Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 03:58 PM   #391  

S/C/G: 170/163/145

Height: 5'8 1/2"

I would LOVE a menu thread!! Keep me posted!
Old 07-07-2010, 04:08 PM   #392  

S/C/G: 158/155/125

Height: 5' 3.5"

Here is what I am making for dinner.

Zucchini Soup (4 to 6 serving)

2 lb. sliced zucchini 16g S/31g C
1 md. onion, chopped 5g S/11g C
4 tbsp. butter 0/0
2 c. chopped or diced chicken breast 0/0
6 c. water 0/0
2 tsp. salt 0/0
1 tsp. dried basil leaves 0/0
1/4 tsp. pepper 0/0
total: 21g S/42g C

Cover and microwave zucchini, onion, and butter until vegetables are tender, 9 to 11 minutes.

Place chicken, 4 cup of the water and the zucchini mixture in blender and blend until smooth, about 1 minute.

Now stir in remaining 2 cups of water, the salt, basil and pepper. Cover and microwave until hot and bubbly, 8 to 10 minutes.

Then refrigerate and serve cold.

Last edited by rachelearth; 07-07-2010 at 04:11 PM.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:00 PM   #393  

I just came across BFC Product & Recipes blog. Here is the address
bfcpr.blogspot.com
Old 07-08-2010, 07:40 AM   #394  
Kerri

S/C/G: 222/204/146

Height: 5"3"

Well today is day 6 for me and I am up 1#...Not sure if I should keep going or not...I think I may start watching calories..or cut the fat ...Then I will be right back to the same old same old....darn , I was so excited this looked so good...I guess what they say is true, if it looks to good to be true it is to good to be true....
Old 07-08-2010, 07:55 AM   #395  

Good morning Kerri.

Please don’t be discouraged, our weight fluctuates.

I was rereading Amber’s blog (meandjorge.com) yesterday and in the third week weigh-in where she had lost only 1 pound after 2 weeks of 3 pounds loss she says "So even though my loss was less than stellar this week, in fact it down right sucked, I still feel GOOD. And I now know feeling good is going to take me to the end and keep me from making poor choices. Those 40lbs do not belong to me any longer and they are going to melt right off and I will not put them back on." I was trying to believe the same thing that the 33 pounds have to lose does not belong to me anymore, in my mind I have already lost them, now I just have to be patient so that my body catches up. I have to keep myself happy and relaxed so that I could continue making the right choices to see the improvements that I was to see at the end of the line.

If I may give you an advice, do not change a thing, just be patient a while longer, you are going to see the result you want to see.

Have a great day and good luck to all of us.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:49 AM   #396  

Good morning.
I guess no one is here today!
I maintained my weight today.
Went for a 2 mile walk yesterday. It was great, even though it was a bit too warm.
Amber (meandjorge.com) has posted a recipe for Quesadillas on her blog(meandjorge.com/2010/07/belly-fat-cure-quesadillas.html). It sounds delicious. I am thinking of trying it this weekend.
Have a great weekend everyone.
My first week is almost over. Looking forward to Monday weigh-in.
Old 07-09-2010, 02:46 PM   #397  
Keto lady

S/C/G: 206/190/Under 140

Height: 5'5"

Good job Rachel! Amber's blog is pretty great, isn't it? I'm glad you've stuck with the plan for a week-- it's not too hard and don't you feel great? What an accomplishment.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Oh yeah, my favorite 'find' this week that is BFC friendly is Finn Crisps which are rye crisp crackers and I found them at my Whole Foods in Chicago's South Loop. REALLY good with whipped cream cheese. Enjoy!
Old 07-11-2010, 08:50 AM   #398  

Good morning.
Txalupa I love Amber's blog. She is great. Also now that she is having a July Challenge and is trying to lose a bit more, it is very motivating for me.
So week one is almost done and so far so great.
How long have you been BFCing? Thank you for great tip.
Have a great Sunday.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:32 PM   #399  
Keto lady

S/C/G: 206/190/Under 140

Height: 5'5"

I have been on BFC since March 1, 2010. I've seen great results and I always get asked what I'm doing (lots of my friends do Weight Watchers). They have a hard time imagining getting rid of sugar!

i've found that this is a plan I can live with, and that sugar was SUCH a poison to me.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:41 AM   #400  

Good morning.

Congratulation Txalupa you have done an amazing job of losing over 30 pounds in 4 month. Way to go. I hope that I can copy your success.

Today I stayed the same as yesterday for the total loss of 3.4 pounds in week 1. The first three days I lost 3 pounds and the last 4 0.4. Hopefully my loss would pick up again this week.

Amber posted that she made zucchini patties and pizza crust with cauliflower. She has not posted her recipes but I looked up them up elsewhere and they sound delicious. I am going to give them try in the coming weeks.

Have a great and successful week everyone.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:49 PM   #401  

S/C/G: 314/214/193

Height: 5'9"

Smile Mind if I join in?

Hi, I've been reading with great interest Jorge Cruise's BFC, and I was happy to find this group! Mind if I join you all?
Old 07-12-2010, 03:25 PM   #402  

Hello Liguori. Welcome.

Have you read Amber’s blog (meandjorge.com)? That is how I got interested in BFC. She has lost 50 pounds so far. Anyhow, she has posted wealth of information on her blog. Her blog is very motivating.

Also she just posted a link to the recipe for the cauliflower pizza crust
examiner.com/x-355-Low-Carb-Examiner~y2008m6d4-Cauliflower-Pizza-Crust-Worth-its-Wow-in-Gold

If you want to know how to make rice cauliflower checkout this blog
http://www.diaryofamodernmatriarch.c...zza-crust.html

There are actually varieties of this recipe around on the web. Some decided to add coconut flour, some have added almond meal flour, and some added flax meal. I think I am going to add a bit of flax meal for fiber. The people who had added coconut or almond reported that the pizza felt very dry.

Anyhow, I am going to give this a try either Friday or on the Weekend, hopefully it would be good.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:50 PM   #403  

S/C/G: 171/154/149

Height: 5'7"

Default Weigh-in

Hi everyone and welcome Liguori,
I'm checking in today and am happy to report that I'm down another pound. I have less than 10 pounds to lose in order to hit my target weight, which makes me very happy. I'm still amazed that this "diet" works.

I am also a big fan of Amber's site and I doubt I'd be as motivated if I didn't have her as a role model. I'm heading to Costco tomorrow and will pick up a rotisserie chicken to use when I try her quesadilla recipe. I love finding recipes that use the rotisserie chicken because it's so easy and cheap.

Hope everyone has a great week!
Old 07-12-2010, 04:47 PM   #404  

I hope you are all doing great. I had a not-so-great weekend and now I'm back on the wagon, ready to move forward.
And welcome to the new folks!
Old 07-12-2010, 04:59 PM   #405  

S/C/G: 174/172/130

Height: 5'3"

Hello all,

My girlfriend called me one morning and told me that I had to check out this diet. That was 2 weeks ago and I found this website last week. I first tried to do the plan during the 4th of July weekend and that was a no go. Then last week while my period was on - again no go. In the last 2 weeks I have probably eaten the correct S/C values 2-3 times. My problem is wine. I even found the Kendall Jackson but I guess drinking the whole bottle ruins the whole day. Besides that, I find it a little difficult to keep meals creative. I will check out the jorgeandme blog for some ideas.

So, today I started fresh. I ate 17g of sugar (a little disappointed) and only 3 servings of carbs so far. I can eat one last meal without sugar.

That's it for now. Thanks for posting and keeping me motivated.
Closed Thread