Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 04:02 PM   #376  
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

Height: 5.5

YAY YoYo!!! I knew you'd finally hit those 180's!!! YAY!!!! Soooo happy for you!! And WTG on the BBQ choices...girl you are rockin' and it's showin'!!
Old 10-18-2010, 04:13 PM   #377  
Goddess of All

S/C/G: 174.5/see ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Wow! Look at all of the action here!!

Today I'm totally back on track and will remain so even when I'm alone again this coming weekend. I have closets to clean out, a basement to clean up (for Thanksgiving guests!!) to keep me occupied and away from the JUNK!
Old 10-18-2010, 04:14 PM   #378  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanellBea View Post
Jen, t hanks so much, that was really helpful. I am really glad that your broke everything down. Do you log your foods anywhere? A diet site? I would love to keep track of everything just to make sure I am not going over on calories/carbs. I used to do MF and their guidelines were 800-1000 calories and 80-100 carbs, but they recommend you stick to the lower end of the carbs. I know with WS it is more carbs than MF, which has always made me a little apprehensive about eating all the WS products - but I know I need to give it an honest try. I lost really well on MF, but I can no longer have that much soy, which is why I switched.

Do you mind sharing your average weekly losses? THanks again! Janell
Janell: I do log my foods daily, yes. No matter what I'm eating (meal replacements or "real food," good or bad). I use MyNetDiary on my iPhone (which is super convenient) and it ties in with their online site, too. I have never found another food tracking application with such a HUGE food database. I find it to be even more robust than the Calorie King site, which I never thought could happen!

So here's what I've discovered about carbs. First of all, it's not my goal to be in ketosis, which I believe *is* a goal of Medifast. I've done other plans in the past which do require that, and there's nothing wrong with it. I've just found that I lose as quickly when I'm in ketosis as when I'm not...as long as I keep my carbs LOW. They don't need to be under 100g a day. But I've experimented a bit, and I find that I need to keep them at or under 130g a day. I feel my best when they're somewhere between 100 and 130g typically. This gives me good energy for exercise and daily activity. But keeps my cravings (and related binging tendencies) at bay. Again, everyBODY is different. So you might play around with your levels a bit. Try a couple of days at 100 and see how you feel. Try 110 and see how you feel, and so on and so forth. You'll know when you've hit *your* particular sweet spot because you'll feel good and have energy, but you won't find yourself dealing with irrational cravings for sweets, AND the scale will continue moving downward.

As for my average weekly loss, the actual numbers themselves are all over the place. Some weeks I will lose 3 or 4 pounds, and then the next week I'll lose between .5 and 1 pound. One thing is for sure. Weight loss is NOT linear. If you look at the chart of my progress over the last 53 weeks, it goes down for a while, then up a bit, then down...then up, and so on. You just have to realize that over time it really does average out pretty well. In fact my average loss each week over the past year has been 1.6 pounds per week. But, as I said, some weeks I lost as much as 8 pounds! Other weeks I lost nothing...or I had a slight gain. It's all about maintaining a good average and being consistent. In short, it all evens out in the end.

Remember: as long as you are honest and you work the plan, it will work for you.

-Jen
Old 10-19-2010, 08:58 AM   #379  
Finish What I Started!!

S/C/G: 240/190/130

Height: 5'5"

GOOD MORNING! I made it through day 1 and am feeling really good! YoYo, I forgot to congratulate you on making it to the 80's - put on some leg warmers and strut your stuff!!! (get it, the '80's'!)

Have a fantastic day everyone
Old 10-19-2010, 09:21 AM   #380  
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

Height: 5.5

Meg - sounds like you have a LOT to keep you busy, physically and mentally with all that cleaning up!! Enjoy your "quiet" time!!

Janell - leg warmers.....funny!!!! I LOVE everything 80's!!! Music, movies - heck even politics were better in the 80's!!! Just not big on the BIG 80's hair!! Although with my natural curl I can get big time frizzy in no time!!!

Anyone seen Waterwoman...or Kelly....or Harvester lurking around????And what about Kenyon??
Old 10-19-2010, 10:50 AM   #381  
Goddess of All

That which was gained is again lost! Only 2 days to un-do my 2 days of nasty eating!!! I'm thrilled!!! I would LOVE to hit the 15 pounds lost mark this week.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:50 AM   #382  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

he he....leg warmers...that brings back memories

You go Meg!! You can do it!!
Old 10-19-2010, 01:06 PM   #383  
Finish What I Started!!

S/C/G: 240/190/130

Height: 5'5"

YOU CAN DO IT MEG!!! It's lunchtime here and I am enjoying my chocolate cream shake - yummy!

I am an 80's girl at heart as well, graduated HS in 1984. The hubs and I went to a Journey concert last summer, it was awesome
Old 10-19-2010, 02:49 PM   #384  
Goddess of All

Janell: JOURNEY IS THE BEST BAND EVERRRRRRR!!!!!

I graduated from HS in 1982, so we are of the same era!

