Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 04:10 AM   #76  
joz

S/C/G: 250/225/140

Height: 5

Hi, I have also been reading this for a while and finally thought I would post something. First, I was very happy to see this thread. I have been over weight for awhile and have a long way to go. I started at 250 and have been sitting at 230 for about a week. I have hit my first plateau. I have been super discouraged by this. Enough today that I ate pasta. I know way to help the loss! I feel so guilty. So I said it! I cheated!

I am my biggest feeder. I do not have kids or a husband, so I got really used to grabbing fast food or just not eating healthy. I am working hard to change that.

I just wanted to say Hi to everyone. Thanks for all the great information!

Jo

Last edited by joz; 05-24-2009 at 04:12 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-24-2009, 03:39 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 239/239/140

Height: 5'7"

Default Kristalin, Boo Hiss to the iron-tongued "counselor"

who dissed you. 16 and a half pounds in less than a month is pretty damn good in my book. Be strong and tall and gorgeous, and don't let anyone take your win away.

I think one reason we have over-eaten, is to have a defense system, an armor against the world. As we lost some of that armor, and until we replace it with inner strength, I think we feel things more. I have always tried to shield my feelings, and never let people know how vulnerable I feel. The weight has helped insulate me. Now that the weight is going, we are going to have to develop new ways of protecting ourselves.

Maybe because I have finally reached an age or a point in my life, I would have replied, "Well, that was a rude thing to say!", or "I need your support, and that was not a supportive comment.", and thrown it back on her.

No one has the right to minimize your achievement, ever. This program is expensive and energy-intensive, the hardest thing we have ever done, and and we need support and praise for even small victories.

I had the worst time with pre-conditioning and didn't lose anything. In fact, I gained. But it stuck to it to the letter, and that was a win for me. The counselor I had at the time acknowleged me for it, and I left feeling like "I can do this". So I'm saying even a little acknowlegement means so much to us. (So piss on your counselors' little flat head!) You rock! (And may her next creamy supplement have mealy-worms in it.)
Old 05-24-2009, 03:43 PM   #78  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I couldnt' have said it any better skinnywallet! You go Kristalin and I'm sorry you had to endure that.
Old 05-24-2009, 03:55 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 239/239/140

Height: 5'7"

Hey Kristalin, I had another thought. I am an astrologer, among other hobbies.

Mercury is retrograde. Mercury is the planet that rules communication, computers, cars. The 3 or 4 times a year it goes retrograde, there is upheaval and chaos in those areas. My husband and I never fight except when Mercury is retrograde. People get their tongues tangled, say things they don't mean to say, or it comes out backward, like you mean to compliment someone, and accidently insult them instead.

About 1/2 the population has a natal mercury retrograde. (Mercury was retrograde when they were born). Those people learn differently, have different perspectives, and just sorta watch when Mercury is retrograde, as it is the only time they feel balanced! (Most of the time).

Now that I am not running to defend you, and am a little more objective, I bet she was having a "Mercury Retrograde Moment" and she didn't even realize she was insulting you. I'm not defending her (see above post), but maybe this will help you be less frustrated with her. It wasn't about you, she just couldn't get her thoughts out properly. (Maybe)

I'd give her another chance, after June 1st....well wait a week after...till Mercurys' influence has passed, then see if she is a better communicator. If she isn't, she should not be there, and should be reported so some one can either help her communicate better, or move her out the door.
Old 05-24-2009, 04:13 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristalin180 View Post
Hello everyone!

I hope your holiday weekends are going well.

I wanted to share one happy and one boo.

I went in for WI today and I lost another 3.8lbs!!!! That's 5.6lbs this week. I was soooo please with myself until...

The lady I was seeing was not so nice

Last week I had a week where I didn't lose anything thing in fact I gained .8lbs, that being said it was because I was constipated and I told them that and then did exactly what they said to do. When she saw my loss she was all like " well that's good because we were ALL worried about you not losing the appropriate amount of weight and we were wondering WHAT YOU could be doing wrong. At least this is a START in the right direction."

