Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 12:47 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 278/185/165

Height: 5'9"

Someone was asking for the "Baked Parmesan Garlic Chicken" recipe I was raving about a few days ago. Well, here it is:

Baked Parmesan Garlic Chicken
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup dry bread crumbs (for MRC use melba)
2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
In a bowl, blend the olive oil and garlic. In a separate bowl, mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, basil, and pepper. Dip each chicken breast in the oil mixture, then in the bread crumb mixture. Arrange the coated chicken breasts in the prepared baking dish, and top with any remaining bread crumb mixture.
Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.

3monkeysmomma: 3 Fat Chicks

Note: I cooked the chicken for 50 minutes, and it was just right.
Old 05-30-2009, 01:02 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/175

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyWallet View Post
I know it is dis-heartening to work so hard and not have your body respond with a loss. The first week was like that for me. What helped was that the counselor ran a tanita on me and told me I WAS losing fat, just water retention was the problem. You may have lost, your body just isn't showing it. Or your body may need time to re-set. (the horrible "plateau") I know I will experience the plateau thing again, and I dread it as I am so happy with the momentum I am picking up....but it happens, it is "normal". So grit your teeth darlin', it will soon be over.

Gummy bears, man I love those! At least they are fat-free! You picked a good treat, in terms of it it probably won't do you much "damage".

Tell then to run a tanita. It helps to see what your body is really doing.

Sending you positive vibes, and support, and hugs.....it will be ok.
I plan on asking for the tnita scale the next time I go in. I know I have to be losing inches, I put too much emphasis on the numbers on the scale, I know I shouldn't. It is just soo frustrating loosing one pound at a time, but at least I am going in the right direction!
Thank you for your support and all of your kind words.
Old 05-30-2009, 01:03 AM   #153  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

"I had a great weigh in today! I signed the 45 pound board with a 2 pound loss. I have been on program 89 days and have lost 45.5 pounds. I had some temptations over Memorial weekend, but my counselor really had me refocus and she wrote on a little sticky note I will lose 1.5 pounds by Friday. Well I thought about that little sticky in my file every day and it worked."

Would you put a little sticky in my file? That's a phenomenal amount of weight to lose in such a short time.

Last edited by Dolly; 05-31-2009 at 08:25 AM.
Old 05-30-2009, 01:06 AM   #154  

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsmama View Post
skinnymom,

I know what you're talking about you do everything like you're supposed to and WHY won't that darn scale reflect your hard work! All I can say is to just try and keep it up and it will pay off soon!
Thank you! I will keep on keepin on, my day will come soon!
Old 05-30-2009, 08:50 AM   #155  

Default Please let's not forget

Several members have commented on previous posts by other members regarding the MRC diet and their challenges with it, eating off plan and cheating, and that they are only cheating themselves by doing so.

Just a friendly reminder to everyone who’s actively participating on the threads and those that silently lurk behind the scenes, but feel just as involved with the group. This is the tread that many go to daily for their support while following this very restrictive diet and to judge another’s choices is not helpful – (even if this wasn’t the intention), god knows being an over weight person we are judged daily by our peers, community and family, lets please keep this in mind. We are all our worst enemy by beating ourselves up. I honor anyone who has made and is making the efforts to improve their health, mind and body using whatever diet program works for them. Being 100% on program is tremendous, however it is not everything to some, some need breaks or as some call it cheats to continue. I do agree we would all lose our weight faster if we follow everything 100%, however it is so much better to follow a program 95% of the time and keep with it and have success; even if the success is 3 months away and not today. This is the real world and learning how to live in the world with an obese society being a thin person takes time, motivation and most of all support for all our efforts. Thank you all for the continue support that you have all provided me as I take on this challenge, have a great weekend.
Old 05-30-2009, 01:32 PM   #156  

S/C/G: 318/ticker/200

Height: 5'7"

What I think is great about the program ... is that even if I go off program ... I go the right way! I don't go ALL the way off the deep end. I still make WAY better choices than I use to. Does that make sense? Anyone else feel the change??

Last night we had only one kid (age 9) in the house (small miracle) so we took her to the Amazing Pizza Machine for dinner and fun. Did I go off program? Yes. But not anywhere NEAR how I use to eat. I had at least half a plate of salad and only two slices of pizza. if any of you have ever been to a pizza buffet, these are not "normal" slices... those 2 slices probably equaled 1 regular small slice--really tiny pices of pizza. And then I did half a baked potato. For the choices I had .... I'm proud of myself for not taking advantage of the "lack" of program food and loading up on pizza, bread sticks and desserts.

