Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 08:23 AM   #256  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnuts View Post
Is anyone using all bran on this diet? I know it's on the belly bad side but I really need to eat this for the fiber. I haven't even checked the carb count but it seems to me I saw it pictured as a "bad" food. I think I'm struggling with cereals that won't use up a ton of sugar and carbs when the milk is added. I also use calorie countdown milk to lower the counts.
For my fiber I have been taking psyllium husk caplets. I can't stomach the liquid but I can take the pills. WOW, will that stuff clean you out! I too struggle with cereal as it was my breakfast staple and I can't bring myself to do eggs every day - yuck! I am going to try the coconut milk this weekend and have some Cheerios with Splenda.

Good luck!
Old 03-05-2010, 09:20 AM   #257  

Default Weightloss Down 33.5 pounds in 8 Weeks

I am pleased to announce that I am now in week 8 and down 33.5 pounds. I am on my cycle so I expect this number to drop more after it is over.

After reading the posts and reading people's various successes, stall and challenges; I just have to say that ANY diet can become a "FAD" or "UNSUCCESSFUL" if your approach is to "just lose weight" and not make any permanent lifestyle changes. BFC is no different. It is what you can "live with" to achieve long term weightloss.

3 of us, my "girls" and I have all lost about the same amount of weight in the same amount of time. One is doing Skinny Switch and the other is doing Weight Watchers. All of us have tried at least two of these "diets" and found one that worked for us. WWs NEVER worked for me but Cynthia is doing great on it as she finds the points system "her thing"! She has lost 22 pounds in 8 weeks and looks fabulous and feels fabulous and yes, she exercises to "earn more points" so she can eat more! *lol*

My friend, Monica, she is doing Skinny Switch and she loves it. She has lost 20 pounds and it works for her. She does Curves as well.

We are three different individuals with 3 different approaches who have found diets that work for us. The funny thing is we hardly ever discuss food because our approaches are so different. This has not happened before..It used to be an obsession, now that we are comfortable with our "ways of eating", in other words, the "diet" that CLICKED for us. We spend time talking about other things like working out and giving each other tips.

I guess I am saying that No matter what diet you choose, choose the one that is right for you and give yourself a time limit as to when to "throw in the towel" and say, "Maybe there is something that is a better fit for me?"

For me, Sugar is just not a big deal. I don't miss it on any level. I am not a Pasta eater for the most part and over the weekend I had Indian food with Basmati rice and I realized that I have never really liked rice. Since I have a food allergy to soy, I gave up Chinese food about 8 months ago. Again, POTATOES are my CARB of CHOICE! LOV EM and I eat them everyday! I have all kinds of sweets in my house and my daughter and husband love ice cream, cookies, chocolate, cereal, sherbet and candy. I just have not been a sweets junkie. My weight came from eating TOO MANY potatoes and drinking WAYYYYY too much milk and eating "healthy bread" that I now know was not soo healthy. So, after 8 weeks on this diet, I know why it has been successful for me.

If you are a person who loves sweets, sugar, pasta more than protein. I would say that it would be hard to maintain the BFC lifestyle. I never think about food since I have been on this program and I literally have to force myself to eat because I have no hunger. I go anywhere and can find something to eat. I only weigh once a week at the same time in the same clothes.

I have been on diets for a good portion of my adult life and I know what works for me. I think honesty and introspection about any diet program for long term weightloss is what will allow you to be successful whether it is Belly Fat Cure or some other plan. I learned some cool stuff from the "Food Lovers Plan" when I did that for a "hot minute" and I try to make sure my BFC meals are balanced in the way that Food lovers taught me.

Also, I cannot stress enough how exercise is important in any diet program that you do. It does not have to be high impact or crazy. It just has to be consistent.

Good luck to all!
Old 03-05-2010, 01:04 PM   #258  
Fighting the Good Fight

Height: 5'1"

OK. Now I have the book and pretty much devoured it last night. I think the hard part for me will be the lack of fruit and finding all that fiber. I know that if I don't make sure of the fiber I'll be in trouble real fast!

When I looked at the "No Excuses" plan I wondered where he got his fiber from--it must be he uses the super high fiber breads he recommends, otherwise I don't see how you'd get 25gm of fiber from the menu!

Tomorrow we make an outing to the health food store and will get some of the odds and ends that aren't laying around the house.

I've spent the last couple days reducing my obvious sugar intake to zero. There are several bowls of miniature candy bars all over the suite I work in and it has been hard. But I SO want to give this an all-out try! After all the work I've put in to lose what I have so far, I am so upset to still have this fat around my middle!

So--have a great day and may your S/C count be within limits!

Spank
Old 03-05-2010, 10:44 PM   #259  

What do you all think about Wheat Bran. I add it to my protein shake in the morning its 6grams per serving (1/4 cup) Good boost to get your fiber intake start for the morning. At least that is what I have been doing. The one I have does not contain and sugar.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:40 PM   #260  

S/C/G: Before:201 Now:178 Goal: 150

Height: 5'1

Thanks, Toddswife!

