Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 04:53 PM   #331  

S/C/G: 245/229.8/140

Height: 5ft 5in

This last week has been just awful. I had to travel for work and I brought my WS with me. Well, it wasn't always easy to prepare things, so we ate at a lot of restaurants and had a bunch of business dinner things to do. Needless to say, I have lost NOTHING. It really stinks when you want to stick to the plan, but life gets in the way. I really truly did have salads most of the time. When I didn't I had fish or chicken. I think I should have asked more questions about how things were prepared, and had dressings on the side. But, nothing to do about it now other than try better next week.

How is everyone else doing?
Old 01-31-2011, 04:08 PM   #332  
Goddess of All

S/C/G: 174.5/see ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default Every Little Bit Helps

It's still such a challenge for me to get back on track. I am trying to remind myself to reach for a shake rather than something evil. And I've read what you all have written about water and working on that too.

Because I haven't been 100% on track since Thanksgiving, I have put off getting my A1C tested. The last time I was tested was in August 2010. I was 7.0 then and my dr. prescribed meds. Shortly after that, I started WS and haven't taken ANY of the meds. Today I had my A1C tested again: 6.6!! So, I have lowered it without medication!!!!! (A1C is a test for diabetics which measures the average blood sugar over the past 3 months). Man, I wonder what my results would have been when I was totally on program and had lost 15 pounds?! (I've regained 5).

Anyway, I'm pleased w/ the numbers and thrilled that I won't have to take the meds any time soon! I kind of wish my cholesterol had been taken too...
Old 02-01-2011, 09:37 PM   #333  

*peeking in*

Just wanted to stop by and see how you guys are doing. I hope no one is buried in the snow!

I just finished my first week on nutrisystem and I am down 4 pounds. I think it is a good motivational tool to know I have hundred of people (or more) watching me between my blog, social networking and the nutrisystem blogger program.

When I finish my 4 months I plan to get back on WS products (at least some of them) to keep things moving in the right direction.

You guys keep on trucking and stay warm!
Old 02-03-2011, 12:29 PM   #334  

S/C/G: 245/229.8/140

Height: 5ft 5in

So, I live just north of Chicago and I am snowed in terribly. There is a mountain of snow blocking my front and back doors. We can't budge them. Plus, our garage is so blocked with snow we can't get that open either. My BF is currently climbing out the second floor balcony in an attempt to shovel us out. Misery! But, at least I don't have to go to work today!
Old 02-04-2011, 02:11 AM   #335  

Height: 5'7"

Well, somehow, I ran out of shakes today and the diet is semi-off until I get my order. Somehow, when I placed my order a couple weeks ago I did not think about how I need more shakes then lunches. I have, like, 3 weeks of lunches still lol! Oh and no shakes mean that my fast food and sugar cravings came out at full force today. I actually gave into Sonic for lunch. Ugh. It felt good to eat, but I just did not feel good after I ate. Its been weird but using the WS plan, I have no fast food or junk cravings like I used to. But today, the cravings came back like the never left. I guess I will focus harder on eating a bit better then today til I get my shakes delivered.

I did not have the scale move at all this week but I did waist, calf, bicep, thigh, chest measurements at the start of January to the end and in total was 6 pounds and about 7 inches all gone. Ill re measure myself at the end of Feb to keep track of my progress.

Camper- I hope you get free from your snow cave! That can not be any fun.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:53 PM   #336  

Just wanted to join in here. I am starting Wonderslim in a little over a week and I am looking forward to reading your tips etc.
I have had 3 children in less than 5 years. With my first I had just lost 35 pounds (from about 195 to 160) when I got pregnant and I gained that back super quickly and another 50 lbs! I lost the 50 back too my original weight (192) and got pregnant again. Gained a more reasonable 45 pounds this time and lost it back to 195 and got pregnant again! So now my youngest is 18 months and I am "stuck" at that same 195. This was my weight at the end of highschool, I keep getting stuck here. So I was looking for something to push me over the edge and I was looking at medifast and then found wonderslim. I like the idea of being able to still have some fruit and such so I'm going to go ahead with it.
So, there's my life story lol. and :hi:!
Old 02-05-2011, 09:33 PM   #337  

S/C/G: 228/222/160

Height: 5'2"

Started the wonderslim 2 week startr kit yesterday. So far so good as I'm not falling into temptations.
One thing though, I didn't like the chocolate mint snack bar
Old 02-07-2011, 02:55 AM   #338  

