Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 09:21 AM   #136  
Mom of 4

S/C/G: 276/230/175

Height: 5'2"

Hey chickie's another fly by for me but hopefully I will be able to get back at lunch. Sorry I was not here yesterday but I had some military things to take care of and was not around a computer all day. I also was not on plan for lunch and had Burger King but the scales are back down to 221 today so maybe I am back on my way to loosing again. I only have 1 more week to go to get back to ticker before I have to change it to the weight the scales show so I have to get on track. I don't want to have to go up more than 1 or 2 pounds and as of right now I am 6 pounds above it.

Well gotta run
Old 01-17-2007, 09:29 AM   #137  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Hey . . . the FFM is really trying to cheer me up . . . she took away 3 lbs this morning . . . just about the biggest week's loss since the beginning of last year. Now, if the weather would just cooperate a little. Another UGLY day out there. Snowing and blowing to beat the band.

LIZA . . . . . . Good girl. We all want it gone, yesterday. A little slower is usually a lot more lasting, though. Remember that the tortoise was the one that won the race.

NICOLE . . . . . . Just those books into submission, girl. You'll make us all proud.

LOUIE . . . . . . We are having more than a little. Knew it had to come, though. Yep, Buddy and I love that Frog.

DIANE . . . . . . Wowee, Wowee, Wow, Wow . . . that is absolutely fantastic. How did DH do? What about MIL . . . . . . bet she'd be impressed (and probably jealous, too.)

ROBBIN . . . . . . Get a good week under your belt and you'll be so much closer. You can do it, chickie.

Well, guess I'd better get bundled up and put the garbage out. Really don't want to do it because it is so awful out there, but we only get garbage pickup once every two weeks and I don't want to have to save it for another two weeks.

Have a great moving and shaking day of heading in the great downward direction, gang. See you soon.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:41 PM   #138  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Thanks, ya'll!! I think MIL isn't even going to meetings now. Makes me feel kinda bad, I guess. She'd be going if I'd gone with her.

I really wanted to share what my WW leader shared with us last night....It's kinda common sense stuff, but when you hear it....the light bulb kinda blinks on and you say to yourself, "DUH!"

She just talked about sticking with it and how the plateaus won't last forever. She prompted us all to think of things (hard things) we've stuck with before and how when you compare those things to our own very health, some of the things we've stuck with are so trivial, so why are we not sticking with making ourselves healthy? How much more important is our very life than, say, school (no offense to those ofyou in school....it IS important...I'm not saying that). But yet we neglect ourselves for school, when in fact, if we die from obesity-related illness, our school (which was important enough to stick with) will be useless. I don't know if I'm making the point as well as she did, but it just made me really stop and think. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that for those of you who've hit plateaus (I know my own are coming), stick with it....fight for it....fight for your life! Nothing you are doing is more important than your own very life. Make your health your priority!

Stick to it, ya'll! Each of you are worth it...you all are important and God loves each of you! He wants us all happy and healthy, but we have the free will to make that happen or not. Let's do it!!

**Someone please remind me of this very post when I get discouraged....Hopefully it will encourage me again later like it did last night! lol **

Talk to you all later!
Old 01-17-2007, 01:41 PM   #139  
Mom of 4

S/C/G: 276/230/175

Linda - 3 pounds YAY for you. You go Girl . You have worked so hard and I am so proud of you.

Diane - I really appreciate your post. It really makes alot of sense and has given me hope for motivation.

Yummy salad for lunch, not sure what dinner will be.

Hope everyone is having a good day.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:20 PM   #140  

Just a quick pop-in for tonight. Had my weigh in at WW, and I was down 1.6 lbs. I'm totally happy about this.

Diane...We also got a similar speach from out leader today. She put it this way. We spend years learning to read, play an instrument, get a High School diploma or college degree, but when it comes to our weight, we expect it to be gone like yesterday. All things worth having will take time and effort to achive. And yes, the light bulb went off in my head. Diane, I have also cut my points back to 30. I'm suppose to use 36, but I was seeing the scales go UP instead of down. I also do not use my extra 35 points, but know that they are there if I have a splurg.

