF PAYING! HOPE THE DR'S OFFICE GOES WITH THE MONTHLY PLAN. GOOD LUCK!

HAPPY~ YOU BUSY GIRL YOU! HOPE THE ROOSTER ISN'T TOO MUCH OF A PAIN. HANG IN THERE!

TODAY IS A HOLIDAY SO NOTHING MUCH TO DO. I HAVE BEEN DOING LITTLE THINGS THAT GET PUT OFF TO THE SIDE. SMALL DRESSER DRAWERS ETC ARE GETTING CLEARED OUT. JUST TRYING TO GIVE THE EYES A REST. MAYBE THEN THEY WILL HEAL!!! ALL IS WELL IN MY LITTLE CORNER OF THE WORLD.
HAPPY MONDAY!!

TO ALL THE OTHERS!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 10:45 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Mel-Glad you have a holiday--I don't it's work as usual for me. I don't mind. We get a floating holiday, whenever we want to take it later.

Just poping in to say hello--I've made a few goals for today but I'm not going to obsess if I don't make them. My goal is 4000 steps, I'm wearing the pedometer today, do 60 crunches and drink 48 oz of water. I had a menu plan but didn't work out due to the fact I downloaded some new Mcafee stuff and didn't have time to prepare it. My computer was getting to slow. This thing cleaned the whole computer. We'll see how it does tonight. I also put my computer behind a fire wall.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 05:11 PM   #108  

Thanks for the well wishes. I am resting more than usual!!

I am fine tuning details for the Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper at our church tomorrow. I am the Organizer. :shock: Volunteers are willing and wonderful but someone has to tell them what to do etc. :? I picked up the maple syrup ands other groceries today.The couple who were going to help me set up tomorrow aft are both sick so I am trying to find some people to go tonight at 8pm after Beavers.
I am cookng an enormous ham right now. Need to slice it later.Will cook 2 smaller hams tomorrow.
All in all it is coming along.

Finally got to my Grandma's today and gave her a perm. Always so good to be there.
I have permed her hair over 100 times in the last 25 years. Crazy, eh!

Ds had a hard day at school with a couple of incidents. I am playing phone tag with the school psychologist.

Everything else is okay around here.

My cold seems quite a bit better.
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 08:08 AM   #109  
Happy September

HOLLY GOOD LUCK WITH THE PSYCH AND THE DINNER!

CEEJAY YOUR DAY SOUNDED VERY BUSY!! HOPE YOU GOT IT ALL DONE!!

I AM NO THE RUN. FOOD SHOPPING THIS MORNING.
GOT UP EARLY AND THOUGHT I WOULD SAY GOOD MORNING BEFORE I LEAVE
YESTERDAY WAS UNEVENTFUL THANK GOD!!
HAPPY TUESDAY TO ALL.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:08 AM   #110  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Mornin' chicks,

I've got a nasty sinus headache this morning. The weather is turning warmer which is nice but it also seems to bring out the sniffling too. I've got book club tonight and we were supposed to have a homeowner's association meeting tomorrow night but I haven't heard anything further.

Last night I cancelled my web site hosting services. I had built websites for me and for DH and his pictures. It was kind of sad in a way but it was costing good money and I haven't done anything with it since we moved here and I think at this point it's safe to say that my web development days are most probably over. I can always rejoin later but you build up perks the longer you are a member and I've had this website since before I joined 3FC - a long time so I had tons of disk space and bandwidth. Doesn't do you much good if you don't use it.

Well my rooster is a smart one thank goodness. He hit the ground running just as I had wanted him too. I certainly hope he can fix the mess I laid before him.

I've got to get running now. Have a good one ladies.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 10:42 AM   #111  

Happy--The weather is playing a part in my sinus headache also. Plus knees.
Just getting older.

Mel-Are the portion sizes in NS correct? I'm finding that the dinners I get from the grocery store are not corect in veggies. I'm going to start cooking again. Think this may be the reason I'm staying hungry all the time.

Holly--Yum, pancakes. Hope things go well at the supper.

More later.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:33 AM   #112  
Happy September

JUST WANTED TO LEAVE A NOTE FOR SHAD.....IN CELEBRATION AND RECOGNITION OF THE CHINESE NEW YEAR AND THE PIG'S BEGINNING.....I WOKE UP WITH A PIMPLE ON MY BUTT!!!
NOT A GOOD BEGINNING!!!

HELLO HAPPY!!! GLAD THE ROOSTER KNOWS THE TURKEY TROT!!! HOPE THE DAY IS A GOOD ONE.
HOPE YOUR SINUSES ARE BETTER. OURS AREN'T GOOD UP HERE EITHER. WE JUST HAVE RHINITIS 12 MONTHS OUT OF THE YEAR NOW!

