Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 01:57 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 201/See ticker/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by daugherty1977 View Post
This is my first time to post on here, actually I just joined the web site a few minutes ago. I started MRC on April 20th and then actually began the diet part on 4/25/09. I weighed 321.5 I have always been overweight, never seen a rib in fact!!! Denise you are actually where I am supposed to be come October 249! I guess when I get there I will start a new plan.

Sometimes it is really hard to stay encouraged and stay away from the food that I love!!! About 2 weeks ago I was in the grocery store and saw a stand in the middle of the isle with donuts on it.... I so wanted to just rip one of those open and tear into the powder white donuts.. but a little voice said... You are stronger than this. In doing this diet I have realized that I truely have an unhealthy love affair with food (all of my life). I have let it control me and not the other way around.

When I start getting really negative feelings.. I tell myself I will not be this example to my kids. I will not give up and say that I am not strong enough to control what I put in my mouth! You are all right though, sometimes it is extremely difficult and that little voice is so faint.

You all have done so well though. Even though you have had times of discouragement you have all still managed to truck on. I hope that I will endure and truck on as you have when I am as far along on the program as you guys are.

Hopefully that little voice will get stronger and not weaker
Congratulations on starting this program! I was just talking to one of the counselor's today about how I'm really trying 'not' to look at this as a diet with an end date. I'm having a lot of self talk in my head that I need to learn to be satisfied with healthy foods, not thinking "I can't wait until I can have X food". Otherwise, I'm very afraid as soon as MRC is 'over', I'll just gain it all back...again.

It does get hard when it seems the food choices are limited, but then I tell myself I need to find new ways to prepare it. I didn't have a large variety of foods before this program either...I just liked the taste of the poor choices better!! So, I need to re-train my brain to like healthy foods. It's not easy, and I'm still in the early stages where I haven't gotten that tired of the menu yet. But I'm sure I'll get there, so I'm really trying to be prepared so I don't blow it!

Anyway, I'm so glad you posted and hope you'll continue to be encouraged by the many successful posters here. It's a nice addition between visits to MRC!
Old 05-18-2009, 01:59 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 201/See ticker/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by msim View Post
Hi! Although I have been with MRC since February 2009, I haven't really posted much. At my last weigh in, I was down 39 pounds and 44 inches! I must sign that 40 pound board!
Congratulations on such a great loss, and please post when you sign that 40 pound board! That is such an inspiration to me to hear others succeeding!
Old 05-18-2009, 03:44 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 330/200/185

Height: 5ft 11in

Hello everyone! This is my first time posting although I've been lurking for a week or so. I started MRC mid March and so far am down 25lbs. I did South Beach before that and lost 97lbs but got lazy with it and needed a kick in the butt so I joined MRC. I still have another 30 or so to go before I reach my goal of 175lbs.

It's nice to have a thread with ladies that are in the same boat as I am!
Old 05-18-2009, 04:16 PM   #19  
266/236/192

S/C/G: 266/236/192

Height: 5'10"

Lightbulb Weekly question - Who is (are) the feeders in your life? How are you dealing with th

Hello all the new people. Glad you found us.

Thought I would start a weekly question and see what peoples' responses are.

Who is (are) the feeders in your life? How are you dealing with them on this program?

My biggest feeder is my fiance even though he really doesn't realize he is doing it. He thinks he is being helpful when he offers to order out after a long day. Or wants to just grab a snack from the gas station when we are out and about on weekends, not realizing I have to actually each something that doesn't have a 10 year shelf life! He is OW and I think he is afraid if I lose I will leave him (not a chance). So there is another reason he "feeds".

As the coffee chat lady would say - " Discuss amongst yourselves."
Old 05-18-2009, 07:19 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 229.8/223/175

Height: 5'8"

It is nice to see this topic started. I think those of us over 200 with a lot to lose need this "extra" support. It is nice to read about others who want to eat donuts in the grocery store!! I have been on this program since Jan 20 with a loss of 29 pounds. I feel like it is going to take foreverto get to my goal of 180! I have also run into problems at my center where there are all new staff and everyone gives you a different answer when you ask a question!!

