Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 09:34 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Welcome JJackson...congratulations on the XL clothes...that is enough to keep you motivated....just getting out of the clothes that you absolutely hated for the last few yrs. has to be great. Keep up the good work. I'm about the same as you...and have so much to lose...I want MRC to work for me so badly. I can't wait to get on as soon as my life gets back to normal...whatever that is!
Old 05-19-2009, 10:15 PM   #32  
dla
Denise

S/C/G: 321/ticker/175

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknymom2b View Post
IToday I hit my 10# mark and lost 9.75 inches. Not too bad for 18 days. I am already starting to have some anxiety about losing the weight. I don't know why I am scared to be at a healthy weight.... Anyone else suffer from this???
I suffer from this. I hate having attention drawn to me. Being fat has been convenient for that. No one talks to you when you are fat. Losing weight has done two things...people notice the weight loss and random strangers actually speak to me. At first I was really bothered by it. Quite honestly I think that going to the center all of the time has kind of desensitized me to it. There every talks about how good you look and how you are losing every time. At least now it doesn't make me squirm anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjackson106 View Post
Hey everyone, This is the first time I've posted on this thread. I started MRC 3 1/2 weeks ago, and have lost 10 lbs. so far! I, too, have a lot of weight to lose (81 lbs. to reach my goal of 165 lbs.). I agree that we need "extra support", because we're going to be on this phase of the diet for quite a while longer than most people that do MRC. I try not to focus on the whole goal, though, because that's too overwhelming for me. I was encouraged today when I was able to fit into a XL short set I bought yesterday. So I'm focusing on getting into the next smaller size, as well as remembering how long ago it was that I was at this weight before (I was around this weight 3 years ago). I look at it as "turning back time", at least as far as what I weigh (now the amount of grey hair I have is another matter!). Anyway, thanks to whoever decided to start this thread, and I hope those of us who are "heavy hitters" will continue to support and encourage one another by posting on this thread!
Congratulations!!
Old 05-19-2009, 10:28 PM   #33  
266/236/192

S/C/G: 266/236/192

Height: 5'10"

Good evening EVERYONE!

Just thought I would share my happy for the day.

Went for WI and was down 1.8lbs. since Saturday. But that isn't the best part, it has been 4 weeks since I started so I asked if I could do the body composition machine.

While I have only lost 13 lbs total, I have lost 18lbs of fat and added 5lbs of lean muscle mass. So that has pushed up my ratio and my goal weight!!!!

So for this evening I am super encouraged.

I didn't really think it would work but if any one is stuck, I did what was suggested and I started taking 2 fiber mixes a day and maxed out on HNS's (5 per day) that really helped.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:32 PM   #34  
266/236/192

Quote:
Originally Posted by workin2lose View Post
It is nice to see this topic started. I think those of us over 200 with a lot to lose need this "extra" support. It is nice to read about others who want to eat donuts in the grocery store!! I have been on this program since Jan 20 with a loss of 29 pounds. I feel like it is going to take foreverto get to my goal of 180! I have also run into problems at my center where there are all new staff and everyone gives you a different answer when you ask a question!!

Today when I went for WI,1.5 loss, I was told the reason I am losing so slowly is because I have gone through menopause! So my question is ...are there any others here that have gone through menopause and how has that effected your weight loss?

I am hoping to figure out what is going on but I am hanging in there and continuing on program......my new motto is a small loss is better than NO loss!

Question of the week......right now I am real lucky....no feeders around, even my husband is on a diet so we are doing this together. But all of that will change in a few weeks when we go north for vacation and see our family.....they all LOVE to feed us!! It will be interesting to see how others deal with this!
Hi Workin Sorry you are getting the run around. I am finding questions get good answers around here Glad you have support in your husband. Good luck on the vacation. Remember No is a complete sentence and if they really love you they will want you to be healthy not full.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:39 PM   #35  
266/236/192

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwillwin View Post
This thread is a great idea. I have about 95 pounds to lose. I started out weighing 253.5 pounds and have lost 4.5 pounds. I started pre-conditioning May 6 and the Meta-Slim Plus menu (I think that's what it is called) May 11. It has been a huge struggle for me. I have eaten healthier than I have my entire life the past two weeks, but I haven't stuck to the program like I should. This is the longest I've gone without caffeine and fried foods for sure. Now for my confession. I have been eating Slim Jims, which are full of sodium. I also had a small bowl of nachos one day last week. My biggest fall was last Friday. I ate most of a large pizza. That is my absolute weekness, and it is the last time I will bring pizza into the house.