Oh and at weigh in this morning ... I had lost 5.5 pounds since Tuesday. I'm over the moon happy about it!!
Old 05-30-2009, 02:18 PM   #157  

S/C/G: 215.5/206.8/145

Height: 5'1"

I have a caffeine question. I know the program says no caffeine - but then they recommended the "all day weight loss" supplement for me - and it is loaded with caffeine for the breakfast dose. Anyone talked to the MRC folks about that? I will ask next time I am in - but it just seemed odd to me.

thanks all!
Old 05-30-2009, 05:22 PM   #158  
266/236/192

S/C/G: 266/236/192

Height: 5'10"

Default I'd like to reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWE140 View Post
Several members have commented on previous posts by other members regarding the MRC diet and their challenges with it, eating off plan and cheating, and that they are only cheating themselves by doing so.

My intent with my posts (as I assume this is directed at me) was to vent my frustrations with people who "brag" about going off plan and then "beating the system", which those type of posts I personally don't find very motivational or supportive.

And the second part of that post was stating that those that share when they do go off plan and their feelings and what happens I do find motivational and supportive.

I am sorry if that distinction was not clearer.

Just a friendly reminder to everyone who’s actively participating on the threads and those that silently lurk behind the scenes, but feel just as involved with the group. This is the tread that many go to daily for their support while following this very restrictive diet and to judge another’s choices is not helpful – (even if this wasn’t the intention), god knows being an over weight person we are judged daily by our peers, community and family, lets please keep this in mind. We are all our worst enemy by beating ourselves up. I honor anyone who has made and is making the efforts to improve their health, mind and body using whatever diet program works for them. Being 100% on program is tremendous, however it is not everything to some, some need breaks or as some call it cheats to continue. I do agree we would all lose our weight faster if we follow everything 100%, however it is so much better to follow a program 95% of the time and keep with it and have success; even if the success is 3 months away and not today.

I would never claim or say that someone has to be 100% all the time. That isn't possible. I am the first to admit that I have gone off plan/cheated (I have posted as such on this forum) and I will more than likely will again.

So I am sorry if me venting my frustrations has offended anyone or hurt anyone's feelings. I actually thought I was being fairly tame considering how some of the feelings and wounds from 22 years of living as an obese person in a thin world these particular posts opened up for me.

It was not my intent to upset anyone. I thought this was somewhere we could express our frustrations and things we find a difficult to deal with.

However, by me expressing my frustrations it is upsetting other, this doesn't seem to be the place I can do that so I will save my frustrations for another forum and only post un-frustrated and supportive posts from now on.

This is the real world and learning how to live in the world with an obese society being a thin person takes time, motivation and most of all support for all our efforts. Thank you all for the continue support that you have all provided me as I take on this challenge, have a great weekend.
Thank you.
Old 05-30-2009, 05:58 PM   #159  
266/236/192

Default Now for something we hope you really like:)

bonus points if you can name where the quote in the title came from.

So anyways... I went for WI this morning and was back down 3.4lbs. So I finally got to sign the 15lb board but was just .9 lbs away from being able to sign the 20lbs board! This week I swear it will happen. I was so excited about the fact I have waved goodbye to not only the 260's but now the 250's, I went on a little shopping trip. I couldn't believe I have also been able to say go by to the 20's! I fit in a size 18 pants and a size 14/16 tops. While I did spend a little bit I didn't spend too much as I don't want to waste too much on "new" clothes that hopefully I will be out of very soon. I know size 18 might not seem like much but I haven't seen the 14/16's and 18's since senior year of highschool... 13 years ago.

Hope everyone is enjoying a lovely weekend.
Old 05-30-2009, 06:26 PM   #160  
266/236/192

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjackson106 View Post
Someone was asking for the "Baked Parmesan Garlic Chicken" recipe I was raving about a few days ago. Well, here it is:

Baked Parmesan Garlic Chicken
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup dry bread crumbs (for MRC use melba)
2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
In a bowl, blend the olive oil and garlic. In a separate bowl, mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, basil, and pepper. Dip each chicken breast in the oil mixture, then in the bread crumb mixture. Arrange the coated chicken breasts in the prepared baking dish, and top with any remaining bread crumb mixture.
Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.

3monkeysmomma: 3 Fat Chicks

Note: I cooked the chicken for 50 minutes, and it was just right.
Thanks for the recipe! Sounds awesome and something I might get fiance to eat.
Old 05-30-2009, 06:39 PM   #161  
266/236/192

Default DOH!!! Jackpot!

I have always tried to not keep clothes that don't fit me, either too big or too small. As I just find it confusing and I am not a morning person so it is too hard on me to have picked something to wear only to only find it doesn't fit then have to change my whole game plan for the day.

Anywho... I bought some new clothes today, see previous post, and one of the things I bought was a shirt that I just knew I had a really cute pair of shoes to go with it. Although I haven't seen them in about 8 months one because we moved and two because my feet got huge during my pregnancy. So when I got home I went looking for the box that might contain them.