Today when I went for WI,1.5 loss, I was told the reason I am losing so slowly is because I have gone through menopause! So my question is ...are there any others here that have gone through menopause and how has that effected your weight loss?

I am hoping to figure out what is going on but I am hanging in there and continuing on program......my new motto is a small loss is better than NO loss!

Question of the week......right now I am real lucky....no feeders around, even my husband is on a diet so we are doing this together. But all of that will change in a few weeks when we go north for vacation and see our family.....they all LOVE to feed us!! It will be interesting to see how others deal with this!
Old 05-18-2009, 08:49 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

Welcome to the new members and old lurkers! Denise and Janett, you've always inpired me. It makes me feel a little better to read posts from those who have had a few setbacks but don't give up.

I'm a little daunted by the the whole vegetable thing too. I really only like green beans, asparagus, and broccoli and I force myself to eat lettuce. I haven't used the cookbook yet so I think that will give me some variety.

I have to keep telling myself that food isn't going to be my comfort or entertainment anymore. Food is fuel for my body and once I lose a significant amount of weight I'll feel so much better moving through life that those dinner rolls won't even matter.

I know a large part of this is psychological so I keep trying to think of ways to psych myself out of wanting fattening food.

With a lot of weight to lose, I have more time to be on this diet. But others like Meemo have done it. I hope I have her determination.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:43 PM   #22  
Rebecca

S/C/G: 242/229/165

Height: 5'6"

Default grocery store

That is too funny--I was at the grocery store to get the 50 calorie tortillas. They were right next to the dessert cooler (I'll spare you the description of what was there) and I thought how much I would love to pop one of those boxes open and bury my head in it.
I took my tortillas and booked away from the evil, evil desserts.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:02 PM   #23  
266/236/192

One of the ladies in my food instruction class had the best bit of advice I have heard in a long time... and if you really think about it it's true. When you go grocery shopping only shop the out edge of the store and skip the isle in the middle, because that is where all the processed foods are. So far this has been a huge help to me. The only "middle isle" I shop down is the frozen veggies.

I noticed there are lost of issues with veggies. I'd like to suggest spagetti squash. It is fairly mild, no super strong taste. If you use some ICBINB and cheese it is very much like pasta/rice that texture anyways. Easy to prepare, stores well in the fridge after cooking, and you get a lot for your 4oz of cooked veg. Just a thought to share.

LOL on the doughnuts. I am glad my weakness is chips and pasta because as part of my job I sometimes I have to pick up 2 baker's dozen of doughnut on Mondays for the team I support. Let me tell you how fun that is!! NOT The times I have to pick up bagels are worse
Old 05-19-2009, 12:26 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/175

Height: 5'4"

I am just getting started ~ May 1st I started pre-conditioning. I was moved to the beige program last week and have been struggling a little bit.
This is the heaviest I have ever been, although I have struggled with my weight since graduating college some 17 years ago. I just can't seem to do it on my own. I really like that I am weighed in 2 times per week, hopefully it keeps me from cheating!!!
Today I hit my 10# mark and lost 9.75 inches. Not too bad for 18 days.
I am already starting to have some anxiety about losing the weight. I don't know why I am scared to be at a healthy weight.... Anyone else suffer from this???
Old 05-19-2009, 12:32 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Hello everyone...I am really enjoying this topic.....I haven't joined MRC yet, I had to cancel my appt. last week due to a death in the family, so I won't be back home till next Tuesday, when I plan to start if I can get in for an appt., otherwise I have to wait another week before I can start. I sure don't want to do that, but being off almost a week and a half at work, my Tuesday back is going to be pretty busy, and the woman who worked with me is off at 1:30 on Tues., so not looking too good. But I am really enjoying all the reading and so many great losers here....I envy you all. I am trying to do a little of the Southbeach Diet for right now...I had success before with that, so I'm laying off the caffene and sugar, which I lost 8 lbs., but not sure where I am at now beings no scale to check out, plus with all the family things going on right now, it's very hard to be on any kind of plan....especially skipping meals isn't helping me at all. I will be glad to get back and finally make the decision to join. Keep up the posts because I really depend on all of you. Good night.
Old 05-19-2009, 02:50 PM   #26  
-Jacque

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5.5"

I am enjoying this thread as well. I started with 50 lbs to lose. Somedays (like the week I lost 3lbs) I am super confident.... slower weight loss weeks I get discouraged. But I try to say "a loss is a loss and I am ____" lighter than what I would have been!

