Old 11-05-2007, 12:09 PM   #16  
Donna

S/C/G: 184 / 182 / 140

Height: 5'2"

Thank you Amy, that's a good idea and would save me some $$$$, I've been walking and thought it may help kick start the weight loss as I have not had much success.
TimeForThinnerMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 12:22 PM   #17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katy66 View Post
Kim - Thanks, how much? Just trying to stay POP
I use one .75 oz skim string mozarella cheese to add to the slimfast.
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 12:29 PM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeForThinnerMe View Post
So I checked out the gym near my house and think I’ll join and start going to some classes. Now my next worry is that I’m guessing I’ll be the heaviest person in the class and in the beginning not be able to keep up. I realize you have to start somewhere but it bothers me. I have all the obstacles out of my way except for ‘me’ - I guess I have to suck it up and just go for ME.

Did / do any of you guys experience this?

Thanks guys.
Hi Donna,
I know that I had the same worry about a fitness facility as you are voicing, but I actually joined 2 months before I started this program and I found that, especially if you go during the day, there is a variety of sizes of people at my club. So don't worry - just do it if that will work best for you. It also helps relieve tension.

But here is another idea that almost everyone can do if you have stairs in your home. Start the day by going up and down the stairs a few times just to jumpstart your metabolism. This am I went down and up 4 times. We just have stairs to the basement and for me, that works fine. If you can only do 1 or 2 at first, that is fine. If you do this several times a day, it only takes 2 or 3 minutes each time. Every little thing that we do helps in the long run. Many of us lead such a sedentary life at our computers.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:32 PM   #19  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Height: 5'6"

I just got a new student this morning. The class is in PE right now. Before they left, he had been in here for 30 minutes and had tattled SEVENTEEN times! I finally pulled him aside and told him that that wasn’t the best way to make friends at a new school! My favorite tattle: “Mrs. Pate, that boy called me a name!” “What did he call you?” “Timothy.” “Honey, that’s your name!”

I'm doing TO today and tomorrow. I totally lost the battle with the Halloween candy and was up a pound at WI on Saturday. Actually I thought it was going to be MUCH worse. DH had been gone all week and I tend to eat junk when he's not around because I don't want to cook just for me. I found myself eating crap with the kids several times. Their food wasn't necessarily unhealthy. It just wasn't on my plan!! Anyway, I'm hoping TO will get me back on track. Last time I did it, I lost a little over 5 pounds. I hope to have the same result (or better) this time!!
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 12:33 PM   #20  
Donna

Lynn, I like your mottos....inspiring - good idea.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:39 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Donna, I joined the gym when I was oh... 55 pounds heavier than I currently am, so I did feel like a rather large person there. Actually, depending on the gym, you may be surprised to see lots of normal people in there. The one I go to tends to have older (and fatter) gym goers. I know some other gyms cater to your more young and beautiful people. Anyway, if you feel that you need to get your fitness level up a bit, it might be good to start with a yoga or pilates class and also doing some work on the elliptical trainer or tread mill to start getting you into better cardio shape. I go to classes now, but it took me awhile to get my fitness level up to a point where that was a good idea. Don't over do it, as you want to make it enjoyable as possible so you keep going. You don't have to get super fit in a week, so just give it time. Pilates is especially good for over all core strength... I should go back to doing it, as it is a good workout (I used to go with my daughter but since she has left for college it seems too sad to go by myself).

I was so encouraged yesterday I got on the scale and it was down 3 pounds! then today I got on and it was back up 1.5... I just realized that the high weigh in I had the other day (the one that induced the candy tantrum) was after I had eaten the chicken and apple sausage from costco and I had the leftovers from that last night... so I suspect sodium, but I did not read the label on those, so probably was it.... So no more of that stuff for me (which was kind of not all the good on plan anyway I suspect).

So today I have shifted down to gold plan. I'm not going to psych myself into believing that I'm starving before it happens though. I got up and did 4 miles on the tread mill this morning, and I'm happy that I only have 6 more miles to go on that 50 mile challenge.

Happy monday everyone, especially Katie the lurker

Last edited by BarbaraB; 11-05-2007 at 12:40 PM.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 12:41 PM   #22  
Donna

Oh Lynn, that is a GREAT idea and we have a flight of 10-12 stairs to upstairs then 8 stairs coming down to basement where my office is ..... I don't know why I didn't think of this.....I can do this in between conference calls and such - go up and back down a couple of times a few times a day and build up to more 'up and down' each time.

