Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 02:06 PM   #76  
started IP 7/23/14

S/C/G: 264.4/161.4/164

Height: 5'3''

Today marks 6 months of IP for me. Home scale (which has been bouncing all over the place this week) shows me a smidge less than 75 lbs down for today. That is worth celebrating!

Last edited by loser58; 01-23-2015 at 02:07 PM.
Old 01-23-2015, 10:11 PM   #77  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by loser58 View Post
Today marks 6 months of IP for me. Home scale (which has been bouncing all over the place this week) shows me a smidge less than 75 lbs down for today. That is worth celebrating!
Definitely worth celebrating!!! I had just gotten above the 50 lb mark when I hit my 6 month anniversary on Jan 9th. You are doing fabulous!!!

Pebbles - I am jealous of your loss this week - so glad your scale reading is still on the downward slope!!!
Old 01-23-2015, 10:19 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by loser58 View Post
That's wonderful!! Great job hitting a big milestone

Had my annual check up with my endocrinologist today - blood pressure was down, thyroid numbers were perfect, and we had a good talk about IP (my clinic is part of her practice). She was very affirming about my progress and making it to the finish line.

Last edited by JJTx; 01-23-2015 at 10:22 PM.
Old 01-24-2015, 04:27 PM   #79  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTx View Post
That's wonderful!! Great job hitting a big milestone

Had my annual check up with my endocrinologist today - blood pressure was down, thyroid numbers were perfect, and we had a good talk about IP (my clinic is part of her practice). She was very affirming about my progress and making it to the finish line.
You are definitely making it to the finish line - so glad to be with you on your journey!

Today I went to a 2.5 hour Rumba workshop at my favorite studio-- great to be back to dancing and I was a bit sore in the legs when it was over - good to be moving again!
Old 01-26-2015, 11:14 AM   #80  

Oneuh2 - 2 1/2 hours? I'd be exhausted!! But I know you love dancing and that's wonderful you felt well enough to attend and enjoy

Sue - saw your wedding challenges and progress on the other thread - way to work around and stay true to your program!

WI tomorrow, hoping for a good result if what I'm seeing at home holds through the morning. Went shopping on Saturday for a couple of warmer-weather tops - it's been hitting low to mid 70's and I'm drowning in everything I own. Had dressing room shock when I tried on large - just plain large, no X's - and they went right on! A little tight but I figured it would be better to stretch things out a little, because the XL were just too big.

Weekend was super-busy with errands and activities. The weather this week is supposed to be gorgeous until Friday, so I'm hoping to get a couple of days of walking in.

Happy OP day everyone!
Old 01-26-2015, 12:26 PM   #81  
oneuh2

Quote:
Oneuh2 - 2 1/2 hours? I'd be exhausted!! But I know you love dancing and that's wonderful you felt well enough to attend and enjoy
Fortunately, classes involve watching the instructor demo the guys' steps and run thru it with them a few times, then watching him/her demo the ladies' step, before trying it a few times alone.... then we do the step with a partner.... this happens repeatedley as a whole series of steps that make a pattern are introduced and learned and practiced. So I get 'down' time for about half of the overall time in the class. The down time is not dead time, tho -- it's good brain exercise watching and getting the steps memorized, as well as moving around and repeating to establish 'muscle memory' -- all of this is a good alternative to couch potato -- I do love it!

Quote:
Sue - saw your wedding challenges and progress on the other thread - way to work around and stay true to your program!
I never doubted your creativity and persistence, either, Sue!! Way to go!

Quote:
WI tomorrow, hoping for a good result if what I'm seeing at home holds through the morning. Went shopping on Saturday for a couple of warmer-weather tops - it's been hitting low to mid 70's and I'm drowning in everything I own. Had dressing room shock when I tried on large - just plain large, no X's - and they went right on! A little tight but I figured it would be better to stretch things out a little, because the XL were just too big.

Weekend was super-busy with errands and activities. The weather this week is supposed to be gorgeous until Friday, so I'm hoping to get a couple of days of walking in.

Happy OP day everyone!
I hope your dressing room shock turned into dressing room joy as you recognized the disappearnce of the X's!! I picked up some new PJ's at BJ Wholesale Warehouse on Saturday -- I had the opposite problem - I must have picked out a Juniors size oriented manufacturer -- I held up the tee shirt top and found it to be very small looking in the large... and barely larger in the XL, so I bought the XXL and at home when I tried it on, I found it's wearable but a bit snug... the bottoms in size L are a bit snug too... this will last thru my losses to meet goal, I imagine, cause the cotton knit is likely to shrink some too.

Good luck with WI tomorrow -- I have yet to see much of a good sign on the scale.. I think I have lost the one extra pound I had found at last week's weigh in, and now I am looking for one more by Thursday...
Old 01-27-2015, 07:02 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Quote:

Happy OP day everyone!
Thanks! I made it thru the wedding a few "off" foods out of necessity, the pork on Sunday was stuffed with spinach and fete, I pulled it out and off to the side, but I am sure I ate some. Just things like that. Some carrots in the mixed veggies that tasted prepared with butter....but I certainly did not blow it by any means.....