Wow, all of my CVS runs are adding up. I was able to claim a bunch of the things I purchased for my health care reimbursement. Cha-ching!
Old 10-19-2010, 04:26 PM   #385  

Hi guys! Thought I would check in today and see how everyone was doing. My fedex box from DD with my random WS extras arrived today. My NL package isnt due to arrive for another 2 days. I won't be starting officially until Monday. There is no way I can start a diet on the weekends when my fiances lil one is with us (he has weekends) and his ex step daughter will be coming this weekend so it will be even harder. We are taking the girls and the grandparents to the pumpkin patch

I am trying to figure out where I am going to put all of my food! I am SO excited. I was just telling him today how excited I was to start my weight loss journey. I feel like this is going to be great and I am going to have good results!
Old 10-20-2010, 07:11 AM   #386  

This site is so awesome, inspiring and best of all: ACTIVE! Irish, I bet you are excited about getting your goodies in! I am still waiting on my starter pack but I bet it will get here today. I am in Destin, Florida and I think they are in California but it shipped last week so we shall see I am still nursing the flu, and dealing with the onset of TOM but I really need to use up these protein shakes I already have so just going to chug them down in WS proportions until they are gone. I am hoping it will help me ease into the program easier once I get the WS/ND ordered and at my house. From the time you order WS 4,8 or 12 week kits, until you get them, about how many days is it? I see Diet Direct is in Georgia and I am right below them in Destin so I would imagine it would be fairly quick.

Jen, you are so inspiring!!! We are the same height, 5'7 and I am hovering between 170-172 with TOM. I know you must feel so good at 161, last winter I was 158. I realized how much those 12 lbs mean this weekend when I tried on all my NO Saints clothes from last year. I was able to buy everything in Youth Large or Youth XL, so I was in the children's section, mainly to save money. They all look ridiculously small on me this year and I am mad because I want them to fit This is all from about 12-14 lbs!
Old 10-20-2010, 07:21 AM   #387  

Irish, quick question that I couldn't tell from your earlier post on how you ordered...When you ordered your NLD, were you able to use the coupon we received when we ordered the Starter Pack PLUS the 35 off coupon code from your email at the same time? I just got the Halloween coupon in email and if I could use that PLUS the Starter Kit coupon, it would be AWESOME!
Old 10-20-2010, 07:57 AM   #388  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunetteAtty View Post
Jen, you are so inspiring!!! We are the same height, 5'7 and I am hovering between 170-172 with TOM. I know you must feel so good at 161, last winter I was 158. I realized how much those 12 lbs mean this weekend when I tried on all my NO Saints clothes from last year. I was able to buy everything in Youth Large or Youth XL, so I was in the children's section, mainly to save money. They all look ridiculously small on me this year and I am mad because I want them to fit This is all from about 12-14 lbs!
BrunetteAtty:You will get back there, I am sure! You've done it before, so you know it's possible, right?!

I actually saw a new "decade" this morning and am having to do everything possible to keep from shouting from the rooftops. Though my official weigh in isn't until Saturday morning, I do weigh daily. And this morning the scale said (drum roll please): 159.4! What makes this doubly (or triply?!) more exciting is that I'm due to start my period today. So maybe, just maybe, when I weigh in "for real" on Saturday morning I'll be able to update my ticker with a number solidly in the 150s!

I can't even remember the last time I weighed this little...probably sometime in my junior or senior year of high school?! Heck...I even weigh a little less than what my driver's license says now. Now many females can say that?!

Hope you are all having a great, on-plan day. Remember: work the program and it'll work for you!

-Jen
Old 10-20-2010, 08:02 AM   #389  

Jen, I know you MUST look AMAZING in the 150's I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!! I bet when you finish your TOM, you will be like 155, and I bet you are smokin hot at that weight! You are my HERO!

Do you think the 2 week kick-start full liquids that your doctor prescribed is the magic bullet, secret to your success?
Old 10-20-2010, 08:33 AM   #390  

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishchik View Post
There is no way I can start a diet on the weekends when my fiances lil one is with us (he has weekends) and his ex step daughter will be coming this weekend so it will be even harder.
Irish: a word of advice for you, as you begin your journey (and as someone who has been doing this for a year now): be careful not to let your social plans get in the way of your success. Something I learned pretty quickly is that there is ALWAYS going to be something going on--some special event, someone's birthday, a holiday, a party, etc. In short, it's really easy to get to a place where you think "well, I'll go off plan for today, and just a little because it's "insert 'special occasion here.'" The trouble is, before you know it, EVERY day has the (miraculous) ability to turn into a special occasion! And, then, before you know it, you're off plan more than you're on.

Now, I know that, in this case, your supplies won't be here until Monday, so you can't really start before then. But, as you go forward, start looking to these social occasions as an opportunity to see people in your life that you love and whose company you enjoy...even if food isn't part of the equation. You'll learn that if you really love being with someone, THAT's what it's about! BEING with them! Not eating/stuffing ourselves into oblivion.

The fantastic thing about Wonderslim is that everything is portable! So you can travel half way around the world and still stay on plan! Everything is small enough and compact enough to fit into a purse, and you'll find restaurants are willing to provide you with a bowl or a mug of hot water, or whatever you need to make and enjoy your meal while your dining companions enjoy theirs.

I know this is a BIG mindshift for most of us, but really, it's the reason I've been able to lose (and keep off) over 75 pounds this year. I am unwilling to let anything get in the way of my health, my happiness and my success. If you start thinking about these things now (and figuring out how you're going to handle them) you'll find you're better equipped to actually deal with them when they happen for real.

Just some (calorie free! ) food for thought for all of you losin' ladies out there.

-Jen
Closed Thread