WTF?!?!?! I have lost OP (including today's WI) 16.5 lbs in 27 days!!!!!

After that I didn't even bother to ask about getting my measurements since it was time to do that too.

I was really discouraged when I went out the the waiting area to feed my daughter who was with me. One of the other ladies I have seen before came up and asked me how I was doing and told her what my lose was and what it was for the week. She made me feel a little better, saying that it probably qualified me for the biggest loss board and she was glad I was over my bump and that I was doing great.

But I thought about that other lady ALL day Think I am going to ask not to see her again and wait for someone else if I have to.

Anyways there is my boo for the day. Off to get the little one in bed after a long day looking at houses and a trip to the mountains for a long walk and some fresh air.

Hugs and skinny dust to all
Kristalin, I am so disheartened by the way you were treated at your center. This really scares me because I will be joining soon and I pray that the center staff will not be treating their clients like this. We are going through a very hard time in our lives with our weight problems, or we wouldn't be doing this...so to be spoken to like this is uncalled for. I am so sorry, I don't know if reporting her would help, but they need to be so supportive to help us along....we have punished ourselves enough, we don't need others to do it to us. You are doing a great job and I hope you were able to brush it off and move on. You have many of us here who are proud of you.
Old 05-24-2009, 06:14 PM   #81  
Janett41

S/C/G: 263/256/192

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joz View Post
Hi, I have also been reading this for a while and finally thought I would post something. First, I was very happy to see this thread. I have been over weight for awhile and have a long way to go. I started at 250 and have been sitting at 230 for about a week. I have hit my first plateau. I have been super discouraged by this. Enough today that I ate pasta. I know way to help the loss! I feel so guilty. So I said it! I cheated!

I am my biggest feeder. I do not have kids or a husband, so I got really used to grabbing fast food or just not eating healthy. I am working hard to change that.

I just wanted to say Hi to everyone. Thanks for all the great information!

Jo
Hi Jo and WELCOME!! I have been on every diet you can name since i was 10, (am 41 now) and i will tell you, that i have been on this diet for 10 weeks, and have not cheated ONCE!! Nor have i even wanted to!!! THIS PROGRAM WORKS!!! You can do this, and change the way you feel about yourself forever!! GOOD LUCK and just know that all the people on here are rooting for you!!
Old 05-24-2009, 08:40 PM   #82  
266/236/192

S/C/G: 266/236/192

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyWallet View Post
who dissed you. 16 and a half pounds in less than a month is pretty damn good in my book. Be strong and tall and gorgeous, and don't let anyone take your win away.

I think one reason we have over-eaten, is to have a defense system, an armor against the world. As we lost some of that armor, and until we replace it with inner strength, I think we feel things more. I have always tried to shield my feelings, and never let people know how vulnerable I feel. The weight has helped insulate me. Now that the weight is going, we are going to have to develop new ways of protecting ourselves.

Maybe because I have finally reached an age or a point in my life, I would have replied, "Well, that was a rude thing to say!", or "I need your support, and that was not a supportive comment.", and thrown it back on her.

No one has the right to minimize your achievement, ever. This program is expensive and energy-intensive, the hardest thing we have ever done, and and we need support and praise for even small victories.

I had the worst time with pre-conditioning and didn't lose anything. In fact, I gained. But it stuck to it to the letter, and that was a win for me. The counselor I had at the time acknowleged me for it, and I left feeling like "I can do this". So I'm saying even a little acknowlegement means so much to us. (So piss on your counselors' little flat head!) You rock! (And may her next creamy supplement have mealy-worms in it.)
Quote:
Hey Kristalin, I had another thought. I am an astrologer, among other hobbies.