Linda...Yippie for the fairy fat mother visiting you. It was so nice of her to take three pounds from you.

Robbin...Hope you see those last few pounds gone over the weekend and you are back to ticker weight. I had to correct my ticker for all the holiday eating I did. I have loss 10 lbs in three weeks, so I'm diffently back on track.

Had a teriffic day and got my walk in at the mall with my friends. Going to do it every Wednesday.

Till later,

Cheryl
Old 01-17-2007, 09:55 PM   #141  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Hi Ladies,

I hope you are all doing well.

Robbin, Has the ice storm affected you? I hope the scales start going down for you soon, so you don’t have to adjust the ticker.

Liza, Upping your calories was a good move. 1000 calories is far too low, I don’t think many people could eat at that low level for very long without getting so hungry that they go off plan. I really think you would find that you would lose pretty well at 1700/1800 calories per day. I was able to eat that many until I got down to the 230s, then I had to bring it down to 1500/1600 to continue to lose much.

Losing in LA, Thanks! So far it’s taken about 17 months to lose what I’ve lost so far. I guess what has kept me motivated is just seeing the scales lower. I started out doing Suzanne Somer’s diet from her books. I’ve tweaked it some to add things that I couldn’t live without, and started counting calories. I don’t eat sugar, HFCS, white flour, white potatoes or white rice, and I do eat lots of protein and fruits and vegetables, some whole grains. Congratulations for your fantastic loss this week.

Tina, Just when you think Christmas is over, there’s one more dinner. Glad to hear that the scales are moving down for you.

Cheryl, Glad you’re feeling better. Congrats on losing!

Kreen, Congratulations on being so close to the 100s. You just keep on going!

Linda, I hope the D & C helps the problems that you are having. Congratulations on your wonderful loss this week. s:

Ann, Welcome to the thread. Feel free to jump right in,

Louie, Congrats on your loss -1.6

Hi to everyone I missed.

No change for me on the scales yet this week. I’m having a hard time this week being motivated. I’m still on plan, but I’m once again thinking about going into maintenance mode. I’m trying to hold out until I hit onederland, but I may or may not make it. I haven’t exercised since Monday, which is very unusual for me, and I am already dreading getting up early enough to exercise tomorrow, but I HAVE to get back on track with my exercise tomorrow. I’m commiting to you guys that I will walk at least two miles tomorrow morning.

Have a great week.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:51 PM   #142  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Default Happy Wednesday!

Good evening ladies! I had a really good day as far as cloud nine goes....scales are back/close to ticker today...212.5!!! I was so excited! I really wanna finally stake this weight and move on...seems I always get this far and somehow screw myself back up a couple of pounds. Not this time, I totally feel my groove really jiving. I want reach the 210's so bad I can taste it, not to mention the fabulous ONE-derland that's right behind it. I hope you all had a good day, this post comes later than usual. I had a day full with not much free "me" time.

Cheryl, congrats on the unexpected loss. A surprise is always so motivating and exciting. How did your mall walking go? What a great idea to walk the mall and visit with friends in an environment that "I" personally love...hehehe!

Linda, congrats on your loss! Seems the FFM is making her rounds more steadily around here.

Liza, how ya doing? Haven't many details from you lately. Still doing treadmill and situps? I'm glad you decided to adjust your caloric intake. It's takes some getting used to (this new lifestyle) but you'll soon know all the ins and outs and what works for you best.

Nicole, wow, try to keep your head above the notebooks!

Louie, I hear ya sista! Roll on spring! I can't wait to stop having to bundle up Alyssa and myself. It's so time consuming, not to mention restricting at times. Oh for the day to slip on some sandals and just GO!

