Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 07:27 AM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default Core Board 13 Because We're All Losing Queens!

Morning Ladies!
DH is having some tum trauma so I have a few extra minutes this am
I realized something last night my binging wasn't just because of trigger foods. (I binged 3 nights in a row) was letting the neg atmosphere at work really get to me. And out of depression I was shovelling it in. Rather I was shovellign it down. I'm going to try to start nurturing me even in my grey cube farm. After a good Cry and lots of wheezing b/c I had no voice yesterday. I felt better and clearer and I think I'm going to start seeing DH's shrink. Also GYn Next week hopefully to fix my wacked out hormones. Gott run and get my crap together.
Come out and PLAY!
Kierie
PS while not a huge Abba fan I'm singing "losing Queen" to the tune of Dancing Queen
Old 03-24-2005, 10:52 AM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

Kierie, stress eating is common, especially with work troubles. You were wise to catch on so quickly. Hope you get some help. My hormones always give me trouble. I've been diaganosed perimenopausal since my 40th birthday. Menopause can come any time it wants!
Old 03-24-2005, 02:39 PM   #3  

Hi everyone, I'm back after my 3 days of Spring Break. I can't believe all the great stuff you all have been posting in the CIW threads.

I'm doing pretty well. I'm very stoked about finally breaking the 160 mark. I'd been below that for a while on my home scale, but Saturday was the first time it showed up officially. I didn't weigh myself for the last few days and I was feeling like I was sort of backsliding. I took my kids out to lunch for the last three days and was mostly good, although not totally Core, except for Tuesday. But yesterday I finished my saintly sushi and started nibbling on my kids' leftover fries. Why do kid's menus always serve everything with fries? Even spaghetti! And, of course I have the only kids in the world who think fries are just okay, but nothing to get excited about. (My daughter liked to get Happy Meals at McDonald's, but only if we took them to the park so she could feed her fries to the seagulls. Now we go to Rubio's. I can buy little plastic toys myself.) Anyway, I weighed myself hesitantly this morning and I was at a new low! I actually moved the scale to see if it had just been on an uneven spot. Whew! I guess all that spring cleaning paid off.

Keirie, good for you, taking control back and making some good changes. I know that just my regular monthly hormone jags, especially that PMS week, make huge differences in my appetite. The first 3 days of PMS and I feel like I can't stop eating. Core really helps. It used to be entire bags of Doritos and then some chocolate for dessert to balance out all that salt.
Old 03-24-2005, 03:06 PM   #4  
Athlete in Training

Smile

Hi all,

I can't believe the week is winding down. I've got big plans for the weekend (outside of cooking all day for Easter). We recently moved (Dec) and one of the rooms in our basement is full of boxes.

Well I watch those home improvement shows about getting rid of clutter and such, so I've decided to go through all those boxes and, hopefully, get rid of lots of junk. Then I want to buy some clear plastic containers and label them so I know where the stuff I want to keep is.

Hopefully when all is said and done, I can use the room for a sewing / craft/ computer room, with only a portion of it dedicated to storage.

Ambitious, eh? We'll see how far I get. They make it look so easy.

Kierie, hang in there girl. Don't forget the meds make you insanely moody. I actually left church in tears last week because someone told me I was sitting in the wrong place - and I'm not a cryer.

Linda, I can't say much 'cuz I'm so new at this and still in the "honeymoon phase", but I've been yo-yoing all my life and know how hard it is sometimes to get in the groove. (I lost close to 100 pounds six times before, and here i am with 100+ pounds to lose.) I saw this on a poster when I was a teenager and it gets me going. "If you don't take care of your body, where ya gonna live?" Don't stop trying. Your renaissance will come.

Gotta go. Make some memories today!

-- Terry
Old 03-24-2005, 08:22 PM   #5  

Cher, way to go on your outstanding WI! And I know you must be proud of how well you handled eating out with the kids ... sure seems like it's become second nature to you and that's spectacular!

Kierie, I'm so sorry that you're feeling depressed. There's nothing like a good cry to make you feel better sometimes but hopefully, the doctor will be able to manage something that will help to stabilize your hormones. Hope your breathing continues to improve. I think your plan to nurture yourself through thick and thin, at work and at home, is something I need to do too. I've been feeling blue myself all day ... and yes, I've been eating and eating and eating. Here's some feel better hugs for both of us ...

