Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 05:08 PM   #301  
Teresa

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by msim View Post
Suz175--you are a rock star in my book and am cheering you on for your .50 pound losses each and every time!

lookinfine09--I am walking to build up to C25k, probably 4th of July or so. What week are you on? Are you maxed on the HNS and striving for half your body weight--i.e. 200 lbs equals 100 ounces in water. I don't do a very good job of keeping track and I make doubles of the HNS during the day and forget I don't get to count that as water, so I drink 80-100 ounces.

I am still giving some thought to Kristalin's soul searching question of the week; I think when I do my p.m. dog walking, but had to share my awesome weigh in----down 3 pounds so I am .50 pounds from 55 pound board! It will be mine on Friday.

Yesterday I forgot part of my breakfast, so ended up having the meal replacement bar I had brought for lunch...took a run to the store and ended up eating boiled eggs, brussel sprouts, and blueberries. It was about the most pitiful meal I have ever eaten while on plan, but it may become my good luck on WI lunch! lol

Showing some good inch loss as well, will get measured on Friday as well, but due to an exercise program I have been on for a month I am down 18 inches. Measurements are a bit different at the center than the measurements I took. At my center they don't do each limb and they do the ankle--no visible loss there yet! lol

Hope everyone is having a great OP week!
msim WAY TO GO. I can't even imagine how excited you must be. 55 lbs, thats awesome!

What exercise program are you doing. I'm trying to find something that will help do some toning and help with the loss as well. Any suggestions?
Old 06-16-2009, 05:23 PM   #302  
266/236/192

S/C/G: 266/236/192

Height: 5'10"

As far as what the cost to my freedom will be after losing weight? For me, I think the freedoms I gain in health, clothes shopping, self esteem, assertiveness, and things along those lines will greatly outweigh anything I feel I can't eat.[/QUOTE]

T - Thanks for the great answer

I guess it isn't so much the things I can't eat that I am looking at it "costing" me. I more meant, while I know that my outlook will be much healthier, I am afraid of going to the extreme. I have one of those personalities I think. I am either all or nothing. I don't want to lose the forest for the trees I guess. Maybe because I am worried about it it is a sign I won't do it because I am already aware of it? And I guess that is what all my waxing lyrical (lol) was about really.
Old 06-17-2009, 03:01 AM   #303  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

Default This is going to be long!

So glad you are better Kristalin! You have been in my thoughts for more then one reason. I have also been sick. Today has been the first day in 4 I have been off the couch. I ended up with bronchitis. My 4th case in the past year. I started after my interview with headache and muscle aches, then the next day I went to weigh in and felt "toxic". I didn't have a fever, cough or anything. Thought I was having a reaction to the pills or something. That got worse and then the cough started. I tried to cook and make healthy comfort food but ended up sending my son to the store for good old fashioned chicken soup. Keep in mind that my son is 18 but is special needs and reads about a 4th grade level. He walked to the grocery store and knew I was on a diet so he read all the soup lables for low fat and low salt! He did great, fat free and 40% less salt. Saw my doctor today and she couldn't get over my weight loss in just the past few weeks. She wasn't concerned about my lack of a period. She laughed and said to get worried if I feel something kick!

So here is the run down on my last few days. Job interview, still haven't heard yet. Puppy ate through the cable wire, fixed. Puppy chewed through the charger, not able to fix it but finally found a replacement at a computer repair center (Thank you Fifties Lady!), Looked over my medical bills from car accident last Dec, found a costly error prior to making a settlement. Attempting to refinace my student loans, loan officer is helping me by trying to get me a deferment until I have a job. One bill I don't have to worry about at least. My best friend's grandmother had a stroke and she is facing the mortality of loved ones. She is also dealing with her ex-husband, as well as her live in boyfriend, being out of work among other concerns. I finally felt well enough to go over to her house and give her a little support. We spent some girl time together going to a new farmer's market store that opened up and on the way home, ran over a huge peice of metal and it puntured my tire! So tomorrow I get to shop for a tire that I can't afford and send off the paperwork for the refinance. Bottom line, how did all this effect my weight? At first gained 1 lb, then lost 3!
Old 06-17-2009, 03:21 AM   #304  

