Old 01-17-2017, 04:30 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 95.6/75.6/65.6

Height: 165

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskiesbabiesmama View Post
Well, I think my weigh-in went well. I'm down 7 lbs. My coach was pleased. She said not to stress too much about the veggies, that she has a really hard time eating that much veggies every single day, as well. So that's encouraging.

I got all sorts of new goodies to eat this week. I'm excited to try all this new stuff.

Oh, yes, the part I'm really happy about - my body fat % is already down 1.5%! May not seem big, but seeing that difference on my printouts is SO nice!
Congratulations!
fitnhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 08:44 AM   #107  
Started IP 12/16/16

S/C/G: 209/143/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskiesbabiesmama View Post
Well, I think my weigh-in went well. I'm down 7 lbs. My coach was pleased. She said not to stress too much about the veggies, that she has a really hard time eating that much veggies every single day, as well. So that's encouraging.

I got all sorts of new goodies to eat this week. I'm excited to try all this new stuff.

Oh, yes, the part I'm really happy about - my body fat % is already down 1.5%! May not seem big, but seeing that difference on my printouts is SO nice!
Congrats on your initial weigh in and % fat loss! Any loss is a good loss!
Lita2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 09:53 AM   #108  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lita2 View Post
Congrats on your initial weigh in and % fat loss! Any loss is a good loss!
Thank you! I still can't quite bring myself to feel anything about it. I think I'll get more excited when I can actually see the improvements.
huskiesbabiesmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 09:53 AM   #109  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitnhappy View Post
Congratulations!
Thank you!
Old 01-18-2017, 05:07 PM   #110  

Morning all!
Was just drinking my morning dark cocoa pudding as a shake (we don't even have shakes available in Aus!) and thinking that twelve days ago I thought it would be impossible for me to give up Coke Zero and the associated caffeine I thought I needed to survive each day with four young children, but I have quite easily! Crazy!! Lol
Old 01-18-2017, 06:27 PM   #111  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Morning all!
Was just drinking my morning dark cocoa pudding as a shake (we don't even have shakes available in Aus!) and thinking that twelve days ago I thought it would be impossible for me to give up Coke Zero and the associated caffeine I thought I needed to survive each day with four young children, but I have quite easily! Crazy!! Lol
One of the best things I did on IP the first time was to give up soda completely - I have a diet coke in a restaurant about 3 or 4 times a year - mostly I opt for iced tea and water instead. At home i drink decaff chai tea as a flavoring to my water... about an ounce will give me a nicely diluted 20 oz water.

But I am so glad to have stopped the sodas - I know it is more healthy without them, and a whole lot of artificial sweetener that i do not need to take in.

A lot of protein shakes make pudding when you use less water - I often wonder how different IP puddings are from the shakes and I have often used them with extra water as drinks instead of pudding... You are being resourceful to get what you feel is important - way to go!!
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 06:51 PM   #112  
Started IP 12/16/16

Quote:
Morning all!
I need to try the pudding as a shake. Sounds good! I love dark chocolate.
Old 01-18-2017, 10:13 PM   #113  
Restarted IP Jan 16, 2017

S/C/G: 260/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi everybody! I'm jumping in to introduce myself. My name is Annie, and I did IP a few years ago and had awesome results until I had to stop due to an emergency surgery and nasty recovery. And then... well... things all fell apart. I'd lost my IP mojo and gained back a whole bunch of weight. But I know IP works because it worked for me! So I'm back now, for reals. I'm glad to be among all of you. These boards were a huge strength to me last time around. :-)
IdealAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 07:31 PM   #114  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealAnnie View Post
Hi everybody! I'm jumping in to introduce myself. My name is Annie, and I did IP a few years ago and had awesome results until I had to stop due to an emergency surgery and nasty recovery. And then... well... things all fell apart. I'd lost my IP mojo and gained back a whole bunch of weight. But I know IP works because it worked for me! So I'm back now, for reals. I'm glad to be among all of you. These boards were a huge strength to me last time around. :-)
Welcome!
Old 01-19-2017, 07:33 PM   #115  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lita2 View Post
I need to try the pudding as a shake. Sounds good! I love dark chocolate.
I did pudding as a shake a couple days ago (I'm not a pudding person, so I didn't even try it as pudding). It tasted just like the chocolate drink to me. And since I put about 12 oz of water in it I decided it was better for me that way. Lol
Old 01-19-2017, 08:59 PM   #116  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealAnnie View Post

