Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 04:30 PM   #331  

S/C/G: 233/220/175

Height: 5'10"

Hi all! I am new to this diet and forum - have a friend that has had fantastic results and I am ready to find the skinny me! Just started today - so looking forward to hearing your secrets and sharing our successes.
Old 05-30-2010, 02:11 PM   #332  

S/C/G: 199/186/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Guacamole

I do semi-homemade guacamole; I use a package of Wholly Gaucamole and then mash 2-3 avacodes and add to make it chunky; I also add 2-3 tablespoons of salsa for added spice. I did pretty well yesterday; I did gain 1/2 pound but hope it's water as in addition to the BBQ, we went to a dance last night so had way too many Crown and Diet Cokes; but a good time was had by all!! lol
Old 05-31-2010, 03:40 AM   #333  

S/C/G: 171/154/149

Height: 5'7"

countrycowgirl:Sounds like the 1/2 pound was worth it in fun!

Welcome, bowman97!
Old 06-02-2010, 12:55 PM   #334  

Hello to all,
Just a little intro to me. I found this site by googling BFC. I'm 36 years old, mom of 3 ages 14, 8, and 1. I have been following the BFC for 16 days now with my only "cheat" being BBQ sauce on chicken that my husband made over the weekend. My daughter (age 14) is following the BFC, too, and has lost about 8 lbs, even while "cheating". I do not know if it is as simple as she was consuming more carbs to begin with and now they are greatly reduced, but it's frustrating to me. I've lost about 5 lbs, but then in the past two days I'm up two.
Does anyone have ideas for me?
I have been successful with Atkins in the past -- but fell off the wagon when my mother became ill and passed away. I became pregnant two weeks after her funeral and then was gestational diabetic all through my pregnancy. I do not have diabetes now, but I am a total sugar addict and my system is very sensitive to sugar, wheat, and potatoes.
I am all about whole food and not using "fake" sweets. Sugar-free treats and sweets -- Atkins bars or sugar-free chocolate, etc -- make me feel horrible and just make the sugar cravings worse. I am currently trying to wean myself off of caffeinated diet Coke, and eventually eliminate the soda all together. One baby step at a time...
I would love to know your favorite BFC recipe! I love to cook and bake (though I haven't done any baking since starting BFC because I do not want the temptation of diving into a plate of cookies).
Have a great day!
CS
Old 06-02-2010, 11:33 PM   #335  

S/C/G: 233/220/175

Height: 5'10"

Anyone try the Biggest Loser Whey Protein? I ordered some online today. Trying to find ways to fit in more fiber... Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated. Cannot believe after only a few days I have lost all sugar & snack cravings. I think this might just work!
Old 06-03-2010, 10:44 PM   #336  

Here are a couple more suggestions for satisfying your sweet tooth:

For those of you who just can't get into the dark chocolate, here is an alternative. Trader Joes has French Truffles that are awesome. Look for the red box. These are, no kidding, like eating chocolate flavored butter. I absolutely love them. If you eat them one at a time instead of five per serving like the box recommends, they are 3 grams of sugar and 3 grams of carbs each.

I have found the Sobe Lifewater at Target for $1.29 per bottle, but lately they have had it for $1 per bottle, which is the same as the WalMart price. Costco has it by the case, but only in three flavors, one of which I don't care for. Target has more flavor options than WalMart. My favorite is the Black and Blueberry. Just remember, each bottle is 2 1/2 servings, so if you drink the entire bottle, it's 15 grams of carbs per bottle.

I have been eating pistachios for a snack. They slow me down a little because you have to go to the work of shelling them. Slightly more sugar than almonds, but I hardly ever exceed my sugar grams, so that's OK.

One more thing-- this morning for breakfast I had the Lovely Layered Parfait, page 69 in the Belly Fat Cure book, and it was so good it was like eating dessert. I used blackberries and the Nature's Hollow SF strawberry preserves. It felt positively indulgent!