Diana, wow...talk about an amazing loss! How motivating is that! Not to mention what your leader was saying. It rang so true to me aswell, thanks for sharing. Congrats girl!

Robbin, come on girl...you can wrap this up! I'm rootin' for ya to have to NOT change that ticker much, if at all next week. What a great challenge to give yourself. Go Robbin! Go Robbin!

Tammy, we're exactly the same weight. Come on girl..I wanna cross that onederland line with somebody. You can do this, you will find your power to keep trudging. Going into maintenance is hard to get out of. At least I know this was true for me. After seeing the scale not move for weeks I lost my oomph to really put in the effort needed. After seeing the same weight since July/August...I'm so ready to get back into this whole heartedly and cross that line finally.

Well ladies have a great night and I'll see you in the A.M. right after my water aerobics class.

TTFN!
Old 01-18-2007, 12:50 AM   #143  
Domestic Engineer

Hey everyone- hope you had a great day. It snowed here pretty much all day so I got some extra exercise in by having to shovel twice. (and dh shoveled once before work!) I also tried Dance Dance Revolution for the first time as a workout. I've played around with it with the kids, but never for more than a few minutes. I did 40 minutes today and it was so fun! Nice change from the treadmill. Dh had a co-worker give him an xbox and I found the pad and game used. It's fun.
I've been back on track eating-wise this week...things are good. I have to go to Calgary tomorrow to pick up a friend from the airport and have decided to treat myself to a yummy lunch. I'll be "mostly" on track for the day...I'll probably just end up getting something at the mall.
Sorry, I haven't done personals for awhile.
Tina and Tammy- lets all get to 199 together!! We are all so close.
Well, better get to bed. Tomorrow is going to be a long day.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:53 AM   #144  
rambler

S/C/G: 296/225/170

Howdy girls!!!

I'll tell you stay gone a little while and there is too much too catch up on!!! Glad to see things so active, but way more than i have time to read back over and still get to post so no personals today. But WOW sounds like there have been some great losses and some awesome thoughts rolling around this place. There is a really positive vibe right now and that is so wonderful to be a part of!

Unfortunately, i am stuck in plateau **** right now and have acutally gone up a little more. I am having to have some tests run and other things done in the next 2 mos so i am distracted to say the lest but I am really fighting the urge to throw in the towel. Seeing all the encouragement here really helps. Biggest thing right now is i know i have got to stop blaming everything but me and my choices.

Well gotta run ladies and get lunch packed and Amelia off to school. Hey all you guys with the snow, want to send a little my way?? I miss it so much! Have a good one! Erin
Old 01-18-2007, 07:13 AM   #145  

tina, didnt wanna bore people with how many situps/minutes/reps was doing every day.
still on track have upped my calories to about 1500, got a new workout dvd which arrived in post this morning so gonna give that a go this evening, didnt do any exercise yesterday as had to go and have bloods taken in the morning and was feeling a little faint.
we've got severe weather warning here today with 80mph winds, just about to go out so hope my little boys feet manage to stay on the ground lol!!
Old 01-18-2007, 07:57 AM   #146  
Nicole

S/C/G: 252/ticker/150

Height: 5' 10"

Just another fly-by from me. I ordered my books online to save money (I saved almost $300!), but that meant starting off behind. *sigh* I added it up and had about 400 pages to read this week in 5 classes. At least I can see the light at the end now. Course I have to fit getting my house party ready for my daughter's party on Sunday, and I won't be home at all Saturday because we're driving a couple of hours away to get my "new" car. AF must be one her way. The scale jumped back up 2 lbs this morning.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:56 AM   #147  
Project Down-Sizing !!

Morning, Gals

Didn't make it here yesterday, so before I scoot off to work I just wanted to drop in and say hello. I will be back later for personals.