Again, thank you that is a great idea and goodness knows I can certainly do that.
I'm excited now!
It's about time to make lunch and I think I'll start on the Stairs Now.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:42 PM   #23  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Donna.......as far as exercise......I am currently not doing any exercise, which is not the way to go.......but when I was exercising.........I just bit the bullet.......I went the the YMCA cuz it seemed like a more family friendly environment (not necessarily cuz I wanted to bring the kids, but because I was hoping to see more fatties like me there......). When I signed up, they set me up with a personal trainer, for free, for like 21 days or something. He gave me a tour and helped me set up a basic program. He worked out with me a few days, and then I was on my own, but could find him if I had questions. He was super nice and completely non-judgemental.

Walking is VERY good exercise, but that coupled with weight training is your best bet for WL. Personally, I had to go to a gym because I needed to get over thinking the whole world was as worried about my being overweight as I was. People generally don't care. And, you would be suprised how quickly your body responds to exercise. If the gym you are thinking of going to does not offer a couple of free personal trainig sessions.....it might be worth the $$$ to make an appointment to see one. They are trained not only to help you get physically fit, but to be your cheerleader.....your gym buddy!!!

Ok.......now I am thinking why the heck am I not taking my own advice. I will try to get a walk in today. I am NOT dealing with the gym/daycare drama at this point in my life......but I certainly CAN go for a stinkin' walk, right?

So, I was a complete *** yesterday as far as eating. I watched football all day and night.....GO PACKERS........and that's all I am going to say about that. I thougth about doing FF today, but I decided to just stay POP today. I may do FF another day this week, but not sure. I really hate not eating any starches or fruits.

Ok, must go change the laundry......there is a mountain of it down there
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 12:48 PM   #24  
Donna

Barbara and Nocole, thanks to you guys too....our postings crossed at same time. I can't tell you guys how much I appreciate your replies and wonderful ideas. I think I need to bite the bullet and go so I can get over thinking exactly like you were saying Nicole (to get over thinking the whole world was as worried about my being overweight as I am). This week I'm going start back with my daily walks and maybe get up 3.5 miles and do the stairs and next week I think I'll join the gym.

Thanks again, you guys are awesome and I sincerly appreicate your thoughts and comments.

I hope ya'l have a great day - I see the stairs, a walk and lunch in my very near future.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:53 PM   #25  

Thanks Donna - twice
As far as the mottos - you can come up with your own personal ones. It is a great way to stay inspired.

Or just chant your goal weight several times to yourself when you are facing a food challenge.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:59 PM   #26  
MyBoysNMe2

S/C/G: 168/134.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Good Monday morning everyone!

Just been doing my usual lurking but wanted to tell Nicole..WOOO HOOO I love the Packers!

KimS
myboysnme2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 01:03 PM   #27  
-- Karen --

S/C/G: 165/143/140

Height: 5' 6"

Hi Everyone,
hope everybody had a great weekend. I am jealous Felicia of your warm weather. We had snow here yesterday and it is like minus 3 here today - in Farenheit - just a little below freezing. I wish we had warm weather.

Its been a while since I have posted, and see there are a few new faces, so welcome all you new ones. This is a great place to hang out.

As for me, I am feeling stuck in a rut. I can't seem to get the scale to move. I am going to try kicking things into gear again here this week, and really be pop. I have been sort of pop, but have had the flu the past month, so following plan perfectly was a challenge, and also with the flu, not getting a lot of exercise. Anyway, I am forging ahead with new determination, and my plan is to lose this final 4 lbs by Christmas. That shouldn't be that hard.
So, feel free to give me a kick in the butt, because I feel like I need one.

Okay now that I have vented a bit I feel better. Thanks for putting up with me!

Everyone have a great day. I am off to finish my laundry, have to run a few errands, and then going to get on my treadmill this aft. I go back to work tomorrow, so I will try to check in later and see what everyone is up to.
slim n trim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 01:42 PM   #28  
SkinnyMini-to-Be :)

S/C/G: 200/check the ticker/130

Ignore my post in last week's thread.. it's been a hectic morning

Just dropping in to say hello!

I'll come back thru and check in on everyone when things slow down a bit
EmilyLashea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 01:46 PM   #29  
Post-Master

Hey guys. I just sent a Bavarian Pretzel recipe to the Pure chef....and I can't wait to see how they count it. It is a really fun food to make with the kids....as they can form their own pretzels They are also very delicious. I probably won't hear back from them until friday or monday.....but I am super d duper excited
XOXO
Old 11-05-2007, 01:47 PM   #30  
Post-Master

P.S. Hi Karen.........check in every day....it always helps me. The days I avoid 3fc are my bad days

Hey Lurker KimS.........Kristen is a huge fan also

Hi Emily
XOXO