You ladies bring me so much inspiration =)
Old 05-19-2009, 02:58 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 253.5/241.5/159

Height: 5'6"

This thread is a great idea. I have about 95 pounds to lose. I started out weighing 253.5 pounds and have lost 4.5 pounds. I started pre-conditioning May 6 and the Meta-Slim Plus menu (I think that's what it is called) May 11. It has been a huge struggle for me. I have eaten healthier than I have my entire life the past two weeks, but I haven't stuck to the program like I should. This is the longest I've gone without caffeine and fried foods for sure. Now for my confession. I have been eating Slim Jims, which are full of sodium. I also had a small bowl of nachos one day last week. My biggest fall was last Friday. I ate most of a large pizza. That is my absolute weekness, and it is the last time I will bring pizza into the house.

My biggest struggle with the plan itself is vegetables. I haven't eaten cooked vegetables since I was a kid. I'm hoping some of the recipies in the cookbook will help me with this. I need to just stick to the program completely. Hopefully, the results will help keep me motiviated.

The feeders in my life are my kids. They are young and sweet and just asking if I'd like a bite of this or some of that. I don't want to make a big deal out me dieting to them, because I want them to have a healthy relationship with food. I feel like that would encourage them to not eat or to start worrying about how they look. (They're 9 and 11). So far I've resisted their "kindness."
Old 05-19-2009, 03:28 PM   #28  
266/236/192

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknymom2b View Post
I am just getting started ~ May 1st I started pre-conditioning. I was moved to the beige program last week and have been struggling a little bit.
This is the heaviest I have ever been, although I have struggled with my weight since graduating college some 17 years ago. I just can't seem to do it on my own. I really like that I am weighed in 2 times per week, hopefully it keeps me from cheating!!!
Today I hit my 10# mark and lost 9.75 inches. Not too bad for 18 days.
I am already starting to have some anxiety about losing the weight. I don't know why I am scared to be at a healthy weight.... Anyone else suffer from this???
Welcome skny Congrats on the 10#! I can relate to the being a little scared about being smaller. When you are a larger size for so long it becomes part of you. And I know for myself I have hidden behind my weight for so long and it is part of my humor and defense system. It can be scary Good luck and glad you are here
Old 05-19-2009, 03:59 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 208/206/125

Height: 5'3

I started in December and have gone from 208 to 196, but I stopped loosing in March- in April/May I been up and down around the same range partly from going on vacation, my birthday, and then being out of routine of cooking and exercising. It has been so hard to get back on track, it is amazing how a couple weeks off can REALLY throw you off. I am so stubborn and so lazy now to do anything I hate it, and I find myself complaining more than ever. Yesterday I dragged myself to yoga and bought a one year unlimited pass and I barely did any of the postures because I was getting dizzy but I think its from my own grumpiness. Bit I did feel great when I left- and now that I have that pass I am going to keep forcing myself to go and telling myself how wonderful I will feel when I get out... Hopefully this will get easier =/
Old 05-19-2009, 09:25 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 278/185/165

Height: 5'9"

Hey everyone, This is the first time I've posted on this thread. I started MRC 3 1/2 weeks ago, and have lost 10 lbs. so far! I, too, have a lot of weight to lose (81 lbs. to reach my goal of 165 lbs.). I agree that we need "extra support", because we're going to be on this phase of the diet for quite a while longer than most people that do MRC. I try not to focus on the whole goal, though, because that's too overwhelming for me. I was encouraged today when I was able to fit into a XL short set I bought yesterday. So I'm focusing on getting into the next smaller size, as well as remembering how long ago it was that I was at this weight before (I was around this weight 3 years ago). I look at it as "turning back time", at least as far as what I weigh (now the amount of grey hair I have is another matter!). Anyway, thanks to whoever decided to start this thread, and I hope those of us who are "heavy hitters" will continue to support and encourage one another by posting on this thread!
Closed Thread