Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 03:45 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/163

Height: 5'2"

Let's see if I can remember what all I wanted to say.

Thanks to all for the words of encouragement on my binge eating. Today has been totally on plan but I am still at work so hopefully I will be okay after work.

Deanna thanks for the book idea. I will get with you about lunch on Friday.

Congrats on the 5 lb loss in preconditioning.

3monkeysmomma - LOL on the running out of gas. Many years ago my mother had the same thing happen to her but my 2 older sisters were in the car. They were in HS and close to school so they got out and left her.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:14 PM   #47  
Super Maintainer

S/C/G: 357/197/maintaining

Height: 6'0"

rockijames~ I am sooo sorry my comments upset you. I never intended to kick you while you're down. After reading your post, I realized what I said could hurt you. My sense of humor gets me in trouble from time to time. Just ask my DW. I will definitely watch what I post in the future. Again, I apologize. No need to respond.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:29 PM   #48  
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone i think i posted on the old thread so i thought i would check in here. iIt has been a long while since i have posted on here due to not having a computer, Boy have i missed out on alot!! Well i did get my computer fixed yeaterday so here i am ! I restarted program due to surgery on 03/08/08 and have not done well on plan (Made wrong choices) But i am back on since monday and have a wi on sat i hope that turns out well , in the mean time i hope to meet all the newbies and i am gonna try and post daily..Its good to be back!
Old 04-23-2008, 04:31 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiah View Post
Hi everyone i think i posted on the old thread so i thought i would check in here. iIt has been a long while since i have posted on here due to not having a computer, Boy have i missed out on alot!! Well i did get my computer fixed yeaterday so here i am ! I restarted program due to surgery on 03/08/08 and have not done well on plan (Made wrong choices) But i am back on since monday and have a wi on sat i hope that turns out well , in the mean time i hope to meet all the newbies and i am gonna try and post daily..Its good to be back!
So good to have you back! Use this site, it is amazing at keeping you OP!!!
Old 04-23-2008, 04:38 PM   #50  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Welcome back!!!
Old 04-23-2008, 05:15 PM   #51  
Chillin' like a villian

S/C/G: 341/289.5/176

Height: 5'7"

Sheldon - Yay on that 5 lbs! That is awesome for the first week. Keep up the great work!

crested - And woohoo to you on the 1.5. Gotta love seeing those numbers go down.

Rocki - You poor thing. Believe me when I tell you I know how you feel. I won't repeat the "don't think it was meant that way" comments but will second them. Back to knowing how you feel... It's so hard to come on here and see everyone doing great on plan knowing that you have been screwing up and are having a hard time getting back on track. Please don't feel like you can't post about the mess ups because honestly, the accountability helps. Even if you're just being accountable to us/the center/yourself. Sometimes we need a little slap on the hand. I got a real life one on Sunday when I was at dinner with my friends (eating on plan, mind you). I admitted to a slip I had earlier that day at lunch and my friend's husband said, "Give me your hand". I did and he literally slapped the top of it (not hard). It's like when your kids reach for something they aren't supposed to. Sometimes that slap on the hand, even if it's a mental one, can help. I know that I have definitely done way better about sticking to plan since.

When it comes to cravings, they can be/are the WORST. And I'll be honest, they feel even worse after being on plan and slipping than they did the first couple of weeks! Even the slightest slip for me seems to send me into a downward spiral of wanting more, more, more. Some people can allow themselves the odd cheat here and there with no problems but some of us just can't (and I'm one of the "can't").

Just try your best to get back on track. Take it small. Go back to preconditioning if that's what you need to do and start slowly. I really don't think they would have a problem with you doing that if it would help you get back on track.

You can do this Rocki. And please, don't ever hesitate or feel like you can't come here for support. (Have you started a blog? Might want to think about it. I know it really helps me out a lot, especially here lately.)

namaste - POST 'EM woman! I've only lost 37 lbs (since Jan, some without MRC) and while I've started getting a zillion comments, I still don't see it. I've gone a size in clothes and I still don't see it. I've taken pictures recently and people have said how great I looked but I always write it off as great camera angles (it's all about the tilt of your chin and the camera being slightly elevated). I look in the mirror and because I still have SOOOOO far to go, I don't see it yet. But whatever you do, please keep that attitude you have regarding your "freedom" and don't let that self image keep you from enjoying that bike time with your son. Just remember that while you still have a ways to go, you've come incredibly far and 90 lbs ago probably wouldn't even have felt like riding that bike at all!

alexiah - Welcome back!

Well... My weigh in didn't go as expected. I was so excited when I walked in because at home this morning, I was at 309.8 and really thought I had lost that .5 I needed to sign the board. Unfortunately, I ended up being UP 1 lb so now I'm 1.5 away from that ever allusive 30 lb board. I even told them when I walked in to get the Sharpie and the camera ready because I was signing that sucker today. Totally burst my bubble, that's for sure.

I sat down and talked with my counselor for a while (she's also the center manager) and she gave me the "what-for and how-come" on my gain. And she kicked my *** a little about sticking to plan. She actually said, "You know when this all started... Vegas". And she was totally right. I've been struggling with every single pound since I got back. Vegas. Austin. Camping... All right in a row. And I've used each one as an excuse for going off plan for "just one meal".

I'm busting that pattern and I am back hardcore and with a vengeance! I'm working on 3 full days of being completely on plan. Those cravings WILL stop and I WILL stop effing up and making them come back!!!

I'm sorry this was so long guys... If I'm this bad on "paper", just imagine how badly I'd talk all your ears off in person!!!
Old 04-23-2008, 05:21 PM   #52  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by angierue View Post
namaste - POST 'EM woman! I've only lost 37 lbs (since Jan, some without MRC) and while I've started getting a zillion comments, I still don't see it. I've gone a size in clothes and I still don't see it. I've taken pictures recently and people have said how great I looked but I always write it off as great camera angles (it's all about the tilt of your chin and the camera being slightly elevated). I look in the mirror and because I still have SOOOOO far to go, I don't see it yet. But whatever you do, please keep that attitude you have regarding your "freedom" and don't let that self image keep you from enjoying that bike time with your son. Just remember that while you still have a ways to go, you've come incredibly far and 90 lbs ago probably wouldn't even have felt like riding that bike at all!
Well... My weigh in didn't go as expected. I was so excited when I walked in because at home this morning, I was at 309.8 and really thought I had lost that .5 I needed to sign the board. Unfortunately, I ended up being UP 1 lb so now I'm 1.5 away from that ever allusive 30 lb board. I even told them when I walked in to get the Sharpie and the camera ready because I was signing that sucker today. Totally burst my bubble, that's for sure.
Thank you Angierue!!!! I just love you! I won't let it ruin any of it. And you are so right.... 90lbs ago, I wouldn't even go down the bike aisle at the store!
You are so close to that 30lb board and this week is your week! I hate when that happens. You didn't wear a underwire bra did you? If so, I bet that was it! Ok, that's just my excuse at weigh in! Never really works for me though. Darn it. When is your next weigh in? The next one is yours! Promise. I can feel it.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:26 PM   #53  
Deanna

S/C/G: 190.5/170.5/150

Height: 5"8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheldon07 View Post
I had my pre-conditioning WI today and I am down 5 pounds over the last week. I feel like it's a great start and am really excited to officially get started on Friday!
What a great start! You will find much info and encouragement on this site! We are glad you are here!
Old 04-23-2008, 05:30 PM   #54  
Chillin' like a villian

LOL! Unfortunately, no underwire. I tried to blame it on the shirt but she wasn't buyin' it and wouldn't even let me be a scale stripper.

Next weigh in is on Friday and she says it's (that stupid board) is mine then. I told her I wasn't sure and maybe I could come in on Saturday morning but she said no, Friday. And I would make it. (Uh, great... Let's add some MORE pressure to me to make that board) Ha!

I'm looking into getting a bike with my "economic stimulus" check. Been checking out the Electa's. I have a coworker who is going to go bike shopping with me. He's a pretty hardcore biker and is a "former fatty" so I totally trust his opinion. I want something simple, like a Townie with 3-7 speeds and a BIG ol' comfy seat. What kind do you have?
Old 04-23-2008, 05:46 PM   #55  
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

Thanks everyone! I have a question is anyone on the mrc hoodia? If so any comments i am thinking about buying it ..it has been so hard to stay on plan after the "CHEATING" so i hear everyone on that ! I think i need something to help with the cravings but the mrc enhancer and the all day both have stimulants and i cant have them, any ideas would be helpful.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:02 PM   #56  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Redgirl how did the interview go?

Thank You donuts

Ewww we are having yucky weather today, there is a tornado warning in Gaines county and thats where my husband is driving through in his big rig. He already went through golf ball size hail. Im always nervous this time of year.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:08 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Thanks everyone! I have a question is anyone on the mrc hoodia? If so any comments i am thinking about buying it ..it has been so hard to stay on plan after the "CHEATING" so i hear everyone on that ! I think i need something to help with the cravings but the mrc enhancer and the all day both have stimulants and i cant have them, any ideas would be helpful.
Have you tried Guggal for salty cravings. It worked for me and a bit cheaper.
They say Chromium Picolinate will help with sweet cravings and aid in building muscle.

I think the Hoodia works to keep you from getting too hungry. So if you just crave food this might be what you want to look into. The new hoodia has hoodia gordonii in it. Other ingredients are gelatin, microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate, and titanium dioxide. So there should not be a stimulant to worry you.

Other things that help me....if I crave something sweet I will have a diet soda and it seems to fix it. Crunchy I will have apple chips or zucchini chips from the recipe book. Salty....use some sea salt.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:13 PM   #58  
Chillin' like a villian

We're not getting any of the good weather (and yes, I say good because I LOOOOOVE thunder storms). It's been in the upper-70's all day and overcast but we haven't had even a drop it doesn't look like it's really coming this way.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:22 PM   #59  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackzmom View Post
3MM....I have a question for ya....are we supposed to use the chili seasonings like McCormick? I was told that they have way to much salt. Is that what you are using or have you mixed up your own?
Also...I can not find bison anywhere....couldn't you use ground turkey. I bought 97% FF. or 93% FF how does that compare to the bison?
I use ground turkey for chili & taco salad. Try it, you'll like it!

ROCKI - I think Donuts was scolding you in a teasing way. I don't think he meant to hurt your feelings.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:25 PM   #60  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheldon07 View Post
I had my pre-conditioning WI today and I am down 5 pounds over the last week. I feel like it's a great start and am really excited to officially get started on Friday!
Weigh to go!!!!

Losingforhealth - Take care of you! OMGosh!!! You've been through so much scary stuff lately. I hope you're feeling better?!
Closed Thread