Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 10:20 AM   #136  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadedangel75 View Post
Yes, Jaclyn is great! I will say something to her the next time I see her. I will try to make it on the 20th. You are such an inspiration to me and so many others, I would like to meet you. Right after I joined MRC and this site I checked out the link to your website and then I went and weighed in and they had your pictures up on the computer screen and showed it to everyone. Congratulations!
Definitely do talk to her, she's very open to feedback.

How funny, I didn't realize all of that! I hope I don't disappoint!
Old 05-29-2009, 10:24 AM   #137  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristalin180 View Post
So it sounds like everyone would like to try and meet up. Normally and before this I would have suggested a restaurant LOL!!! It does look like we are all kind of spread out and like everyone has kiddos or grandkiddos.

Might I suggest somewhere that is kind of "inbetween" everything? Maybe a day at the zoo? You can bring your own MRC picnic and the kids and get some good exercise too boot!

End of June or end of July?
That sounds great and I'll do my best to show up for whatever you all decide on...
Old 05-29-2009, 10:34 AM   #138  
266/236/192

S/C/G: 266/236/192

Height: 5'10"

Lightbulb "Weekly"-end Question

So I missed the Weekly question on Monday due to the holiday. So I thought I would do a "Weekly"-end question

On previous weight loss plans one of my mantras had always been, "When I am off this thing I am going to eat X." I would obsess over what I was going to eat and when, when I finally came off the diet. I would spend the majority of the plan thinking about what I couldn't have and not what I was gaining (health, freedom, self esteem).

So far this time it has been different. I have actually been thinking about all the things that I am going to DO once I lose the weight. Go on a trip and not have worry if I will have to get an extender for the seat belt on the plane, go for a hike in Este Park and not get winded after 100 feet, while I know I will never be a size 2 knowing that I will be able to walk into any clothing store/department store and find something that fits WITHOUT haveing to go to the fat girls section/store.

I think it has been the board that has helped keep me from planning my after goal eating binge and from cheating while on plan. Actually reading and re-reading stories of other people that are either:

1) about how upset they are when they go off plan or how they have gained back everything they lost and then have to come back...and seeing the real hurt, pain and disappointment they are going through and knowing I have been there and I don't want to go there again.

or

2) the flip side people being proud (isn't the saying pride comes before a fall?)that they have cheated and taking what I would assume to be as much pleasure if not more so in sharing with eveyone the details of the cheat. I'm not talking about those little off plan moments everyone has, I mean the BIG ones the ones that make your stomach hurt just reading them. But don't they realize that they are only cheating them selfs? They think they are beating the "system", sticking it to the man... I always thought that way. "Hahaha I ate this this and this that was off plan and I didn't gain anything or I only gained a pound... nananabooboo I won :P" But really I lost. I was only cheating myself not the system, not "the man"... what does the system care they were still getting their pound of flesh so to speak ($) I wasn't hurting them by not following the rules.

So after that soap box speech LOL!

The "weekly"-end question is:

What are you going to DO once you hit your goal weight? It can't involve food.

and skinny dust to all

Last edited by Kristalin180; 05-29-2009 at 10:36 AM. Reason: grammar and misuse of words
Old 05-29-2009, 10:35 AM   #139  
266/236/192

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
That sounds great and I'll do my best to show up for whatever you all decide on...
That would be awesome.

Come on ladies of CO feedback and suggestions are welcome
Old 05-29-2009, 12:56 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 239/239/140

Height: 5'7"

Default Not keen on meeting at the zoo.

Anywhere else is OK. Last time I was there it really was smelly. I have an issue with animals in captivity, and I don't want to go off on a tangent about that, but it hurts my heart. EVEN if they are being preserved and we would never get to see them any other way, it still bothers me. It just bothers me, and haunts my soul for days after.

I am fine with you all considering me a weird chick. So I would prefer somewhere else, but I will go along with the majority decision. I don't have children to bring, but I know most of you do, and they need to be entertained, I understand that.