Thanks for all the tips and encouragement! My pants are getting looser, and I love it!
Old 06-03-2010, 10:57 PM   #337  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutesmile View Post
Hello to all,
Just a little intro to me. I found this site by googling BFC. I'm 36 years old, mom of 3 ages 14, 8, and 1. I have been following the BFC for 16 days now with my only "cheat" being BBQ sauce on chicken that my husband made over the weekend. My daughter (age 14) is following the BFC, too, and has lost about 8 lbs, even while "cheating". I do not know if it is as simple as she was consuming more carbs to begin with and now they are greatly reduced, but it's frustrating to me. I've lost about 5 lbs, but then in the past two days I'm up two.
Does anyone have ideas for me?
I have been successful with Atkins in the past -- but fell off the wagon when my mother became ill and passed away. I became pregnant two weeks after her funeral and then was gestational diabetic all through my pregnancy. I do not have diabetes now, but I am a total sugar addict and my system is very sensitive to sugar, wheat, and potatoes.
I am all about whole food and not using "fake" sweets. Sugar-free treats and sweets -- Atkins bars or sugar-free chocolate, etc -- make me feel horrible and just make the sugar cravings worse. I am currently trying to wean myself off of caffeinated diet Coke, and eventually eliminate the soda all together. One baby step at a time...
I would love to know your favorite BFC recipe! I love to cook and bake (though I haven't done any baking since starting BFC because I do not want the temptation of diving into a plate of cookies).
Have a great day!
CS
Cutesmile,
I, too, had a serious addiction to caffeinated Diet Coke, usually drinking at least one each day. I also had a strong adversion to drinking plain water. However, I'm about four weeks into this, and I think I've only had three Diet Cokes in that time-- usually when there was no other no-cal alternative available.
I bought a couple of six-packs of the Zevia sodas to drink as an alternative.
I like the Black Cherry and Ginger Ale flavors the best. They are more expensive than traditional sodas, but they helped me deal with my cravings. Now, four weeks later, I no longer crave carbonated beverages, which came as a total surprise. I am drinking iced tea with lemon and Truvia, Sobe Lifewater, or plain water. If you had told me six months ago that I would be off Diet Coke to this extent, I never would have believed it!
The primary beneficial side effect I have noticed is that my sinus issues (I live in an area with lots of airborne pollutants) are much improved. I had no idea that sugar and traditional sugar substitutes were contributing to my need for a box of Kleenex in every room in the house. I'm not 100% well, but this is a step in the right direction! I hope this is encouraging to you!
Old 06-05-2010, 12:57 PM   #338  

Thumbs down Update

First, welcome cutesmile. Hang in there, if you are like me, you will bounce around depending on your water retention and your "other elimination". Getting enough fiber is the key. I am in my 3rd week and haven't seen the scale go down for the last week. My initial loss was 4.4 pounds, I have gained .8 lbs back and can't seem to shake them. I have however, lost an inch in my waist and my shorts and capris are looser. I stay well below my carb number and usually 2-3 grams below my sugar allowance. I firmly believe it has to do with my fiber intake. I have added a higher fiber count bread for morning toast and take 1 tsp of Benefiber and 1/2 teaspoon of psyllium each morning. Starting Monday, I'm going to double both of these amounts. I do find that when I eat beef, I seem to gain, so next week will try to eliminate it and see if that helps with loosing. Everyone have a good BFC weekend. Here is you daily allowance of Will Power!!
Old 06-06-2010, 02:25 AM   #339  

S/C/G: 189/188/165.....165/165/155

Height: 5'5.5"

This excites me some! Though the idea of one desert isn't all that appealing, I'm going to shop for foods to see how easy it is to get through the week.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:19 PM   #340  

Thanks for the replies.

I had a weekend where I was feeling hungry all the time. I'm convinced it was having "just a bite" of a brownie. I have been retaining water again the past few days so it's not a surprise to me that my weight went up. (It had gone down 2 lbs since I posted) I am hyper-sensitive to sugar. I need to accept this fact! I also cannot eat pasta. I should have learned this when actively using the Atkins plan, as I had the Dreamfield's low-carb pasta and while it tasted FAB it was just like dumping sugar into my veins! LOL

I am slowly weaning myself off the diet Coke. I give myself some in the morning, then it's caffeine free for the afternoon, and water in the evening and night.