To answer the question of the week. While I have many things to worry about, see last post if you have any questions, I feel that my weight related worries are more self esteem. I am not one of those women that men hit on, I always blamed my weight but what if that is not it? I even had a boyfriend that said "You are friggin gorgeous but why are you so fat?" (jerk!) What if even thin, I am someone that a guy still looks at as a great friend or worse, a sister? What if, after lifting the 76 lb blanket I wrapped myself with, I don't like who I am or what I have become? I have used food to deal with emotional baggage for so long I worry that the baggage is still there under that blanket.
Logically, I know that I will be more attractive because my confidence level will be higher and that will draw people. However, emotionally, I have some work to do. I am hoping that if I change my way of thinking and dealing with life and myself, after I lose the weight, I will be a thin person in my thoughts as well as on the scale. I have heard it takes time for the mind and heart to catch up with the body.
I am reminding myself that we are all beautiful and worthy. We all deserve to lift the blanket we have covered ourselves with and not let the baggage control who we are and what we can do. The possibilities are endless and the rewards are within reach.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:17 AM   #305  

S/C/G: 223.5/215/150

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by msim View Post
Suz175--you are a rock star in my book and am cheering you on for your .50 pound losses each and every time!
YOU are a rockstar in MY book! Half a pound from the 55 pound board and 18 inches is an inspiration!!

I went to WI yesterday after work. I was down 1.5 pounds and it was time to do my 2 wk measurments. I have lost 12 inches!!! WOOO HOOO!!! This success was just the push I needed to stay on track and keep going.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:24 AM   #306  

S/C/G: 223.5/215/150

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori123321 View Post
So glad you are better Kristalin! You have been in my thoughts for more then one reason. I have also been sick. Today has been the first day in 4 I have been off the couch. I ended up with bronchitis. My 4th case in the past year. I started after my interview with headache and muscle aches, then the next day I went to weigh in and felt "toxic". I didn't have a fever, cough or anything. Thought I was having a reaction to the pills or something. That got worse and then the cough started. I tried to cook and make healthy comfort food but ended up sending my son to the store for good old fashioned chicken soup. Keep in mind that my son is 18 but is special needs and reads about a 4th grade level. He walked to the grocery store and knew I was on a diet so he read all the soup lables for low fat and low salt! He did great, fat free and 40% less salt. Saw my doctor today and she couldn't get over my weight loss in just the past few weeks. She wasn't concerned about my lack of a period. She laughed and said to get worried if I feel something kick!

So here is the run down on my last few days. Job interview, still haven't heard yet. Puppy ate through the cable wire, fixed. Puppy chewed through the charger, not able to fix it but finally found a replacement at a computer repair center (Thank you Fifties Lady!), Looked over my medical bills from car accident last Dec, found a costly error prior to making a settlement. Attempting to refinace my student loans, loan officer is helping me by trying to get me a deferment until I have a job. One bill I don't have to worry about at least. My best friend's grandmother had a stroke and she is facing the mortality of loved ones. She is also dealing with her ex-husband, as well as her live in boyfriend, being out of work among other concerns. I finally felt well enough to go over to her house and give her a little support. We spent some girl time together going to a new farmer's market store that opened up and on the way home, ran over a huge peice of metal and it puntured my tire! So tomorrow I get to shop for a tire that I can't afford and send off the paperwork for the refinance. Bottom line, how did all this effect my weight? At first gained 1 lb, then lost 3!
OMG Lori! When it rains it pours!! But I just wanted to tell you on keeping such a good attitude throughout it all and CONGRATS on the loss!!

Hope things start looking up for you!
Old 06-17-2009, 11:14 AM   #307  

S/C/G: 279.5/195.5/166

Height: 5' 11"

Quote:

Lori123321--Wow, talk about trials and tribulations and still pulled off a 3 pound loss! You sure didn't let the stress get you down or use it as an excuse to go off program. And your son is a real sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaG View Post
msim WAY TO GO. I can't even imagine how excited you must be. 55 lbs, thats awesome!

What exercise program are you doing. I'm trying to find something that will help do some toning and help with the loss as well. Any suggestions?
TeresaG I am doing TTapp. I sent you a private message, but as I haven't used that feature, not sure if I did it right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suz175 View Post
YOU are a rockstar in MY book! Half a pound from the 55 pound board and 18 inches is an inspiration!!

I went to WI yesterday after work. I was down 1.5 pounds and it was time to do my 2 wk measurments. I have lost 12 inches!!! WOOO HOOO!!! This success was just the push I needed to stay on track and keep going.
Suz175 Great pounds and inches lost--12 inches in 2 weeks???!!!! You are melting!

Everyone is doing so well! Keep it up!
Old 06-17-2009, 11:24 AM   #308  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

wow that's amazing that you lost 3 pounds given all you circumstances!! That's awesome and you have an awesome son! congrats
Old 06-17-2009, 03:22 PM   #309  

Thanks everyone for your wonderful encouragement. Had an interesting middle of the night conversation. There is a male friend who has been in my life for over 3 years. The night I met him, he flirted with me and made me feel like the most beautiful woman in the room. We dated for a while and then settled into a great friendship with some romantic moments (sorry if TMI). He has been very supportive of this plan at first but is now voicing concerns that it is not healthy for me. I have felt really bad several days since starting and mentioned feeling toxic. I tried to explain that I don't feel like the toxins are something I put in me, they are something my body is releasing. Plus being sick really has not helped as well as the fact that I have not had my TOM since about May 3rd. But he continues to say he thinks I am not getting enough calories and nutrients.
Thought about it and noticed other changes in his behavior such as calling and texting me more since I have continued to lose weight. I think he is getting nervous about the changes in me and is concerned that as I reach my goal weight, I might find someone else. I would love to have a more serious relationship with him but he has told me he feels he has nothing to offer so that is something that just might happen.
Has anyone noticed this type of behavior with friends or family? Not really a feeder but startled at the way things are changing and doesn't seem comfortable with it.
Thanks
Old 06-17-2009, 04:48 PM   #310  
266/236/192

S/C/G: 266/236/192

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Thanks everyone for your wonderful encouragement. Had an interesting middle of the night conversation. There is a male friend who has been in my life for over 3 years. The night I met him, he flirted with me and made me feel like the most beautiful woman in the room. We dated for a while and then settled into a great friendship with some romantic moments (sorry if TMI). He has been very supportive of this plan at first but is now voicing concerns that it is not healthy for me. I have felt really bad several days since starting and mentioned feeling toxic. I tried to explain that I don't feel like the toxins are something I put in me, they are something my body is releasing. Plus being sick really has not helped as well as the fact that I have not had my TOM since about May 3rd. But he continues to say he thinks I am not getting enough calories and nutrients.
Thought about it and noticed other changes in his behavior such as calling and texting me more since I have continued to lose weight. I think he is getting nervous about the changes in me and is concerned that as I reach my goal weight, I might find someone else. I would love to have a more serious relationship with him but he has told me he feels he has nothing to offer so that is something that just might happen.
Has anyone noticed this type of behavior with friends or family? Not really a feeder but startled at the way things are changing and doesn't seem comfortable with it.
Thanks
I totally get it!!! That is exactly what I am noticing with my fiance and am worried about. He says he wants to help me and support me but then he raises "concerns" and tries to get me to go off plan a bit or at least doesn't try and stop me if I am headed that direction. Same with my parents... not trying to feed me but being "concerned" and questioning the program. I think they are all worried because they all are over weight to some degree and I think they are worried that if I get healthy and "skinny" that I won't fit in with them anymore or love them for the way they are and nothing could be further from the truth. I totally feel you

HUGS
Old 06-17-2009, 06:05 PM   #311  
Teresa

Quote:
Thanks
Lori, you have had a very eventful week and it's only Wednesday!

At my first meeting at MRC they mentioned that TOM could change if you weren't told that.

As far as the thinking you aren't getting enough calories, etc., it was mentioned in a previous post somewhere about a website, livestrong.com which you can track what you eat. Basically your food diary, only with all the nutritional information for each food. I started using it 3 days ago and calories range from about 1000 to 1200 depending on what I eat. It has the information for lots of the MRC products. Anyway, from being an experienced dieter for many years, most diets would suggest a caloric intake of about 1000 per day for women trying to lose weight.

