Old 04-03-2007, 08:12 AM   #121  
Katie

Height: 5'1

I was exercising a lot when they put me on red with lites. Now life keeps getting in the way of exercise, and I have not been able to get to the gym nearly as much. I am doing lunas on the gold plan. That looks like a pretty good strategy to break it all up. Thanks Joni!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 08:54 AM   #122  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Good morning all! I may have gone over a bit at Passover dinner, but I think I went under in other areas so I hope it equals out. One more dinner to get through tonight.

Katie - That little puppy looks adorable!

Vic - I used to say that if I won the lottery I would do it too. Then I realized that I'm not getting any younger and I don't want to spend the next 25 years in the legal field. I'm taking out student loans to pay for the whole thing and working and going to school at the same time. I'm running on faith and the belief that things will work out. The happiest (and some of the most successful) people are those that decided to follow their dream instead of staying in the "safe" route. So I'm going for it.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:06 AM   #123  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Cassie- You are my hero. Seriously.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:54 AM   #124  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hey everyone. i've got the day off today and was thinking about going to COD either today or thursday...not sure yet.
not much happening here today. i need to go and pick up a few things to send the kids for easter. and get myself some allergy pills. it's pollen season here in NC and i never knew i had allergies until i moved here. my face hurts so badly. anyways...not much else to say right now, except i'm tired and really need to workout today...i kinda skipped it yesterday.

be back later.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:55 AM   #125  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone

I WI this am just to see if my crappy loss last week was a fluke......nope, indeed it was not. I am almost wondering if I need to switch down a plan.......especially after hearing about Katie's switch. I"m such a joiner. What plan are you currently on, Cassi? We are pretty close in weight (you are a bit lighter than me).......and I know I was on the border of two plans a few pounds lighter ago. I am doing the special K bars right now......and I really kind of think they added too many calories for me. What do you think?

I have my job interview this afternoon.......and I am trying to decide if I even want to go.................

Anyway.......have to go make sure ODD is getting ready for school.

I will catch up with you all later
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:56 AM   #126  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Cassi- you are absolutely right. Oprah always says 'do what you love' and I always thought - "yeah, if I was as rich as Oprah I could do what I love, but instead I do what I have to do to pay the bills" Well, as I get more miserable with each passing day, I realize she may be on to something. (The school counselor and I always joke that a little bit of our souls die everyday we walk into this place! - personnel politics, not the kids) It takes a great leap of faith to do what you are doing, but in the long run, you will be better off. Good luck - and we want a new picture of you in your whites.

Katie - OMG, that puppy is beautiful! Of course, it's also bigger than my dog, but how cute! I'm sure it will be hard to sell him, but yeah, 3 GD would be a lot in one house.

I won the NCAA pool at work - gotta find out how rich I am (not)!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:05 AM   #127  
Kim - IP 9/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLem311 View Post
it's pollen season here in NC and i never knew i had allergies until i moved here. my face hurts so badly.

Jillian - kind of reminds me of my brother - he's 13 years older than me and tortured me incessantly (of course I love him to death!) He would always say to me " DOes your face hurt?" "It's killing ME!" so childish.

Anyway - DH has awful allergies - he finally went on a FLonase inhaler and it is like night and day. I hope you get some relief.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:06 AM   #128  
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

Height: 5'1"

Juliemarie - I'm very excited for you. Make sure you give Josie a big hug for all of us when you finally see her. Don't worry about the weight just do the best you can for right now. You'll get into a swing once she's home with you and you settle into a routine.

Letisha - You're welcome? I sure hope I didn't offend anyone, seemed an open topic! If I did please forgive me.

Katie - The puppy is adorable but he looks bigger than my son did at birth! The momma is probably looking at you like you're insane for suggesting she have more!

Mamabanana - Yep, COD said count the popcorn as 1 starch.

Cassie - I envy you. I really hate what I do but have no idea what else I'd be interested in, other than being an independently wealthy, bon-bon eatin, couch potato. Congrats on you choice and I hope all your dreams come true.
smjezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:06 AM   #129  
Kim - IP 9/10

Nicole - go on the interview, even if it is just to see what it is all about. You can always decline the job.

Good luck!
Old 04-03-2007, 10:18 AM   #130  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Joni/Katie-it must be an epidemic (I hope!)-cuz I'm also down 2 lbs this morning! I had a POP day yesterday and it had challenges-because of a church thing-I ate dinner at 4:30pm-and finished all my exchanges. After church-I went home and watched 24 and did the whole wandering into the kitchen and looking in the fridge and cupboards thing. Closing the doors, rinse, lather, repeat . . . . . I was so hungry by 10-i just went to bed before I caved . . . .

Shannon-If I was just gaining a couple of pounds-I probably wouldn't worry-but I gained 12 pounds in the last month. Yeah . . I said it. I wasn't going to . . . .but there it is. I had one binge on top of another-Taco Bell, Mcdonalds, pizza, KFC, a bag of peanut butter M&Ms (one of the big ones), more easter candy, cake, tator tots . . . . . if I craved it-I ate it. Then I got mad at myself and ate more. It's a vicious cycle-and I had to stop it. I eat when I'm happy, sad, frustrated, angry, stressed . . . I wish I could find an emotion that made me have no appetite.

Jeez-I can't believe I told you guys all that. How embarassing. . .

I changed my ticker too . . . .who was I kidding?

Last edited by juliemarie; 04-03-2007 at 10:27 AM.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:26 AM   #131  
Kim - IP 9/10

JulieMarie - don't worry - it's not like we all haven't been there. Recently.

I guess we can lose all the weight we can, but we really need to re-program ourselves to the change. Did anyone read the latest People magazine? There is an article about some people who went through weight loss surgery and replaced their food obsession with other destructive behaviors. Compulsive shopping, Alcoholism, drugs. Very interesting article.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:28 AM   #132  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Nicole - I'm on purple until 181 (with a 3 or 4 pound leeway, so I think they could switch me at 184-185). You are taller than me, though, so maybe you are closer to the switch spot.

And Kim is right. Go to the interview even if it's just to see what it's about. You can always decline and keep in good with them by saying the hours just won't work with your schedule or something.

And thanks for all of your support on the school thing, guys. I feel really brave for even attempting this, but I'm also VERY nervous. Not about school, because I know I'll love that, even with the hours, but it's the debt of the school and not knowing what I'm doing next. If I take a job in a traditional restaurant I am cutting my salary in half, which I cannot afford. That's why I want to get into catering or open my own place, which would probably be breakfast/lunch. I have a few other ideas too, like offering cooking classes (maybe a singles night, or birthday parties) to generate revenue in the off-times. Who knows? I just have to take the first step and keep the positive energy coming my way. Things always work out.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:32 AM   #133  
Let's try this again . .

Nicole-they're right-go to the interview. It's good to keep those interviewing skills sharp . . . .even if you decline the job.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:35 AM   #134  
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

Height: 5'1"

Juliemarie - I think you've done remarkably well considering everything you're dealing with. I'm an emotional eater too, well I think probably most of us are and that's why we're here! Give yourself a break, you have enough to deal with right now without beating yourself up over this. You slipped, you know it, jump back on and move on. Next time you feel that nervous urge to eat, go back in Josie's room and paint a flower, rearrange the furniture, refold the clothes, clean the windows. Just do anything to keep yourself occupied. You're just nervous and anxious and that's completely normal considering. Hang in there!
smjezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:54 AM   #135  
Let's try this again . .

Yeah-messing with the clothes is pretty fun!