Old 02-05-2007, 12:16 PM   #16  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HELLO CEEJAY!!!! THANK YOU. I GOT THE CAT AT HEATHER ANIMATIONS.
HAPPY REPORT DAY TO YOU
HAPPY REPORT DAY TO YOU
HAPPY REPORT DAY DEAR CJ
HAPPY REPORT DAY TO YOU

I JUST TURNED THE TELLIE ON. I LIKE TO WATCH THe INTERNATIONAL HISTORY CHANNELL........YOU GUESSED IT...THE BATTLE OF THE FALKLANDS IS COMING ON NEXT TTFN
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 06:05 PM   #17  
Suzi in Auz

I made it...i knew you would move soon...you funny things. giggling my head off here.
Started my new job yesterday...all went well. A lot is expected but can only deliver what I can. I am excited though.
I am sprucing up the office, it's bright and light but a little devoid of ME!
I thought I would put the Eifel tower on the wall as an incentive.

Ok...must dash. Have one DS home with a lurgy.
Love to all
Suz
suzi in auz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 07:16 PM   #18  

It's Falking windy down here!!! Maybe it'll be calmer next month in the Maldives...

I know there are lots of penguins all over the place, but until recently sheep were the economic mainstay (no wonder Shad feels at home here! Baaaa!) so I've adopted a fluffy feminine pink sheep avatar for the time being. If you're looking for me, I'll be the mutton dressed as lamb.

Mel and her scalpel will be glad to know the boil (which I've decided to christen Vesuvius in the hopes of imminent eruption) is having another growth spurt. Today's selected treatment is a Vick's poultice. Not expecting much... If it's not gone in a week I think I'll give in to the joy of antibiotics. No-one here is interested in lancing it, although they'd probably do it at ER after a nine-hour wait...

Shad, your key story was a hoot - certainly more fun to read than to experience! If they give you grief for looking 'sporty'. maybe you should let the sweat ripen for a day or two and see who's laughing then.

I had a good rant planned as I was out puttering about today, but can't seem to remember the subject anymore... maybe I should rant about old age and memory lapses?

Cheers to all.
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 07:28 PM   #19  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Just made one deadline and was feeling drained and annoyed (at the rooster chicks) so I thought a cuppa and a chat might be a good idea, Just went in to make the cuppa and the tfg was there. That annoyed me even more. Moral of the story must be to keep out of the kitchen.
This constant rain is very depressing. The rooster in luv has become a bit of a pain, and I had to read the riot act about time and punctuality yesterday and as a result we all stayed behind after hours to catch up with the work. Hence the deadline only being met 10 minutes before time. They are training that this afternoon!
It's nice to be in this peaceful place of Falklands. I have had a feeling that this project is going to hit a wall soon, what with Kong pushing on one side and the company on the other. Well anyway, I started off coming up here to do PM, I then got PP, PI, QM as well. And today I find that our MM person is finishing at the end of the month and now I am training Inventory as well.
My boss tells me that she will get the tfg to do my Cross Functional training but I bet he comes up with an excuse to get out of that one.

Okay, that's my gripe for now. I've ranted enough. And I've finished my coffee so I'd better get out of here and do something else. I hope that all the acronyms did mean something, but then again, they probably didn't and I might have been speaking Swahili.
Bye y'all

Last edited by Shad; 02-05-2007 at 07:30 PM. Reason: just because I can
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 10:03 PM   #20  

I think I've been cross-functioned (is that like short-circuited? or like crossed wires?) with all of Shad's acronyms. The scary part is I know what a couple of them mean. The even scarier part is that a few of our gang actually make their living doing the same arcane things as Shad... Hey - is it possible the alternative universe she lives in starts with an 'f'? Or maybe an 'm' for next month? Would we all have to learn Martian?
Old 02-05-2007, 10:05 PM   #21  

Shad, I see your egg is still lit. Does your job description include looking after kids in love and moldering in the constant rain? Maybe you can fill a few rain barrels and take them home with you...
Old 02-06-2007, 12:57 AM   #22  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Darn, I wanted this as my avatar for the month but it's too big.

I like your new one Carla.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 02:11 AM   #23  

I like the penguins, Happy. My first choice was also animated - three sheep in a chorus line. I'd post them in this mesage, but don't know how to. (I'm just proud I've learned to resize pictures for the avatars. It opened a world of possibilities, I must say.) By the way, I hope you'll keep your frog-itty for a while longer. It just cheers me right up every time I see it.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:39 AM   #24  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

'Mornin chicks,

Ok then Froggie it is for the time being.

Carla - there's something about your caption of 100% Virgin wool that gives me the giggles too. Probably because I don't remember being virginal any more. And surely not at our age Geez I hope the Vicks works on that boil. That puppy sure doesn't want to go away, does it? I think it's punishing you for calling it a funicle carbunkle garfunkel whateveritwasucalledit.