Hi and welcome sotired and usha. Glad you have joined the WS clan :-)
Old 02-07-2011, 11:44 PM   #339  

i returned all of the "smoothies" oh my gosh ew i couldnt even doctor them. I returned most everything i didnt like. I instead ordered a ton of things i like, like the spicy cheese pasta, mocha cream cocomint shake, carmel nut brownie and butter pecan bar, and milk chocolate crunchies! thats it folks, i am pretty much eating those things for the next few weeks, i think the only thing i will get slightly tired of is the spicy mac daily oh well i am excited for the bars and crunchies every day

so smart ones are a bad idea for dinner yes?
Old 02-08-2011, 10:24 PM   #340  

S/C/G: 132

Height: 5'1

Smile

Finally got some money saved and was able to order the 4 week plan today!! Hopefully it should arrive by Thursday or Friday. So excited. I am currently studying for the Florida BAR exam, and I have gained around 10-13 lbs. in just a few months. The test is in two weeks, so I'll be home studying all day which will make the first week of the program a lot easier hopefully.
I am 5'1 and currently weight 130 (maybe more, I haven't had the courage to weight myself). None of my clothe fit, and I decided I need to get myself in control now, before I spiral out of control . I've always weight around 120, but I might be looking to go to 115, give me a little room to the usual up/down 3s.

So hello everyone!!! I'm excited, and this forum has been incredibly helpful, and made my decision sooo easy!
Old 02-08-2011, 10:52 PM   #341  

Whereamihidingit- I heard people didn't like the smoothies, but I didn't find them too bad. I usually had them as a real smoothie because I was afraid to drink them plain. Thrown in the blender with frozen blueberries or strawberries and some ground flax, put in the freezer for a bit and taken to work to drink later. I like the spicy pasta & just ordered the crunchies to try on this order. I don't know about the smart ones. I guess it should sorta be ok.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:42 AM   #342  

Quote:
Originally Posted by blingfiend View Post
Whereamihidingit- I heard people didn't like the smoothies, but I didn't find them too bad. I usually had them as a real smoothie because I was afraid to drink them plain. Thrown in the blender with frozen blueberries or strawberries and some ground flax, put in the freezer for a bit and taken to work to drink later. I like the spicy pasta & just ordered the crunchies to try on this order. I don't know about the smart ones. I guess it should sorta be ok.
you enjoy those crunchies, i have 6 boxes woot woot! sooooo good.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:54 PM   #343  
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

Height: 5.5

Hello all! I've been MIA for quite some time...sorry for that! I've been upside down and inside out lately...my office is closing so I've been moving all my stuff out - and over to the other local office where I will hopefully get to stay...and since my last post had the ultrasound done - I have a cyst on my only remaining ovary - this is what's causing my pain. The ablation I had done last march looked good (relief!!) soooo..I'm on birth control pills for 3 months to see if that cyst will go away w/out surgery. (fingers crossed and prayers said!)..also, I've had a stomach virus (thanks hubs!) and the flu (no idea where that came from - but it was BAD!) I've been dabbling in my WS plan, can't seem to get my late afternoon snacks under control but luckily I'm holding steady w/ my weight.

Welcome to all you newbies!! WS is a great plan - if you're willing to do it!! Be sure to check out the impatient dieters website; she's chocked full of great information and encouragement!!

Chrystal - good to see you're still checking in here...and congrats on your NS success! Are you liking the food better than WS? I see their commercials on TV...stuff looks sooo good, but the one time I tried NS it tasted like cardboard...

Happy day everyone...tomorrow is FRIDAY!! (and Monday is not only the day for lovers...it's my 14 year wedding anniversary!)
Old 02-10-2011, 01:54 PM   #344  
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

Height: 5.5

Oh...and I LOVE those crunchies too!! I hadn't tried them until recently (thanks Chrystal!)..OMG...WAY yummy!!!
Old 02-12-2011, 12:55 PM   #345  

Kristi- the food is so much better than it used to be. The frozen goodies are just like ice cream and healthy meals from the grocery store. I like the variety. The plans are very similar. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, fruit, vegi and protein. With NS you can get your protein from meat, egg, cheese, milk, or powder. Where with WS you use their pudding/shake mix. The desserts they have, like the snacks are very similar to the DD snacks and the bars are similar, just not as heavy as WS. One thing i like better is the WS plain mac and cheese. NS did not have enough cheese flavor to me.

I know when NS is done feeing me food for their blogger program I will be coming back to use some WS products.

Actually, there are a few things I have been thinking about getting to supplement my NS plan.
Closed Thread