My biggest struggle with the plan itself is vegetables. I haven't eaten cooked vegetables since I was a kid. I'm hoping some of the recipies in the cookbook will help me with this. I need to just stick to the program completely. Hopefully, the results will help keep me motiviated.

The feeders in my life are my kids. They are young and sweet and just asking if I'd like a bite of this or some of that. I don't want to make a big deal out me dieting to them, because I want them to have a healthy relationship with food. I feel like that would encourage them to not eat or to start worrying about how they look. (They're 9 and 11). So far I've resisted their "kindness."
Iwill - Don't stress too much. I have had my fair share of bumps. When we were on a weekend drive I completely forgot any supplements or snacks and ended up having some beef jerky. I also broke down one night and had a piece of my fiance's pizza. It was in the middle of my TOM so I cut myself some slack. But you said the most important part you are eating healthier than you ever have. Keep up the good work!
Old 05-19-2009, 11:10 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

Smile

Iwill-

Good pasta, including pizza, is one of my favorite foods in the world. I had to stop it completly and haven't made spaghetti for my family since I was in preconditioning.

I have decided I'm going to have pasta once a month so I know it won't be forbidden to me forever. But I've been trying to look at it as a luxury food item and not as a staple for supplying my body with fuel.

I only like a few vegetable too, so I force myself to eat them. The I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray helps give them flavor as does a little dash of garlic powder. I DO love asparagus though so I eat that often.

It's time for fresh market vegetables too, and those always taste better. You can shop from farm markets and get tastier vegetables and help out the farmers as opposed to the superstores.

Last edited by Dolly; 05-20-2009 at 08:03 AM. Reason: I need to sleep more before I post
Old 05-19-2009, 11:17 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

I want to also add that I'm looking at my menu like an expense account.

As much as I would love to have a gucci or DB purse that wasn't second-hand, I'd rather spend the money on lots of things I need like gas money, kids clothes, etc.

The guilt I would feel buying myself something new and expensive isn't worth the experience of carrying a new purse. Similarly, eating off plan frequently isn't worth the experience I get from exerting control over my food impulses. Better to save and splurge quilt-free later on than imbide frequently and feel frustrated often.

Last edited by Dolly; 05-20-2009 at 08:04 AM. Reason: Then again, it could be the cold medicine I took
Old 05-20-2009, 12:56 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/175

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dla View Post
I suffer from this. I hate having attention drawn to me. Being fat has been convenient for that. No one talks to you when you are fat. Losing weight has done two things...people notice the weight loss and random strangers actually speak to me. At first I was really bothered by it. Quite honestly I think that going to the center all of the time has kind of desensitized me to it. There every talks about how good you look and how you are losing every time. At least now it doesn't make me squirm anymore.

Congratulations!!
I work with teenage boys who are in juvinile jail. I think that the shift work along with the stress has been hard on my body and I don't want any attention drawn to me from losing weight. The boys I work with say the most horrible things to me when they are angry, I am an easy target I guess. I try to let it roll off my back, I know if I were thin they would say something else just as cruel. I have to keep in mind that I am doing this for my health and for my children. and compliments from them are always welcome!!!
Old 05-20-2009, 01:08 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 253.5/241.5/159

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristalin180 View Post
Iwill - Don't stress too much. I have had my fair share of bumps. When we were on a weekend drive I completely forgot any supplements or snacks and ended up having some beef jerky. I also broke down one night and had a piece of my fiance's pizza. It was in the middle of my TOM so I cut myself some slack. But you said the most important part you are eating healthier than you ever have. Keep up the good work!
Thanks Kristalin180. I apprecaite the encourangement. Yesterday, I found out I lost another pound so at least my off-plan eating did make me gain - not that I'm crazy enough to think this would always be true!
Old 05-20-2009, 01:14 PM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by little edie View Post
Iwill-

Good pasta, including pizza, is one of my favorite foods in the world. I had to stop it completly and haven't made spaghetti for my family since I was in preconditioning.