Terry, have fun reorganizing the basement. I have a garage I need to tackle in just that systematic way. Everything is actually already stored in those plastic tubs and labeled but I really need to go through the stuff. A lot of my daughter's stuff could probably really be donated or, heaven forbid, I can organize a garage sale!

Vickie, thanks for the encouragement earlier about the job. I've always wanted to come to Chicago! I have a very good friend who is with the U.S. Marshals Service who keeps promising he'll get me tickets to see the White Sox if I come visit. Just can't see myself working at the high-rise detention center ... presumably in the heart of downtown Chicago. I don't think I'm big city enough to handle that! Hope WI went well for you tonight. I know sometimes the scale can be stingy during TOM so fingers are crossed that you'll show a nice loss!

Frannie, can't remember if this was the week you were going to be in training out of town so maybe you didn't go to WI. If you did WI, hope you also have a good loss.

I'll need to go back and read the #12 thread since I can't remember if I might have missed anyone ... hope not. Angela, Linda, Kathy, Lisa ... hope you all are having a good Thursday!
Old 03-24-2005, 08:42 PM   #6  
Closed

Not much going on here today .....I am sure every one is busy with the holiday weekend. As for me....well it's my BD and I took the day off...as well as tomorrow. Yeah two days off
Going to KeyLargo/Islamarda tomorrow for the day maybe two
I have FINALLY had the time to check out all the other boards you ALL post on. Interesting, very interesting, not to mention motivating. Unfortunately I don't have the time at work to do it. Kierie, I so understand the negative atmosphere/stress at work. I go through the same thing most days.....and my eating suffers I am such a stress eater.........hense my "out of control" syndrome. You helped me with that by realizing it a lot sooner than I did....thanks
After reading MOST of the different boards at the Core Support (CIW) I feel good. You all are so very, very inspiring. I think my BD present to myself is to really, really try to be OP 100% for at least till the end of the month...that alone will be a NSV for me, and then maybe just maybe the scale will be nice I know in my heart of heart that I NEED to stick with one thing. This is not new to me. I have been on WW since 2001...so I know the drill.....Please, please understand that I want so much to not only talk the talk, I want to walk the walk. I want to be proud of me!!! Maybe my BD is making me realize that another year gone!!! and that I have be screwing around with this since Sept....ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!! Kick my butt will ya....Kathy give me the ole
something P L E A S E!!!!
Terry I like that "honeymoon phase" thing....that reaffirms that my thinking a couple of weeks ago to handle this like a newbie make sense....Thanks Terry!!!
Cher- Great going on the 1 5 9 !!! awesome!!!!!!!!!! more inspiration for me, that we certainly can do this....
Vickie how did w/i go??? Is the current chick getting his walking papers I truely hope so....
I don't know if I'll be here to w/i on Saturday cause with any luck we may stay down in The Keys...
Deborah I hope you are doing well....I think of you often when I become lax - I think of your very encouraging ways and thoughts...and that you would be telling me....you can do this....you and Vickie are quite the
Lisa I did say "way to go on your 7.4 lbs on another post but in case you misssed it.........Way To Go.....another inspiring 'friend'
If I have missed anyone, my apologies.....Angela again thank you for all you do....and hey...great going on the headstand!!!!!
Talk with you all later........Happy Holiday, Happy Easter......Linda ( still hanging in there) not ready to give up yet!!!!

PS - my husband still reassures me - Core is the Way!!!!
Old 03-24-2005, 10:01 PM   #7  

Linda, happy birthday!!! I know you can reach your end of the month goal. You can do it!!

Angela
Old 03-24-2005, 10:29 PM   #8  

I forgot to mention, all day I was tempted to get into the kids' Easter jelly beans, but I didn't because I knew I'd let you all down if I did.

Thanks for the virtual support you folks didn't even know you were giving me!

Angela
Old 03-24-2005, 10:58 PM   #9  
Southside White Sox Fan

Cher, Welcome back and congratulations on reaching a new low! Ha Ha Ha....we are the only ones happy about lows! The 100's seem so far away for me but I know that I will get there someday!

Terry, good luck with your organizing. I'm an organization freak. Everyone identifies me with Monica from friends. I'm really not that bad but I could be if I let myself go! Clutter is VERY stressful for me.

