Old 01-22-2013, 12:13 PM   #166  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by domesticbliss View Post
AprilSnow- I did lose weight on Attack, I was losing something every day, until the last three days, hope I wasn't confusing.

At first I just wanted to continue the attack and do the 5/5... because I didn't feel deprived with no vegetables, but I ate them tonight and will see how that goes before deciding between 5/5 and 2/2

I totally agree that going PP makes vegetables taste so good, I couldn't understand how people were saying they craved veggies until I bit into my cauliflower and was like, "omg that's what they were talking about!"
I mean that not losing for 3 of those Attack days is unusual, but it will all balance out in the end, I'm sure.

I had cauliflower last night too. Yummmm! I don't think there is a dancing cauliflower, so Mr. Broccoli will have to do
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:23 PM   #167  
Dukanista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairballz View Post
Hey all, I'm new, found this forum by doing a search for Dukan. I'm NOT new to low carbing, but haven't really been doing low carb like I know to do for several years - and my body shows it!

Bought the Dukan book and actually found I prefer the rules/rigidity of it to Atkins, which I'd done in the past. I've got quite a bit to lose, but I'm on the morning of Day 3 and lost 4.5 pounds the first 3 days. I'm a huge carnivore, so like some others I've read here this isn't really an adjustment of any kind - I prefer meat.

I'm going to do Attack for the full 10 days before I start 1/1 alternating of proteins with proteins+vegs.

I know there's a TREMENDOUS range in what someone can expect to lose in attack phase, but can any of you who have done the full 10 days chime in on what you lost? Thanks!
Welcome Hairballz! I ended up doing about 10 days of attack because of poor planning (didn't have time to go shopping to buy veggies). I had 3 days of low cal/non-Dukan while I was finishing up some off plan food that I had. During those two weeks, I lost a total of 10.8, and I think about 7-8 of that was during the Attack days. So while I am not sure you'll keep up the current pace of 1.5 per day, I would not be surprised if you break 10 lbs, if you are looking to lose 100 lbs or more.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:27 PM   #168  
Dukanista

and good morning PinkWaterfall and Allimac!!

Allimac, how fun to see your chickie avatar! They definitely work for me, and when I'm getting close to a new one, I will push myself a little bit extra to try to hit that next 5 lbs. I find it very motivating, I hope you will too!
Old 01-22-2013, 01:35 PM   #169  

I'm looking to lose about 50 total, though reserving the option for a few more after that. 50 would get me to my PERSONAL ideal weight, though it's still about 15 more than "the charts" say the upper limit is for my height. Like they know! LOL!

Thanks for the reply/encouragement. I'm actually enjoying the meat-fest as I call it! Have a nice steak waiting at home for tonight, and have gotten hooked on the imitation crab meat as a snack. I was really interested to read in the book that Dukan endorses diet sodas! Given all that is being said about them these days that was different, though I'm happy to get "permission" to enjoy my Coke Zero!
Hairballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:38 PM   #170  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/136

Height: 5"7

Good Morning!
Gosh, look at all those chicks! (Makes me want to cook up some chicken! lol)

I was happy too that we can have Coke Zero! Love that stuff.

Although I didn't have a Coke Zero until about a week and a half into my diet and I found it soooo sweet. Maybe because we have cut sugar from our diets? Either way... it was a bit of a shock but yummy
PinkWaterfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:12 PM   #171  

Yeah, I have to set a daily limit on those coke zeros or I'll drink them all day long. One of the worlds great gifts to dieters!
Old 01-22-2013, 08:17 PM   #172  
Dukanista

I just had the most delicious supper - some roasted cauliflower, and three of those chicken parm meatballs I posted about a couple of pages back with an extra generous portion of tomato sauce and some melted mozzarella.

Diet? What diet?
Old 01-23-2013, 04:53 AM   #173  

We certainly get to eat well on this diet!

I had yummy salmon with some lemon juice on it
It's probably the best thing I can cook lol.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:59 AM   #174  

S/C/G: 192/174/147

Height: 5ft2

All this talk of food!!! I had sirloin steak (8.99 euro for two in Aldi so not tooooo expensive as a treat) with stir fried mushrooms, red peppers, onion and spinach with the pancake mix thrown in on top so it was like an omlette ... delicious!!

Roasted cauliflower sounds good .... do you just put it in the oven raw or part boil first??
Allimac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:06 AM   #175  

Ya'll are making me hungry and it's not even 6am here! Aaggh!

Morning of Day4 of Attack, down 5.3 pounds so far. Yipee for me! I'm trying real hard to remind myself this rate of loss won't likely last but is a natural phenomena of just starting out. Steel myself for when it slows down - though I am enjoying the ride right now.

Last edited by Hairballz; 01-23-2013 at 07:06 AM.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:42 AM   #176  

Congratulations on your loss so far, Hairballz! You are doing great!

The benefit of Dukan... if you're hungry, you can eat!!

A few more days (if that) and you won't feel hungry at all - I haven't felt hunger once on this diet since the initial attack phase.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:49 AM   #177  

I have to say that other than the times I sit here and read what everyone's eating ( !!!) I haven't really experienced any raving hunger, just what I'd call normal hunger. And when that arrives, I just eat something. Trying to remember the Dukan advice to just eat what I want as long as it's on the list of attack-approved items. If I feel hungry, I eat something, trying to learn to forget about what the clock says or how much time has passed since I last ate. I think after decades of dieting and fighting my weight I've lost touch with ACTUAL hunger cues, so I'm trying to listen to my body and learn.

The imitation crab meat is a godsend to me - a little bit of that and a bottle of water as a snack and I'm good to go. Having the strangest cravings for grilled burgers, though! Will have to get out and satisfy that today!
Old 01-23-2013, 08:10 AM   #178  

This diet really is great for people who don't like feeling hungry. I know from past experience too that you can get soooo hungry when you are counting calories.

Imitation crab meat is yummmm!!! But... be careful with it - check the carbs and sugar content on the packet. Some of them are quite high...
Old 01-23-2013, 09:32 AM   #179  
Dukanista

We don't usually spend all this time talking about food - but it does go to show that this is not a deprivation diet at all!

Allimac - re: cauliflower, I don't boil it first. I cut it up in to small pieces - a little bigger than bite size because it shrinks down a bit while cooking. I use a tiny spray of olive oil (I have one of those Misto spray bottles). I know that isn't 100% on plan but it works for me. Then I sprinkle with some salt, pepper and garlic powder but you can use any spices you like, a lot of people like to use curry powder.

I like to roast in a hot oven - about 450F in a glass baking dish and stir every few minutes until it's done. I like it when it gets a bit brown and crusty on the edges so I cook a bit longer than some people, about 25 minutes or so.

I make a big batch at once, and then re-heat a portion at a time in a toaster oven if possible - you can use a microwave but it's better in the toaster oven.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:53 AM   #180  

S/C/G: 192/174/147

Height: 5ft2

Quote:
Originally Posted by April Snow View Post
re: cauliflower, I don't boil it first. I cut it up in to small pieces - a little bigger than bite size because it shrinks down a bit while cooking. I use a tiny spray of olive oil (I have one of those Misto spray bottles). I know that isn't 100% on plan but it works for me. Then I sprinkle with some salt, pepper and garlic powder but you can use any spices you like, a lot of people like to use curry powder.
Thank's April Snow, will give it a try ..... I use coconut oil in my stir fries, I know it's not 100% allowed either but it does have some other health benefits going for it and it does taste good!!!
Allimac1 is offline   Reply With Quote