I have decided I'm going to have pasta once a month so I know it won't be forbidden to me forever. But I've been trying to look at it as a luxury food item and not as a staple for supplying my body with fuel.

I only like a few vegetable too, so I force myself to eat them. The I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray helps give them flavor as does a little dash of garlic powder. I DO love asparagus though so I eat that often.

It's time for fresh market vegetables too, and those always taste better. You can shop from farm markets and get tastier vegetables and help out the farmers as opposed to the superstores.
Little Edie - Thanks for the veggie tips. I'll give them a try. The more I read through these posts, the more I realize that most people eat off-plan occasionally. I'm going to try to only rarely eat off plan and not beat myself up for it when I do.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:16 PM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by little edie View Post
I want to also add that I'm looking at my menu like an expense account.

As much as I would love to have a gucci or DB purse that wasn't second-hand, I'd rather spend the money on lots of things I need like gas money, kids clothes, etc.

The guilt I would feel buying myself something new and expensive isn't worth the experience of carrying a new purse. Similarly, eating off plan frequently isn't worth the experience I get from exerting control over my food impulses. Better to save and splurge quilt-free later on than imbide frequently and feel frustrated often.
That makes so much sense. I'll remember than the next time I'm tempted by something that isn't worth it. Thanks!
Old 05-20-2009, 01:39 PM   #42  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I posted this thought/question on another thread and thought I'd post here as well and see what others do.

I'm finding that there are just certain things that I like to use with my foods to help me personally eat them and give me enough variety to maintain this for the long-haul (no-salt ketchup for my meat (as I've always had ketchup with all my meats), manwich (just enough for the flavor), the 'heart healthy' spaghetti sauce (again enough for flavor), SF syrup (1 tbsp) on my french toast) and other things). I know these off program items might and prolly have slowed my weight loss, but for me to do this for 6 months I've got to do things that help me get through this. What about the rest of you? What sorts of things do you do, if anything, to 'help' you with this program? I hope I'm not alone in this.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:58 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 318/ticker/200

Height: 5'7"

Hello! Thanks so much for this thread. I agree... those of us with 100 pounds are just in a different "place" than those with less than 40. A lot of things are similar ... but it's a long road ahead for us. I'm new to this site ... and new to MRC. I went for the free consult last week. Signed my contract last night and I have my food class on Friday night. It's exciting. I hope I do well. But I also have this huge fear that I'm going to fail. I have a great support system at home. So I'm really thinking MRC is the right choice for me and the support at the center is really the added encouragement (and accountability) that I need.

As for the question ... my feeder is myself. Right now I'm craving potato chips! OMG ... a nice crunchy, greasy, salty goodness of a plain lays chip. But no. I'm NOT GOING TO DO IT!!
Old 05-20-2009, 05:51 PM   #44  
266/236/192

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsmama View Post
I posted this thought/question on another thread and thought I'd post here as well and see what others do.

I'm finding that there are just certain things that I like to use with my foods to help me personally eat them and give me enough variety to maintain this for the long-haul (no-salt ketchup for my meat (as I've always had ketchup with all my meats), manwich (just enough for the flavor), the 'heart healthy' spaghetti sauce (again enough for flavor), SF syrup (1 tbsp) on my french toast) and other things). I know these off program items might and prolly have slowed my weight loss, but for me to do this for 6 months I've got to do things that help me get through this. What about the rest of you? What sorts of things do you do, if anything, to 'help' you with this program? I hope I'm not alone in this.
Mine are onions (regular yellow onions) although I have tried to use rehydrated dried onions but I can't live without my onions. And if I have to have herbal tea because I can't stand another glass of water or another HNS I will put a very tiny amount of honey in it. Only do that about once a week though.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:16 PM   #45  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I wish I liked onions. I don't know why they're not OP. I still might cook with them though. I hadn't really thought about that as of yet.
Closed Thread