CEEJAY~ WITH THE NS FOOD YOU MUST ADD YOUR OWN VEGGIES AND SALADS AND FRUITS. SO I ADD THE ONES I NEED AND LIKE I AM GOING BACK TO HOME COOKING ALSO WHEN ALL THIS FOOD IS GONE!!
Old 02-20-2007, 05:42 PM   #113  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Fly by again this morning as I have so much work to do and all this doco is due at the printers by 3rd March. I'm in the middle of edits now. I've managed to get three out of my 7 or is that 8 to a final review stage so I am getting there. Man, I am looking forward to the weekend at home. Mel don't forget to tell the crisis control that they are out of control on this weekend for at least an hour.

Happy glad to hear the rooster is doing okay and sorting out some messes for you. Unfortunately mine have landed me in a couple of messes to date. I'm kicking *** today.

Gotta go.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 08:07 AM   #114  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Mornin' all,

Sorry to hear you are so busy Shad - hope the "little cluckers" didn't make too much of a mess for you. Is this a weekend that you'll be getting to go home? Hope so, sounds as if you need a break!

Happy Chinese New Year, Year of the Pig to you too Mel. What are you doing to celebrate? Don't "hog" all the party favors for yourself there lady I didn't even know we were celebrating

I hear you guys on the NS type food plans. Expensive and you still have to supplement fresh. It's too bad we didn't live near to each other. We could take turns cooking - each week someone plans the meals, shops and cooks. That person then divies up the meals into 3 portions, shares with the other two and hands them the food. Fruits and veggies can go into little zip lock type bags or containers. It would take probably an entire weekend day to do this but you have one week on and 2 or 3 weeks off depending on how many would participate. This way you have the beauty of everything planned and portioned out which is the benefit of the prepackaged food plans and it might be a little less expensive. It surely had to be cheaper than the Diet to Your Door plan they mentioned on 3FC last year. But here we are in our little pockets of the world, too far away to make something like that work. And fuggetaboutit happening here in my neighborhood where I never see my neighbors. We have an informal homeowners association gathering tonight. Why they didn't call a board meeting since we haven't had one in almost a year, who knows I'm not sure why they asked me to attend but I am bringing DH who has strict orders not to let me cave in to a weak moment and volunteer for something I don't really want to do.

I actually would rather be out walking. All of a sudden we have tumbled into spring. The weather all week is in the 60's which is divine and the air has that wonderful smell of fresh, fresh, FRESH. Isn't it great CeeJay? Saw a bit of thunderstorms up north but hopefully they were between you and me.

My rooster at work is fabulous. Worked out a complicated problem with the end user who just kept calling everyone in I.T. until she found someone who could work with him and help him. THAT's what I expect out of a good contractor. You don't see that all the time and I surely appreciate it when I do.

Going to be another long and busy day for me again. And I have to squeeze in several chores here in between everything else. Better get a move on because no one will come and do it for me Have a good one chicks.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 08:50 AM   #115  

Default Morning

You are all so wonderful at sending out good vibes so I am here on behalf of my mom. She is in a Heart Hospital in Mesa and is undergoing surgery today to clear veins in her neck....then in 3 days haveing bypass surgery. She is not a very good patient..... who would be ? SO I am asking for good thoughts, prayers, good vibrations, send in your angels..... for my mom Vera is her name. This is the right place for her to be.... she has been a fairly healthy 79 yr old but so lucky. Andy and she celebrated their 2nd ann. on sunday. Thanks ladies you are the best.....
Peace,
Nae
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 08:51 AM   #116  

Happy--It would be great if we lived close enough together to prepare each others meals. I'm going to start preparing mine again. Think I'll pull a LindaT and do it on the week ends. I've been doing the whole life style thing and like eating the raw veggies. However, I don't think my stomach and colon do. Glad to hear the contractor is working out for you. It's nice to have help with out you having to train him. We missed the rain. I drove to work in some fog.

Shad--Hope you get to rest soon. You sound tired.

I keep weighing on my digital scales and it's up and down, and my jeans are getting tighter. I'm miserable from the bloated feeling. I know it is because of the colon problem. I have been eating more fiber, just need to add some more water I suppose. Aging is no fun.

Last edited by ceejay52; 02-21-2007 at 12:47 PM.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:52 AM   #117  

Hi Nae-See your egg light. Have a good day.
I'm not awake.

Hi Mel--You also snuck in on me.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:53 AM   #118  
Happy September

MISS SHADDIE I WILL TURN OFF THE RADIO WHILE I AM TALKING TO YOU. THERE SEEMS TO BE NO OTHER WAY! ALSO HA VE AN "I'M IN THE SHOWER" SIGN FOR THE DOOR!! YOU WILL HAVE MY UNDIVIDED ATTENTION!! MY FRI? SAT? SUN? AFTERNOON?

HAPPY~ DON'T RAISE YOUR HAND FOR ANYTHING TELL DH TO BRING ALONG A PIECE OF DUCT TAPE FOR YOUR MOUTH TOO WHILE HE'S AT IT!!! GLAD YOUR ROOSTER IS SO SMART!!