Have a great day
Old 01-18-2007, 04:33 PM   #148  

just tried out the dvd and i lasted about 3minutes theres loads of jumping and stuff that theres no way this 280 pound whale can do
will have to stick to the treadmill for a bit longer i think, walking i can just about manage, anything more difficult than that, no thanks!!
Old 01-18-2007, 04:47 PM   #149  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Default Happy Thursday!

Afternoon! How are all you fine "losers" doing today? I hope well of course! I'm having a pretty good day so far. Everything in line and exercise is completed for the day...just working keeping my fingers busy and gulping the water.

Emily, how are your arms today after all that shoveling? I know when I have to do it my shoulders are so soar that I can't lift a thing! I would love to try a dance workout but like I said before I'm not very co-ordinated. By the way, say hi to my brother for me as you go through Calgary! And I would love to get to 199 with a group of us!

Erin, I'm so glad you've been fighting the urge to quit. We need ya girl! You can beat this plateau. Keep posting often, as you say..this place is very encouraging and motivating..take advantage girl! I hope all is well with you and your tests are not that serious.

Liza, the simple task of posting our accomplishments we make throughout each day is very good to our weight loss egos. Having something positive to post is great, it makes us strive each day to keep it up so we can share. I'm sure none of us mind, in fact it's motivating! What kind of workout dvd did you get?

Nicole, that's a heck of a savings and a heck of a lot of reading! I'm glad too that you're seeing the light at the end. Have a fun weekend! A new car is always exciting.

Louie, Hey girl! Have a great day!

What's everyone having for dinner tonight? I'm having pork loin chops in a zesty lemon/rosemary sauce. Not sure whats for a side yet...salad for sure as one!

TTFN!
Old 01-18-2007, 05:19 PM   #150  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Hi Gang . . .

Afraid I'm having something of an upside down and backward day. Woke up in the wee hours and puddled around because I couldn't get back to sleep. Finally conked out again about 8:30 am and slept for four hours. Had to rush out for a few hours this afternoon and just got back. It's a lot warmer than yesterday, but still -20C (-4F) and windy. At least the sun was out. Of course, usually by this time of year we are calling this weather, but not this weird year. Hey, at least it's strange all over so I don't feel alone in the weirdness.

ROBBIN . . . . . . Keep on doing the good stuff girl. You can make it pay.

DIANNE . . . . . . We all guide our own lives. Think of yourself not your MIL. BTW, I copied your WW words into Word for safe keeping. Never fear, I can hit you with it if needed.

CHERYL . . . . . . Congrats on the loss. Your leader is on-track too. Nothing worth having comes easy. If it did, we probably wouldn't want it anymore anyway.

TAMMY . . . . . . I know I've said it before, but it is definitely worth repeating. You have done so well. You are an inspiration to all of us. Hang in there, girl. Make "199" your mantra. You'll be there in no time.

TINA . . . . . . Fantastic . . . so happy to see that number coming down so wonderfully for you. Want to hear you joining in on that "199" chant, darlin'.

EMILY . . . . . . Lots of great exercise. Everytime you heave that shovel, scream "199". Wow, it is getting noisy in here. Keep it up, baby.

ERIN . . . . . . Hang in there, our numbers will be just a little longer in reaching that wonderful new century . . . but it will come.

NICOLE . . . . . . Keep reading, keep reading, keep reading and soon you will be all caught up and able to enjoy all the money you saved.

LOUIE . . . . . . Have a great day. See you later.

LIZA . . . . . . Never you fear, chickie, you will get there. I hve lots of DVD's that I feel that way about . . . someday, I'll wonder why I thought they were so difficult and so will you.

Well, it's about dinner time (even though it kind of feels more like lunch to me). Hope I get to sleep at a reasonable time tonight . . . it's those terrible wide-awake in the middle of the night sessions that cause me to get to feeling really nibbly . . . bad, bad, bad. So here's a triple dose of I'm really going to need it and I'm willing to share with anyone else in need of the extra little too. Have a great moving and shaking evening, girls . . . see you later.
Closed Thread