Mercury is retrograde. Mercury is the planet that rules communication, computers, cars. The 3 or 4 times a year it goes retrograde, there is upheaval and chaos in those areas. My husband and I never fight except when Mercury is retrograde. People get their tongues tangled, say things they don't mean to say, or it comes out backward, like you mean to compliment someone, and accidently insult them instead.

About 1/2 the population has a natal mercury retrograde. (Mercury was retrograde when they were born). Those people learn differently, have different perspectives, and just sorta watch when Mercury is retrograde, as it is the only time they feel balanced! (Most of the time).

Now that I am not running to defend you, and am a little more objective, I bet she was having a "Mercury Retrograde Moment" and she didn't even realize she was insulting you. I'm not defending her (see above post), but maybe this will help you be less frustrated with her. It wasn't about you, she just couldn't get her thoughts out properly. (Maybe)

I'd give her another chance, after June 1st....well wait a week after...till Mercurys' influence has passed, then see if she is a better communicator. If she isn't, she should not be there, and should be reported so some one can either help her communicate better, or move her out the door.
RFLMAO!!!! Thanks Skinny I will fill you in privately who it was. I have had her before and I think she is just one of those people who is just that way, she is just kind of a negative person. It just got my goat that day is all. Today was one of those days too and I went a little off plan at my parents house. Headed to the gym to try and work it off. Hopefully I won't have a gain on Tuesday That is so cool about the astrology!!! We should totally meet up in real life I do tarot cards but could never get my head around charts etc for astrology. Hope you are having a great weekend though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifties Lady View Post
Kristalin, I am so disheartened by the way you were treated at your center. This really scares me because I will be joining soon and I pray that the center staff will not be treating their clients like this. We are going through a very hard time in our lives with our weight problems, or we wouldn't be doing this...so to be spoken to like this is uncalled for. I am so sorry, I don't know if reporting her would help, but they need to be so supportive to help us along....we have punished ourselves enough, we don't need others to do it to us. You are doing a great job and I hope you were able to brush it off and move on. You have many of us here who are proud of you.
Hi FiftiesLady - I don't think you have to worry about that. I have read a lot of your posts here on the MRC boards. I applaud you for your decision to make a start on your weight loss journey. I hope that you can start sooner rather than later. Thanks for your words of support.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:41 PM   #83  
266/236/192

S/C/G: 266/236/192

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsmama View Post
I couldnt' have said it any better skinnywallet! You go Kristalin and I'm sorry you had to endure that.
Thanks Noahsmama It will work itself out.
Old 05-24-2009, 11:42 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/175

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Where do you get the 50 cal Tortillas? Skinny, I think you said the brand is "Aztec". Could not find them at King Soops. Somebody else mentioned a brand: "La Tortilla Factory" Couldn't find those either.

Lowest calorie count I could find was 80. I can't live without my tortillas. Have been cutting one in half. Blah. Doesn't scratch the itch completely.

If I can find the ones you guys know about, Hubby can eat the 80 calorie ones! He snarfs his food so fast, he'll never know the difference!

(thank you)
The La Tortilla Factory is next to the bread but on it's own separate rack. I have not found it in all King Soopers. They are great at ordering things if they don't regularly stock it.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:42 AM   #85  
joz

I looked on La Tortilla web site for around here. (Omaha, NE) I know in the midwest you can find them in the 'organic section' at most HyVee stores. I will say the website was great!

Jo
Old 05-25-2009, 12:43 AM   #86  
joz

Quote:
Originally Posted by janett41 View Post
Hi Jo and WELCOME!! I have been on every diet you can name since i was 10, (am 41 now) and i will tell you, that i have been on this diet for 10 weeks, and have not cheated ONCE!! Nor have i even wanted to!!! THIS PROGRAM WORKS!!! You can do this, and change the way you feel about yourself forever!! GOOD LUCK and just know that all the people on here are rooting for you!!
Thanks for the encouragement. It made me feel tons better!
Old 05-25-2009, 07:06 AM   #87  
Janett41

