Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2015, 12:34 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I agree it is tricky, Shannon. I attempted to go from daily weighing to weekly weighing and ended up gaining. I felt it was because I didn't have a daily grasp on my weight despite my best intentions (eating healthy).

I really need to get exercising again. We did go golfing yesterday and I walked as much as possible--and even jogged here and there (to which DH suggested I bounced a lot).
Old 12-07-2015, 03:36 PM   #77  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Allowing a number on a device to rule your mood isn't a good idea for anyone... What kind of life is that?
Old 12-08-2015, 06:32 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

I weigh once a month now. I can tell within 2 lbs. what my weight is by looking down at my breasts and belly.

I know what I can eat every day to stay under 140 and I do it most days. Right now I can't face trying to get down to my lower "summer" range so I'm not.

I'm happy with my body. It does what it has to do every day and that's the goal now.

Dagmar
Old 12-08-2015, 08:25 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 169/135/140

Height: 5ft 5.5 in

What Mudpie said.
Old 12-08-2015, 10:08 AM   #80  
Workin' It

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
Allowing a number on a device to rule your mood isn't a good idea for anyone... What kind of life is that?
Exactly the question I've been asking myself for years now it seems. I get better, then I slide back. It is like I use it as a totem that I keep in my pocket for comfort, even when it isn't comforting.
Old 12-08-2015, 10:24 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon in ATL View Post
Exactly the question I've been asking myself for years now it seems. I get better, then I slide back. It is like I use it as a totem that I keep in my pocket for comfort, even when it isn't comforting.
I cannot say that the number on the device rules my mood. Instead, it rules my behavior. If the number has gone down from the previous day, yes, it makes me a bit happier, but it also makes me try harder to get it down again the following day. If it has gone up, it makes me reassess what I did the previous day that perhaps caused it and cut that behavior out.

Right now I'm fighting a carb issue. Recently a coworker brought a toaster to the office for everyone to use and I went out and bought bagels. I think the bagels are a bad thing for me. I ought to have less carbs and more protein in the morning.
Old 12-08-2015, 10:47 AM   #82  
Workin' It

Allison - bagels are bad for me, for sure. I can handle english muffins, but a bagel is too much carb. I definitely need more protein in the morning.
Old 12-08-2015, 11:57 AM   #83  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

You know, I simply don't understand bagels. They always seem stale to me. Next time I'm in London, I'll go to one of the bagel places there which have such good reviews.

OTOH, probably I should use the time for something else. Thinking of bagels as stale sounds like quite a useful thing to do, weight-loss-wise.
Old 12-08-2015, 12:00 PM   #84  
Workin' It

I LOVE bagels. LOVE them. I usually toast them. I really like making sandwiches with the plain ones, which is just a calorie bomb waiting to happen.
Old 12-08-2015, 12:19 PM   #85  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Some people's moods and attitudes are shaped by TENTHS of a pound. TENTHS. I don't understand it. Might as well blame it on the phase of the moon as anything one is doing or not doing.
Old 12-08-2015, 03:54 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Some people's moods and attitudes are shaped by TENTHS of a pound. TENTHS. I don't understand it. Might as well blame it on the phase of the moon as anything one is doing or not doing.
So if you eat 3 extra grapes or peanuts or anything equally small you can potentially disrupt your entire next day. That's too harsh! : or ?

Dagmar
Old 12-09-2015, 09:53 AM   #87  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

We haven't had bagels in the house for a long time, but DS apparently picked up from the more experienced swimmers that a bagel loaded with cream cheese tastes pretty good after a 5:30-7am swim practice. Calories are a major concern for him, but in the opposite direction - he has trouble finding the time to consume enough of them to fuel 4 hours of practice per day. They smell good, and I occasionally swipe the leftover cheese smears off the knife, but I don't find them all that attractive (thank goodness!!). Bagel chips ... different story entirely!

Some victories - I have survived sugar detox, and am now training my eyes on significant alcohol reductions. Kinect was hooked up by DS and if something prevents swim practice tonight, I will play with that instead. And the replacement plug for my BOSU arrived. Bless their hearts - BOSU ships repair/replacement parts free.

My scale only weighs in 0.5 increments, though I can discern by the way it wavers whether it's above or below. I tend to avoid long-term irritants, and I think this may be why I am having some trouble remembering to weigh daily at this point. I *know* what it's going to tell me. I'll commit to jumping back on toward the end of next week. There's girl-stuff to deal with (never good scale news), and some more diet/activity tweaks. I need to see a bit of progress on the pants-o-meter front first.
Old 12-09-2015, 12:28 PM   #88  
Workin' It

Good job on the sugar detox, Becky. Let me know what you think of Kinect - DH has been doing yoga the last two weeks and it is kicking his butt.

I'm doing okay so far this week. Right now I am starving, so it is about time to get lunch I believe.

Jay & Dagmar - I'm not typically bothered by tenths of pounds, other than minor annoyance if it is like .1 and I wanted .9 lower. LOL
Old 12-10-2015, 04:35 PM   #89  
in development

I did try to post about mince pies but deleted it all as it's obviously more complicated that I realised. And I don't have the time at the present moment.

Walked yesterday. Achy today. Stretched today. Achy tonight. Let's put it all down to healing.

Going to bed now.
Old 12-12-2015, 08:46 AM   #90  
in development

Things have been going well in the weight loss section. For me, that seems to be the mid-section at present. So that's all very good news.

Today is not going so well, though. The rain has been heavy and relentless with very strong squalls. This morning I got soaked to the skin, despite wearing waterproofs, whilst hunting and gathering and sorting out my sister's Christmas present. Obviously I wasn't wearing enough waterproofs, or they're much too old. I was so cold and wet I bought something with sugar in it to help me out. And then I ate too much of it. As I said, not so good.

I got to work where I plan to work for the rest of the day. I've stripped off my trousers and am wearing a maroon fleece blanket, full-length kilt style. I've filled my emergency hot water bottle (for my back). Ready!

Then I realised that today I'm working on a text about cold weather. I've just finished 'trench foot', complete with illustrations. Next is 'chilblains', also with illustrations.

I'll just leave it there. I thought you'd like a small insight into someone else's Saturday.
Closed Thread