I lost 1 pound this week- but if I'm being honest with myself, I didn't count as closely as I could have and I got no exercise other than the normal walking to class and to the train station, so it was my fault this week--

BUT, I'm happy with a pound, and big NSV- I'm wearing a pair of size 12 pants today! Not every size 12 fits, but it used to be that NONE did, so I'm happy to have a couple 12's mixed in with my loose fitting 14s now!

I'm off to disney for the week everyone! Well, I leave early early on sunday, so I might be on before then-- the animal kingdom resort I'm at has a gym included- my goal is to come back 189 or lower! Fingers crossed!

Have a great week everyone!
Old 03-06-2010, 01:08 PM   #261  

S/C/G: 219/172/160

Height: 5' 4"

Spanky,
Try psyllium husks for your fiber. See page 101 of his book. It adds 8-10 grams of fiber or you can use less psyllium if you don't need that much.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:15 AM   #262  

S/C/G: sw/400 rsw270 cw 265.4 gw177

Height: 5'7

Hi, I am just starting the belly fat cure...I bought the book today but have been researching the web all week...after seeing so many of you have great success I am finally ready to start. My one fear is that I have very little patience and seeing u can lose 4-9lbs a week I am counting on that. Although I know realisticly 2lbs is healthy. So anyway Ill never know if I can succeed Unless I begin so tomorrow is my day...However I feel like I got more knowledge on the web than in his book and already read the first 4chapters on here. I would appreciate any advice or tips to use this plan to my advantage...thnx
Old 03-07-2010, 04:12 PM   #263  

Default almond milk

I just tried the unsweetned almond milk in my cereal today. It was great. I think anyone on the BFC should use this. Hope you can find it in your local supermarket, I know not all stores carry it.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:07 PM   #264  

S/C/G: 264/222/164

Height: 5'6

Almond Milk. The unsweetened kind is not the "milk" section at most stores. It's on the shelf in/near the "natrual" food section.

The Promise of 4-9 pounds is a nice one to think about...but if you think about 1-3 pounds a week...3 being generous, you'll be more easily satisfied. Over all my sugar is not crashing int he middle of the day. I am not feeling light headed and nauseaus. That's what I am taking away from this BFC so far. That and I feel happier some how.

Good luck to every starting out this week!
Old 03-08-2010, 02:34 PM   #265  
Kwalton

S/C/G: 172/172/160

Height: 5'8"

Default I'm on the BFC and love it/Post your daily meals!

I have been messing around with the belly fat cure diet for a couple weeks now. I have approximately 10-15 pounds to lose and be happy. This way of eating seems very easy to follow for me. I may slip up and have a bit more carbs on the weekend that I should but that is due to my busy social life and never really staying home at all. I still seem to lose a pound or so each week even if I do mess up on the weekends. I figure if I can be very good during the week for 5 days then I am doing 2/3rd of the week correctly. My goal is to try to stick to the plan better over the next month and see what I can do.

I am also reading up and watching You Tube videos on Jorge's other programs. I am very interested in trying the 12 second sequence exercise program. It seems you do very set exercises for a short period of time and your muscles really get a workout because of it. He demonstrates some of the exercises on You Tube. Check it out.

I would like to propose that we each post some of our favorite daily meals and snacks. For instance I will post what I typically eat in a day or post each day that way people can take it and use it. I will also post the S/C value of the meal or day.

Here goes, I would love to see what you eat each day too.

Monday March 8th:

Wake up: Protein Shake with Almond Milk 2/0

Snack at 10 am: mix 2 whole eggs, cheese and sausage in a Ziploc steam bag and microwave for 2 minutes (great omlette) 0/0

Lunch: Steak Wrap on flatbread 0/2
Steak 0/0
Flatbread 0/2
Mayo 0/0
Mustard 0/0

Snack: deli meat and cheese 0/0
2 slices of cheddar or pepperjack cheese 0/0
1 serving of deli ham, turkey or roast beef 0/0

Dinner: chicken breast, baked potato, sour cream, mixed salad
chicken breast with Mrs. Dash 0/0
Baked Potato 1.5/2
sour cream 0/0
lettuce, shredded cheese, mushrooms 0/0
home made dressing (red wine vinegar, dijon mustard, mrs. dash, olive oil) 0/0

This gives me a total of:

3.5/4

so if I have a sweet tooth or want a snack before bed I will have a protein shake or peanut butter toast or something. The protein shake is a 2/0 so I am still at: 5.5/4 for the day.

How about everyone else?
Old 03-11-2010, 12:43 AM   #266  

S/C/G: 195/183/135

Height: 5 ft 5

Default cobb salad

anyone tell me why the count is 2/2. Is it just the dressing? Eggs, cheese, chicken, ham,(no carbs) lettuce (has some sugar but no carbs,) cucumbers - maybe 1 for sugar, left off the avocado

I don't get it.

Cindy
Old 03-12-2010, 09:00 AM   #267  

Default shake

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwalton View Post
I have been messing around with the belly fat cure diet for a couple weeks now. I have approximately 10-15 pounds to lose and be happy. This way of eating seems very easy to follow for me. I may slip up and have a bit more carbs on the weekend that I should but that is due to my busy social life and never really staying home at all. I still seem to lose a pound or so each week even if I do mess up on the weekends. I figure if I can be very good during the week for 5 days then I am doing 2/3rd of the week correctly. My goal is to try to stick to the plan better over the next month and see what I can do.