S/C/G: 263/256/192

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joz View Post
Thanks for the encouragement. It made me feel tons better!
You are very welcome! I do not live near a center. I do everything by phone, email and UPS. This board is just about the only support system i have. My husband is very sweet and supportive, but he is skinny and loves me no matter what. That is awesome, and I SOOO appreciate it, but that means that he just doesn't understand what it is to be overweight. He is very proud of me for sticking to this, and is happy that I feel great on this program versus the other diets I have been on where I felt like crap. It used to be that "Oh Lord, boys, Mama is going on a diet again, run and hide", but this time, it has been SOOOO easy and I feel better than I ever have. So, what I am saying is... that this board can be a wonderful support. The women on here know what you are going through, and truly care about you and what happens to you. They have wonderful advice. Keep on Keepinon (my favorite peson on here) and you will do it!!!

Old 05-25-2009, 02:53 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by janett41 View Post
You are very welcome! I do not live near a center. I do everything by phone, email and UPS. This board is just about the only support system i have. My husband is very sweet and supportive, but he is skinny and loves me no matter what. That is awesome, and I SOOO appreciate it, but that means that he just doesn't understand what it is to be overweight. He is very proud of me for sticking to this, and is happy that I feel great on this program versus the other diets I have been on where I felt like crap. It used to be that "Oh Lord, boys, Mama is going on a diet again, run and hide", but this time, it has been SOOOO easy and I feel better than I ever have. So, what I am saying is... that this board can be a wonderful support. The women on here know what you are going through, and truly care about you and what happens to you. They have wonderful advice. Keep on Keepinon (my favorite peson on here) and you will do it!!!

I am doublely (SP) proud of you, for you to be doing so good without the help of the center each week shows you are one strong woman. I know the support here is awesome, but trying to do it on line would be very, very hard. Keep up the great work Janett.....bravo to you.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:40 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 278/185/165

Height: 5'9"

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristalin180 View Post
Hello everyone!

I hope your holiday weekends are going well.

I wanted to share one happy and one boo.

I went in for WI today and I lost another 3.8lbs!!!! That's 5.6lbs this week. I was soooo please with myself until...

The lady I was seeing was not so nice

Last week I had a week where I didn't lose anything thing in fact I gained .8lbs, that being said it was because I was constipated and I told them that and then did exactly what they said to do. When she saw my loss she was all like " well that's good because we were ALL worried about you not losing the appropriate amount of weight and we were wondering WHAT YOU could be doing wrong. At least this is a START in the right direction."

WTF?!?!?! I have lost OP (including today's WI) 16.5 lbs in 27 days!!!!!

After that I didn't even bother to ask about getting my measurements since it was time to do that too.

I was really discouraged when I went out the the waiting area to feed my daughter who was with me. One of the other ladies I have seen before came up and asked me how I was doing and told her what my lose was and what it was for the week. She made me feel a little better, saying that it probably qualified me for the biggest loss board and she was glad I was over my bump and that I was doing great.

But I thought about that other lady ALL day Think I am going to ask not to see her again and wait for someone else if I have to.

Anyways there is my boo for the day. Off to get the little one in bed after a long day looking at houses and a trip to the mountains for a long walk and some fresh air.

Hugs and skinny dust to all
Kristalin, What center do you go to? The reason I ask is that I go to the MRC in Aurora, CO, and I had a similar experience with one of the "counselors". I wonder if it's the same one? Anyway, you keep up the great work, and I would advise (as I was advised to do by others on these forums) to talk to the manager about your negative experience with this counselor. If they get a few complaints about one person, maybe they'll realize she's not a good "fit" for the job! Stay strong, girl!--JJ
Old 05-26-2009, 11:27 AM   #90  
dla
Denise

S/C/G: 321/ticker/175

Height: 5'-10"

Don't forget...you are paying to go to the center. If one of the counselors doesn't work for you, don't see them.
Closed Thread