Elitches? The Water Slide place in Thornton or Broomfield? Pirates Cove in Littleton? Botanic Gardens? City Park? "Renny" Faire? The little Kiddie Ride Place on Sheridan and 44th, I think it is called Lakeside, (with the wooden rollercoaster that needs paint?) Heritage Square in Golden with all the "old time-y shops? Mt. Falcon Park, just outside the city to the west? Red Rocks?

I can keep going here!
Old 05-29-2009, 01:07 PM   #141  
Denise

Quote:
So I missed the Weekly question on Monday due to the holiday. So I thought I would do a "Weekly"-end question

On previous weight loss plans one of my mantras had always been, "When I am off this thing I am going to eat X." I would obsess over what I was going to eat and when, when I finally came off the diet. I would spend the majority of the plan thinking about what I couldn't have and not what I was gaining (health, freedom, self esteem).

So far this time it has been different. I have actually been thinking about all the things that I am going to DO once I lose the weight. Go on a trip and not have worry if I will have to get an extender for the seat belt on the plane, go for a hike in Este Park and not get winded after 100 feet, while I know I will never be a size 2 knowing that I will be able to walk into any clothing store/department store and find something that fits WITHOUT haveing to go to the fat girls section/store.

I think it has been the board that has helped keep me from planning my after goal eating binge and from cheating while on plan. Actually reading and re-reading stories of other people that are either:

1) about how upset they are when they go off plan or how they have gained back everything they lost and then have to come back...and seeing the real hurt, pain and disappointment they are going through and knowing I have been there and I don't want to go there again.

or

2) the flip side people being proud (isn't the saying pride comes before a fall?)that they have cheated and taking what I would assume to be as much pleasure if not more so in sharing with eveyone the details of the cheat. I'm not talking about those little off plan moments everyone has, I mean the BIG ones the ones that make your stomach hurt just reading them. But don't they realize that they are only cheating them selfs? They think they are beating the "system", sticking it to the man... I always thought that way. "Hahaha I ate this this and this that was off plan and I didn't gain anything or I only gained a pound... nananabooboo I won :P" But really I lost. I was only cheating myself not the system, not "the man"... what does the system care they were still getting their pound of flesh so to speak ($) I wasn't hurting them by not following the rules.

So after that soap box speech LOL!

The "weekly"-end question is:

What are you going to DO once you hit your goal weight? It can't involve food.

and skinny dust to all
Great question! So, right before I started MRC I began making this list of things I wanted back.... the things I came to call my freedom list. It always was my way of staying on task.... remembering what was most important to me. I still carry that list and I still add to it when I think of something I can do or want to do. Here are a few.....

Freedom List

Wearing my wedding ring
Riding a bike with my son
Playing with my son
Fitting in a regular restroom stalls
Cuddling and not feeling self conscious
Fitting in an airplane seats, and not requiring a seatbelt extender
Long walks
Going to concerts (and fitting in the seats)
Going to sporting events (and fitting in the seats)
Going to amusement parks and knowing I can ride on any ride I want
Tying shoes like a normal person
Going roller-skating and not being scared of falling
Taking family photos or any photo’s (not hiding behind the camera)
Buying clothes at normal stores / no more plus size clothes
Being more comfortable in a bathing suit
Fitting in plastic lawn chairs
No more seat belts locking on me in the car
Being judged on ability/merit
Crossing my legs
Old 05-29-2009, 01:19 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 239/239/140

Height: 5'7"

Default "weekly-end question"

Great question! Life beyond all the excuses and limitations that I have imposed on myself....what will I DO with myself?

I have felt hampered by my weight and how people percieve me because of it. I have made that my excuse not put myself on display so to speak.

I love public speaking, and I want to speak and get paid for it. I want to be on a Speakers' Bureau, and have opportunities to inspire and motivate people.

I want to write that book or books that I have always talked about, but couldn't focus because I felt unworthy to express myself because I was fat and undisiciplined and I feared people would judge me by my weight.

I want to hike the entire length of the Appalachian trail.

I want to be healthy and see my grandchildren and great-grandchildren grown. I want to do things with them, instead of being exhausted. That is not how I want them to remember me. (Fat Gramma on the Couch" --ICK!)