One- sounds like a fun dancing day.....

Snow here was not as bad as expected. We only got about 5 inches instead of the foot + they forecasted. so DH is going to go to work instead of staying home. But me and DS have the day off......laundry and packing up my bedroom for my new furniture delivery Saturday....
Old 01-27-2015, 09:51 AM   #83  
oneuh2

My home scale reads 178.8 this morning.... Finally into the 170's... I was in the 170's 10 days ago but only for a moment .. crept back to 181 the very next day, and have been hanging there until my home WI this morning. I hope I can proceed downward now.

I hauled the scale back out and onto the counter in the kitchen, with cup measure right next to it, so that I can be more precise with serving sizes. I hope this and more careful tracking of water intake, along with more regular dancing to add some exercise, will keep me on that slope toward goal weight.

I do still have trouble getting all my supplements in - the 2 extra magnesium capsules that should accompany our daily snack are often missed. i think that affects tendency toward the big C... i think i need to take them at lunch because i dinner tends to be late and I treat my snack as dessert. taking the extra mag then seems right on top of the supplements just taken with dinner.

After 7 months you would think I would have all the habits ingrained in my lifestyle by now... sigh... but we know its the little details that make the difference. I am trying to focus on those and make them into new habits that can become like breathing.
Old 01-27-2015, 10:41 AM   #84  

Sue - I'm glad the snow wasn't as bad as you feared! If we got even 1/4 that the whole town would completely shut down. :P

Oneuh2 - congrats on sliding into the 170's!!! I know things have been slow and frustrating, but you are losing pounds and inches. If you feel like you need to fine-tune some things, go for it. I tend to eyeball things too. And I think, at least for me, part of my problem is that I'm not "afraid" of the program anymore - I've gotten comfortable, maybe in some ways too comfortable.

I did have a "whoosh" this morning. Although there was a slight difference in home scale vs. clinic scale, I hit the 100 pound mark! Hubby asked me how I wanted to celebrate and I told him chocolate-cheesecake ice cream - kidding!!
Old 01-27-2015, 12:34 PM   #85  
started IP 7/23/14

S/C/G: 264.4/161.4/164

Height: 5'3''

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
My home scale reads 178.8 this morning.... Finally into the 170's... I was in the 170's 10 days ago but only for a moment .. crept back to 181 the very next day, and have been hanging there until my home WI this morning. I hope I can proceed downward now.
Congrats on getting out of the 180's! I have had a similar experience in trying desperately to get out of the 190's. I've been there for 36 days, with a one day drop to 189, then another week bouncing around 190 and change. Today the home scale read 188.6, so maybe I've made it. No WI today because of the snow that was supposed to come, but really didn't. Have to wait until Thursday for the official number.

Quote:

I did have a "whoosh" this morning. Although there was a slight difference in home scale vs. clinic scale, I hit the 100 pound mark! Hubby asked me how I wanted to celebrate and I told him chocolate-cheesecake ice cream - kidding!!
Yipee!! 100 lbs gone - that is amazing! What an accomplishment. I hope you find a really great way to celebrate!

Seems like lots of the long-term IPers are suffering from diet fatigue right now. Wonder whether it is the cold weather. Or, maybe after all the focus on staying strong through the "eating" holidays (Halloween thru New Years), we feel a bit adrift. Like many others, I am trying to get back to basics (weigh and measure, plan) and trying to get on the treadmill for at least a little while every day. And, counting the days until spring!

One NSV to note - My new clothes seem to be outgrowing me much faster now. In the fall, I felt like I would never drop a size (took almost 50 lbs), now it seems to be happening much faster. Maybe its a function of the sizing? Anyway, I'll take it! Don't mind wearing the same few things over and over as long as I know they will go in the donation pile soon.
Old 01-27-2015, 01:40 PM   #86  
oneuh2

Quote:
Let's not whisper about this whoosh...:
100 POUNDS LOST BY JJTX IN JUST 7 MONTHS!!!

This is Fabulous!!!!

I hope there is a massage, or mani/pedi, or SOMETHING special in your plans this week that will commemorate this awesome accomplishment!!!
You rock!!!!

Quote:
loser58: Seems like lots of the long-term IPers are suffering from diet fatigue right now. Wonder whether it is the cold weather. Or, maybe after all the focus on staying strong through the "eating" holidays (Halloween thru New Years), we feel a bit adrift. Like many others, I am trying to get back to basics (weigh and measure, plan) and trying to get on the treadmill for at least a little while every day. And, counting the days until spring!

One NSV to note - My new clothes seem to be outgrowing me much faster now. In the fall, I felt like I would never drop a size (took almost 50 lbs), now it seems to be happening much faster. Maybe its a function of the sizing? Anyway, I'll take it! Don't mind wearing the same few things over and over as long as I know they will go in the donation pile soon.
I see quite a few of us kind of gyrating in place, too, loser58... You may be right about the post holiday effect... I don't think the cold weather has bothered me too much - we have a couple inches of snow from the storm passing thru the DC area last nite, but nothing too debilitating yet.

I know what you mean about the clothing changes... I passed right by some stuff that I had kinda looked forward to wearing.. it's all too big now. I am still finding a few things in my 'closet of many sizes' though -- today a navy blue Hepburn style sweater -- it's an oldie that even has small shoulder pads, but I love it. I am wearing it over an old favorite turtleneck that is already VERY roomy - almost missed this one.... I tucked it into my jeans - - I have not tucked anything into my jeans in years!!

Did you check out the GwynnieBee website that someone shared? What a cool idea for clothing rentals.... it's like Netflix, where if you pay the monthly flat rate to have 2 items, you can swap the items as frequently as you want to as long as you just have 2 items in your possession. They pay for the cleaning, too. Pretty cool idea!

Did you guys notice how close we July Starters all are in getting to our stated goals? Sue and JJTx - you have just over 30 to go... I need to go back and check Pebbles and our other less frequent posters, but I think we are all under 40 lbs to go. Loser58 and I have less than 30 pounds to lose. It's absolutely amazing when I think back to last summer when we were first starting out on this plan. I just have to smile!

Last edited by oneuh2; 01-27-2015 at 03:36 PM.
Old 01-27-2015, 03:05 PM   #87  

7 months, I started on June 30th....

I didn't think I would hit the 100 until next week, until I saw the home scale yesterday and was "this" close.

Loser - hope your home scale holds (or drops) by Thursday!

Oneuh2 - you're right, everyone is doing so well. Even with the frustrations and fatigue, it seems like Phase 2 is at least on the radar for everyone!
Old 01-27-2015, 03:40 PM   #88  
oneuh2

Quote:

7 months, I started on June 30th....

I didn't think I would hit the 100 until next week, until I saw the home scale yesterday and was "this" close.
Ok - I went back and corrected the banner-type hurrah... I am just so happy for you!

Last edited by oneuh2; 01-27-2015 at 03:42 PM.
Old 01-28-2015, 07:20 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Sue - I'm glad the snow wasn't as bad as you feared! If we got even 1/4 that the whole town would completely shut down. :P

Oneuh2 - congrats on sliding into the 170's!!! I know things have been slow and frustrating, but you are losing pounds and inches. If you feel like you need to fine-tune some things, go for it. I tend to eyeball things too. And I think, at least for me, part of my problem is that I'm not "afraid" of the program anymore - I've gotten comfortable, maybe in some ways too comfortable.

woo Hoo! Save that cheesecake for your maintenance cheat day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
Let's not whisper about this whoosh...:
100 POUNDS LOST BY JJTX IN JUST 7 MONTHS!!!

This is Fabulous!!!!

I hope there is a massage, or mani/pedi, or SOMETHING special in your plans this week that will commemorate this awesome accomplishment!!!
You rock!!!!

I see quite a few of us kind of gyrating in place, too, loser58... You may be right about the post holiday effect... I don't think the cold weather has bothered me too much - we have a couple inches of snow from the storm passing thru the DC area last nite, but nothing too debilitating yet.

I know what you mean about the clothing changes... I passed right by some stuff that I had kinda looked forward to wearing.. it's all too big now. I am still finding a few things in my 'closet of many sizes' though -- today a navy blue Hepburn style sweater -- it's an oldie that even has small shoulder pads, but I love it. I am wearing it over an old favorite turtleneck that is already VERY roomy - almost missed this one.... I tucked it into my jeans - - I have not tucked anything into my jeans in years!!

Did you check out the GwynnieBee website that someone shared? What a cool idea for clothing rentals.... it's like Netflix, where if you pay the monthly flat rate to have 2 items, you can swap the items as frequently as you want to as long as you just have 2 items in your possession. They pay for the cleaning, too. Pretty cool idea!

Did you guys notice how close we July Starters all are in getting to our stated goals? Sue and JJTx - you have just over 30 to go... I need to go back and check Pebbles and our other less frequent posters, but I think we are all under 40 lbs to go. Loser58 and I have less than 30 pounds to lose. It's absolutely amazing when I think back to last summer when we were first starting out on this plan. I just have to smile!
I am finding the same thing with some clothes....seemed like I am skipping a size. Wore a 14/16 pant This weekend, but yet some of my 20's still fit lol....trying not to get hung up on the size and more on tackling how I look....I am so distorted in my vision of myself lol...
Old 01-28-2015, 10:35 PM   #90  
oneuh2

Tomorrow is Thursday and I go for weigh in after work -- last week I had gained a pound. My goal this week is to lose that 'old pound' and lose another one to go with it.

I'll be posting tomorrow when I get home --
Closed Thread