Deborah, you are welcome here in Chicago ANY time! I worked in downtown Chicago for 30 years and I'm just a little old South Side girl. It's very nice and not at all like other big cities. It's not New York. People are always surprised at how clean and friendly it is once they get here. Chicago White Sox games are one of my true passions. Let me know if you ever get to town. Jim and I would love to go to a game!

Happy Birthday to You. Happy Birthday to You. Happy Birthday, Dear Linda. Happy Birthday to you! Believe me....this was the best way for you to get your Happy Birthday wishes from me because I sing terribly! Hope you had a wonderful day and that you have a fabulous birthday. One of my good friends is turning 40 tomorrow and Jim and I are taking her out for lunch. I'll raise a glass of ice water in your honor! Linda, I hope you meet your goal of sticking to program through the end of the month. Our meeting tonight mentioned how we sabotage ourselves and that we are the only ones who can control our fate. So much responsibility!!!!

I had a great weigh in tonight. I lost 2.6! I was exactly at 30 pounds so no new Chick for a little while. Total 32.6 for 28 weeks which is not bad for an aging girlie! I'd like to lose faster but am basically happy with my progress. If I got a little stricter with my portion sizes, I could probably lose a little faster but then I might feel deprived which would be really bad. So in the end I decided to not change a thing!

Pretty tired now and have an early day tomorrow. Have to get up early enough to exercise and get chores done before Jim and I take our friend out for her birthday.

Frannie, hope you did well too.
Old 03-24-2005, 11:01 PM   #10  
Southside White Sox Fan

Angela, huge congratulations on leaving the jelly beans alone! I feel the same way about all of you. I would have to confess and then I would feel like I let you all down. I was thinking about the fact that I ate pizza this week and still lost 2.6. Instead of feeling happy about it, I wondered how much I could have lost if I hadn't eaten the darn pizza. Funny....sometimes you just can't make me happy!
Old 03-25-2005, 07:42 AM   #11  

Just checking in quickly ... actually have some work to do. What a shock!

Linda, belated happy birthday! I hope you enjoy your day trip way down yonder in south Florida! That will help you regroup ... a little time away from the job to relax with DH. You deserve it ... I hope your special day was just what you deserved!

Vickie, 2.6 pounds is out of this world! I know you were thrilled. I don't know if you agree with the premise of the Wendy plan about how modifying your eating from day to day keeps your body guessing and you lose weight better ... something along those lines, I think. Maybe the extra points or just the different menu of pizza helped contribute to your SV this week. Wouldn't it be nice to know what made the difference so that we could duplicate it without effort? You are always so consistently good at following Core that you are going to be where you want to be before you know it. And you never know when I might roll into town for that baseball game!

Angela, I love jelly beans so I truly admire your ability to turn away from them. You and Vickie always set such a good example for the rest of us!

Have a great Friday everyone! Vickie, enjoy the birthday celebration with your friend and Linda, enjoy your birthday trip!
Old 03-25-2005, 09:02 AM   #12  

Vickie! Way to go on the 2.6 lost! That's wonderful!! I also think that sometimes an occasional splurge helps jump-start your weight loss. Not that it should be done every day or anything.

Baby's up, dryer fix-it guy is coming today . .. BBL.

Angela
Old 03-25-2005, 11:08 AM   #13  
Athlete in Training

Linda -
Attached Images
File Type: gif happybirthday_2.gif (1.8 KB, 13 views)
Old 03-25-2005, 12:30 PM   #14  

Hello there,

I am way behind in my posting.
The boys won the League Championship!! On to the quarterfinals
I won at weigh in with a whopping -.6 that put me right at -31!! Whoohooo
Next week will be slack for me here, off to Toronto! Hope I can stay honest while there......have it all planned.
Back to my reading everyone's posts!

Cheerio
Old 03-27-2005, 10:14 AM   #15  
Southside White Sox Fan

Frannie, 31 pounds is fantastic! Congratulations to the team. They must be so happy and proud of themselves. I heard their Goalie is pretty darn good!

I miss everyone. I hope everyone checks back before Monday to see that we are back up! I've been having support withdrawals.

Frouf, are you home and tan and happy? Hope you had a GREAT time.

Have a Great Easter.

Last edited by Vickie; 03-27-2005 at 10:29 AM.
Closed Thread