I want to re-unite with my birth family, and if I find out obesity runs in the birth family, I want to just smile and say "REALLY?" As if that was the last thing I had ever considered. :>)

I want my husband to look at me the way he did 30 years ago. He is a wonderful man, who has always supported me and loves me beyond reason. I have no complaints, I just want to turn back the clock a few years and dial up the relationship for his sake and my own.

And finally, I just want to stop making excuses for not achieving my dreams. This is my LIFE, dammit! Not a stupid dress-rehearsal.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:21 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Being able to:

Get off my Blood Pressure meds.
Not to have knee surgery when I get older.
Jogging again.
Shoes that have somewhat of a heel!
Shaving my legs in the shower without a problem!
A new hairdo now that my face won't be so fat!
My picture taken...lots of them! And displaying them in photo frames all over!
Seeing my Dr's face at my next annual pap smear! (and being able to scoot to the end of the exam table without a problem..lol)
My husband being more proud of me...(not that he isn't now, but I think he would love to have his girl back the way she looked when they first met)
My daughters and go shopping with them and shop in the same area of clothing they do!
Just to be happy with the new me and love myself everytime I look in the mirror.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:51 PM   #144  
266/236/192

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyWallet View Post
Anywhere else is OK. Last time I was there it really was smelly. I have an issue with animals in captivity, and I don't want to go off on a tangent about that, but it hurts my heart. EVEN if they are being preserved and we would never get to see them any other way, it still bothers me. It just bothers me, and haunts my soul for days after.

Point taken... I was just thinking as my little one is too little for the ride things... Heritage Square would be good or Botanic Gardens. Maybe I will create a voting post this weekend.

I am fine with you all considering me a weird chick. So I would prefer somewhere else, but I will go along with the majority decision. I don't have children to bring, but I know most of you do, and they need to be entertained, I understand that.

Not weird... just special You know I am kidding and mean that in a nice way

Elitches? The Water Slide place in Thornton or Broomfield? Pirates Cove in Littleton? Botanic Gardens? City Park? "Renny" Faire? The little Kiddie Ride Place on Sheridan and 44th, I think it is called Lakeside, (with the wooden rollercoaster that needs paint?) Heritage Square in Golden with all the "old time-y shops? Mt. Falcon Park, just outside the city to the west? Red Rocks?

I can keep going here!

Last edited by Kristalin180; 05-29-2009 at 04:52 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old 05-29-2009, 04:53 PM   #145  
266/236/192

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
Great question! So, right before I started MRC I began making this list of things I wanted back.... the things I came to call my freedom list. It always was my way of staying on task.... remembering what was most important to me. I still carry that list and I still add to it when I think of something I can do or want to do. Here are a few.....

Freedom List

Wearing my wedding ring
Riding a bike with my son
Playing with my son
Fitting in a regular restroom stalls
Cuddling and not feeling self conscious
Fitting in an airplane seats, and not requiring a seatbelt extender
Long walks
Going to concerts (and fitting in the seats)
Going to sporting events (and fitting in the seats)
Going to amusement parks and knowing I can ride on any ride I want
Tying shoes like a normal person
Going roller-skating and not being scared of falling
Taking family photos or any photo’s (not hiding behind the camera)
Buying clothes at normal stores / no more plus size clothes
Being more comfortable in a bathing suit
Fitting in plastic lawn chairs
No more seat belts locking on me in the car
Being judged on ability/merit
Crossing my legs
Hi ya! I remember you mentioning the Freedom list before. Thanks for sharing. I have learned so much from so many on here I really think this is making a huge difference this time with this plan.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:55 PM   #146  
266/236/192

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyWallet View Post
Great question! Life beyond all the excuses and limitations that I have imposed on myself....what will I DO with myself?

I have felt hampered by my weight and how people percieve me because of it. I have made that my excuse not put myself on display so to speak.

I love public speaking, and I want to speak and get paid for it. I want to be on a Speakers' Bureau, and have opportunities to inspire and motivate people.

I want to write that book or books that I have always talked about, but couldn't focus because I felt unworthy to express myself because I was fat and undisiciplined and I feared people would judge me by my weight.