ON THE SUBJECT OF SHARING COOKING JOBS....YES THE COOKING IS A PAIN IN THE BUTT BUT I THINK I MIGHT HAVE TO GIVE NS A MISS WHEN THIS ORDER IS DONE. I AM SPREADING IT OUT AND SEEING IF MY FACE FINISHES CLEARING UP. THERE WAS A FRESH BREAKOUT YESTERDAY AFTERNOON. I SPOKE TOO SOON ABOUT THINGS GETTING BETTER. AND I REALLY THINK MY STOMACH FELT SO MUCH BETTER WITH WHOLE FOOD COOKING. SIGH. I DO HAVE GOOD NEWS THOUGH....A FAMILY DONATED A BRAND NEW WHEELCHAIR AND SAID I COULD HAVE IT. THEIR RELATIVE DIED BEFORE HE COULD USE IT. NOW I AM GOING TO DONATE THE LAST "DONATION" I REC'D FROM A COP A FEW YEARS AGO. THESE ARE MY "WEEKENDS, NIGHTS, HOLIDAY" CHAIRS THAT ALLOW ME TO KEEP GOING NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I AM IN THE BLDG BY MYSELF AND THE OFFICE IS CLOSED. CHAIRS TAKE 8 HRS TO RECHARGE FULLY AND I GO THRU THEM LIKE KLEENEX! I AM INDEED A HAPPY CAMPER.
I CANNOT BELIEVE MY LUCK....THIS IS THE 2ND TIME I WAS GRACED WITH SUCH AN EXPENSIVE GIFT. IS THIS A SIGN FROM ABOVE THAT I AM NOT SUPPOSED TO RETIRE????
I AM OFF TO EAT BREAKFAST. RAN TO THE OFFICE ALREADY, MAILED MY BILLS AND TOOK CARE OF BUSINESS ALL BEFORE I GOT ON HERE!! THE DAY IS MINE
HAPPY WEDNESDAY!!!
Old 02-21-2007, 08:59 AM   #119  
Happy September

NAE~ I AM TRULY SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT MOM AND WILL SEND ALL THE ANGELS OUT TO HELP KEEP HER SAFE. SENDING GOOD THOUGHTS YOUR WAY AS WELL. TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF DURING THIS STRESSFUL TIME TOO. SHE WILL NEED YOU ALSO. HUGS FOR ANDY TOO. I AM SURE HE MUST BE UPSET.

CEEJAY~ I AM GOING TO DO THE WEEKEND THING AGAIN AS WELL. I WAS DOING SO MUCH BETTER THAT WAY. NOT WEIGHT-WISE BUT HEALTH WISE. BACK TO BASICS!
HOPE YOUR BLOAT GOES AWAY. I HATE THAT MYSELF TOO. I HAVE FOUND THAT 5 PRUNES BEFORE I GO TO BED MAKE LESS BLOAT DURING THE NEXT DAY. SOME PEOPLE I KNOW USE THEM FOR BREAKFAST. HAPPY COOKING!!
Old 02-21-2007, 06:34 PM   #120  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

I must confess that a few bits of dried fruit before bed does wonders to the system. I have been having a problem on the CSIRO diet in that there is slightly too much protein for me and I need something to get the movement going ......so to speak....

Yes I am going home tonight. I am really looking forward to it although I have a busy weekend planned. I have an 8.30am appointment for my liver scan order by the doc (probably for nothing - his diagnosis not mine) and then I have to go see Shane in the travel agency and get rid of a hefty dollop of my savings, then I am going to the Gold Coast to see Robbie and check out a new laptop and by a memory stick and an external drive. That should take care of another hefty chunk of my savings, but this is business related and should be tax deductible. What they will say about 4 computers depreciating I have no idea, but they are not worth trying to sell. I may well set up one for DB2 who is using one of mine for his banking and e-mail.

Happy, so glad you have a good consultant who knows his stuff. They can be worth their weight in gold even if you have to pay through the nose for them. I love the idea of a cook fest. Pity you can't all get together and do it together with a couple of Zinfandel on the side, make a social occasion of it so to speak. That's the problem with those of us who live in the BIG countries.

Rose - so sorry to hear about MUM. I will keep her in my thoughts and wish for good things for her. Winging some hugs and comfort across the water for you as well. Keep smiling.

Mel, I'll try Saturday am my time. Which means Friday pm your time I guess. Turn everything off and put up a notice saying 'Gone bear huntin'. Got the Kalishnikov and 36 rounds of ammunition!!!!' That should fix all but the most obstinate old girl with a walking frame.

Wonder where the Canadians have gone. Must be too much snow around and they are hibernating. Hello Canada

Okay - better go. Got the training schedule today. The tfg is causing headaches again and even the roosters won't work with him anymore. I suspect this is the last time we will see him on a project like this. It's his own stupid attitude that does it.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote