Old 05-11-2006, 10:32 AM   #721  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

DF--maybe you shouldn't have found the site!!! I will accept mine if you will--you DO NOT look anything like Chelsea Clinton or Jason Biggs!!!! I guess it just takes certain features but geez... We can both accept Felicity Huffman and be twins! I only got the 2 celebs--maybe I should try another photo. I used to get teased for having such a loooong face so I was afraid of getting Mr. Ed!! LOL.

Hey--good going on the dress--hope you find more you like--have fun sandal shopping--I gotta look around for clothes for our family pictures--we were instructed to wear certain colors by MIL!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 10:54 AM   #722  

S/C/G: 181.4/147.6/125

Height: 5'1"

Hey Boo- what herbal tea was recommended to you for water retention??? I have a major problem with bloating that sometimes even the lemon water doesn't help.....
m_everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 10:56 AM   #723  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

boo- the long face is what is getting me Jason Biggs (maybe the schnoz and smile, too). He has a nice big smile, so I can deal with that). My face was always round when I was bigger, but last month I asked my hair lady what my face shape was and suggested round. SHe was like "no way...your face is long." That explains why I always feel so droopy looking when my haircut gets too long. I just scheduled my hair appt for tomorrow since the wedding is like in 2 weeks or less and I also want to look good when I see my family. I didn't have the heart to mention the free highlights b/c my hair lady didn't answer and they said her mother was very ill. I will see if she mentions them tomorrow since I would have to make a repeat trip there anyway (DS can't sit through all that highlighting). She is a really good person and was the soul caregiver for her mentally challenged bro. until he died and now she is the caregiver for her mom. She had to put her in a home which her siblings (who don't help) rode her about, but she still does all the doctor visits and stuff with her mom.

Off to a $6 brow wax. Let the primping begin for mother's day!
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 10:57 AM   #724  
PurpleSunshine

Marisa - Congrats on the loss!!!

Well girlies about my steak - welll, I have to tell you - I didn't get to have it - I was so sad. I went back to the massage therapist yesterday and I ran late getting to gymnastics so DH couldn't go home and get supper done - We actually ended up stopping at subway - but it was good - so by the time I get that Steak - now planned for Friday night - it will absolutely yummy and hopefully tender tender tender - b/c it would've been marinating for like 3 days.......I told DH I hope it doesn't go bad...I really want that steak!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 11:02 AM   #725  
Brooklyn Mommy of 2

Good Morning Chicks! Hope all is well. Dairy - I understand how you feel w/ the park thing, we go to a playground that is mostly for toddlers but occasionally the bigger kids will be there and they are "off the hook" as the youngin's say. Cussing, yelling and just being plan rough; I'm just surprised that the mom didn't say anything to you after you reprimanded them. That's happened to me where I will says something to some wild kids and the parent has the nerve to wanna get mad at me. Please, I bite my tongue for no one and if you can't control your own kid, I'll be darned if your bad a$$ kids are gonna influence my little bad a$$. It's so frustrating some times how no matter how much good and positivity you give your kids, you can't control completely the outside and other peoples crazy kids! My boy came home from school the other day talking about guns and shooting, he doesn't even watch anything other than Noggin and we certainly don't have guns at home. DH and i had to sit and talk to him about how guns are dangerous, can hurt people and our family doesn't believe in guns. I tell you this crazy city really gets to me some times.

In my new avatar my little one is a wiggle worm, I can never get a clear pic of him!

Last edited by Denise Wilson; 05-11-2006 at 11:12 AM.
Denise Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 11:07 AM   #726  
Brooklyn Mommy of 2

I'm gonna go WI today so please pray for me...But I've been good for the last 3 days so I am thinking positive thoughts!
Old 05-11-2006, 11:19 AM   #727  
PurpleSunshine

Denise - Your new pic/avatar is gorgeous!! you're beautiful and from what I can see - you have an awesome complexion --- and smile!!!! on top of that - two beautiful kids!!!

Good luck at WI - sending lots of LOSER : your way!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 11:26 AM   #728  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

OMG Denise, your older son is completely delicious, just about the cutest face EVER!
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 11:36 AM   #729  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Good Morning Chickies!!! Sounds like we are off and running already this morning. I sailed through my fire inspection yesterday, now I just have to worry about safety and sanitation next week and I will be done. Whew, I will be glad to have it all over with. I have been struggling with a hard TOM and cravings. I have been POP for the most part, except for making the mistake of buying a tub of chocolate Cool Whip. Have you guys ever had that stuff? Dang, it is good. I finally handed it to my kids with a spoon yesterday, and they finished it for me. It did good things for my colon, however, so I really can't complain too much. You Harry Potter fans will understand when I say that I think someone used a prank hex on me that was purchased from Fred and George Weasley's joke shop. I belive it is called You-No-Poo.

Aggie- Where are you gonna practice? I want you to be my Dr. chickie! As for the boobs, I go through the same thing every month. I think part of my problem is that my bras are too big and not doing much for me. I have been really sore and swollen the last few days. Hot baths are the way to go for me, though.

HeatherCP- Don't worry about the ribs, the sodium was probably the biggest no no, and it will go away pretty quick.

Deets- DO we live on the same street? We have the biggest brats here, too. I cannot believe what their parents let them get away with. 6 and seven year olds, totally unsupervised, speeding up and down the road on 4 wheelers and go carts. Someone is gonna get hurt one of these days.

Mary- I hate situations like that. Good for you for telling them off. I had a 7 year old screaming her head off here yesterday because a 3 year old was "being mean to her". I told her to be 7, and quit fighting with the babies.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 11:39 AM   #730  
LAWL/gold since oct. 2005

Height: 5'8

I just had to come here and let you guys know I just got back from WI and I am down to 160.6! The 150's are so close I can taste it. That means I lost the 4 I gained this weekend ( I know that was mostly water, but it had me scared) and then an additional pound. I am not going to change my ticker yet, I did that last time and I felt like I was lying because I only stayed 161 for about 5 minutes. But I am so happy, I have worked so hard this week. Thanks you guys you inspire me and keep me in check.
Lisa
ljackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 11:43 AM   #731  
LAWL/gold since oct. 2005

Height: 5'8

Katie- where did you find the chocolate cool whip? My DH and I were wondering if they made that, I think it would be soo good. I am loving the french vanilla flavor, but the strawberry just tasted like chemicals. I appreciate your Harry Potter joke I am a big fan. I can not wait until the next book and movie come out.
ljackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 11:44 AM   #732  
Brooklyn Mommy of 2

Thanks you guys...As far as my oldest (his name is Omari) the way i see it is that the cuter they are the worst they are!!! I've come to this realization that it's Mother nature's plan so that we don't ring their cute little necks! Ohhh, Dairy I also have any Eli, my baby is Elijah.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:44 AM   #733  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

Good luck Denise! I'm thinking good thoughts for you!

Warning: Soapbox ahead! One of my biggest pet peeves in the whole world is rude, unruley, unsupervised kids. I personally have no problem taking on the parenting duties for misguided children! I have marched kids over to their parents and made them tell what they did. I have marched parents over to their kids and SHOWN them what they are doing. I have thrown kids off my property, told them to get out of the street, and actually sat one poor terrified little girl down and called her mom, then DCFS. I work very hard to instill manners and morals in my kids, and the so-called grown ups that don't work with me just send me over the edge!

My DS, 8 at the time, was grocery shopping with me one day. There was an elderly lady leaving the store at the same time as we were. She had 2 sacks and a gallon of milk, and was struggling to carry it all. It was cold and slippery out. So, DS looks at me and starts to ask.... I said yes, go ahead and he offers to carry the lady's milk and a sack for her. She hands them over to him without a word, he follows her to her car and stands there patiently while she fumbles her keys out of her purse (meanwhile, she's handed him her OTHER sack as well). She gets the car open, literally snatches her stuff from my son and get in, slamming the car door. DS comes back to me in tears, and says "She didn't even say Thank you, Mom." I was really mad, but I asked DS, "Did you do it for the Thank You, or because it was the right thing to do?" He gave me the patented 8 year old "DUH" look and said "Well, it WAS the right thing, otherwise I wouldn't have offered, but JEEEZ Mom, she was just rude!" Needless to say, he got a big hug and a thank you from me.... OK, I'm soapboxing again......

Here's to a POP day for everyone!
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 11:47 AM   #734  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Great job Lisa!

Denise- Great new picture, and GL at WI!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 11:49 AM   #735  
Brooklyn Mommy of 2

Lori, you've done good! It looks like you've got a great son. I hope my boys turn out to be like him.