Well I found the box, PLUS I found another box of clothes that I had packed away when I was expecting. It was all stuff that I had bought the month before I found out I was pregnant when I had just lost 20lbs.

So not only do I have my new haul from today but I have three times more! While a little embarrassing that I COMPLETELY forgot about approximately $400 in "brand new" clothes I am kind of excited that I found them!

That being said someone is going to have a great haul of free clothes when these are too small in hopefully two months time!

Off to play dress up
Old 05-30-2009, 09:24 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristalin180 View Post
Thank you.

Kristalin....I think you were ok to vent your frustration...and I don't think you were taking it out on any one poster here......we all get frustrated at times, and we are all among friends here, and if we can't let off steam here, then where can we??? Don't worry....I'm sure no one was offended....hang in there girl...you are doing just fine.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:29 PM   #163  

S/C/G: 278/185/165

Thumbs up

Kristalin180, Sounds like you found a "treasure chest"! I, too, have been pleased to find that I can now fit into "XL" in some clothing lines (and will very soon be able to fit into "L" for my tops)! I can't wait to wave goodbye to the women's section forever. I usually shop at Wal-Mart, and although they sometimes have some cute stuff in this section, most of it I wouldn't be caught dead in! (They probably have some skinny buyer that thinks fat women don't have a right to look good! Ha!) I put a container of "skinny clothes" away a few years ago in our basement, and I'm looking forward in a few months to being able to start going through it and begin wearing those clothes again! I hope everyone has a great, OP weekend!-- JJ
Old 05-30-2009, 09:42 PM   #164  
266/236/192

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifties Lady View Post
Kristalin....I think you were ok to vent your frustration...and I don't think you were taking it out on any one poster here......we all get frustrated at times, and we are all among friends here, and if we can't let off steam here, then where can we??? Don't worry....I'm sure no one was offended....hang in there girl...you are doing just fine.
Thanks FL - I can't wait to hear how you do when you start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjackson106 View Post
Kristalin180, Sounds like you found a "treasure chest"! I, too, have been pleased to find that I can now fit into "XL" in some clothing lines (and will very soon be able to fit into "L" for my tops)! I can't wait to wave goodbye to the women's section forever. I usually shop at Wal-Mart, and although they sometimes have some cute stuff in this section, most of it I wouldn't be caught dead in! (They probably have some skinny buyer that thinks fat women don't have a right to look good! Ha!) I put a container of "skinny clothes" away a few years ago in our basement, and I'm looking forward in a few months to being able to start going through it and begin wearing those clothes again! I hope everyone has a great, OP weekend!-- JJ
Hey JJ-

I couldn't believe it. Congrats to you doesn't it feel awesome. And I know what you mean about Wally world. Can't wait to make it to the cute section in Target Hope you get into you box of skinny stuff super soon!

Just got it all unpacked and tore through my closet getting rid of stuff I was holding on to just in case and because I didn't have anything else. Also decided the package of maternity clothes I was hanging on to should go as I will not be that big to start with for the next one

So just spent the last hour taking stock and writing out descriptions to post them on ebay since I didn't have any takers on here yet. Hopefully they will be helpful to someone else. But still have a pile of 22/24's of super good stuff that I am going to post as well, again since I haven't had any takers here, unless someone comes forward wanting them. Most of it is business/dressy stuff. PLEASE let me know if anyone would like them I while I wouldn't mind getting some money off ebay for them I would be happy to help out anyone on here that needs stuff for in between.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:32 AM   #165  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyWallet View Post
Anywhere else is OK. Last time I was there it really was smelly. I have an issue with animals in captivity, and I don't want to go off on a tangent about that, but it hurts my heart. EVEN if they are being preserved and we would never get to see them any other way, it still bothers me. It just bothers me, and haunts my soul for days after.

I am fine with you all considering me a weird chick. So I would prefer somewhere else, but I will go along with the majority decision. I don't have children to bring, but I know most of you do, and they need to be entertained, I understand that.

Elitches? The Water Slide place in Thornton or Broomfield? Pirates Cove in Littleton? Botanic Gardens? City Park? "Renny" Faire? The little Kiddie Ride Place on Sheridan and 44th, I think it is called Lakeside, (with the wooden rollercoaster that needs paint?) Heritage Square in Golden with all the "old time-y shops? Mt. Falcon Park, just outside the city to the west? Red Rocks?

I can keep going here!

Any of those things sound good to me as well. Never been to "Renny Faire" what is that? My kids are still little (2 and 5) so a short morning thing would be great. There is also a small water park in golden by the court house...not that I am eager to get into a swimming suit! lol
I would be okay with a picnic at a park too.
Closed Thread