I want to hike the entire length of the Appalachian trail.

I want to be healthy and see my grandchildren and great-grandchildren grown. I want to do things with them, instead of being exhausted. That is not how I want them to remember me. (Fat Gramma on the Couch" --ICK!)

I want to re-unite with my birth family, and if I find out obesity runs in the birth family, I want to just smile and say "REALLY?" As if that was the last thing I had ever considered. :>)

I want my husband to look at me the way he did 30 years ago. He is a wonderful man, who has always supported me and loves me beyond reason. I have no complaints, I just want to turn back the clock a few years and dial up the relationship for his sake and my own.

And finally, I just want to stop making excuses for not achieving my dreams. This is my LIFE, dammit! Not a stupid dress-rehearsal.

I'll drag you kicking and screaming to your goals if you do the same for me
Old 05-29-2009, 04:56 PM   #147  
266/236/192

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifties Lady View Post
Being able to:

Get off my Blood Pressure meds.
Not to have knee surgery when I get older.
Jogging again.
Shoes that have somewhat of a heel!
Shaving my legs in the shower without a problem!
A new hairdo now that my face won't be so fat!
My picture taken...lots of them! And displaying them in photo frames all over!
Seeing my Dr's face at my next annual pap smear! (and being able to scoot to the end of the exam table without a problem..lol)
My husband being more proud of me...(not that he isn't now, but I think he would love to have his girl back the way she looked when they first met)
My daughters and go shopping with them and shop in the same area of clothing they do!
Just to be happy with the new me and love myself everytime I look in the mirror.
Great goals and all doable... have you be able to sign up?
Old 05-29-2009, 09:54 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Great goals and all doable... have you be able to sign up?
With everything that has interupted me from joining, I have my sight on June 8th, but we leave on vacation that following Thursday, so I'm not sure what happens if I miss my first class.....I have to give them a call and see what they say....you can bet I'm kicking myself in not signing up that first night I went in. With me being out of town so much this month, it probably wouldn't have done me any good though because I wouldn't beable to take in the classes or the WI's....I sure don't want my first few weeks that I would have paid for and not being able to make it work for me. But I have been following the plan from many of the hints and ideas I have learned here....at least I am over my caffene and sugar headaches....and I have drank so much water this last month that I could fill a swimming pool....so you all have been helping me so much along the way. The day I join, I will be using a bold and huge font to announce "I did it"!!!! So right now...you are all my MRC consultants and I have to say...you are super....I have not one complaint!

Everyone have a nice and lite weekend!!!
Old 05-29-2009, 11:37 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 279.5/195.5/166

Height: 5' 11"

Quote:
Denise I just read your essay last night and you are such an inspiration! I haven't been able to wear my wedding ring for about 8 years, but I am going to be able to wear it by the end of June!

When I reach my goal, I am going to start taking martial arts and or ballet classes. It is something I have always wanted to do, ever since I was a teenager. I also want to have really nice family portraits taken. Oh, and I am going put on a swimsuit and go to the beach and not feel like a whale that washed up on shore!

I had a great weigh in today! I signed the 45 pound board with a 2 pound loss. I have been on program 89 days and have lost 45.5 pounds. I had some temptations over Memorial weekend, but my counselor really had me refocus and she wrote on a little sticky note I will lose 1.5 pounds by Friday. Well I thought about that little sticky in my file every day and it worked!

As I was getting my HNS for the week I looked up and read the winner of the 2 free weeks and saw it was my name! I was so excited, practically jumping up and down!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 05-30-2009, 12:42 AM   #150  

S/C/G: 278/185/165

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
I vote for Mt. Falcon park-- we could bring our favorite OP lunch and have a picnic, then go for a hike (whoever is up for that!). I would also like to suggest we find a way to leave our kids at home this time; I love my kids, but I know they would be very distracting to me, and I would like to be able to focus on getting to know everyone. A Saturday in late June would work fine for me; if we're going to hike, July might be too hot! BTW, when I say "hike", I don't mean anything long or strenuous, so don't freak!--JJ
Closed Thread