As far as the issues with the man.....just some thoughts. I read your other posts about your thoughts after you reach your goal. At the age of 42, with a new baby, I was fortunate enough to happen upon someone who has become my best friend and fiance, and you will too. Any changes you make to yourself will only be improvements, so don't sweat it. Your friend said he didn't have anything to offer you, but do you think he does? If so, you need to tell him that. He has himself and if he is what you want, then he DOES have something to offer. Sounds a bit silly, but life is short and it's hard to watch people sell themselves short sometimes.

Your son sounds awesome and the effort he put in to finding you some soup shows how much he loves you and also shows what a great mom and person you are!

There is a poem "Some People", which basically says people come in to our lives for a reason, a season or a lifetime. If you can talk to your friend and find out his real fears and tell him how you feel, maybe it will end being for a lifetime.

You are such a positive person, you inspire all of us here. Thanks for that. I'll keep good wishes for you that the remainder of the week is a little less eventful than the first half was.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:44 PM   #312  
Teresa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristalin180 View Post
I totally get it!!! That is exactly what I am noticing with my fiance and am worried about. He says he wants to help me and support me but then he raises "concerns" and tries to get me to go off plan a bit or at least doesn't try and stop me if I am headed that direction. Same with my parents... not trying to feed me but being "concerned" and questioning the program. I think they are all worried because they all are over weight to some degree and I think they are worried that if I get healthy and "skinny" that I won't fit in with them anymore or love them for the way they are and nothing could be further from the truth. I totally feel you

HUGS
I am so sad to hear you and Lori have worries about other's concerns. I can't imagine how hard that must be on top of everything else you have going on. Have you guys talked to any of the counselors at the centers for information as far as addressing their concerns? I wish I could help you both. Just know we are all here to help if and when we can, and if I should run across any info that might help you guys, I will pass it on. For now, hang in there, both of you.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:52 PM   #313  
Teresa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristalin180 View Post
As far as what the cost to my freedom will be after losing weight? For me, I think the freedoms I gain in health, clothes shopping, self esteem, assertiveness, and things along those lines will greatly outweigh anything I feel I can't eat.
T - Thanks for the great answer

I guess it isn't so much the things I can't eat that I am looking at it "costing" me. I more meant, while I know that my outlook will be much healthier, I am afraid of going to the extreme. I have one of those personalities I think. I am either all or nothing. I don't want to lose the forest for the trees I guess. Maybe because I am worried about it it is a sign I won't do it because I am already aware of it? And I guess that is what all my waxing lyrical (lol) was about really.[/QUOTE]

I missed this part of the question. I agree with you that because you are already aware of it, you will more than likely control it. I do get where you are coming from. I just want to do this for me and if someone wants to know, then I'll share. That's kind of what I do now, but thinking about it, maybe I don't want people to know I'm dieting in case I fail, again. I'm working on my inner struggles and telling myself I will achieve this goal and keep the lbs off.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:26 PM   #314  

S/C/G: 278/185/165

Height: 5'9"

Hey everyone, I haven't posted in a few days, so thought I'd better let everyone know I'm still alive! I was discouraged when I went in for my WI yesterday-- I'd only lost .6 lbs. for the week (I've been consistently losing 3.5+ lbs./week); I had an eventful weekend-- our family went to a outdoor concert, my son graduated from 5th grade, so there were several times I wasn't strictly OP, but I thought I had still made good choices. Plus, I had done a 5K walk with my center that Saturday morning! I did have the counselor run my Tanita numbers, and I have increased in muscle mass by 0.5, which is good news, but I think I'm thinking, "Man, I can't be off-program by the slightest bit!". I am considering doing the MetaQuick program for a few days to "catch up". I also think maybe I haven't been getting as much water in. So, I guess the lesson I'm learning is, "STICK TO THE PLAN", even if I have to carry my meals with me in a cooler. Also, I do need to plan better when I have these "out-of-the ordinary" events. Anyone have any advice on how to stay OP when you have "events"? Thanks!-- JJ
Old 06-17-2009, 09:56 PM   #315  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:

Lori...I wish I could reach into my monitor and give you one big hug...so much to deal with these last few days and to be sick on top of that has been very challenging for you....you hang in there and everyone here is going to help you get through it all....here are some hugs your way....
Closed Thread