Cheer up herder woman Shad. Seems like you are always in charge of the rooster chicks, whether it's stated or subtley implied. Do you find yourself shaking your head saying - were we EVER this young? It's sort of sad that you are getting so much rainy weather at one end, yet having such a drought back home. Yours is a land of extremes, isn't it? I do know what you mean about the gloomy weather making you feel down. Used to feel that way in February up in Chicago. No sun and it felt like you would never be warm again. And I think I can pick through a few of your acronyms but I won't admit it lest you recruit me for a training assistant

Suzi, what's this about a new job? Did I miss something? Do tell what is going on...

Ceejay - thanks for the explanation on why they close things down so easily. Makes perfect sense!

Poor Mel, toss on an extra fuzzy blanket and stay warm. It's all over the news about the bitter cold up north. By some freaky coincidence it's going to be 56 degrees here today - downright balmy and then we're back in the cold snap again tomorrow. These houses here have no insulation to speak of so when it gets around freezing there are cold drafts all over. But nothing like dealing with the kind of cold you have. Come on down for the day to have a chat and thaw out. We can celebrate DH's birthday today. Another year closer to retirement.

Today it's off to the dentist for me. Just a cleaning today. My night guard has not come in yet (to prevent the teeth grinding). I had a fun day yesterday on the phone trying to get my doctor's appt rescheduled that they cancelled for the second time last Friday when we had the big "blizzard". Now they are telling me they can't fit me in until April. I said not when your office cancelled me TWICE. So I got the "let us check and we'll call you back". The new equivalent of being shoved on hold and forgotten about. It's a shame because from what I've heard I would really like this doctor group's practice and philosophies. But the way they run the patient office areas and waiting rooms down here needs a big overhaul. So that's today's rant.

I will make an extra effort to drink my water today. That's today's focus.

Let me go wake up the birthday boy. Hellos to Matcat, Meadow, Linus, Holly, Nae and the rest of the crew.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 09:17 AM   #25  

Default Good Morning all

Wow nice new digs....love it! Thanks for getting us here again Happy, you girls tak such good care of us! So nice to hear everyone posting and joking, sharing this is a good place for a giggle or two! where is Ms TEEL????????

Ok, I thought my BF was going to break up with me because I was being a little cool this week after our long trip I need to be alone and rest and reflect....he takes it as a different sign..... so I put on a very hot shirt on friday night when I got there to deflect the we need a long talk series that was going to take place.....LOL>>>>> it had the desired effect......After dinner we put on all the longjohns and warm clothes and tookt he dogs for a walk in the 9 degree weather under the full moon....very fun!

My little fish in my small tank (not the turtle tank ) this one is by my computer so I can watch them.... anyway the heater broke and little blokes were freezing so I got a new heater and almost cooked them! I think I have it regulated now so they are happy and all survived the ordeal....you gotta be tough to survive in my little world.....!!!!!!!

I do hope everyone is well and coping and finding some peace and joy in the little things of everyday once in awhile.
Take good care all,
Peace,
Nae
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 09:51 AM   #26  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

CARLA I LOVE THE PINK SHEEP. DID YOU DYE IT JUST FOR VALENTINE'S DAY? SHE NEEDS A LOVELY RED RIBBON ON HER NECK NOW. OO PERHAPS A ROSE IN HER MOUTH!
MT. VESUVIUS GOD I HOPE THE VICKS WORKS!! SENDING ERUPTION THOUGHTS YOUR WAY!!!

SHAD~ THE ONLY ONE RECOGNIZABLE ACRONYM WAS PP AND I AM SURE I HAVE THE WRONG IDEA HOPE THE WEEK GETS BETTER BUT IT DOESN'T SOUND LIKE A GOOD POSSIBILITY FROM READING YOUR POST. CAN THE TFG ACTUALLY TEACH THAT????? SENDING MANY TRY YOUR BEST NOT TO DRAW FIRST BLOOD!!!!

HAPPY~ I LOVE THE PENGUINS!!! HOW CUTE THEY WOULD BE FOR THE AVATAR! CAN YOU SHRINK THEM UP? OR DOWN I SHOULD SAY. STICK THEM IN YOUR SIGNATURE!! ROFLMAO I'LL STOP BY FOR CAKE AND COFFEE AFTER YOUR DENTIST APPT. HOPE IT ALL GOES WELL GETTING THE NEW DR APPT. GOD THOSE RECEPTIONISTS ARE ONE OF MY BIGGEST RANTS!!! GOOD LUCK!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE DH

SUZI~ I AM GLAD YOU ARE MAKING YOUR MARK IN YOUR NEW OFFICE!! GOOD FOR YOU! STAMP YOUR PERSONA ALL OVER THE PLACE

NAE~ OMG!!! THE FISHIE!!! GOOD THING YOU DIDN;T ROAST HIM. I'M NOT SURE HE'D BE A TASTY BITE!!! THE SEXY SHIRT WAS A GREAT IDEA BUT PROBABLY ONLY POSTPONED THE TALK RATHER THAN GET RID OF IT GOOD LUCK BUT I REALLY DO UNDERSTAND HOW YOU FEEL. LOL SENDING TO YOU AS WELL!