We've also been going to the swimming pool every other day which has made an impact on my weight, too. It supposed to be about 110' today, though, so I don't know if I can brave it! Maybe late in the afternoon when the sun's rays are not as direct.

I am going in search of a LC BBQ sauce recipe. I hope you all have a great day!
CS
Old 06-08-2010, 02:31 AM   #341  

S/C/G: 171/154/149

Height: 5'7"

So it's week 4 for me. I only lost a pound during week 3. I'm trying not to be disappointed with that, because a loss is a loss. I had a friend hit Trader Joe's for me this past weekend when he traveled to California (we don't have one where I live) and I got a lot of good stuff. I wanted bread, but there wasn't any room. I was able to find the Smart and Delicious toritillas with 12g of fiber and one serving of carbs at my local Safeway, so I think that will be a staple in the house. I just wish they were a little cheaper or available in bulk at Costco or Sam's.

We had a family dinner last night and I couldn't believe it when I was able to just stick with a tiny serving of lasagna, load up on salad, and skip dessert and opt for a glass of chocolate almond milk. I think my family thought I was crazy, but I might have mentioned before that no one in my family has ever had to really diet except me.

This week my goal is to get at least one walk in.

Hope we all have an awesome week!
Old 06-08-2010, 01:41 PM   #342  

Unhappy Still holding!

Good Morning Ladies,

Wanted to share a chicken recipe I copied from the Atkins forum: Chicken breaded with Parmeasan Cheese, wow was it ever good. I dipped chicken breasts in 2 eggs beaten with about 2 tablespoons of heavy cream and then in grated parmeasan cheese. Fried in about 1/4 inch of oil, drained and enjoyed with steamed broccoli covered with cheddar cheese. Good stuff. Thanks Atkins forum. Also cutesmile, you were looking for a LC BBQ sauce, found a recipe at this site (add www to address) lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/saucesandmarinades/r/nosugarbbqsauce.htm I haven't tried it personally, but the reviews were really good on it. Ya'll have a great dieting day.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:17 AM   #343  

Smile going to give this a try!

Hello, This is not my first time to try low carb. I have done atkins in the past and lost weight on it, but more inches than scale weight. I switched to counting calories and finally fell of the diet wagon altogether. LOL! Gained a lot of weight

My daughter sent me the info on belly fat plan. She and my grand daughter are doing this plan and they love it, so here goes again! I haven't bought the book yet, but I have the one week over 40 sheet to go by.

I see a lot of you mentioning eating things like potatoes? Is that allowed on this program? I have got to get my hands on that book. LOL! It pays to know what one is doing right?

I hope this is an active thread on the forum. I need all the support I can get. AND yes girls age (being older) does make it harder to lose. I am hopeful that I can at least lose some of ths stomach!

I willbe
Old 06-10-2010, 09:42 AM   #344  

I wanted to post an update on me. I broke through a zero! You know that feeling of being stuck in one number and finally you get to the 9 of the next lower? It keeps me motivated!

I have been following the diet plan -- which is very much like Atkins for me -- and it's been successful this week.

I don't know if everyone has "Nature's Own" brand of bread in their local stores, but the 100% whole wheat has 10g carb, 2 g fiber, 1 g sugar per slice, no high fructose corn syrup, and it's not as "wheaty" as some other breads. My teenage daughter doesn't like it to be grainy or "wheaty" so it works for her. AND it was on sale here for $1.69 at Albertson's. For me, if I'm going to have a diet plan that is truly a lifestyle change, the components have to be in my budget. That is why I never bothered with WW or the pre-packaged meal diets. I did not want to buy expensive stuff. Also, I prefer to make my own meals at home, anyway.

I hope you're all having a good week!
CS
198/189/150
Old 06-12-2010, 07:43 AM   #345  

Smile Just curious

Is anyone still doing this plan? It seems very deserted in here.

cutesmile, we may be the only two doing this now.
I like the natures own sugar free bread. Not sure if that is the one you are referring to. I just wish it were thinner and less calories.

Just thought I would check in and see if anyone was still doing the Jorge Cruise plan.
Closed Thread