I am also reading up and watching You Tube videos on Jorge's other programs. I am very interested in trying the 12 second sequence exercise program. It seems you do very set exercises for a short period of time and your muscles really get a workout because of it. He demonstrates some of the exercises on You Tube. Check it out.

I would like to propose that we each post some of our favorite daily meals and snacks. For instance I will post what I typically eat in a day or post each day that way people can take it and use it. I will also post the S/C value of the meal or day.

Here goes, I would love to see what you eat each day too.

Monday March 8th:

Wake up: Protein Shake with Almond Milk 2/0

Snack at 10 am: mix 2 whole eggs, cheese and sausage in a Ziploc steam bag and microwave for 2 minutes (great omlette) 0/0

Lunch: Steak Wrap on flatbread 0/2
Steak 0/0
Flatbread 0/2
Mayo 0/0
Mustard 0/0

Snack: deli meat and cheese 0/0
2 slices of cheddar or pepperjack cheese 0/0
1 serving of deli ham, turkey or roast beef 0/0

Dinner: chicken breast, baked potato, sour cream, mixed salad
chicken breast with Mrs. Dash 0/0
Baked Potato 1.5/2
sour cream 0/0
lettuce, shredded cheese, mushrooms 0/0
home made dressing (red wine vinegar, dijon mustard, mrs. dash, olive oil) 0/0

This gives me a total of:

3.5/4

so if I have a sweet tooth or want a snack before bed I will have a protein shake or peanut butter toast or something. The protein shake is a 2/0 so I am still at: 5.5/4 for the day.

How about everyone else?
Can you use the shake for a meal replacement like having it for breakfast or will you feel hungry for a snack before lunch?
Old 03-12-2010, 10:03 PM   #268  

Default Hi, I'm starting the BFC tomorrow

I really had never heard of this program...or Jorge before two days ago. I was reading a Yahoo or MSN article about hidden belly fat and somehow wound up until 3 a.m. watching videos and reading everything I could find about this.

About a year and a half ago I was involved in a high speed auto accident (I wasn't at fault) and am still in physical therapy. Before that happened, my excess weight was just not particularly attractive. Now it's absolutely imperative that I deal with it. If I want to live a normal, as pain free as possible life, I don't have any choice but to take the weight off and continue an exercise program....permanently.

Given the way things have gone, it's been hard to count on exercise to help drop any pounds. Although when I first started therapy all I was able to handle on the treadmill was .4 mph for about 5 minutes (and it was hard!). Now I'm up to between 1.2 and 1.6 mph for up to 30 minutes. So it's better but not good.

I'm rambling. I'm sorry. I just wanted to explain a little about my situation and say how excited I am to have discovered this book and this message board. All of you are what helped me decide to give this a try.

For now I'm just going to set a 20 pound goal...and try to add one of those tickers some of you have. Those are cute and I can use all the motivation I can find.

I do have some questions though, if that's okay.

First, I noticed in the book that pictures of the people who had fairly big bellies reported weight losses of 20 pounds or less (I'm only a couple of chapters in since I just got the book this evening). The main thing I wonder about is that they seem to have significantly smaller hips and thighs, too. So my question about that is this...is that similar to what all of you are seeing, too?

Which leads me to what I really want to know the most...DO you lose everywhere...or just in the stomach area? Because I could stand to lose elsewhere, too.

Also, are any of you counting calories? Maybe it's just because that's the way it's always been, I can't help but be concerned that with meats and cheese and real butter, calorie totals could shoot through the roof, even being careful of what you're eating. I'm just afraid that it could really slow the weight loss.

Thank you for bearing with me on this. This is quite different from any 'diet' I've ever tried. But I'm still excited!
Old 03-17-2010, 09:54 PM   #269  

S/C/G: 264/222/164

Height: 5'6

In January, I cut sugar on my own and shifted my calories throughout the week from 1200 to 1400 to 1600 back to 12 hundred and etc. Between Jan 11 and the end of Feb. I lost 20 pounds! (woohoo!)
Then I got greedy and excited about The Belly Fat Cure. When I started I weighed 246...two weeks later I had goned down to 244 but ended back at 245. I was dedicated. Counted every morsel with the 15/6 count. Journaled it with with 15 circles and 6 squares on a pocket planner, and marked off accordingly as I ate...for nothing...

Last week, I went back to "my way" and I have already lost 2.4 pounds.

Find what works for you and stick with it, that's my advice...

Last edited by MickiWishes; 03-17-2010 at 09:57 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-18-2010, 11:38 AM   #270  

S/C/G: 219/172/160

Height: 5' 4"

Excellent advice Micki! I am counting sugar grams and calories and it is working for me. What I got from The Belly Fat Cure and Metabolic Research Center, which is where I started, is to keep the food as natural as possible, the less ingredients in a product the better. Also, protein at every meal or snack improves my weight loss and keeps you from getting hungry. It is amazing how much sugar is in everything!
Closed Thread