CEEJAY~ JEN AND I WERE TALKING AND YOU ARE SO RIGHT. WE ALWAYS SAID THAT IN THE SOUTH THEY HAVE NO EXPERIENCE DRIVING IN WINTER WEATHER. A BIG PROBLEM WHEN OLD MAN WINTER DECIDES TO GO SOUTH OF THE BORDER.Brrrrrrrrrr

DAMN SAM IT'S COLD OUTSIDE. IT HAS WARMED UP TO ALMOST 13 DEGREES NOW. LAST NIGHT WAS UNREAL. I CANNOT EVEN IMAGINE LIVING FARTHER NORTH AND HAVING THESE TEMPS EVERY WINTER. SOME OF THE PEOPLE HERE ARE PETRIFIED OF A BLACKOUT NOW. I KEEP TELLING THEM NOT TO WORRY WHILE MY OWN KNEES ARE KNOCKING TOGETHER!!!
I JUST LIT A VANILLA/LIME CANDLE AND BEGAN SNEEZING. GUESS THAT'S ANOTHER ONE THAT JEN CAN HAVE. BUT IT DOES SMELL DELICIOUS. ISLAND LIKE. JUST RIGHT FOR OUR NEW HOME. I COULD USE SOME BALMY BREEZES RIGHT ABOUT NOW. AFTER MUCH THOUGHT I WILL CONTINUE WITH THE NS FOOD FOR ONE MORE MONTH. SAVES PLANNING, SHOPPING AND COOKING AS WELL. I FEEL LIKE I COULD USE A REST OF SORTS AND ALL FOR $177. I BOUGHT THE WEEKENDS OFF KIT. I HAVE SOY BURGERS, TURKEY FRANKS ETC IN THE FREEZER. NEED TO CLEAR OUT THE FOOD IN THERE. GETTING CLOSE TO THE EXP. DATES AROUND SEPTEMBER.
I WOKE UP LATE SO I BETTER GET MOVING BEFORE I FALL ASLEEP AGAIN. IT'S THAT KIND OF DAY. A BLANKET, A BOOK, A PILLOW AND A SUNNY WINDOW. YUM! :cloud0:
HAPPY TUESDAY/WEDNESDAY
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 12:19 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Mel--Do try to stay warm.

Suzi--What is your new job, tell us more.

Nae--Fried fish--oh my--Glad they survived.

Happy and Shad--you two are so funny.

My day is not as busy as yesterday and I'm glad. I did have to refill a chemical drum and I tightened the pump to tight.. Had to call the boss man. Couldn't get out on our phone.

Gotta Go.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 05:49 PM   #28  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

Happy birthday to Happy's DH. Wish him all the best in this world. I'll have some cyber cake in a minute when I go get my coffee organised. Umm maybe I will pass since Jason has some Christmas cake in there - could be dangerous. Jason is our Lions club Christmas cake seller. He managed to sell 1994 cakes this year and now we get the benefit of the last six. At $10 each he has done well doncha thunk??
Went out to dinner last night at the local Indian Taj Mahal - enterprising name don't you think? There is a Taj Mahal restaurant in just about every town I have been to on this planet.

This sure is a country of extremes. We are burning in the west and drowning in the north, still smoldering in the south and drought stricken in the east. No middle of the road over here.

Anyway, I have more to say, but I had better go get stuck into the chicks again and keep them moving along.
PP-PI-QM = Production Planning, Process Industry, Quality Management
PM = Plant Maintenance,
MM = Materials Management
XF = Cross Functional - it's good for a woman to teach since we can multi task!!!!
FI/CO = Finance and Controlling and keep the bl**dy stuff away from me.

I'll be back.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 06:34 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I've just noticed the days getting longer. Woo Hoo.

I'm so ready to go home.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 09:43 PM   #30  

FFFFFreezing here too!!!

The Organizing job today was hard labour. Felt good but yikes. I was outside too for over an hour hauling stuff up a hill and out to the curb. -27C.Over 45 bags of garbage, 30 bags of recycling and odds and ends of furniture. Good work out. The 2 gals I work with are sincere, funny, caring. I adore them.My "boss" just called to thank me for working today. Combined "person" hours - we have 46 in. And we are going back Monday and Tuesday.

I had the most satisfying bath after supper to warm up and soak.

Now that the kids and hubby are in bed i have a bit of a 2nd wind. Not major but I might put some wash in.

Working doing hair tomorrow from 9:30-3.

I have only had 6 hours sleep in 2 nights. Hopig my brain disconnects better today.

Love you Gals!!!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote