Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 10:08 PM   #16  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Suite Your advice to Maddie is right on! You just have to stick with it and it sounds like you're taking your own advice.

Misery You may already know the answer to your question by now, but the way I understand it, if you're not lifetime you have to pay for the meeting you missed, there is a number of meetings you have to miss in a row then you have to re-register. You and your DH are in my thoughts and prayers.

I've gotten myself back on track, only have to make one more day before WI and I think I'll have a loss, I went up on my second WI this year, so I'm saying stick with it if you don't see that loss and it will come the next week.

I remember years ago when my Mom and I went, she would always go up the 4th or 5th week then lose the other weeks, she just kept looking at the big picture and saying I'm down overall.

Best to all!
Old 01-20-2008, 10:23 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 218/215/180

Height: 5'6"

Thank you suitejudyblueeyes for your reply.
I haven't giving up..... I am so determent this time!!! I just went over the last 3 weeks on my journal to see if maybe I was doing something wrong...
Maybe a few days I didn't drink all my water or all my points so this week I WILL drink my water and USE all my points, and see what happens.
I'll let you know how I do.
Thanks again,
Maddie
Old 01-20-2008, 10:36 PM   #18  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedomreins View Post
My little ticker seems to have disappeared. I didn't remove it from my signature so I'm really confused... I liked seeing my goal laid out like that. Obviously I'll just put a new one in, but does anyone have any idea where it went or how I can stop that from happening in the future?
I went searching, and found out in the announcements area that they had to turn the sig function off until we n00bs have 30 posts or 30 days, due to spammers abusing the sigs...so, soon enough we'll have them back!
Old 01-20-2008, 10:59 PM   #19  
GmaTo8

I'm sorry! I should have seen these questions, and answered before now. But, yep, the spammers are in full force right now, and we're trying to slow them down a bit. Your 30 days/posts will be past before you know it.

Paintfancy - no, I'm not a rep for the scrapbook companies. I'm not nearly good enough for that, but thanks for asking. I like to do pages about the grandkids, or about my DH and me now that's he's retired. We take little weekend jaunts once in awhile, so it's fun to crop those photos.

To those of you that are OP, a big Woohoo for you!

For those that are having trouble staying OP, hang in there, and it will pass.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:30 AM   #20  
The Last 10lbs!

Oh dear! Guess I'd better get posting then! Thanks for letting me know Lizzie I want my ticker back! lol
Old 01-21-2008, 02:36 PM   #21  
Brittani Widman

S/C/G: 218/211/194

Height: 5'1"

Hello all!

I hope your weekend/MLK day is going great and we're all staying on track

I attended a 2-year-old's birthday party this weekend, and needless to say...did not eat what I should have been. Although, there wasn't anything "nutritious" to eat there anyway! But, I have no excuses - I should have came prepared!

But it's okay. Today is a new day and I've stuck to it since I got home. It's just so hard to go out places; I'm not used to making arrangements to eat. It's so easy to stuff my face with whatever. Ahhhh! This is going to take some getting used to and self-discipline. But I can do this... WE can do this! : I go in for my next weigh-in tomorrow; I weighed myself this morning just to see what damage I had done over the weekend, and I didn't gain anything, but didn't lose anything either. Oh well, at least I didn't go up any!

Oh, I made the WW recipe for Baked French Toast this morning... YUM! You don't even need syrup for it. It was good!

Anyway, I'll shut up now.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:03 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hi Everyone,

I've been reading messages here because I wasn't sure I could join as I am doing WW At Home. But then I read where someone else on this group is doing WW At Home too. I have enjoyed reading your posts and I would love to be a part of this group. I will try to do a bios probably tomorrow.

I did WW Flex last year but got off somewhere along the way. I recently did some research on some other ways of eating healthy to lose weight and realized that I needed to do the WW Flex Plan in order to keep my portions correct. So I got back on the Flex Plan Sunday and have had a couple of really great OP days under my belt. Recently started exercising slowly and probably did an overall of about 15 minutes today. I have a knee I injured back in July (twisted it) and had to use a walker a few weeks and then cane for a few weeks. Now I have to exercise it so it won't hurt. So I started using stationary bike first mainly to strengthen the knee and have worked up to 1/2 a mile a day on it hoping to work up to 1 mile a day maybe in February. Today I added more exercises using light weights. I am excited about being back OP and I am really enjoying it this time. I hope I can keep up the motivation or at least get into a habit of doing al this while I am in this frame of mind.

Trish

Last edited by pattygirl63; 01-21-2008 at 10:12 PM.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:02 AM   #23  

Trish- good for you for joining. You will find LOTS of encouragement here!
Old 01-22-2008, 10:19 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 222/ticker/155

Height: 5'7

I need help, I dont know what to do with myself. I just cant stay on track regardless of what I tell myself. Ive gotta get my self going, but I just cant stop being bad, then I feel so guilty and disappointed in myself. Does anyone have any suggestions of what you do to get back on track? Im so ready to get this last 25-30lbs off and it just seems like I cant do it. I keep going up and down between 10lbs. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-22-2008, 11:48 AM   #25  

Hi Anna,

I had that problem recently myself. In fact, a few years ago I lost down to 176 lbs and now I am having to start over. I've gotten close to my goal about 3 times that I can remember and had to start over. I quit twice when I was only 25 lbs from my goal. I have had to step back this time and ask myself why I quit when I got so close to goal. I decided it was my attitude toward myself and resentment that I had to having to diet at all. And also fear of getting to goal and not maintaining. For one thing, I don't think I thought I deserved it and second I didn't think it was fair that other people could eat what they wanted and I couldn't. It came down to making a commitment to be good to myself because I do deserve it and and I need to be good to myself. I'm not saying your siuation is the same as mine. I am saying see if you can figure out what you are feeling and if it has anything to do with what is happening. Just don't beat yourself up. If you have had a slip, don't let it make you feel guilty. If I do that I fall into the mind games of "I blew it so I may as well quit" attitude which means I'm always starting over. Just make your next meal or snack an OP one. That way you may blow it at one meal or snack but not the whole day or week. What I love about WW is their new adds that they are not a diet and diets don't work and they don't tell you what you have to eat or can't eat. It is up to us what we eat within our pts. portions. We do it one day at a time and sometimes one meal or snack at a time. We are learning to eat normal and healthy eating what we want and like.

You are not a failure by any means. Look at what you have accomplished. You have lost 38 lbs thus far and yes you have 25 or 30 lbs to go, but don't look at those lbs as a whole. Maybe that is freaking you out. Perhaps taking them as 5 lb goals at a time would make it easier for you. Just don't start thinking of yourself as a failure. I think you've done great!!! YOU CAN MAKE YOUR GOAL!!!

Tish
Old 01-22-2008, 05:47 PM   #26  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Well said, Trish and welcome.

Anna, Congrats on your success so far, as Trish said maybe look at the why behind the cheating, we sometimes are our own worse saboteurs (however you spell that ) Think how you would feel if someone else was buying you candy, cookies or chips or whatever. Would you tolerate sabotage from someone else?

Another thing you might what to look at is what you are cheating with, are you eating more sugary, salty, whatever, could be something lacking. Have you been always eating the same things? You might just be rebelling against eating one more bowl of oatmeal or something like that. We tend to find our favorites and "eat them to death".

Best of luck to both of you! Keep posting, too, it's hard to eat and type at the same time !
Old 01-22-2008, 08:20 PM   #27  
GmaTo8

I just wanted to pop in and say hello. I've had a busy day, and am just so tired. All I want to do is snuggle on the couch and watch TV, so maybe I'll post more tomorrow.

Have a good one.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:45 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 222/ticker/155

Height: 5'7

Thanks Tish & Kelijpa. Ive been thinking about it and its dinner time in my house Im good all day long at work and then I come home and its over, I will measure my food out then get more, then its on to something sweet. I think I really do need to sit down and figure out why Im over eating.. and im sure some of it does have to do with just being tired of eating the same old things. It looks like its time for me to reach deep inside and figure out what is really going on in my subconscious. I was so proud of myself when I hit a 50lbs loss and yet I turned around and gained some back, but I know you guys are both right, if I slip I just have to start over with the next meal or snack. Thanks Again!!!!!
Old 01-24-2008, 01:03 AM   #29  

Anna

I think you just might be overeating because you are just too tired when you get home. That is a real possibility. Years ago when I was in Overeaters Anonymous we were told "Don't let yourself get too tired because that is when we overeat". I used to do that when I worked out. Hope you can find your solution.

Trish
Old 01-24-2008, 09:39 PM   #30  
GmaTo8

Trish, gee I didn't think of that, but it makes sense. I've been so tired lately, part of it's because I'm pushing myself, but also, I'm on a med that makes me sleepy. Maybe that's part of the reason I'm having a hard time?
Closed Thread