Sorry for your surgery and recuperation problems - hopefully you are much better from all that! And we are glad to you have you return to your IP journey with us!
Old 01-20-2017, 03:46 AM   #117  

Hi all so nice to read other people's journeys on here. Welcome to Annie as well
I emailed my coach about the possibility of purchasing individual packets and she said it's not an option, bummer! After my horrendous experience with the dill pickle zippers I am scared to try a few other things they have (esp at $43 a box) in case I don't like them. Have been reading tonnes of recipe ideas & compiling a list of things to try with the products I can buy and already like.

I really like the dark cocoa pudding partially frozen for my snack, feels almost like a treat! I always use ice in my 'shakes' and whizz them up so they are nice and frothy. I like the orange drink with heaps of ice whizzed up like a slushie on these really hot days too.

About to do my food log and relax with my husband seeing as it's Friday night and the kids are all in bed. Have a great day/night
Old 01-20-2017, 01:13 PM   #118  
Started IP 12/16/16

Quote:
Hi all so nice to read other people's journeys on here. Welcome to Annie as well
I emailed my coach about the possibility of purchasing individual packets and she said it's not an option, bummer! After my horrendous experience with the dill pickle zippers I am scared to try a few other things they have (esp at $43 a box) in case I don't like them. Have been reading tonnes of recipe ideas & compiling a list of things to try with the products I can buy and already like.

I really like the dark cocoa pudding partially frozen for my snack, feels almost like a treat! I always use ice in my 'shakes' and whizz them up so they are nice and frothy. I like the orange drink with heaps of ice whizzed up like a slushie on these really hot days too.

About to do my food log and relax with my husband seeing as it's Friday night and the kids are all in bed. Have a great day/night
That is a bummer that you cannot get your IP products by the packet. I can at my clinic and it makes life so much easier.
Old 01-20-2017, 01:15 PM   #119  
oneuh2

Quote:

I think you could sell your IP foods you do not like -- there is a FB page for selling IP stuff - group name is: IP Food Exchange - Buy, Trade and Sell
and the Ideal Protein Alternatives group is another place you might find a buyer... of course eBay can work for you too.

I like the Salt and Vinegar Crisps - I am not fond of flavored potatoe chips, so these are the one's that work for me - I have a bag of those along with a salad as a nice crunchy lunch. You might find them a good alternative to the zippers. Zippers are restricted items I think, but the crisps are not.

I did the pudding in my Ninja with ice cubes yesterday and thought I might like it even better if I made it up and put it in the freezer.

Also - for those items you have bought but do not like - check out the recipes here on 3FC for stuff you can do with them - I am about to make some packet muffins right now - and packets can be made into pancakes too. That choc cake that Ro22 talks about is calling to me also. You would be amazed at what you can do with a packet.

Hang in - this really will work if you hang in and follow the protocol.
Old 01-20-2017, 03:37 PM   #120  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone!

Congrats, huskiesbabies!

Fitnhapopy and Oneuh, I also stopped drinking diet sodas the day that I first joined IP in June 2012. I hadn't had drop since New Year's this year. I had a few sips in a restaurant and it did nothing for me. I really haven't missed them, and I had been drinking 1 or 2 Diet Cokes per day for years. I feel great that they no longer go into my body!

Hi IdealAnnie! Welcome back!

I love chocolate, so I start my day with a Proti-Thin RTD Chocolate drink. It's easy, not too expensive, and has become a routine for me when I'm on P1. If I can get to my clinic, I'll usually have a few IP RTE Chocolate Puddings in the fridge, but usually I just have a bar for my snack and that fulfills my chocolate craving for the day. I'm aware that substitutions are not really great for me, as that feeds my desire for the taste, but, oh well. Anything to move this along! Can't wait to try these recipes that have been posted!

Going out of town tomorrow, so I'll have to plan well and take food with me. I know I can do this just fine.

Have a good weekend, everyone. Stay safe.
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote